Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero 25th Anniversary Show (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero 25th Anniversary Show by RWDPLZ
Started on: 04-16-2006 09:53 PM
Replies: 702
Last post by: CC Rider on 08-26-2008 03:18 PM
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
trying out posting from my phone. just mailed out my registration form!

edited to fix spelling, I guess I need to work on my phone typing skills

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 02-21-2008).]

IP: Logged
DrCPU

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RollinRedGT:

Hey Dave thought you already had a hottie to share your room with? Isn't her name Ginger?hehehe
I booked a room at the Marriott already myself, takin the Misses with me though. Just have to send my registration in yet.
Looks like good times ahead this summer!! I'm sure we'll see ya in London before the show though perhaps!

Scott

One can never have too many "hotties". I seem to have two now - but that can go back down to one pretty quickly! LOL

My registration is sent - and the Marriot Reservations are done. I'm getting in on the 23rd and staying till the 27th.

Please note that the rate for the 24th is now $209 as they have filled their block for that one day. My cost for the four days is $606US. That's inclusive of all taxes. Shoulda called last night and would have saved me a hundred......
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Please note that the rate for the 24th is now $209 as they have filled their block for that one day. My cost for the four days is $606US. That's inclusive of all taxes. Shoulda called last night and would have saved me a hundred......

Just Thursday is full at the group rate??? That's weird.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delays, I have been out of town for work. I will call the hotel on Monday about the rate and get more rooms added into our block. Once I get that done, you can call them and get your rate adjusted. I will drop another post here once I get this accomplished.

Mark

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
I wonder if we are gonna have another drunk wedding party at the hotel like we did last time
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Travel advisory: I-75 is closed at I-96 and will be for two years

If you're coming from the south, a route I take is 275 north to 696 east to M-10 south to Telegraph north to Franklin Rd north to Square Lake Rd east to Opdyke Rd north.

Congestion on 275 around I-96/M-14 - left lane ends and two right lanes merge. Be cautious.

M-10 exit is the two right lanes (this merges into 3 lanes from the left). The far right lane exits to southbound Telegraph only. The left lane becomes the exit for northbound Telegraph. It's easier than it sounds but pay attention to the signs.

Telegraph is a busy 3-4 (each way) lane road. The right lane comes and goes around the mile roads. Go the speed limit even though the locals don't.

Hickory Ridge Rd is the last big street before Franklin. It's good to be in the right lane by here. People will be trying to get over to turn right so watch for that. There's 2 lanes turning right onto Franklin and onto Square Lake Rd. You'll only be on Franklin a block.

I can't remember if Square Lake stays 4 lanes or reduces to 3. In any case, you need to be in the right lane to exit. You'll take the Square Lake Rd / Opdyke Rd exit which is just past Opdyke Rd. You can see the hotel on your left. Take the exit and make a right. Drive to the end and make a right. Go left at the light and into the hotel.

Going back is easier but you'll have to do a Michigan boulevard turn on Telegraph. You turn right, make a u-turn and go south. There's lanes for it so look for them.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 02-25-2008).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Travel advisory: I-75 is closed at I-96 and will be for two years

If you're coming from the south, a route I take is 275 north to 696 east to M-10 south to Telegraph north to Franklin Rd north to Square Lake Rd east to Opdyke Rd north.

Congestion on 275 around I-96/M-14 - left lane ends and two right lanes merge. Be cautious.

M-10 exit is the two right lanes (this merges into 3 lanes from the left). The far right lane exits to southbound Telegraph only. The left lane becomes the exit for northbound Telegraph. It's easier than it sounds but pay attention to the signs.

Telegraph is a busy 3-4 (each way) lane road. The right lane comes and goes around the mile roads. Go the speed limit even though the locals don't.

Hickory Ridge Rd is the last big street before Franklin. It's good to be in the right lane by here. People will be trying to get over to turn right so watch for that. There's 2 lanes turning right onto Franklin and onto Square Lake Rd. You'll only be on Franklin a block.

I can't remember if Square Lake stays 4 lanes or reduces to 3. In any case, you need to be in the right lane to exit. You'll take the Square Lake Rd / Opdyke Rd exit which is just past Opdyke Rd. You can see the hotel on your left. Take the exit and make a right. Drive to the end and make a right. Go left at the light and into the hotel.

Going back is easier but you'll have to do a Michigan boulevard turn on Telegraph. You turn right, make a u-turn and go south. There's lanes for it so look for them.

yes - this affects just about EVERYBODY coming.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Gokart,

Thanks for posting.

We will definitely keep everyone posted as to the road situations as they progress. Another route would be to pick up I-275 off I-75 in Monroe. Then exit at Telegraph in Monroe county and follow Telegraph up to Square Lake Road, to Opdyke to the hotel. As we know better where the construction is, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted and put some maps up in this thread.

My main concern is that we have 2 seasons in Michigan, Winter and road construction. This may give us some challenges getting everyone in, but it will just make the anticipation of coming in that much greater.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I'll be keeping an eye on http://www.michigan.gov/mdo...621_11008---,00.html

Eastbounders from Chicago will have to put up with I-94 construction thru Kalamazoo

and if you're coming from Canada thru Port Huron... http://www.michigan.gov/doc...b_map-2_196438_7.pdf

I'm sure more later...

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Keep us informed is a good idea. I'm looking at my Rand McNally map of Detroit. Can you exit off I 75 at exit 35 and pick up Telegraph then continue north to Pontiac? I should have my GPS with me to get to the Detroit area and the Marriott, but I'll use the "recalculate" if I get off track.
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

I wonder if we are gonna have another drunk wedding party at the hotel like we did last time

There might be! I remember when Eric and me got all pissed off at the wedding party that decided to start uncovering some of the cars and then when the bride decided she needed to put her hands all over my car! I can't believe how long ago all this crap was. It amazes me! Definitely going to try and bring the video from the 20th so we can all watch it. That was great!!!

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking forward to a road trip.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 02-25-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Keep us informed is a good idea. I'm looking at my Rand McNally map of Detroit. Can you exit off I 75 at exit 35 and pick up Telegraph then continue north to Pontiac? I should have my GPS with me to get to the Detroit area and the Marriott, but I'll use the "recalculate" if I get off track.

Yes you can. It turns directly onto Telegraph. The traffic flows good but you're going 45-50 tops, plus the traffic lights, that's why I suggested the above route.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Is it better to mail out the form or do it on line? I don't plan on having my Fiero judged, but i just want to attend the show, do I need to still pay for a better parking arrangment?

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good, but never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can become a reality; Archie and the Crew can make your Dreams into a reality."

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
After two days of 70+mph driving the interstates, a half hour or so of 45-50 mph shouldn't be a problem. Just as long as the road is decent and I don't get into too much rush hour traffic. Stop and go can be a PITA in a manual transmission car.
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

If all goes well, we should be able to open track day registration this week. We are having our club meeting tonight, and might be able to use the club's PayPal account to accept registration money. I'll know more about this after tonight.

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
I checked the Marriott website, and used that group code for the nights of the 24th, 25th and 26th, but it says that group rate is not available for those dates. So I tried it without Thursday night (24th) and it worked. So I guess I need to just call them. (?)
FARMERFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FARMERFIEROSend a Private Message to FARMERFIERODirect Link to This Post
Send payment and registration today, cant wait for the show, CHEERS from a NEWBIE !!
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
The hotel has opened up more rooms at the $109.00 rate for Thursday 7.24. Give them a call with your confirmation number and they will adjust your rate.

Mark

------------------

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Lady-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady-FieroSend a Private Message to Lady-FieroDirect Link to This Post
How many here will have their Fieros entered in the car show?
Is it too late to enter?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
It is not to late to enter. We have approx 50 of the 450 spots filled.

I will be there, so will my car (as a display only)

Mark
PFF
System Bot
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
So whats up with the track registration???
Lady-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady-FieroSend a Private Message to Lady-FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

It is not to late to enter. We have approx 50 of the 450 spots filled.

I will be there, so will my car (as a display only)

Mark

Thank you. Will there be parking for trailered cars at the Marriot?

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Not sure, We are not running that. I will PM fierobear and ask him to update.

Originally posted by Lady-Fiero:
Thank you. Will there be parking for trailered cars at the Marriot?

Yes

Lady-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady-FieroSend a Private Message to Lady-FieroDirect Link to This Post
Wonderful! Thank you.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Hang in there. We're a little behind schedule.

AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
K
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the note on the opening of rooms on the 24th. I just phoned and they adjusted my reservation!

That'll pay for the cigars!!!! Yahoooo!

Dave
dezzys88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dezzys88GTSend a Private Message to dezzys88GTDirect Link to This Post
well i just made my hotel reservations for that weekend and as soon as i get to a printer at school ill be printing out, filling out and mailing out the registration for my car. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! YAY FOR ROADTRIPS!!!!

desi

------------------

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
Mark-
What's the accommodations like for trailer parking at the hotel? I have a 20' enclosed, just want to make sure there's room.
Thanks!
-Mike
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
I'm in - wouldn't miss it!
I'll be staying at my brother's in Troy.
Back to wrenchin to make my goal of bringing Fiero2m8!

------------------

1986 Fiero2m8 (LT1 NX / 4T60 Roadster Build)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071642.html

PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

Mark-
What's the accommodations like for trailer parking at the hotel? I have a 20' enclosed, just want to make sure there's room.
Thanks!
-Mike

If worse comes to worse, Centerpoint Parkway is mainly an industrial use road and it's wide enough to have no problems parking on the side. I'm not sure if it's a no parking zone though.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
We are working on a few things in regards to trailer parking. I do not have a good answer at this point, but we will have trailer parking. As we get the details worked out, I'll keep everyone in the know.

Mark
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

I'm in - wouldn't miss it!
I'll be staying at my brother's in Troy.
Back to wrenchin to make my goal of bringing Fiero2m8!

Amen Brother! I'm frantically working on mine too!

Let's all chant together... track day.. track day.. track day...
I'm ready FieroBear. Show me the form!!!
------------------
Paul

Pontiac prestiege.... Pontiac performance...... Pontiac POWER!
HHP Is back in business! Now selling Adjustable Sway bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 03-13-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
bump
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark: It is not to late to enter. We have approx 50 of the 450 spots filled. Mark

Hey Mark,
I wish I could reg now, but I'm not sure where I'll be in July could you keep us posted on the reg numbers?
(I have good intentions - got the hotel booked already)
Thanks.

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Spring has sprung, and it's time to begin thinking about getting our cars out (those of us in the colder climates), Tax refund checks are hitting our mailboxes, Limited Edition T-shirts are available ( https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/069977.html ), and the biggest event the Fiero community has seen since 2003 is just 4 short months away!

ARE YOU GOING?

Here are a few teaser pics from yesterday

------------------

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
Well after a car accident at work { slammed from behind at a light } last July and still fighting to get surgery on my neck as Workman's comp said they see old herniated disk's, I got out of my Buick Lucerne for a new Truck to tow my DGP up. I was having trouble getting in and out of the lower car and only drove the Fieros twice last year, and sold the Supercharged also.

I talked with my buddy who paints and it is a go as soon as the snow goes away to start tearing her down for a fresh coat of paint for the 25th Anniversary. Bob Birchmeire who built this car also agreed, it needs it. It will once again look like this below but without Judy Landers. I will be there and look forward to the show. Rick

FieroGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGeorgeSend a Private Message to FieroGeorgeDirect Link to This Post
Made my reservation today for Friday and Saturday. Spring is in the air, just need to get rid of this snow! See you at the 25th !!!!!!

George
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock