Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero 25th Anniversary Show (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero 25th Anniversary Show by RWDPLZ
Started on: 04-16-2006 09:53 PM
Replies: 702
Last post by: CC Rider on 08-26-2008 03:18 PM
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
who else is going to be camping?

yes i got page 8

[This message has been edited by Jrgicehc (edited 11-07-2007).]

IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
How many have already registered?
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
I tried to make room reservations for the 24-27 but no rooms are available at the discounted price, are more rooms going to be added?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

I tried to make room reservations for the 24-27 but no rooms are available at the discounted price, are more rooms going to be added?

Sorry for the delay in getting back, I have been down with the flu. I just opened an e-mail from the hotel. They are telling me that there are plenty of rooms available. I do not know why they are telling you they are booked. If you call the hotel and still get the same answer, ask to speak with Tara Allen in Group sales and she will get it cleared up. You can also go thru the Marriott web site at www.marriott.com and use the code "fiefiea" to get the rate online as well.

Mark
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Monthly "bump" for the newbees.

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

RRobinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RRobinsonSend a Private Message to RRobinsonDirect Link to This Post
Booked mine today by phone. No problem w the special rate. Regular rate would have been $249/night- ouch!
If this is anything like the 20th, it should be a great show.

------------------
88 GT 5-Speed...5K orig
88 GT 5-Speed...16K orig
88 GT Auto...42K orig
88 Formula 5-Speed...87K, silver.
87 GT 5-Speed, Blue...18K orig
87 GT 5-Speed...55K orig

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
i know there's a finite limit on rooms, but is there a number on registrants?

if so , how many? forgive me if this info is already already posted...

.and how many registered to date? i.e. how many spots left?

tia

N.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

i know there's a finite limit on rooms, but is there a number on registrants?

if so , how many? forgive me if this info is already already posted...

.and how many registered to date? i.e. how many spots left?

tia

N.

I think it was like 400 total cars allowed. There might be another room available as my wifes Vacation time for the show has been denied

Dan

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-05-2007 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

I think it was like 400 total cars allowed. There might be another room available as my wifes Vacation time for the show has been denied

Dan

400 allowed at the show, or that particular hotel?
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
There is a limit of 450 Fieros for the 2008 25TH Anniversary. All 9 Fiero's from GM will be there. Still working to get the (last Fiero a 1988 GT) of Mike kelley to the show. Mike's Fiero is still for sale, do not know what he is asking at the moment. Fred B is bringing his Yellow PPG Fiero. Will keep everyone posted of any new developments. Late news! I have possitive feedback from Pontiac Enthusiast magazine, they will be covering the 25th as well as other media.

Ron T

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-05-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

There is a limit of 450 Fieros for the 2008 25TH Anniversary. All 9 Fiero's from GM will be there. Still working to get the (last Fiero a 1988 GT) of Mike kelley to the show. Mike's Fiero is still for sale, do not know what he is asking at the moment. Fred B is bringing his Yellow PPG Fiero. Will keep everyone posted of any new developments. Late news! I have possitive feedback from Pontiac Enthusiast magazine, they will be covering the 25th as well as other media.

Ron T

Well, that will suck if i show up as 451.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Ron T

To add to what Ron said above. The hotel has 290 rooms. Last count was 85 rooms booked. My suggestion to those wondering about getting into the show? Register early to insure that you have a spot.

7 months and counting!

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

All 9 Fiero's from GM will be there.

help me out please
1.1st
2.convt
3.4 seater
5.turbo
6.blue PPG
7.bumblebee drag
8.indy
9.?
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Well, that will suck if i show up as 451.

ya, that's why i'm wondering how many registered to date to the show itself... I know i have a room reserved already...

paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
9th is the Hauffaker IMSA Racer.
R T

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
is there going to be 1/4 mile racing at the event?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

is there going to be 1/4 mile racing at the event?

Nothing is planned at this time. If you are interested in running the event or if anyone else is interested, we are willing to help any way we can and will assist with promoting the event like we are doing with the track day that is being run by the Golden Gate Fieros Club.

Mark
fieroX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
what drag strips are in the general vicinity? i might be able to work something out, but if its too costly, lll just have to take on the V8 guys on the streets
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2007 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Just how much are the discounted rooms at the Mariott? And what other hotels should I look at? I don't know the area at all. Cheap is good, but I don't want to end up sleeping with the roaches or someone else's DNA....
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
FieroX: I will be contacting you after Christmas regarding the Drag Strip.

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

Just how much are the discounted rooms at the Mariott? And what other hotels should I look at? I don't know the area at all. Cheap is good, but I don't want to end up sleeping with the roaches or someone else's DNA....

The group rate at the Marriott is $109.00 per night. Their normal rate is $250.00 per night.
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post

There is a limit of 450 Fieros for the 2008 25TH Anniversary.

Uuuuhhhhmmmmm.... you do mean spots IN the show, not registration just to walk around and look, right? I have seen some shows that require registration just to be on grounds to observe, but I generally boycott those snooty types

And are there any updates on breaking world records, etc?

Is there going to be any type of official swap/vendor area set up?

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 12-20-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:
Uuuuhhhhmmmmm.... you do mean spots IN the show, not registration just to walk around and look, right? I have seen some shows that require registration just to be on grounds to observe, but I generally boycott those snooty types

And are there any updates on breaking world records, etc?

Is there going to be any type of official swap/vendor area set up?

I'm just gonna guess here - but yes - IN the show. being it is at a hotel, and it will still be open to the public - you can just pull up, park, and come on in.
world records? maybe. the 20th was quite the event. and, there are 5 years of Fiero losses. they dont make new ones....but - being maybe word will get out even better this time, and those who were on the fence last time make this one - so - good chance this will be the biggest past, present & future.
and, last time - yes/no - was no "special area" - the vendors were spread throughout the area.
also - all you guys who the single special items should bring a few and get together to have a kiosk or something.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Yes you are correct. There are 450 spots for registered vehicles in the show. Anyone can come to the show and be a spectator. We encourage everyone to bring their cars. This is a Fiero show, not a concurs show, so daily drivers and works in progress are just as welcome as trailer queens and finished cars.

We are advertising vendor spots on the registration form, which can be found at http://michiganfieroclub.com/fiero25thshow.pdf

An outdoor space (size of one parking space) is $25.00 per spot and indoor vendor space is $10.00 for each 6' table.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
NEW YEAR BUMP!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Where's help needed? If we start the sign up sheet now, more people might volunteer an hour or two.

Yea, what he said...
85_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I sent my payment a few weeks ago, I could be wrong but I dont see my check being cashed yet. Have you received my registration form with payment?

Thanks
Andrew Szarek
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Registration Form missing form the web site?
opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
So is the link to the .pdf form..........

But put me down for two cars anyhow.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

We recently had a refresh of our our club website. In the process the registration was left off in error. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I have e-mailed a copy of the form in Word form to the above 2 posters. I am also attaching the form below in a jpeg. I have alerted our webmaster and hope to have the form back up on our site very soon.

Mark

Front of form
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Back of Form
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Is the registration open yet for the Track Day?

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
What are levels 1,2 and 3 in both Custom and Modified?
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

We'll need to get Fierobear involved for that question. I am sending him a PM.

Originally posted by Phil:

What are levels 1,2 and 3 in both Custom and Modified?

We have our class expert doing an in-depth analysis of each and every class. Once we have this completed it will be posted here and at www.michiganfieroclub.com/25th

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Fiero 25 - Mark

419 posts
Member since Jan 2007

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Registration Form missing form the web site?

Registration is back up on our website: http://www.michiganfieroclu...es/fiero25thshow.pdf

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Not yet. Hopefully soon, likely by the end of January.

turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mark,

Registrations for Kyle and my cars going in the mail tomorrow! Had to make a guess as to the classifications (put both cars at custom-2). Hopefully at the show "check-in" they will do a quick evaluation of the cars to make sure they are classified correctly.

Todd
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbotoad:

Hey Mark,

Registrations for Kyle and my cars going in the mail tomorrow! Had to make a guess as to the classifications (put both cars at custom-2). Hopefully at the show "check-in" they will do a quick evaluation of the cars to make sure they are classified correctly.

Todd

Todd,

Yes we will have formal classification on site at the show. The person doing the classification has been extremely busy with work and his personal life, not to mention Fieros and the 25th. We will have the actual classification listings out as soon as possible, Please know that we are trying to make sure that everyone who attends has an enjoyable time!

Mark
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

Todd,

Yes we will have formal classification on site at the show. The person doing the classification has been extremely busy with work and his personal life, not to mention Fieros and the 25th. We will have the actual classification listings out as soon as possible, Please know that we are trying to make sure that everyone who attends has an enjoyable time!

Mark

Could you please explain this more to me? So it doesn't matter what class I put in the registration form because someone else will clasify it at the show? Also, are the class defined yet? Thanks.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Could you please explain this more to me? So it doesn't matter what class I put in the registration form because someone else will classify it at the show? Also, are the class defined yet? Thanks.

The classes are on the form to guide you and us as to how many of each type of cars are coming and will be at the show. As I stated above, the classification listings are coming.

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:
.....The person doing the classification has been extremely busy with work and his personal life, not to mention Fieros and the 25th. We will have the actual classification listings out as soon as possible............
Mark

With that said, yes we will have people doing the classifications of each and every car (same thing as the 20th Anniversary show). So you could send in that you have a stock 84, and then when you get to the show, our classification folks would look at your car. If they noticed that your VIN was an 87GT, and that you have a 3800 SC for a power-plant, then yes they would re-classify your car into the appropriate class.

The classes are a guide for us, and we want to make sure that there are enough classes that each and every car has a chance to compete against like cars. I realize the biggest question is coming from folks with modified or custom cars. These are also the classes that are taking the most time to clarify.

I hope this addresses your question. Feel free to ask here or PM me if you any more questions or specific concerns.

Mark
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I don't intend to compete for any awards or prizes...should I just skip the registration and let it go to another of the 450 who might want to compete?

By the way, the hotel is running out of rooms at the discount rate again. They say that July 23rd is sold out for $109...can we get some help freeing up more rooms at that price??

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-16-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I don't intend to compete for any awards or prizes...should I just skip the registration and let it go to another of the 450 who might want to compete?

Totally up to you. I am not competing either, but I will register my car.

Originally posted by jscott1:
By the way, the hotel is running out of rooms at the discount rate again. They say that July 23rd is sold out for $109...can we get some help freeing up more rooms at that price??

Yes! I will call them on Thursday. That is strange. I spoke with them on Monday and we had quite a few rooms available for the 23rd. Maybe we had a spike in reservations in the last couple of days.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock