Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero 25th Anniversary Show (Page 14)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero 25th Anniversary Show by RWDPLZ
Started on: 04-16-2006 09:53 PM
Replies: 702
Last post by: CC Rider on 08-26-2008 03:18 PM
Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2008 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Yes registration is still open. Pre-registration is available until July 10th, 2008. I will let everyone know IF we sell out. If not, then yes we still have spots available.

Mark
IP: Logged
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
YES, I made my room reservations at the Host Hotel, so thePrezzz, my son and I (Fiero John-WI) will be there Thursday thru Sunday. and Registration will be sent to you this Friday.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
There doesn't seem to be any excitement about this show from the masses...

Are you guys excited at all? I'm just shaking in my shoes in anticipation. It may be because it will be the first time back in my Fiero in over 18 months. Or that I am showing a Fiero in my first national event. Or just the notion that this is the 25th Anniversary show!

I wanna hear it!

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

Darren's 87 coupe

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darren's 87 coupeSend a Private Message to Darren's 87 coupeDirect Link to This Post
I don't knoww what you're talking about. I think the masses are all freaking out for this to get here. The host hotel was flooded the first day they were taking reservations. I'm wetting my self! I know of a ton of people who are trying to get new mods and swaps done just for this show. I have been waiting for 2 years for this! If I can't get my 4.9 ready by the date, I'm still flying up from Oklahoma, just to say I went. Hope to see everyone there. WHoo Hoo!

Darren

------------------

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I know people are wanting to go, but no one is really speaking up.

(I'm not sure if my sister will be able to go with me. If you can't drive yours, let me know. I might have an extra seat.)

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 06-11-2008).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
I think the reason you are not hearing from people, isn't because they are not excited, it is because they are in the garage getting their fiero ready, with that said I guess I should get back to working on mine, Hope to meet everyone there New and Old Fiero Friends that I haven't seen since the 20th Anniversary. I will be in my Bright Red CAR HAULER with my 88 Silver GT on it. Stop by and say hi, I will also have some parts for sale. Will be there by Thursday afternoon.
Later
Fiero John-WI
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Are you guys excited at all? I'm just shaking in my shoes in anticipation. It may be because it will be the first time back in my Fiero in over 18 months. Or that I am showing a Fiero in my first national event. Or just the notion that this is the 25th Anniversary show!

I wanna hear it!

i can think of a few people that are freaking out for this, including myself! im cant wait man!!!! its gonna be so sweet!

i think i will be even more excited when i get confirmation my registration was received!
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
The main problem I see with this show is that it is only one day. At Daytona with 100+ cars it was hard to see all and meet everyone in a single day. In this one with over 200 or 300+ cars one day will not be enough. I hope people at least try to stay until late in the day and not start leaving at 2-3:00 like at Daytona so those coming from far away (like me) can see/meet all.
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Last time it started on Wed night with all the arrivals. The parking lot just started to fill from there.
From Thurs night on the parking lot was full of people and cars that maxed out Sat.

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 06-11-2008).]

PrettyPhysicist87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTDirect Link to This Post
I am super excited! my husband and I are leaving home (south central PA) Thursday night, stopping in Pittsburgh overnight to visit my inlaws, then heading the rest of the way early Friday morning. Our car still needs work before it'll be able to be driven that far, but i'm definitely excited. it'll be the first i've driven a Fiero since Jan '06 (thats how long my 86 SE has been out of commission ...). i can't wait to meet everyone - this will be my first big Fiero show.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
1986 Fiero SE
2004 Alero GL a.k.a. Raccoon Killer!

PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
If my e-mail inbox is any indication, then yes folks are very excited. I have been averageing 20+ e-mails a day, most of them are regarding the 25th.

As for the show only being one day, it is actually a four day event, with the actual "car show" on Saturday. There are lots of different activites from the Thursday July 24 - Sunday July 27, 2008. The banquet is being held Saturday evening, with most folks attending, so there should be plenty of cars in the lot on Saturday after 2:00 PM.

Mark
RollinRedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RollinRedGTSend a Private Message to RollinRedGTDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm pretty excited about attending the show! I missed the 20th Anniversary and I've only ever heard good things about it!! Not only is this the 25th Anniversary Show I'll be turning a year older the Monday after the show so attending the show is a birthday present from me to me!! ( not over the hill yet though!! Gettin pretty close though! LOL)

This well be the longest road trip my Fiero has been on in about 7yrs, and I'm only across the creek in Ontario. Approximately 3hrs away from Pontiac, Michigan so I'm thinkin I might even be able to make it there on one tank of gas!! hahaha Guess it will depend on traffic at the border!

I'll be heading that way Friday morning, and look forward to meeting so many Fiero owners from near and far!

Thanks again for the registration confirmation Mark, I'm sure this is alot of work and your all doing a fabulous job at putting this show together! I'm sure I speak for many others also.

------------------

1985 Fiero GT

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

I wanna hear it!

Dude..... I'm going NUTS over here! I have been working for over 1.5 years to get the car modified for this show and track day. I have gone to no other shows with this car because it has been in pieces for at least 6 months. I am very excited... however.....

I do sense what you pointed out. It seems like there is not as much chat this time around. But there should be. It's kind'a like a storm... it has all of the correct ingredients to make it the biggest Fiero event ever. If the people come out dispite the cost of fuel, it will in fact be the biggest (and in my opinion) and best show ever. Period.

------------------
Paul

HHP is now selling Adjustable Sway bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of my IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Look, if you don't end up going to this event you will be kicking yourself for years.
Just ask the guys that did not go in 2003. The posts have been numerous about how they missed all the fun and wished they had been there.
Maybe we need someone to post some more pictures of last time.
The one out the hotel window would be cool to get it started.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

I think the reason you are not hearing from people, isn't because they are not excited, it is because they are in the garage getting their fiero ready,

I've been in the garage all week working on mine

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2008 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
About a month ago I conceded to the fact that my car will not make it to this show. But that isn't stopping ME from making it. I am very excited about this....partially because of the 25th, and partially because Michigan is home to me....I get to see all my family and friends again.

I admit that I haven't read this entire thread, and my questions are probably answered in it....but....

Do we have a full itinerary drawn up somewhere? If I am not bringing a car, what do I have to register for in advance to make sure I don't miss out on?

I will be staying for 10 days with family and friends, and will have my motorcycle there for easy transportation....I just don't want to miss out on any of the excitement while I AM there.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Let me say this:

This is the 25th Anniversary of our wonderful cars. This may be the last time we have a big national type of event of this magnitude. Our cars are getting older, and there are less and less of them on the road, EVERY YEAR. If you are having any reservations about coming, COME. This will be a fun show, with a great deal of things for people to do.

All the event info is listed at www.michiganfieorclub.com/25th

We will have a more detailed itinerary out soon.

One more point. All 9 of the GM Prototypes will be at this show. This will be only the second time in 25 years that all of them have been in one place at one time for public display. We are working on having a couple of extra "surprise" cars there, so stay tuned.

Here is the teaser one more time, to generate some "Pontiac Excitement"

As we approach the ONE month mark, I wanted to put up a little post that gives a few reasons why you should consider attending the event, for those that are riding the fence.

Reason #1: The first Fiero ever made!

Reason #2: Indy #2

Reason #3: FIEROS EVERYWHERE!

Reason #4: 2 + 2 Fiero ( = 4 )

Reason #(fifty) 5:

Reason #6 (1 of 6) If we're lucky, we might get to see 2 of these cars.

Reason #7 Everyone loves a Formula!

Reason #8 Open air is cool!

Reason #9 PORSCHE KILLER!

I think you get the picture, I could go on and on. I'll close out this post with reason #90

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Fiero 25 - Mark

419 posts
Member since Jan 2007
More teaser pics.

Hotel Parking lot from the 20th Anniversary show, July 2003

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Question: Whats the condition of the hwy leading to the show? Ruff like driving on a third world country road or smooth like a baby's bottom in CA?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Question: Whats the condition of the hwy leading to the show? Ruff like driving on a third world country road or smooth like a baby's bottom in CA?

How about closed like you can not drive on it and it's gone...................and I am not kidding. There is a great deal of construction on I-75 and all over Michigan right now.

Here is a link to help you plan: http://mdotwas1.mdot.state....08&Submit=Submit#435

Edit to add: All kidding aside, I-75 is very smooth in certain areas, like where the construction was in 03 (remember the drive in for the 20th) Rough in other areas (from Ohio border to downriver area) and it is completely closed in downtown Detroit. Please use the link to assist with your drive in. If you have specific questions, please ask and myself or Gokart Mozart will chime in about alternate routes to take into the show.

Mark

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 06-15-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
RollinRedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RollinRedGTSend a Private Message to RollinRedGTDirect Link to This Post
I just can't believe the Michigan Department of Transportaion decided to do all this construction with the most memorable show in Michigan History about to take place! (LOL)
I guess none of the DOT employees drive Fieros?? Or they just don't read Pennock's? LOL

All kidding aside I'm sure it will be nice when it's done! I have some friends who drive truck who pass though there on a regular basis from Canada (and NO they don't transport Toronto's Trash !) They have been mentioning for quite some time the roads were gettin pretty soupy over there. They offered to give me some direction to keep me on some smooth roads as the show gets closer. Told it might take a little longer to get there, but I won't have to worry about losing my car in one of the famous Michigan craters (potholes)
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
the countdown is on folks, woohoo!

see you all there!

and oh yes, i finally registered (payment by US money order sent!)

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 06-19-2008).]

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Show your pride - Make the drive!!!!!

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed
Poly all around, Koni's & Lowered
LQ1 powered

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump

In the pic's above my cars the red one :^)
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
NEWS FLASH!!!!!

Please see this link: http://michiganfieroclub.com/Classes.html

The link contains the class definitions for the show.

One month and counting. ARE YOU GOING?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Is there anybody who drives to the 25th from close to Miami who would be willing to take on passenger(s)?

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake hoses. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, Rebuilt&blueprinted V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
sure! i'll drive all the way down & back up again if she's hot as the weather down there!!!
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mark for all the hard work!!!!!
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Thanks Mark for all the hard work!!!!!

Thank RAREW66 for all the hard work on the class definitions.

THANK YOU FRED< AWESOME JOB!!!!
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
Fred,
Great job thanks for all the help -
Co/chairman Ron, Mark, Ken, and Barb.

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Is there a "fun" class for people who just want to show a car? (non-judged perhaps) just a thought.

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 06-20-2008).]

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Is there a "fun" class for people who just want to show a car? (non-judged perhaps) just a thought.

Yes, there is:

CLASS Y: STREET CLASS

Street Class is designated for the Fiero owner that wants to participate in the event with out worrying about preparing the car for the normal car show presentation and judging. Normal wear and tear will be accepted in this class. Judges will view the car at eye level using a partial 50 point judging sheet. Car in this class will not be required to have the hood and decklid open for judging. Judges will judge for overall exterior and interior appearance only in a quick walk around.

See you at the 25th.
Fred
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Most Hot Rod shows I go to have a Display Only Classification where you pay $2 to 5 dollars to put your car on the field for show only (not judged). This allows late entry cars to still be displayed for crowd view, I do this most of the time, as I don't want to burn up the entire day at the show, and Michigan weather is pretty unpredicable. I don't know if the Michigan Fiero Club took this into consideration for the 25th Show.

I haven't registered yet, as it's unsure if my car will be ready for the show, but I plan on stopping by if it is done.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
deleted

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 06-21-2008).]

Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticDirect Link to This Post
Will probably be driving down Saturday morning with a buddy to check out the show. I'm super stoked.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is some information I received today on the class definitions for the show.

Hello,
Please see the attached 25th Anniversary Show Class Definitions for you and your members to review. These are the formal classes that will be used. There are a few changes in the class letters and an added class that are not on the registration form, but this is the final say of what the show will be using.
Thank you and we will see you in July!
Mark Duford
25th Anniversary Show Classifications
Welcome to the 25th Anniversary celebration of the Pontiac Fiero. The sole intention of this classification guideline is to group Fieros with similar characteristics together to compete for awards. I have made every attempt to list numerous examples of changes that are allowed in each class. These examples are provided to give a general feel for the type of Fieros that would be placed in that class but may not specifically include every similar types of changes. This is a live document and could change after a fair and thorough review of all of the organizers of the event. Our primary goal is make the event as enjoyable as possible for all participants and have the opportunity to fairly win an award at this celebration show. Please review the following classes and select the class description that you feel your Fiero fits best. Please note that all Fieros will be inspected at the event to ensure that each car’s features fits in to the selected class. A completed window placard will be required to be eligible for judging. Instructions for placard completion will be included in the registration packet received at the time of registration. There will be a designated place at the host hotel where classification verification will take place along with posted times. Please refer to the registration room for times and place. All classification verifications must be completed prior to 10:00 am on show day July 26th to be eligible for awards.

Should any questions, comments, concerns or suggestions arise, please feel free to contact me and I will assist you in a class selection.

Fred Bartemeyer
fbartemeyerjr@covad.net
563-340-5897
RAREW66 on Pennock’s

Judging
Judging will be performed by a completely independent panel of judges that have lots of experience in other automotive brands. As of to date, 18 judges have committed to scoring our event. Teams consisting of three judges, one assistant and one technical advisor will perform each cars scoring. Judging will occur at the car where you are directed to park it prior to the opening of the show. There will be no drive through judging at this event. All judged Fieros must be in place by 10:00 am to allow the judges sufficient time to complete their busy day. Please display the window placard clearly in the left front corner of the windshield for the duration of the show day. A designation sticker will be placed on your window placard after your car has been judged. Owners wishing to display their car with the windows up, please consider placing the window plaquard under the driver’s side wiper blade. Fieros without a clearly visible window plaquard will not be judged. Cars will be judged with emphasis on fit, finish, and cleanliness based on a 100 point scale. There will be a small number of judges’ assistants from the Fiero Community that will assist with technical assistance only and will not participate in any judging decisions.
Displays
Displays are more than welcome at the 25th Anniversary Celebration show. Any material related to the Pontiac Fiero or specifically to your car can and is encouraged to be displayed. Please keep in mind that displays should not interfere with the judges’ access to properly view your Fiero while scoring. Any display material that covers any part of the car may be asked by the judges to be moved by the owner to allow for fair judging. If you have a display that is larger than what will fit in a normal parking space with your car, please contact the show organizers and arrangements will be made to accommodate your needs if possible.

STOCK CLASSES

Stock Classes will display all stock equipment as the car was delivered from the factory to the dealership. Basically the “Stock is Stock” guideline will be maintained. Normal maintenance items such as tires, battery, ignition parts, belts, hoses, filters, exhaust, suspension and brake components that are subject to normal wear will be acceptable changes. Restored and Original cars are eligible for stock class, but Fieros that are factory original with less than 10,000 miles will be suggested to enter Class R FACTORY STOCK SHOWROOM CLASS.

Verifiable GM Authorized Accessories as listed in any of the GM Parts Accessories catalog will be allowed. Examples of GM Authorized Accessories are Security Systems, block heaters, mudflaps, GM lower rocker and door decals, Windshield “PONTIAC” decal, front end bras, mirror bras.

Also allowed in stock classes are any factory supplied equipment or parts added to your stock Fiero. Items considered will include any bolt on stock Fiero parts that were produced at the Fiero Plant for any model or year of the Fiero that may not have been originally installed on your Fiero. Any stock additions must appear as the factory would have produced it in color, function, fit, and finish. Fieros that have such upgraded equipment that do not change the physical appearance of the car will be placed in Stock Classes A through J. Fieros that have upgraded stock parts that change the appearance of the car will be placed in Class K Stock Factory and Dealer Upgrade. Examples of added factory equipment are as follows: Power Locks, Windows, Mirrors, Trunk release, cruise control, factory radio upgrade, center oil/volt gauge pods, factory subwoofer, factory seat changes including driver’s lumbar to leather seats, factory steering wheels and shifter knobs, tilt steering column, Factory wing, Factory luggage rack, factory Fiero wheels, Factory Sunroof, C+C T-Tops, Aero Fascias and ground effects painted low gloss black, silver, or body color, Fastback Rear Clip, 2.5L Four and 2.8L V-6 engine swaps, Automatic to Manual Transmission and vise versa, Factory Air Conditioning, Factory Rear Window Defroster

An exception to stock classes will be made for convertibles that would normally qualify for a stock class with the exception of the addition of the convertible top conversion. Convertibles subject to this exception will be entered in to Class K Stock Factory and Dealer Upgrade.

An exception to stock classes will be made for Fieros that have had 3.4L V-6 replacement remanufactured or crate engines installed provided that the engine bay and engine appear identical to the way the factory originally installed the stock V-6 engine.

CLASS A: STOCK 84 COUPE, SPORT COUPE, SE

CLASS B: STOCK 84 INDY PACE CAR

CLASS C: 85 COUPE, SPORT COUPE, SE

CLASS D: 85 GT

CLASS E: 86 COUPE, SPORT COUPE, SE

CLASS F: 86 GT

CLASS G: 87 COUPE, SPORT COUPE, SE

CLASS H: 87 GT

CLASS I: 88 COUPE, FORMULA

CLASS J: 88 GT

CLASS K: STOCK FACTORY AND DEALER UPGRADE

CUSTOM CLASSES

Custom classes are designated for the basically stock Fiero that has had minor changes made to personalize to the owners taste. A majority of the changes in Custom Classes will generally but not specifically be bolt on items. Each level of the Custom Classes is mainly based on the number of changes made from stock. Specified example changes will automatically qualify a Fiero for a class as indicated in each custom class description.

CLASS L: LEVEL 1 CUSTOM

Level 1 Custom Class is designated for the basically stock Fiero that has had minor upgrades or changes made. Changes must be simple bolt on parts. A Maximum of three changes from stock is allowed. Examples: Aftermarket radio head unit, Pontiac CD EQ radio upgrade, Aftermarket security or remote start systems, Aftermarket add-on glove box, Woodgrain or similar dash bezel appliqués, Console mounted trays and cupholders, Sideview mirrors and engine vents painted body color, Holley or Fiero side scoop, Pegasus hood decal, Pinstripes, Vinyl graphics, and decal appliqués, Window Tint, chrome lug nuts.

An exception will be made in Level 1 Custom Class for Fieros that specifically have only one popular change made from stock that may not be a simple bolt on change. Popular Exception Examples: Aftermarket leather seats, Wing stand extensions, lower quarter side scoops, cold air intake, OEM non-Fiero wheels, Rear window louvers, Aero front air dam extensions.

CLASS M: LEVEL 2 CUSTOM

Level 2 Custom Class will basically involve major bolt on custom components. A Maximum of seven changes from stock is allowed. Level 2 Custom Class Examples: Non-Stock body paint color, Lower rear quarter side intake scoops, Bolt on decklid scoops or vents, Sail panel scoops, Over the roof scoops, Extended wing stands, Non-Fiero or aftermarket wings, Aftermarket Pop-up Sunroofs, Rear window louvers, Front air dam extensions and ground effects, Add on rocker ground effects, Bolt on hood or fender vents, Headlight changes, Taillight changes, OEM Non-Fiero or aftermarket exhaust tips, OEM Non-Fiero or Aftermarket wheels, Minor engine and engine bay appearance upgrades such as colored spark plug wires and distributor cap, colored wire sheathing, paint colors or minor aftermarket cosmetic items like EGR and MAP sensor covers, custom air intake systems, Aftermarket seat upholstery, OEM Non-Fiero seats, Single tube bolt in roll bars, Custom steering wheels, Shifter knobs and short shifters, Aftermarket gauges, A-Pillar and Pod gauges, Stereo Upgrades that include remote amps, subwoofer boxes, and speakers not in stock location.

CLASS N: LEVEL 3 CUSTOM

Level 3 Custom Class will generally include Fieros that have had a large number of minor and/or major changes in addition to the listed examples. Minimum of seven or more changes from stock are allowed. Level 3 Custom Class Examples: Custom Paint including heavy metallic, pearl or color changing additives, Custom paint schemes that are painted on including flames, graphics and murals, Chromed Engine Bays, Custom Dash, Center Console, Carpeting or door panel upholstery upgrades,

MODIFIED CLASSES

Modified Classes are designated for the Fiero that has had changes made that require a more advanced level of skill than simple bolt on parts. Modified Classes will include Fieros that have significant changes made that alter the physical appearance and/or the mechanical function of a stock Fiero. Each level of the Modified Classes is mainly based on the number of changes made to the car. Specified example changes will automatically qualify a Fiero for a class as indicated in each modified class description. Due to the large amount of creativity in the Fiero Community, each modified class description examples are generally brief with enough material to give a feel for the type of Fieros intended for that class.

CLASS O: LEVEL 1 MODIFIED

Level one modified class will basically include cars that have had changes to significantly alter the physical appearance of a stock Fiero. A maximum of 10 changes is allowed. Level one Modified Class Examples: Major body panel modifications and/or changes, widebody conversions, IRM Fastback conversions, Molded in side, hood, decklid scoops and ground effects, Fender lip extensions, Full length ground effects, Non-Stock fascias, Major Interior changes such as Firebird, Corvette, PISA dash and/or door panel conversions, Vertical Lambo style lift door hinges, Any method of lowering the car such as Air suspension, Lowering springs, Coilovers, or drop spindles.

CLASS P: LEVEL 2 MODIFIED

Level two modified class will basically include cars that have had major changes to upgrade the mechanical systems of a stock Fiero with out significantly changing the physical appearance of the car.
A maximum of 10 changes is allowed. Level two Modified Class Examples: Brake changes and modifications such as big brake kits, aftermarket brake systems, Suspension changes and modifications such as tubular control arms, rear bump steer kits, complete poly bushings upgrades, Larger sway bars, 88 cradle in to early car, Turbo and Supercharger, Headers and modified exhaust systems, Custom intake manifolds and air intake systems, NOS systems, tubular cradles, full roll cages, High Performance engine builds and L-4 modifications such as 2.7L 2.9L 3.0L and V-6 modifications such as 2.9L 3.1L 3.4L, Bowtie aluminum V-6 block and heads, 6 speed manual transmission.
CLASS Q: LEVEL 3 MODIFIED

Level three modified class will include cars that have had multiple physical appearance changes and mechanical upgrades and changes as suggested by the examples in Level One and Level Two Modified Class descriptions. A minimum of 10 changes consisting of both appearance and mechanical changes. Also included in Level three modified class will be engine conversions that are generally bolt in and do not involve cutting, fabrication or modifying of the frame and/or cradle. Level 3 Modified Engine Conversion Examples: Quad 4, 3.4 DOHC, 3.8L, 3.8L SC, 3.9L, 3.6 Shortstar, 4.9L V-8 Please note that Fieros that have an engine conversion listed above may be bumped back to Level 2 if less than 5 changes are found.

CLASS R: LEVEL 4 MODIFIED

Level 4 class will include Fieros that have had major re-configuring, modification and fabrication performed on the frame, cradle and body. This class includes car that have had cutting and welding done to the frame and cradle for the purpose of permanently altering the physical appearance and mechanical function of the Fiero. This class will showcase high profile show cars like the Plasma and V-8 Archie’s latest creations. Level 4 Class Examples: Home-made Convertibles, targa top, Chop top, suicide doors, frame extensions. Also included in level 4 class will be engine conversions that require cutting and welding of the frame and/or cradle. Level 4 Class Engine Conversion Examples: Small Block Chevy, LT, LS, Big Block Chevy, Pontiac, Northstar 4.6L, Aurora 4.0L, Longitudinal mounted Engines. Please note that Fieros that have an engine conversion listed above may be bumped back to Level 3 if less than 5 changes are found.

CLASS S: FACTORY STOCK SHOWROOM CLASS

Factory Stock Showroom Class is intended for the Fiero that is essentially brand new and has been preserved as it was when the car exited the assembly line and arrived at the dealer. A maximum of 10,000 miles will be allowed. All cars in factory showroom class will maintain all equipment as specified by the RPO codes listed on the SPI tag. No changes will be allowed. Consideration will be made for correctness of the entire car including original tires, battery, spark plug wires or other maintenance items that are normally replaced on cars that have been used. Window stickers, original shipping plastic on the seats, carpet, steering wheel, and drivers door, paper tags and grease markings that are normally removed at dealer prep are encouraged if available. Technical Advisors from the Fiero Community will assist the judge’s to identify correctness of the car.

CLASS T: DAILY DRIVER NOTCHBACK

Daily Driver Notchback Class is intended for the Fiero that is truly driven year round. A minimum of 150,000 miles is required. There will be no modification guidelines for this class. Cars in this class will be required to have hoods and decklids open for judging utilizing the full 100 point scoring. Fit, finish and cleanliness will be considered in this class. Classification Volunteers will be looking for indications and will asking questions to see if the car is truly driven year round.

CLASS U: DAILY DRIVER FASTBACK

Daily Driver Fastback Class is intended for the Fiero that is truly driven year round. A minimum of 150,000 miles is required. There will be no modification guidelines for this class. Cars in this class will be required to have hoods and decklids open for judging utilizing the full 100 point scoring. Fit, finish and cleanliness will be considered in this class. Classification Volunteers will be looking for indications and will asking questions to see if the car is truly driven year round.

CLASS V: WORK IN PROGRESS

Work in progress class is intended for the Fiero that did not get finished in time for the show or is in a continued state of construction. Fieros that are simply dirty, run down mechanically and cosmetically will not be considered for this class.

CLASS W: KITCAR AND RE-BODY

Kitcar and Re-Body class is intended for the Fiero that has been changed to look like another make and/or model of automobile.

CLASS X: COMPETITION FIEROS

Competition Fieros Class is intended for Fieros that are built for the sole purpose of racing in any form of competition and usually arrive to the track on a trailer. Competition Fieros shall not be street legal and have license plates. Competition Fieros Examples: Drag Cars, Road Race Cars for use in NASA, SCCA, IT, GT, Solo II, Modified classes, rally cars, and circle track racers.

CLASS Y: STREET CLASS

Street Class is designated for the Fiero owner that wants to participate in the event with out worrying about preparing the car for the normal car show presentation and judging. Normal wear and tear will be accepted in this class. Judges will view the car at eye level using a partial 50 point judging sheet. Car in this class will not be required to have the hood and decklid open for judging. Judges will judge for overall exterior and interior appearance only in a quick walk around.

CLASS Z: FACTORY ASSEMBLED AND PROTOTYPE SPECIALTY FIEROS

This class is intended for the specialty Fieros that were built aftermarket factory assembled or are factory prototype vehicles. Owner is to provide documentation that the entry in to this class is of a design of a manufacturing facility not specifically built by GM or Pontiac. Examples of cars for this class: PPG GTP Pace Car, DGP Prototype Wide Body, ASC Prototype Convertible, IRM Promo Show Cars, Mera, Zimmer, Enterra, Red Shift Delta 204T, 1987 Holland Pontiac Convertibles, ect.

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
Is the registration form going to be updated to reflect the class updates, or do we just pen and ink it?
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

I haven't registered yet, as it's unsure if my car will be ready for the show, but I plan on stopping by if it is done.

Tom,

If you get over to the show, look me up. I'll be the one with the greatly updated yellow car.
We'll have to catch up... Still doing IPs?
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:
Tom,
If you get over to the show, look me up. I'll be the one with the greatly updated yellow car.
We'll have to catch up... Still doing IPs?

You'll hear the sound of my intake before you see me ! We should have it running by Show Time. Really looking forward to seeing your car with the new body bits. I left GM about 5 months back, have been working Aerospace & Defense, currently on Mine Resistant Vehicle design improvements.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 06-21-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock