Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LT1 Stinger going together (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
LT1 Stinger going together by Archie
Started on: 01-09-2002 10:50 PM
Replies: 1108
Last post by: Archie on 12-16-2004 09:29 PM
Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Archie, do you have a spare bumper for any particular reason or was this just a test panel?

I made it page 9

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 01-25-2002).]

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pHoOl:
Did anybody else notice he said "Power door releases"? hmm... sounds like spring loaded (or gas shock) to open once a power door release is activated. hmmm...

That's nothing new. Solenoid door releases have been done since the 50's. Notice there are no door handles on the doors. You hit a button on your key chain, and the door pops open. That has nothing to say about what direction the door opens in.

I may just have to make it to Power Tour, just to get my doors blown off by that bad boy.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reality:
Archie, do you have a spare bumper for any particular reason or was this just a test panel?

I was wondering that myself...?

Archie- I'll try to give you a ring this weekend about a display (I've even got "V8 Archie" in my Cell Phone's auto-dial...)

Can't wait to see this project finished!!

Tigger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
I'm envisioning that the doors open in a similar mannor as they do on the "Frankenstude"

That's COOL!!! Wow, and two more suprises yet to see.

I love threads like these, keep them coming!

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
Must make plans to see this for real!

Lookin' Good Archie!

RedHaze86SD4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RedHaze86SD4Send a Private Message to RedHaze86SD4Direct Link to This Post
-=taking notes=- Soem great ideas going on here lemme see... I can **** to my 87, and also **** lol more ideas please
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
on page 2? bump

------------------
Adam J. B.

you gotta keep on keepin on...
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Yeah, after you left, I thought I should have at least covered you for your costs for taking the drive for me.

If I had made the trip down there I wouldn't have got as much done today as I did.

At least we offered you a beer

Don't worry about the wife..... I know for a fact that they get over it.

Archie

No worries man, I'm certain I'll need a favor someday.

Originally posted by NOCONES:
TRIAD. she seems to get a little mad over everything

I can tell you've been to my place. She's not that bad. Well...if she is, I'm not telling.

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

TRIAD:::::
Just PM me the secret's === a 'smooth' car you will have...lol

Wow...now THERE'S a bribe! I like! Too bad my smooth Fiero would be owner-less cause Archie would KILL me! LOL!

Now on these wheels, since Archie only listed "wheels and tires" in his post, for anyone taking close notes;

Wheels: Konig Tantrum // 17x7" front, 17x8" rear, 5x100 bolt pattern, +40 offset
Tires: Yokohama A520 // 215/45ZR-17 front, 235/40ZR-17 rear
Other: Tires mounted by hand, Computer spin-balanced, no-touch weights, locking lugs, Hub-centric rings, hand delivered. ( )

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
180 miles? let's see from Texas it would be......... DAM! Yes it has crossed my mind !Now the show.hummm did I hear a rally from Texas to there?? LOL !
Smoothie(smooth operator) would not give his "project" up this close to finish...would ya??
AND Triad, we have ALL helped you when you had questions..........do you know what the question will be??lol

Archie it is looking very nice ! Hope you can send us to the right place to get our own "3 surprises". SO how much should I start saveing?? AND what will it take for a TEXAS fly-by??? You can stay at my house (no wife nagging)ha ha

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Keep 'em coming Archie!
PFF
System Bot
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

That car is amazing, I don't even know what to say......

I wasn't sure on how I felt about the chop-top fastbacks, but the chop-top notch back is simply beautiful.

I think that thing should go in a museum. After you build another one of course

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tesmith66 (edited 01-25-2002).]

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Archie,

Your fairly tall, does your head hit the headliner? Just curious. The car is drop dead gorgeous.

------------------
Roy :D
Just another stock Blue 87 GT
Suncoast Fieros

JUST ADDED: YELLOW 1988 GT w/ T-Tops, 5-Speed, and Performance Sound.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Smoothie(smooth operator) would not give his "project" up this close to finish...would ya??

AND what will it take for a TEXAS fly-by???

Rev... You know that I'm keeping mine...lol I was going to smooooth Tr!ad's car... not mine!!
I was wondering the same about the Texas FLYBY!!! Archie??

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
i hope its gonna be lower than that. its got one hell of a wheel gap
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
yeah that wheel well gap has got to go... i conquer...

------------------
1986 GT 4spd> Suspension Techniques Springs, Poly Bushings, Bosal Brospeed 4.5" Exhaust Tips, Cross Drilled Rotors

XDrewX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XDrewXSend a Private Message to XDrewXDirect Link to This Post
In a past post I believe Archie said he was using 2" drop spindles for the front.

I think the car was just taken off of the jack stands and the springs are still "sprung".

The car needs to probably just be driven so it can settle.

Peace
DAP

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me, but it seems that we haven't seen the rear deck lid in any of the pix yet... Maybe he's doing a split rear deck design "a la" Mr2.

I CAN"T WAIT SEVEN DAYS, I WANT IT NOW
: :

------------------
1986 GT 4spd> Suspension Techniques Springs, Poly Bushings, Bosal Brospeed 4.5" Exhaust Tips, Cross Drilled Rotors

[This message has been edited by The Aura (edited 01-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by The Aura (edited 01-25-2002).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XDrewX:
In a past post I believe Archie said he was using 2" drop spindles for the front.

I think the car was just taken off of the jack stands and the springs are still "sprung".

The car needs to probably just be driven so it can settle.

Peace
DAP

Well I'm hoping it settles down a bit.

Remember how people used to say that the suspension would sag with the weight of a V-8? The rear suspension on this car is totally stock with all new parts (stock style struts, new ball joints & poly bushings) AND the stock rear springs were cut 1 full coil, & it STILL sets too high. The front is all original type parts (stock style shocks, new ball joints & poly bushings) and the lowering spindles I bought from Chester. ABD the front looks like it sets too high. I'm hoping that driving the car will settle it in a bit more but we had already stood up on the car and bounced it a bunch before I took the above pics. The front suspension did settle in a little but the whole car is still too high.

If it doesn't settle in a bunch more upon driving it..... I may have to take it apart for more surgery pending ordering some lowering springs.

Right now the car sits at 42.5" high, that is about 1.5" higher than I had wanted.

We'll see.

Archie

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
You and your expert team could put in the springs in less thatn an hour... I say, the lower the better... but if your taking it on the power tour maybe lower springs and spindles would be too much... but definately some lowering springs on the rear, and perfection will be close.
PFF
System Bot
Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post
The car looks absolutly INCREDABLE!

any chance of bringing it to the land up north

BTW: am i the only one who noticed that there are no pics of the drivers side???
All pics have been from the passenger side

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
I was bored on lunch very quick lil setup. But gives you an idea of what we're looking at:
Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post

I asked him that last night in the chatroom.
He accidentally painted the coupe bumper that's on the car instead of a Formula one that's on the stand.
He also said that the doorskins and fascias aren't bolted on yet, they're just sitting on the car to show you how it looks.

yo_sweets_babe

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2002 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweets_babeSend a Private Message to yo_sweets_babeDirect Link to This Post
coming from a former nutcase whom at one point of her life didn't like fieros, THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST GORGEOUS CARS I'VE EVER SEEN!!!
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

I was bored on lunch very quick lil setup. But gives you an idea of what we're looking at:

VERY nice...now paint the trim and mirrors to match, like they do on the car.

Bluemagic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BluemagicSend a Private Message to BluemagicDirect Link to This Post
Archie I have been watching all this time with a comment and a more pickier person you will never find I was like yeaaaah so what just another fiero but after seeing the car it was a gorgeous master piece and I love my notchie(Notchback) even more than before.
The car looks Italian by design and even if you don't add any thing else I love it totally refreshing by the way please dont post any more photo until you drop it some more ...you are the best at what you do.

------------------
85 SE Cadero 4.9 V8

Shaft

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaftSend a Private Message to ShaftDirect Link to This Post
I think another mod has to do with the rear window. I can't see any glass in there yet and something doesn't look quite right back there. Maybe thats jsut cuz of the chop though.

So I'm sayin....6 Speed and a rear wondow mod will round out the list.

banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bluemagic:
I love my notchie(Notchback) even more than before.

Notchie? If I had Archie chop my fastback, would I be driving a Fartchie?

No disrespect to Arch or the Fiero...

------------------
Silver 86 GT
no truck, no trailer, no spray!

GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Direct Link to This Post
Archie, did u get my last PM.. ?
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shaft:
I think another mod has to do with the rear window. I can't see any glass in there yet and something doesn't look quite right back there. Maybe thats jsut cuz of the chop though.

He said it was going to be a three peice removeable back glass.

PFF
System Bot
Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shaft:

So I'm sayin....6 Speed and a rear wondow mod will round out the list.

Rear window ain't one of 'em, per Archie, Page 8:

Originally posted by Archie:
. . . . 3 pc. removeable rear window . . . .

Gotta look elsewhere, or wait.

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 01-25-2002).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Hhhmm.. Why have we not seen the 'drivers' side yet..??? hhmmmm...??? maybe I missed something.. anyone??
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Another vote for the two piece "MR2" style rear decklid, I have wanted to do that for a while, so it would be cool to see it done on this car. Maybe that is mod #2, after Lamdo doors.

Rob

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neal:

BTW: am i the only one who noticed that there are no pics of the drivers side???
All pics have been from the passenger side

You know..... earlier today I was thinking the same thing. I said to myself, "I'll bet they think there is something going on with the Left side of the car, I've never posted a pic of the left side. I'll bet some people think the left side is a totally different style than the right side."

It's kinda funny that you thought of it about the same time I was thinking about it. However, I can assure you that the car is symmetrical.

Archie

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
42.5" tall, and it isn't even setteled at all. I would hate to loose that car in a parking lot. Mines stock (46.9") and it is still alittle tough to get into I just wonder how it feels to fall into a dropped, chop top. (then you have to crawl/roll out) I love photochoping cars to have a drop and a chop, heres Lisas GT I did last night out of boredom. and added GP headlights, an origional Idea of mine that has not been done yet.
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
i need a towl!

archie thats one hell of a car that chop looks amazing! its a very slick looking car

it sittin a little high! man i cant wait to see the final pic of it traid was saying its sounds very nice!!!

------------------
see my toys click here

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
I did'nt know that Lisa worked at "Hooter's"....?? See the company ride in the garage>...?? lol
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Today was a big day..... kinda like Christmas for me. We got the car on the floor (as you saw the pics) and got the exhaust system almost done and ran the engine several times. This one sounds sweet.... quiet and mellow, understated but firm, just belting out... "I'm a V-8 & I don't need excuses" repeatedly.

Well I got a boatload of Christmas presents today. The balance of custom interior parts from Mr.(Santa Claus)Mike.

Everyone that has ever bought anything from Mr. Mike's knows that there is never a disappointment in a package from him. Whenever you get interior parts from him, you always parts that meet even the highest of expectations. Several weeks ago, I called Mike and told him about the LT1 Stinger and how it was setup color theme etc., and I told him to design something great for this car. He said that he would make me up some sketches and get back to me for my approval. I told him that he had better taste in what would look good and that he should go ahead and produce parts that he would put on this car as if I was building it for him.

Man, he did a great job!!!!!

It's no wonder that virtually every Mr. Mike's customer is a repeat customer.

These pictures tell the whole story....

Archie

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2002 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, something I've been wanting to ask: Are you gonna keep this one?

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 02-23-2002).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock