Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LT1 Stinger going together (Page 16)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
LT1 Stinger going together by Archie
Started on: 01-09-2002 10:50 PM
Replies: 1108
Last post by: Archie on 12-16-2004 09:29 PM
mbramble

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mbrambleSend a Private Message to mbrambleDirect Link to This Post
I see no switch by the lighter. I see the little hole for the screw that holds the trim piece in place...
IP: Logged
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
I see nothing by the lighter. I do see a round, black button on each door panel. I am sure those are the door popper buttons.

How would you get out if the battery shorts out? Can't roll down the power windows and can't open the doors? What if there's a fire and the electrics get destroyed before you can get the doors or windows open? I would want a manual release inside the car.

I worry too much.

------------------
Timothy E. Smith
1986 SE V6
1984 Coupe
1996 Ford Probe GT
1999 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
1975 Chevrolet ElCamino SS

Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post01-31-2002 01:47 PM   Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
doors rule!

------------------
Ray - Fierosite.com - The Donut Man!

85GToronto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTorontoSend a Private Message to 85GTorontoDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that yellow around the gas door too but i think its just that-a slight bit of the yellow gas door face that you can see from behind.
I think the "creative" cropping is certainly true. Not to mention that in each of these pics if(?) Archie was being really sneaky having someone hold a door in a certain position for a pic wouldn't be that hard. I mean does it seem weird to anyone else that the mirror on the passenger side in that one pic is JUST visible, and nothing else (i.e. the door skin) is? Either we're reading way too much into these pics or Archie is having a ball watching us all squerm at the posts....
Draven81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Draven81Send a Private Message to Draven81Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mbramble:
I see no switch by the lighter. I see the little hole for the screw that holds the trim piece in place...

might just be my crappy monitor...

Draven81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Draven81Send a Private Message to Draven81Direct Link to This Post

Draven81

69 posts
Member since Jan 2002
SWEET!!!
onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
Just amazing.
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:
That lil' switch by the ashtray is 'pop' button's for the door's.. I assume!! Why do we even 'assume' about Archie anymore...lol

my dad has a little saying
dont assume because it makes an a$s of you and me

[This message has been edited by 4BanGinFun (edited 01-31-2002).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
That is completely AWESOME! So how big of a loan do I have to go get? I want it!

------------------

James Essar
Co-Founder of NEO Fiero Club!
Stock 4, Wanna Race?

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
tres sweet Archie.

what are the other 2 things?
------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

[This message has been edited by DaRkLoRD (edited 01-31-2002).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! i'M GLAD i WAS WRONG!! i LOVE IT aRCHIE!!! See I can't even type now...
PFF
System Bot
malacite

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteDirect Link to This Post
ok. the doorts are neat. also. i am not doing justice to the amount of work you must have put into them. they're great for picking up women.

if you see a woman on the sidewalk you slow down, pop the passenger door and pull close to the curb. the door will deposit her in the passenger seat!

are you lonely archie?

anyway. even though i'm wrong. i say four seater and all wheel drive!

------------------
Malacite

Grendel-88 Fiero RIP
'94 Saturn SW2 RallySport
'95 Saturn SL1 Touring

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

OK, heading out to the show now......can't wait to get back online tonight to see what you all think of this one.

Thanks

Archie

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
There are still 2 more "secret things"!!!

WHAT ARE THEY???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

XDrewX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XDrewXSend a Private Message to XDrewXDirect Link to This Post
Hey where are the seat belts.... I dont see the part you connect to that is against the center console.

I never would even have picked up on this, but after getting two tickets for not wearing a seat belt.........it tends to remind you to buckle up.

Peace
DAP

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
OMG!!!

Sweet! Awsome work Archie... so what are the other 2 items? (is one the intake on the LT1 being the other direction?)

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I think I am going to send my car to you, and start sending you my paychecks. I will pick it up in a year. That car is amazing.

------------------

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I have to participate in this record topic. That car is awesome! Love the yellow and the interior.trunk carpet. But those wrong opening doors?? I would have kept them the right way. Just my taste

------------------
Alex4mula
:) Red-Original Owner & Yellow AP-1/94 with PM (:

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
i Have to pick my chin off the ground

thats nuts archie you have to show/tell us the other 2 tho

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........That is one bad ASS lookin car Archie i like them doors

the next thing he will show us is the hydro's

------------------

17 year old with a rally car, full roll cage, skid plates, light bars, scs suspension, koni adjusters

[This message has been edited by 85 gt fiero (edited 01-31-2002).]

Draven81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Draven81Send a Private Message to Draven81Direct Link to This Post
the first picture of the drivers side, is that a MANUAL opener I see up by the mirror?
PFF
System Bot
85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
It almost looks like it had dual power mirrors.
helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Direct Link to This Post
I wonder if there is some specific reason the intake pipe is pointed to the rear of the car instead of towards the front? It would seem like the filter would be sucking in a bunch of hot air being right above most of the exhaust system....maybe I'm missing something though.

------------------

XDrewX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XDrewXSend a Private Message to XDrewXDirect Link to This Post
O.K. Archie, since I caught the suicide doors first...

Please answer the following questions:

How much to do my car with suicide doors?
(I know you probably dont have a number yet, but had to ask !!)
Will it matter, that I will be retaining the stock glass. (I know your car has lexan, and is lighter).

What happened to putting in your dash..I was looking forward to seeing how it looks in a real car.

What are the other two "secrets"?

Peace
DAP

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Very Cool Archie!!!
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice.

There's always one person in the industry that will take it to the next level.

Archie seems to be that guy.

------------------
3" Drop, 17" Primax 618s/Nitto450 205/40, 4" Monza exhaust, Mudstain decklid scoop, 7" wing stands, Clear front and rear lights, custom interior, all options...that's all hehe.

Screwie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScrewieSend a Private Message to ScrewieDirect Link to This Post
WOW
gangrenefiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gangrenefieroClick Here to visit gangrenefiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to gangrenefieroDirect Link to This Post
well if the air filter is going to the rear of the car like that, that means there is a huge void in where the whole air intake and canister would usually go. So does the LT1 take up that space for the trans or the motor or is there something else there like Nitrous? or maybe thats down in the trunk?
I dont know, but i wish he didnt leave without telling the other 2 secrets

------------------

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
NICE BRAKES !!!! ...oh wait ..Nice doors!! hee hee
truely a great enginering feat! I want prices!!!
Hey it would be neat if someone had a video of the reactions of the people looking at it at the show!!!
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
So.... If I was the 1st one to guess that there would be suicide doors on the stinger, does that mean that i'm the 1st one on the list to try a marketable "do it yourself" kit from archie???? Go back and check, and you'll see that i'm the 1st to mention suicide doors... DO I WIN A PRIZE!!!!!

Sorry, don't mean to brag but its frikken awsome!!!

------------------
1986 GT 4spd> Suspension Techniques Springs, Poly Bushings, Bosal Brospeed 4.5" Exhaust Tips, Cross Drilled Rotors

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful!

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

PFF
System Bot
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
I bet it has roll down back glass.

and Archie, what gives with the pic that makes it look like lambo doors? just messing with us huh?

Fiero_24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_24Send a Private Message to Fiero_24Direct Link to This Post
Arcie, thank goodness you finally showed the doors. I have been keeping that secret for a long time since I was at your shop. Are you going to offer that as a package like the chop top?

------------------

New High performace
2.8 and lots of new parts.
http://www.geocities.com/fiero_24
1987 GT

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
Ain't that Sun'kin.
Just how hard is them there backards doors to put on?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
SHWING!!! OMG!!! That has got to be one of the absolutely coolest Fiero mods I have ever seen.

Archie--You wanna adopt me?

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Archie,

You've really outdone yourself this time. That is one beautiful and amazing car. I can't wait to see it(hear it, feel it, etc.)in Daytona.

------------------
Roy :D
Just another stock Blue 87 GT
Suncoast Fieros

JUST ADDED: YELLOW 1988 GT w/ T-Tops, 5-Speed, and Performance Sound.

AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
I.... I.... I have no words.

If one can be moved emotionally by a few pieces of metal and some paint... I just was. *sigh*

Have we hit a PFF record for the number of replies?

I ALSO would like to know if the suicide doors would be sold as a package... If not, how about a how-to??

------------------

'85 SE 3800SC 5 Spd
I WANT A FASTBACK!!!

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AgaricX:
Have we hit a PFF record for the number of replies?

Nope... the "Harry Potter must go" thread ran for 24 pages in Off-Topic. This is probably a record for actual "fiero-related" threads And it's obviously not dead yet!

GOLDSE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOLDSESend a Private Message to GOLDSEDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely gorgeous! Archie, we can't wait for you to get back from the show to see more pics.

Since I don't have a coupe, can someone tell me if that little lip belongs below the rear facia where the exhaust is poking through.

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Frikkin' Amazing!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock