Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LT1 Stinger going together (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
LT1 Stinger going together by Archie
Started on: 01-09-2002 10:50 PM
Replies: 1108
Last post by: Archie on 12-16-2004 09:29 PM
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroLT1:
I for one would like to know how exactly is that intake working backwards in terms of the throttle cable and such. I assume you'll have it breathing fresh air thru the factory air scoop right? I've been thinking of doing this to mine for quite some time now. I see you beat me to it!
Also, the goose neck on the water pump seems to be pointing the wrong way. Is that part of the new mods too?

Hmmmm... I suppose switching the direction of the air intake would leave a lot more space for "plumbing" of some sort (ie: Turbo, SC, etc...) We may be getting closer to something here. Archie- keep 'em coming!

BTW: Archie- did you get my last e-mail and/or PM abou the display? I sent to to both.

IP: Logged
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
hmmm... i hink archie shoulddo this to this car. i think that there should be a button on the shifter and when you press it, a valve in the exhaust should open completely bypassinf the catalytic converters and mufflers and go strait out for a much louder sound, and when you press the button again the valv would close off and it would become quiet again. The late 60's early 70's GTO's had this as an option
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, for $20 you can buy a Y-Pipe cutout from JCWhitney and have anyone with a welder splice it into the exhaust route... simple & cheap. It's controlled by a "butterfly" connected via a cable to a pull-handle

Damn, that'd be so loud!

4BanGinFun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
i want one!!!

that a ramjet 350 arch??? just that intake looks like one

anyways looking very SEXY!!!!

------------------
[URL=http://www.angelfire.com/super/camaro0/

[/URL]

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I believe the exhaust bypass was for flow, not just for sound...

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Archie
Just to give you an idea what a yellow notch back looks like at a World of Wheels show

------------------------------
Some lead and others follow.
Have to say - yours is looking good (for a V8)

[This message has been edited by Phil (edited 01-17-2002).]

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post
PLEEEAAAAAAAASE bring that car to WOW in Winnipeg! PRETTY PLEASE!!! I'm hoping to get my car in it for the 2003 show.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

LT1 Coming Soon.....

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't it be easier for you to bring yourself from Winnipeg to Chicago rather than for Archie to bring his car from Chicago to Winnipeg?
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Down on page 2? Never!

Bump!

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
Down on page 2? Never!

Bump!

lol

Leadfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeadfootSend a Private Message to LeadfootDirect Link to This Post
Oh do I need a "car stand" like that. That just rocks!

Originally posted by Tina:

Oops! grammar.

[This message has been edited by Leadfoot (edited 01-18-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:
Wouldn't it be easier for you to bring yourself from Winnipeg to Chicago rather than for Archie to bring his car from Chicago to Winnipeg?

Yes, but then all of the other Fiero loving folks up here wouldn't get a chance to see the magnificant creature Archie is creating.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

LT1 Coming Soon.....

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sweet Jesus do Ya Love Me?!?!?! this is gonna pass the FieroLisa post. Looking good. im still thinking turbo.
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure Archie will agree with me- These 3 day shows away from home tend to get rather pricey with hotels, meals and the like, very easy to hit the $500+ mark. Just an example I went to the Boston WOW show-
$50- entry
$81/night- hotel
$12/day- parking(exibitors had to pay for parking their regular car)
$50/day- Food for the wife and me (concession and resturants)
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Archie
Just to give you an idea what a yellow notch back looks like at a World of Wheels show.

Man, Phil, warn us to put our sunglasses on before posting pics like that!

Looks like your two cars are almost the same shade of yellow? Archie, what shade are you using, or is that a trade secret?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Looks like your two cars are almost the same shade of yellow? Archie, what shade are you using, or is that a trade secret?

I think Phil's car is a Vette Yellow, mine is Ferrari Yellow.

Even though Phil appears to be the 1st. person to ever show a Yellow Fiero, I can tell you for sure he won't be the last.

The only similarity between Phil's car and mine is that they are both coupes and they are both Yellow. I can assure you that I didn't choose Yellow just because Phil had Yellow and I can assure you that when they are sitting near each other at a show you will not mistake one for the other.

Archie

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
The only similarity between Phil's car and mine is that they are both coupes and they are both Yellow. I can assure you that I didn't choose Yellow just because Phil had Yellow and I can assure you that when they are sitting near each other at a show you will not mistake one for the other.

but we'll be drooling on both

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
That's right Archie - yours will be the squashed down one. See ya at Daytona.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm.... methinks Archie is avoiding questions pertaining to the re-directed intake and the possibility of a S/C or Turbo... That's OK with me!

Archie- I know you're busy, and I don't like to be a pest, but I was wondering if you recieved my e-mail about the display-thing..?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

That's right Archie - yours will be the squashed down one. See ya at Daytona.

hehe yeah, mine will look like the Jolly Green Giant stepped on the roof.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Archie- I know you're busy, and I don't like to be a pest, but I was wondering if you recieved my e-mail about the display-thing..?

Yeah, I saw it..... to be honest it requires way too much reading on my part... we need to talk on the phone to figure out what we need.

BTW, I'm glad that I thought to set the intake manifold on there backward to see if anyone was paying attention. & You'll notice that it took an LT1 owner to notice it.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Hmmm.... methinks Archie is avoiding questions pertaining to the re-directed intake and the possibility of a S/C or Turbo... That's OK with me!

heh heh, he still did!

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Did the name "Rumble Bee" come up for a name???
Archie I might have too not log on anymore....I CAN"T TAKE IT !! Give 1 little secret!!! P-P-P-P-PLEASE!!!!

Don't let my neighbor see that pretty car...He wants me to paint my 88 in yellow....hummm may re-think that.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

BTW, I'm glad that I thought to set the intake manifold on there backward to see if anyone was paying attention. & You'll notice that it took an LT1 owner to notice it.

I think even this may be a distractionary tactic! But as I said before... that's OK with me- 'cause that means something awsome is in the works!

LT1 Chop Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT1 Chop TopSend a Private Message to LT1 Chop TopDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I saw it..... to be honest it requires way too much reading on my part... we need to talk on the phone to figure out what we need.

Archie

I noticed!!!

------------------

Home Page w/ Vids : http://ucsub.colorado.edu/%7Epattons/Home15.html

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
I know the answer to this one.

*running, ducking...*

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i thought i could see the air filter ducted to the intake already. unless thats temporary (or i'm seeing it wrong) that rules out a turbo. dosen't it?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2002 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
1 week 6 days to go.

I took a bunch of pics today to show you all..... then I left the stupid camera and case at the shop.

Today we continued with the engine connections, hooking up the cooling system and some of the electrical system.

Also put together the new Mr. Mike's sport seats. Mr. Mike is releasing a NEW style of Fiero seat and we are putting the FIRST set into this car. I'll post some pics. and tell you all about it tomorrow.

Looks like we are going to complete the car in time to make the show just fine. As it goes right now, I'll be installing the windows tomorrow, we will fire the engine up for the 1st time Monday. Then after sompleting the body assembly and interior wiring we hope to test drive the car by Wednesday. Then we will have a week left to assemble all the details and interior.

Edited because Archie can't spell tonight and because I do have one pic of the seats.... a before and after pic.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-18-2002).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2002 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like it is coming together nicely. I love the seat!

------------------

James Essar
Co-Founder of NEO Fiero Club!
Stock 4, Wanna Race?

Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2002 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post
How much do you think you will have wrapped up into this project when finished and ready to show?
Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2002 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaDirect Link to This Post
Back to page 1
PFF
System Bot
Dumba$$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2002 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dumba$$Send a Private Message to Dumba$$Direct Link to This Post
more pics., more pics.

------------------
Rich
Sioux Falls SD
Gold 86 SE
98 acura cl 3.0
92 BMW 325i

I drive excitment!!!!
whell, kind of.

raph130

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2002 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raph130Send a Private Message to raph130Direct Link to This Post
WOW so many nice fieros!! I like the yellow! Nice girl...hehe =)
raph130

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2002 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raph130Send a Private Message to raph130Direct Link to This Post

raph130

153 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Where can i get a black fiero seat like that? Thats very cool.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2002 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2002 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by raph130:
Where can i get a black fiero seat like that? Thats very cool.

www.mrmikes.com

He makes excellent leather seats for Fiero's!

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaDirect Link to This Post
to the top
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Archie, you never stop amazing me! Im saving up for my chop so you gotta continue doing these for at least another year
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Keep 'em coming archie!
RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock