Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LT1 Stinger going together (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
LT1 Stinger going together by Archie
Started on: 01-09-2002 10:50 PM
Replies: 1108
Last post by: Archie on 12-16-2004 09:29 PM
JayLT1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayLT1Send a Private Message to JayLT1Direct Link to This Post
200 post on this topic and i got it but n-e ways keep the pics coming archie they look absolutly bad a$$
J

------------------
86 Black GT (95LT1 on the way)

IP: Logged
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Archie, front wheels and tires are in, mounted and balanced, packed up and ready to go. I'll call to make delivery arrangements as soon as the rears come in.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
Archie, front wheels and tires are in, mounted and balanced, packed up and ready to go. I'll call to make delivery arrangements as soon as the rears come in.

Cool, this is good...... I only have 10 days left.

Can you post a picture of one of them?

Archie

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
I could, but there's not much to see, they're packaged up.

Maybe I can open one...

I'll try to get back out there in a bit...

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
10 days to go......

Well kids, we got a lot done today, but we didn't get to fire the engine. We will boot that sucker up tomorrow. Most of the stuff we got done is hard to see in pictures. I did get the side windows mounted... note the flaws you see in the side window are from the plastic covering that is on it.

We got the front campartment pretty well finished up.

We trial fitted a set of "loaner" wheels on the car today.... they might look ok in yellow, but I think the wheels I ordered from TRiAD will look better.

Archie

PS, sorry about the quality of the pictures tonight..... not much to take pics of today. They'll be better tomorrow because we are gonna be setting it on the floor then.

------------------
Just how fast do you want to go?

72vinman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 72vinmanSend a Private Message to 72vinmanDirect Link to This Post
Archie, why must you torment me. Lets see more Please.

Is it just me or does the steering column look like it is in the middle of the windshield. That wouldnt happen to be a 1 seater, would it???

------------------

CFOG-I GTA Fiero Club

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Nay to the one seater. Look at the front compartment, everything still in the same place... (clutch cyl, brake booster) Had me for a sec too..
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Maybe its just the way the window has been tilted back, but Im with the group that says "suicide doors" cause something just don't look right with the last set of pics. It just looks like it wants to open from the front.

And yea, i thought something looked odd with that steering wheel to, but it could just be the angle.

Rob

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2002 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Please note that in all the pics. we've seen so far, the door panels are not fastened and are just hanging on the car and the front fenders have yet to be attached down at the bottoms. So please understand that the fit of those panels will be much better when it's finished.

Did anyone notice the Air Bag coming out of the steering wheel?

Got an EMail from Mr. Mike today and he has shipped the balance of the interior parts, to arrive here by Friday. I can't wait.

Archie

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
O.K. I am going to make a guess, on what one of the "never before done" features might be. I am thinking Lamborghini style doors. Why else would you have to lower the window to open it? Or am I reading that wrong?

------------------

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Anyone notice that you can't really get a good look at the interior in any picture except when it has none? I think that big plastic bag inside the car is covering something up.

------------------
Matt D
1984 Indy Fiero (auto)
1985 2m4 4T60, DIS V6 3.1 to be turbocharged

PFF
System Bot
Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
I think the big plastic bag was covering something else up and was just stuffed into the car for storage. It just looks too "balled" up to be covering a whole lot, I know when I get done painting something or uncovering something the best and fastest place to throw the plastic is in the car. Specially if it dosen't have an interior to ruin.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Could this be one of the "three secret things?"

GREAT SCOTT!!!

Can the Fiero electricals handle 1.21 gigawatts??

------------------
Timothy E. Smith
1986 SE V6
1984 Coupe
1996 Ford Probe GT
1999 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
1975 Chevrolet ElCamino SS

JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
Could the secrete be a retractable rear power window? I always wanted to do that.
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post

new?

------------------
Matt D
1984 Indy Fiero (auto)
1985 2m4 4T60, DIS V6 3.1 to be turbocharged

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Did anyone notice the Air Bag coming out of the steering wheel?

I noticed that. Though I thought it was a side-impact air bag

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Why do you have a wind deflector in the front compartment if the car has no sunroof?

??????????????????????????????????????????????

------------------
Timothy E. Smith
1986 SE V6
1984 Coupe
1996 Ford Probe GT
1999 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
1975 Chevrolet ElCamino SS

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2002 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:
Why do you have a wind deflector in the front compartment if the car has no sunroof?

Ahh HAH! Secret weapon No 2!

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
HMMM... hey Archie, where is the door handle/keyhole for the door? Looks like it was filled in. Are the doors motorized?

I just looked back to page 1 and all the door skin photo's show the door handle holes missing.

The steering wheel looks funny because the dash isn't in the car.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-22-2002).]

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:
HMMM... hey Archie, where is the door handle/keyhole for the door? Looks like it was filled in. Are the doors motorized?

I just looked back to page 1 and all the door skin photo's show the door handle holes missing.

In his first post he stated that the door handles are shaved and they pop open when you open them with a remote control.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

LT1 Conversion has begun......

Master_Sushi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master_SushiSend a Private Message to Master_SushiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Thats what I have been wondering since some of the earlier pics.

Removeable roof maybe? Or a convertable?

hmmm....

PFF
System Bot
CanadianGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CanadianGTSend a Private Message to CanadianGTDirect Link to This Post
Please oh Please Let it be Lambo doors!
Hey Archie, have you ever thought of making a kit for lambo doors?
sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CanadianGT:
Please oh Please Let it be Lambo doors!
Hey Archie, have you ever thought of making a kit for lambo doors?

Yeah I was thinking that it might be lambo doors, but they are REALLY hard to do I hear, so I'm not sure even the great Archie could pull that one off. Then again, he IS Archie......

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

LT1 Conversion has begun......

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Archie i believe one of the three secrets are in the engine compartment, one having something to do with the tranny, don't know what it is but would i be on the right path????
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
i dont think archie has done anything unique to this car. its just a plain jane choptop lt1 like the blue chop top but its a notchback. i think he created this post so he could use other peoples ideas. yeah thats it.

cant wait til the WOW show.

------------------
JOEJOE Aol:SSFiero
Two 88FORMULAS Red & Yellow
SSFiero@Aol.com

Dan R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RClick Here to visit Dan R's HomePageSend a Private Message to Dan RDirect Link to This Post
What about a Tiptronic shifter(I don't know if thats houw you spell it but it would still be cool)? That would definately be unique!!
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
nuts to lambo(scissor style) doors, i want gull wing doors! the hrdest thing about them would be you'd have to make a window frame
Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2002 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

The steering wheel looks funny because the dash isn't in the car.

Door handle holes?? The door handles on all Fiero's are part of the black trim/molding running horizontal with the car through the doors. You can see the lock and where the door handles fasten. Maybe I'm missing something here but I don't believe anything to be "filled" in.. All looks normal with the door panels and where the door handles with be mounted upon being finished.

Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hairy_Fiero:
Maybe I'm missing something here but I don't believe anything to be "filled" in.. All looks normal with the door panels and where the door handles with be mounted upon being finished.

If you look at the door handle "location" you'll notice that the recession for your fingers to get behind the handle is now gone. That is what has been filled.

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Edited for Archie. Mums the word!

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 01-23-2002).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Not sure it helps any but I have the same "wind deflector" sun roof thing on my car, I got one off a car in the Jyard, because I like the way the thing covers up all the stuff in the front of the car. Maybe he just put it on to cover up the same mess.

Rob

PFF
System Bot
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
A few more pics from today.....of course there are still some pcs. yet to be installed, but we are working on it.

UUHHHH......Did anyone notice in front of the door it seems to be photoshopped (painted black over that area). We definately have something going on with the doors besides the shaved handles. I say they will be suicided.........they got to be.

------------------
3" Drop, 17" Primax 618s/Nitto450 205/40, 4" Monza exhaust, Mudstain decklid scoop, 7" wing stands, Clear front and rear lights, custom interior, all options...that's all hehe.

Shaft

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaftSend a Private Message to ShaftDirect Link to This Post
6 Speed????
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I say the slot on the door is where the mirrors go, not suicide door handles.
Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:
I say the slot on the door is where the mirrors go, not suicide door handles.

Thats been covered already, more than once i think.

I agree with the speculation (forgot who just said it) about the hinges... something is going on behind that big black smudge i bet I doubt its suicide doors, there wouldn't be much to hide behind photoshop anyway, the hinges would already be gone, however some scissor hinges could be hidden. I still don't believe anyone has so much freetime that they would get scissor doors working on a fiero though....but maybe archie does? Gotta be so explanation to the photoshop area

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My7Fieros:
[b]WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!! NOW I REMEMBER!!! Archie, you had just started that car when I was at your shop, and you told me about it. (hush hush )
[/B]

You were sworn to silence..... now I'll have to kill you.

Wait a minute..... you're in law enforcement aren't you?...... nevermind, I didn't say that.

Thanks

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-23-2002).]

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
looking good arch

i think the scissor doors would be cool same with gulwing doors always wondered what a fiero would be like with gul or scissor doors???

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
ARCHIE:

You won't believe it...I didn't. They're HERE. Everything's ready to go.

I can deliver Thursday late afternoon.

I apologize I can't deliver tomorrow, but I have other engagements.

Call me, shoot me an email or PM to go over the details.

Thanks again...can't wait to see it!

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm I'd say suicide doors. Don't think it's like the Lambos. Previous pages show that the door seems to be TOO close to that front fender to swing upwards.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2002 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
ARCHIE:

You won't believe it...I didn't. They're HERE. Everything's ready to go.

I can deliver Thursday late afternoon.

I apologize I can't deliver tomorrow, but I have other engagements.

Call me, shoot me an email or PM to go over the details.

Thanks again...can't wait to see it!

Great to hear, I can't wait to get them on the car. Things are coming together. Mr. Mike has shipped the interior to arrive Thursday or Friday, PaulV will be over tomorrow to help with one of his new headliners, we will have the car on the floor for test driving befopre Friday & now we have the wheels on the way.

I love it when a plan comes together.

You have a PM.

Archie

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock