Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LT1 Stinger going together (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
LT1 Stinger going together by Archie
Started on: 01-09-2002 10:50 PM
Replies: 1108
Last post by: Archie on 12-16-2004 09:29 PM
85 gt fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:
superbird. you never know. you may see that one day.

i wasnt born yet but i do believe the Daytonas had the tall wings on them too

------------------

17 year old with a rally car, full roll cage, skid plates, light bars, scs suspension, koni adjusters

IP: Logged
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i meant on a fiero.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
My 3 guesses (minus some details...) and reasons are as follows:

1) LT1 has some "special" plumbing (Turbo or S/C possible). Why? The intake is opposite of a regular LT1- and the photo of the engine & cradle has the words "blocking" the area directly in line with the intake.

2) Scissor or Suicide doors- Why? The "spy photo" that archie allowed us to see, the photoshopped black area in one of the earlier photos, and the absense of normal door handles in the (awsome) Mr.Mike's interior.

3) Tranny- Why? I thought someone had mentioned a "special" type of tranny earlier (but I won't say what 'cause I think it was edited out to protect the integrity of the project).

So that's where I'm placing my bet! Keep up the awsome work Archie!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 01-31-2002).]

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85 gt fiero:
i wasnt born yet but i do believe the Daytonas had the tall wings on them too

both the charger--daytona and the plymouth superbird had the wing the bird was the better car tho

------------------
see my toys click here

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Opps wrong pic lol, Im an idiot but yeah I ment the other one, and Archie, was that a shake? And what about fries?

Also I am really thinking scissor doors too

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
6 speed trans, split rear deck (MR2) and Lambo doors. All new to the Fiero. Thats my call

Rob

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
I am getting tired of checking this every day. How long do we have until it it unveiled?
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
BAH!!!
I never tire of this thread. All day at work I think "Oh I can't wait to get home and see the next photos in the lineup!!"

I love this show us a few pics at a time bit. IT makes it all that much more interesting.
You have to admit if Archie just showed us the final pics it would loose ALOT of the excitement. I love the build up!!!!
Keep it up archie!! And sell me the car when you finish

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm anyone now how far the WOW show is from Toronto (hrs/km)? I gotta see the LT1 Stinger up close! Frankenmuth show seems a little far away right now. hehehe

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:
Hmmm anyone now how far the WOW show is from Toronto (hrs/km)? I gotta see the LT1 Stinger up close! Frankenmuth show seems a little far away right now. hehehe

10 hrs. @ 80+MPH.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
ANyone have pics of what an MR2 rear decklid looks like? I don't really take my time to stare at em as they drive by.. I actually try to not look at all.. "opps, no I didn't see it"
PFF
System Bot
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Okay, i've checked like ten times today. I need my daily fix of update shots on this beast

------------------
Kills:
97 Neon R/T

AIM: phool88fiero

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Plastic Car

Reality

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
I know Triad brought it up, but Archie are you going to leave the molding yellow or paint it black?
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
LMAO! Archie, you're a riot! That plastic draped over the back like that almost suggests a "hatchback" look. I know you said the back glass was going to be a 3 piece, but that's just what the pic made me think of.

That car is a masterpiece! Can hardly wait to see the finished product. You are truly a "car artist", hats off to you. It's guys like you that keep the youngsters inspired to make their ride special, better, unique, keep up the great work!

Yep...I've been stung.

------------------
Have a good one!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:
Archie,
Your fairly tall, does your head hit the headliner? Just curious. The car is drop dead gorgeous.

Sorry it took so long to answer this but I wanted to get a couple pics to show with the answer.

You remember Archie has a bit of a flat head, so there should be no clearance problem.

I am 6'1" and a bit wide, and I fit in this chop top pretty well. I seem to have a lot more room than in my Blue car. On the blue car, I had lowered the drivers seat a little and the bottom cushion had 1/2" of foam removed when it was recovered also that car was a sunroof car. On this car we took the ribs out of the floorpan and flattened out the seat rails but did not remove foam from the seat bottom cushion.

Upon trial fitting, with these mods, I can set in the car without "slouching" and my head doesn't touch. I'll show you more pics of the seating as soon as we get done installing the interior.

Archie

To answer some other Q's.

No, it will not be for sale for quite some time at least 'til I have the time to build a better one with more stuff on it.

The trim and rockers will be Yellow (what else).

Don't even think about a double decklid aka MR2..... Like every other Fiero owner, I don't like MR2's

I will be posting several pics of the finished car before we leave Thursday morning to take the car to the show for setup. Tomorrow and Wednesday will be days that move the assembly forward very quickly. I expect that I'll be posting up pictures several times a day to keep you on top of the final assembly.

So pay attention the next couple of days.

I have some more stuff to post up yet tonite If I have time.

Archie

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I thought I'd show you the exhaust system on this car.

You can put an exhaust system on your V-8 Fiero without violating the trunk area but on this car I wanted to make it real real real quiet. So we are using dual 2" exhaust with some special mufflers we just found and dual cats and dual resonator tips. If you take about 8" out of the bottom of the trunk area you can get this type of exhaust system in the car just fine. I took the following pics of the finished exhaust before we painted it so you could see it better.

Don't tell me about exhaust restriction, this car will make plenty of power even with a little restriction.

Archie

fix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fixClick Here to visit fix's HomePageSend a Private Message to fixDirect Link to This Post
damn, i was hoping to see a Powerdyne supercharger squeezed in where the AC compressor normally is, but i'm not seeing it. Hopefully there is a supercharger or turbo hidden somewhere in there. But anyway, the car is looking great Archie. Keep it up
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Archie, what kind of mufflers are those? They look very similar to regular cherry bombs.
Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post

ANyone have pics of what an MR2 rear decklid looks like? I don't really take my time to stare at em as they drive by.. I actually try to not look at all.. "opps, no I didn't see it"

http://www.mr2faq.com

[This message has been edited by Jaei Sun (edited 04-23-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jaei Sun:

Yuch.......OH MY EYES, MY EYES...... I can't seeeeee...... I'm going blind..... I'm melting, I'm melting

PFF
System Bot
Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post01-29-2002 01:04 AM   Send a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
could you imagine how much trouble it'd be to work around that trunk?

------------------
Ray - Fierosite.com - The Donut Man!

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Yuch.......OH MY EYES, MY EYES...... I can't seeeeee...... I'm going blind..... I'm melting, I'm melting

LMAO! Those wreched piles! I bought the anti-MR2 decal that has a dog peeing on an MR2 logo from fropuff on PFA! Gonna display that proudly on my rear window. Thanks to your kit too Archie, I won't be losing to any turbo MR2's anymore!

And the Stinger LT1 is looking amazing, this will be one more plea for you to bring that beauty up north. PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSEEEE! No? Oh poo . Oh well, can't always get what you want.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

400HP LT1 Conversion has begun......

[This message has been edited by sloth85GT (edited 01-29-2002).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sloth85GT:
Thanks to your kit too Archie, I won't be losing to any turbo MR2's anymore!

Sloth.. I love your car!! If I may ask.. and excuse me Archie for not asking you.. But, What was your FINAL cost off the TRANSFORMATION OF A BREAST!!??? Steve

------------------

www.thefibersmith.com
Technical Support (903) 825-7744
"Smoooooth GT"
Shaved door handles, sidetrim, Custom-Double-side scoop's, sail scoop's, Custom 'VENTED' hood, Rustang decklid scoop, BMW Z~3 vent's, Ferrari~308 headlight cover's, Custom RE-designed Fender's, Custom made-front and rear fascia's...

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Smoooooth GT

8823 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by sloth85GT:
Thanks to your kit too Archie, I won't be losing to any turbo MR2's anymore!

Sloth.. I love your car!! If I may ask.. and excuse me Archie for not asking you.. But, What was your FINAL cost off the TRANSFORMATION OF A BREAST!!??? Steve

------------------

www.thefibersmith.com
Technical Support (903) 825-7744
"Smoooooth GT"
Shaved door handles, sidetrim, Custom-Double-side scoop's, sail scoop's, Custom 'VENTED' hood, Rustang decklid scoop, BMW Z~3 vent's, Ferrari~308 headlight cover's, Custom RE-designed Fender's, Custom made-front and rear fascia's...

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Archie... you just made my day, maybe week maybe month

I'm 6' 2", so there's a chance I could fit in a ChopTop!!!

I've never sat in one, always simply discounted it because I have ~1" of clearance in the T-top car now.

BUT! With the seat mods... and the x-frame allowing an even lower indented 'floorpan' level, I've been renewed!

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Ok, yeah that was worth the wait.

So anyone want to guess with me what this is?

I am thinking that it is a coolant tube. Any other ideas?

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 01-29-2002).]

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a chromed anti-sway bar from the location.
Gerald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeraldSend a Private Message to GeraldDirect Link to This Post
I want soooooooooooooo bad. How much to make my coupe look like that. I dont need a v8. A twin cam 3.4 would do just fine with a turbo. Throw me a price. I can rob a bank.
mindscape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mindscapeSend a Private Message to mindscapeDirect Link to This Post
What is the deal with the steel-cable and the pulleys?
speed1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Direct Link to This Post
The cables and pulleys are part of the 4-post lift that the car is up on.
PFF
System Bot
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, thats great, now you can get in the car and not have your hair messed up by the headliner, now.... can you see over the dash? or will you be looking at the roof of the car in front of you watching to see if the roof is slowing down... you get the idea.
This is just another sacrifice you have to make in the name of style
Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see that car at the Carlisle show.

------------------
Matt D
1984 Indy Fiero (auto)
1985 2m4 4T60, DIS V6 3.1 to be turbocharged

BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKERDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

All I've got to say, even as a loyal 3800 fan, .............. WOW!!!

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
archie,
Please take some pics at the show,of the show winner(yours) and some of the "other" cars,just so we can get a feel for the whole show as well.

So is that a stil or an exhaust??ha ha love it!

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:
can you see over the dash? or will you be looking at the roof of the car in front of you watching to see if the roof is slowing down... you get the idea.
This is just another sacrifice you have to make in the name of style
Don't forget the car is so low, you're not looking at other cars' roofs, you're looking up at their bumpers. You could be sitting at a drive-thru all day cause they wouldn't know you're there!

GOLDSE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOLDSESend a Private Message to GOLDSEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

LMAO!! Smooth, it was late when you typed this. But, I'd have to say to find a good plastic surgeon. HA!

Great looking car Archie. Can't wait to see the final pics later this week when the secrets are revealed.

85GToronto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTorontoSend a Private Message to 85GTorontoDirect Link to This Post
Re: dual deck lids

I always thought the Fiero shop manuals TOLD you to stand in the truck to work on the motor! lol

Who hasn't done THAT before?????

Looks awesome Archie!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:
Looks like a chromed anti-sway bar from the location.

I was thinking that too, but the brackets sure don't look stout enough to support a sway bar. I'm thinking coolant or heater line. But then, again, there's something zip-tied to it.

BTW... On the door panels. I don't think the window size has anything to do with the special features. That hole in the door panel is for the metal backing for the armrest. (Is that what you were thinking?)

Looking good, Arch!

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85GToronto:
Re: dual deck lids

I always thought the Fiero shop manuals TOLD you to stand in the truck to work on the motor! lol

Who hasn't done THAT before?????

Looks awesome Archie!

I can't. My feet are too big! Besides, I'm 6'-3", so I have no trouble getting to the motor.

Archie, do you need someone to do some "tall guy" testing for ya??? Would need the car for a year or so to get good data...

------------------
Timothy E. Smith
1986 SE V6
1984 Coupe
1996 Ford Probe GT
1999 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
1975 Chevrolet ElCamino SS

RedHaze86SD4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RedHaze86SD4Send a Private Message to RedHaze86SD4Direct Link to This Post
6'4" and I still climb on in the back its just comfy that way LOL

Very nice project Archie... Very nice...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock