Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LT1 Stinger going together (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
LT1 Stinger going together by Archie
Started on: 01-09-2002 10:50 PM
Replies: 1108
Last post by: Archie on 12-16-2004 09:29 PM
Lady Pegasus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady PegasusSend a Private Message to Lady PegasusDirect Link to This Post
Archie...those pink ladies ain't got nuffin on us. I'm sure something can be worked out. Maybe hot pants like the Hooter girls wear, with like "V8 ARCHIE" across the butt or something....and sleeveless t-shirts with an air-brushed Fiero on it. (rubs hands together) Yes....IGOR! To the chamber!

------------------

Hey pretty....don't you wanna take a ride with me...through my world?

IP: Logged
Lady Pegasus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady PegasusSend a Private Message to Lady PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Lady Pegasus

1416 posts
Member since Jul 2001
By the way....WOO-HOO!! I made it to the top of a new page. Sorry, small glory moment for myself. I'm composed now.
cardealer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cardealerSend a Private Message to cardealerDirect Link to This Post
car is looking great! now get off the computer and get back to work on it !
BIG thanks for the flexplate adaptor swap, got her all put back togather on sunday.
ehanks again !
tony
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Coming along great Archie! Wow!!!

Notice the drop spindles look to be the same as mine. Figured your brake kit would bolt up ok but wasn't sure about clearances. Please let me know how that part of the buildup goes.

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Archie... Tell me you planning on bring that beast to Daytona this year... PLEASE!

------------------
Roy :D
Just another stock Blue 87 GT
Suncoast Fieros

JUST ADDED: YELLOW 1988 GT w/ T-Tops, 5-Speed, and Performance Sound.

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
Could there possibly be SUICIDE doors???

hhhhmmmmm... can't wait to see it completed!

[This message has been edited by The Aura (edited 01-16-2002).]

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Just hold on a minute, what's that leaning against the wall?

And that panel in the lower right hand corner of the pic?

Just trying to do my part to get to the bottom of the " 3 secrets" thing

Tina

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
The piece in the last pic is the hood, look close. Its the drivers side headlight door opening thingy

And the one leaning agianst the wall, looks like a door skin....But not sure on that one.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Loki (edited 01-16-2002).]

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious to know what the driver side air intake vent will look like. Haven't seen that shot of the car yet. Along with the hood. Wonder if the Warber hood is in the works or something new. As well as everyone else front and rear fascias. Perhaps 1 Oval center exhaust tip? And that front bumper from that foreign IFF russian company maybe at least definatly the interior from it.. Pirana or whatever it was called. I don't see how it can be all wheel drive. Gas tank is still in the way, along with the front brake setup. So what else??

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 01-16-2002).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I'd like to see some big bad fat tires on that little yellow Stinger missile.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
We're all on the edge of our seats waiting for the next secret/mod.
PFF
System Bot
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
I WANT! sorry I love it!

Scott

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Here I was thinking Archie was going to install antilock brakes on it, but the calipers don't look like they're ABS-capable.

Although, he has yet to show the calipers that are actually going to go on the car... hmmm...

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Well, by looking at the master cylinder, looks like there is no ABS, I don't see any ABS unit. One idea down the tubes. Any others out there have an idea on what his three SECRET mods are? Hmmmmmmmmmm

FieroFanaticus2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
Might have been mentioned in this thread but I've just been skimming through..... anybody else notice where the door handle is?? Hmmm...
Posthumane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PosthumaneClick Here to visit Posthumane's HomePageSend a Private Message to PosthumaneDirect Link to This Post
Loki, that hole in the panel in the last pic looks a bit big for a headlight. I think it's something else. BTW lady pegasus, I love that song in your sig (drive-by remix).
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanaticus2:
Might have been mentioned in this thread but I've just been skimming through..... anybody else notice where the door handle is?? Hmmm...

I seemed to have noticed that too.......we found out one of the secrets!! haha!

------------------
3" Drop, 17" Primax 618s/Nitto450 205/40, 4" Monza exhaust, Mudstain decklid scoop, 7" wing stands, Clear front and rear lights, custom interior, all options...that's all hehe.

Posthumane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PosthumaneClick Here to visit Posthumane's HomePageSend a Private Message to PosthumaneDirect Link to This Post
If your referring to the hole in the front of the door, isn't that the mirror mount? unless I'm not seeing something...
helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLAMMED87GT:
I seemed to have noticed that too.......we found out one of the secrets!! haha!

Humm..while I don't see anything where the normal door handle goes, I think the hole up near the front of the door is where the side mirror mounts isnt it?

Looks to me like shaved door handles with electric poppers

------------------
Paul Heindselman
Southwest Idaho Fiero Club
1986 Fiero SE 2M6 - Red
1986 Fiero SE 2M6 - Black (For Sale)
2000 Grand Am GT Sedan - White

mgbringo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mgbringoSend a Private Message to mgbringoDirect Link to This Post
Archie, you are the MASTER.

Thanks for including us in the show. It is our pleasure.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
If you will recall in my "Name the Car" thread I gave the following description of the car:

"Today I began the re-assembly of my new car. It will be an 87 coupe with a 3" chop top, no wing, "Warber" vented hood, possible IRM rockers, LT1 5 speed, big brakes, shaved door handles etc.. The car will be painted Pearl Yellow and many of the chassis and suspension parts will be powder coated in the same shade of Yellow. (See the engine cradle below)

The interior will be all Mr. Mikes in Black and Yellow & include our new dash......"

As you can see, I already mentioned that it would have shaved door handles.

We got a LOT done on the car today. Got the engine in it for the last time, got the roof and rear clip on for the last time. Windshield installed and rear window installed & the front brakes are all installed, plus a bunch of other stuff.

It looks like we'll fire this sucker up Friday...... then install the rest of the body work.

BTW, I'll be using the stock mirrors in the stock locations on this car.

I've got a bunch of pics to post up tonite but have a bunch of running around to do right now, so I'll post them a little later.

Here is what the front brakes look like.

PFF
System Bot
Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
I may not be the headlight door opening but it could also be the angle of the pic. I still think it is well Archie, what is it????

------------------

2.8-4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.8-4spdSend a Private Message to 2.8-4spdDirect Link to This Post
suicide doors?
Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2002 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:
I don't see how it can be all wheel drive. Gas tank is still in the way, along with the front brake setup. So what else??

anything is possible if archie is doing it

Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
A few more pics from today.....of course there are still some pcs. yet to be installed, but we are working on it.

Archie

MikeSchaefer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeSchaeferSend a Private Message to MikeSchaeferDirect Link to This Post
MY GOD! That looks awesome!!!

------------------
http://surf.to/fiero

Master_Sushi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master_SushiSend a Private Message to Master_SushiDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Thats nice to say the least. I just noticed though. Whats with the sunroof holder and wind deflector in the front ?
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Truly that is a work of art Archie. I am thoroughly impressed
FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Very nice indeed. Almost enough to convert me to a V8. What was the name of the Dodge that had the big tail on it back in the late 60's......it will come to me. Super Bee?
That would be a good name.

GT87 STL

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
One question: why not an 88 car? (or at least an 88 cradle swap?)

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
well since everyone else has guessed and been wrong or at least close to wrong. I will say your having custom fenders(higher maybe) and a custom decklid to fit maybe plumping for the turbo in the trunk.
But only time will tell, or maybe a trip to archie's =Þ I can sneak in the back door.

------------------
JOEJOE Aol:SSFiero
Two 88FORMULAS Red & Yellow
SSFiero@Aol.com

PFF
System Bot
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Archie,

Please install the oil filler cap and plug the ventilation hole in the valve cover before you drop something into the motor. I'd hate to hear about some senseless delays...

Roy

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2002 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post
Archie , You putting a small block in that Jag I see in the background?

From what I have heard stock for stock the ealry suspensions react better to a V8 then the 88's do.

JM

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed Fiero:
Archie , You putting a small block in that Jag I see in the background?

I was wondering the same thing

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
SUICIDE DOORS would be so cool! And you don't even have to be suicidal to use them

------------------
1986 GT 4spd> Suspension Techniques Springs, Poly Bushings, Bosal Brospeed 4.5" Exhaust Tips, Cross Drilled Rotors

Chris McDonald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris McDonaldClick Here to visit Chris McDonald's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chris McDonaldDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

In noticed you turned the intake manifold around backwards. Pretty cool idea.

What brand wire harness and computer program/chip are you going to use?

I have been wiring LT1s in a variety of different cars of late. I ran into a bad problem with some defective Street and Performance harnesses that had the left and right O2 sensor wire switched. This will cause a world of problems on the newer LTI computers.

Painless does a great job, but for a long time they did not do the newer style LT1 with the reprogramable computer.

Building one from scratch is okay, but takes an awefull amount of time. I have a complete stock 95 harness in the attic right now that I decided in favor of an aftermarket harness.

How do you hook up the vacuum ports on the Opti spark that evacuate the moisture from the unit?

Looking good. Very yellow.

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris McDonald:
Archie,

In noticed you turned the intake manifold around backwards. Pretty cool idea.

ahhh, look at that!, Chris is on the BALL!

I was looking at the fuel lines, and knew the fuel rail was on the other way, funny how I never even noticed the plenum!

Is this one of the 3 surprises?

------------------

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i've been looking back at skitime's post describing his removeable window and would like to see as much detail of yours as possible. i have a plexi rear window in my chopper that i need to replace and would love to figure out something more than just replacing it.
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master_Sushi:
WOW! Thats nice to say the least. I just noticed though. Whats with the sunroof holder and wind deflector in the front ?

maybe he's putting in interchangeable roof panels so you can have a sunroof or full roof as you want it?

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2002 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
Archie,

I for one would like to know how exactly is that intake working backwards in terms of the throttle cable and such. I assume you'll have it breathing fresh air thru the factory air scoop right? I've been thinking of doing this to mine for quite some time now. I see you beat me to it!
Also, the goose neck on the water pump seems to be pointing the wrong way. Is that part of the new mods too?

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Formula LT1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
http://www.FieroLT1.com
Home of the Fiero LT1

wojeda@FieroLT1.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock