Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LT1 Stinger going together (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
LT1 Stinger going together by Archie
Started on: 01-09-2002 10:50 PM
Replies: 1108
Last post by: Archie on 12-16-2004 09:29 PM
L.I. Fieros

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L.I. FierosSend a Private Message to L.I. FierosDirect Link to This Post
Could the LT1Stinger possibly have windows that roll ALL the way down? With the lowered roof line and smaller amount of glass required it should work out well. Has this been done before?

YEAH! I'm on top of page 12!!! This is so cool!
------------------

Long Island Fiero Enthusiasts
Dave - FIEROMAN

[This message has been edited by L.I. Fieros (edited 01-29-2002).]

IP: Logged
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I believe that is the case, Choptop's windows do go all the way down (they don't leave that little 1/2" piece of glass showing). I recall Archie discussing that somewhere along the way...
4BanGinFun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:
LMAO! Archie, you're a riot! That plastic draped over the back like that almost suggests a "hatchback" look. I know you said the back glass was going to be a 3 piece, but that's just what the pic made me think of.

if the hatch back were to be it could have 3 pieces of glass one big one in the middle and two on the sides like the 86 and nemer daytonas and laser kinda ugly but you never kinow what the arch man is up too keep the pics flowing arch!

------------------
see my toys click here

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

I am thinking that it is a coolant tube. Any other ideas?

Yep, thats what it is.

But Archie
black zip ties

Otherwise your my hero, great job so far

------------------

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GOLDSE:
LMAO!! Smooth, it was late when you typed this. But, I'd have to say to find a good plastic surgeon. HA!

Great looking car Archie. Can't wait to see the final pics later this week when the secrets are revealed.

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!! I can't believe I did that!!!! Well, shall I say BEAST!!!

Dumba$$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dumba$$Send a Private Message to Dumba$$Direct Link to This Post
i figured out one of the secrets,
he is gonna have an E-RAM on there
j/k
sorry, i stumbeled across an infomertial for that tornado thingy today do you think it really works?

------------------
Rich
Sioux Falls SD
Gold 86 SE
98 acura cl 3.0
92 BMW 325i

I drive excitment!!!!
whell, kind of.

Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post
UMM Archie...
youre forgetting todays updates
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neal:
UMM Archie...
youre forgetting todays updates

Yeah i'm getting impatient again

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Theres a built in Dash computer with all the Fiero sites and THE FORUM of course, and then when you have any trouble or are bored in traffic you can just flip down the sunvisor (will that be right in front of your face with the chopped top?)get the mouse and use it on the center arm rest thing and pull the mini keyboard out from under the radio....... Oh yeah @rchie, Ive been spying

hehe

coRy

oh yeah were are todays updates!!!

87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
So Archie how are you going to be bringing your car to the show? they are calling for 14 inches of show between Wed. night and Thursday morning.. and will they still hold the show/pull in times on thursday or do they change them with weather like this?

------------------

Friends don't let friends drive Corvettes!!
Mike Kroyer
N.I.F.E. Activity Director '02

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
hey, I got it, Archie, ya need to bring the car to WACTAL, then I could see it in person! Feb 8 & 9! hehe
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Just one day to go.

It was a pretty busy day today. Because of the nature of what we got done, we didn't get too many pictures today.

We installed the balance of the body panels today and only need to install the decklid and hood. We also got some of the interior installed and completed all of the interior wiring and testing to make sure everything worked.

I originally purchased this car in 1991 & it hasn't moved under it's own power since then. It was a 4cyl. automatic car then with what was then high mileage (35K). Right after I bought it I removed the engine and sold it. After that I never got around to putting an engine in it until now. But, NOW it can be considered a "low mileage" car.

We also bled the Big Brakes and Clutch today & test drove it a short distance.

Tomorrow we complete the interior installation and a couple of exterior things and clean it up for the show.

Then I'll take a bunch of finished pics that I can show you tomorrow night.

I hope you like these..... & I hope you like the finished product that I'll be showing you Thursday morning.

Archie

------------------

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
ohhh first to post after pics. looking good. cant wait til saturday when we can see in person.

------------------
JOEJOE Aol:SSFiero
Two 88FORMULAS Red & Yellow
SSFiero@Aol.com

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Wow!! Thats just incredible looking.. I can't wait to see it Thursday...

------------------

1984 Indy Pace Car - 1984 SE - 1985 Sport Coupe ~ Click Here

[This message has been edited by Haze_Performance (edited 01-30-2002).]

Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
OOH! Thursday morning here I come! If I sleep through the day tomorrow it'll come faster right? This is better than Christmas!

Brandon

------------------

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm.. I noticed that you used a 1984 taillight wiring harness... The '84 models were the only ones to light up all 6 lights right??

(Maybe that is one of the 3 secret things?? lol)

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I noticed that the sail panels aren't installed yet. Do you trim down the stock ones or will you make your own version? Just curious how you do it with a notchback.
BTW ~ The car is looking GREAT!
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:
Archie, I noticed that the sail panels aren't installed yet. Do you trim down the stock ones or will you make your own version? Just curious how you do it with a notchback.
BTW ~ The car is looking GREAT!

I've been wondering about that for a few weeks now.. I can only see cut down 86/88 GT's types in my mind..

------------------

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Haze, yeah I guess all of the 6 bulbs light up, but I don't remember the corner lights in the bumper lighting up? I thought they were just reflectors in the formula late model coupe bumpers just like the aero bumpers. Are we seeing a reflection from a flash or were the lights added? Either way it's sweet!!! Good Luck getting it ready and for the show Archie! Can't wait to see it this year at the shows.
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
BTTT... just because it deserves to be there!

------------------
Roy :D
Just another stock Blue 87 GT
Suncoast Fieros

JUST ADDED: YELLOW 1988 GT w/ T-Tops, 5-Speed, and Performance Sound.

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
ok so now that the car is almost! done whats the licence plate going to say?? stinger???....????
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Does the coupe top trunk like always have that 'curve' in it??
Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
it's Thursday morning somewhere in the world. show us! show us! pleeeeeeeeease
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:
Does the coupe top trunk like always have that 'curve' in it??

That's the panel under the trunk lid, and yeah, I think that's normal.

All 6 light up on my '85.

The bumper lenses look like flash reflection to me.

Hmmm...

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
*bumpity bump* i wanna see it!!!! (whiney four year old voice)

------------------
Kills:
97 Neon R/T

AIM: phool88fiero

Chris McDonald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris McDonaldClick Here to visit Chris McDonald's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chris McDonaldDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

You basically answered my question about the wiring/computer system as being a product of Street and Performance.

Please tell us when you get a chance if you are using the 92-94 style electronics and ECM, or is it the 95-96 with the finned aluminum ECM. Also, can you please tell me if you are programming the ECM, or are you having S&P do it?

Finally, what brand/type scanner do you use to double check all of your readings on these things? Will you be running a mass air flow?

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
*BUMP*

Come on Arch... We need some of those last min. pics to get us through the night..

------------------

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2002 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
please...archie...update! im dieing here!

------------------
1986 GT: UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Aftermarket Power Steering, Rebuilt 2.8, Zr-1 Cowl Induction Hood, 1/4 Window scoops, removed spoiler, currently wearing primer awaiting silver paint...

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
The tension is mounting.......Oh not I mean the suspence

Scott

------------------
Fierokid's Web site:
http://www.angelfire.com/sports/sfiero
AIM: Fierokid87

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
OMG! Archie... thats amazing! I can't wait to see the final pics tomorrow!!!

------------------
-Alex

1986 Fiero GT, STOCK Wingless,
President of FieroMontreal... www.fieromontreal.com
and Regional Director of CFOG-I for Eastern Canada. www.cfog-I.org

Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haze_Performance:
*BUMP*

Come on Arch... We need some of those last min. pics to get us through the night..

Sorry, I haven't had time to check PFF today... been working my butt off.

Posting these from the shop before I go home for the night. Car is almost done, just a couple of things to do in the morning.

This car is so cool, that even I'm impressed.

Archie

Tomorrow, when I post up ALL the pics of this car I hope none of you are dissappointed. I know that This is the best one I've done so far.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Well there you go guys.....no funky 2-piece decklid!

Looks nice.....I can't wait to find out what the 3 surprises really are.

BTW.....I'm glad there isn't a spoiler.....that would ruin the new lines this thing has (wouldn't look right).

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 01-30-2002).]

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
whoa 2 nights in a row. posted right after the new pics...that must be a sign..its really my car. whats up with the headlights..hmmmm is there something your not telling?

damn: edited because MRFIERO beat me to it. only one minute.

------------------
JOEJOE Aol:SSFiero
Two 88FORMULAS Red & Yellow
SSFiero@Aol.com

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 01-30-2002).]

summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

No handles on the doors... hmpf.

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait until tomorrow.... Thanks for the pics.. I can sleep better now..
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:
whoa 2 nights in a row. posted right after the new pics...that must be a sign..its really my car.

damn: edited because MRFIERO beat me to it. only one minute.

Nah! Nah! Now it's MY car!

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Arch....PLEASE tell me what u did about the front wheel gap, it looks smaller!?!
Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2002 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
OMG....thats god-awful GORGEOUS! can i have it when your done with it? ill give you mine!

------------------
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Rebuilt 2.8, Zr-1 Cowl
Induction Hood, 1/4 Window scoops,
removed spoiler, awaiting blue paint...

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Speechless..........
sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2002 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post
Give me a second while I go clean out the mess I just made in my pants!

Archie, you owe me one pair of FTL Jockey's or you can just throw in a 4-core rad for me if you like.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

400HP LT1 Conversion has begun......

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock