Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LT1 Stinger going together (Page 22)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
LT1 Stinger going together by Archie
Started on: 01-09-2002 10:50 PM
Replies: 1108
Last post by: Archie on 12-16-2004 09:29 PM
85SE
From: Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada (yes, the town is named Paradise!)

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Would you believe that someone was walking past the car with the door panel and accidently caught it in the pic. and after looking at the pic, decided to leave it in there?

Archie

Now THAT is funny! You had us all thinking that you were doing lambo doors - and then people figuring it was you up to tricks to make us think lambo doors...and it was just an accident all along. Classic. Love the Stinger. But I think I already mentioned that

Cheers,
Andrew

------------------
Andrew - 85SE - AKA Fieroless in Newfoundland :(

IP: Logged
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Would you believe that someone was walking past the car with the door panel and accidently caught it in the pic. and after looking at the pic, decided to leave it in there?

Archie

NO!!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SE:

Now THAT is funny! You had us all thinking that you were doing lambo doors - and then people figuring it was you up to tricks to make us think lambo doors...and it was just an accident all along. Classic. Love the Stinger. But I think I already mentioned that

Cheers,
Andrew

Anyway you look at it...... I think it did add a lot of fun to the thread.

Someone had asked for better perspective pictures of it. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny & warm & I plan to take a bunch of new pics.

85SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

Anyway you look at it...... I think it did add a lot of fun to the thread.

That's true Archie. I had a ton of fun reading that thread everyday. I don't post here a lot but I read every day...

I take it from your above pic then that either
a) you drink Pepsi
b) that's the stock car before you did the chop and etc or
c) you're doing another car?

Cheers,
Andrew - 85SE
PS Archie: Ever sell a kit to someone here in Newfoundland? I heard rumors of a v8 Fiero here in town but haven't been able to confirm or deny yet...

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2002 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SE:

b) that's the stock car before you did the chop and etc or

Cheers,
Andrew - 85SE
PS Archie: Ever sell a kit to someone here in Newfoundland? I heard rumors of a v8 Fiero here in town but haven't been able to confirm or deny yet...

Yes, that is an early picture of the LT1 Stinger.

I recall that I've shipped 2 kits to St. Johns.

Archie

85SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

Yes, that is an early picture of the LT1 Stinger.

I recall that I've shipped 2 kits to St. Johns.

Archie

2! Eiiiiiieee...now I have to find out who (I don't want you to tell me that - it wouldn't be respectful of your customers). Whoever it is - I don't think they're showing their cars around town. I did miss the biggest car show here last year (Grandmother was sick in hospital) but I haven't seen any v8s. Did see a red GT with gold wheels flying down the local crusing strip one night. Stopped me dead in my tracks. Sounded stock though...

Sigh.

Thanks though Archie! Gives me something to look for this summer.

Cheers,
Andrew

------------------

sloth85GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post
And only 1 kit to Winnipeg! Which, hasn't arrived yet.........it's been a while. I'm sure that Archie sent it, it's just caught at the border most likely, stupid customs slows everything down.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

400HP LT1 Conversion has begun......

ejayerik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ejayerikSend a Private Message to ejayerikDirect Link to This Post
I believe I heard Archie say it on the movie Almost famous. I quote "I AM A GOLDEN GOD"! end quote.

[This message has been edited by ejayerik (edited 02-18-2002).]

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Is that my V8 Indy I see in the background??

LoL

------------------

~ 1984 Indy Pace Car - 1984 SE - 1985 Sport Coupe ~
~~~~~~ Pennocks "Members Cars” Gallery ~~~~~~

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I had to have a go at a desktop too. Sorry for the large image K size. I was after maximum quality resolution though.

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sloth85GT:
And only 1 kit to Winnipeg! Which, hasn't arrived yet.........it's been a while. I'm sure that Archie sent it, it's just caught at the border most likely, stupid customs slows everything down.

If I remember right, isn't the shop you are dealing with up there is Sure Fire Auto?

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanDirect Link to This Post
Man, that is one tough ass looking car! Just curious though, about how much do you think you have invested in that car? Hop you dont mind me asking that
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ferrari Fan:
Man, that is one tough ass looking car! Just curious though, about how much do you think you have invested in that car? Hop you dont mind me asking that

i wonder too. i was recently looking at the old $10k thread. with my most ambitous project i thought i'd be under it easy. now i think i'll hit $10 and still need an engine and what ever expence goes with it.

if you tell try to figure in with/without labor as if you were doing it for someone else.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I thought I'd show you a little contrast.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Oh man Archie! My wife ain't getting none tonight.
BIG Difference in height, and appearance. That notchback choptop is the ticket.... I wonder, you can choptop AND Targa a car at the same time right? I have a plan drawn up for Targa... My subframe is almost done.
Ferrari_cdn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari_cdnSend a Private Message to Ferrari_cdnDirect Link to This Post

If I remember right, isn't the shop you are dealing with up there is Sure Fire Auto?

Archie

It's SURE POWER. Just thought I'll tell you for him. We all go to the same place.

------------------
AIM: CanadianFiero
Project conversion to an aero V6. (85 GT)

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ferrari_cdn:
It's SURE POWER. Just thought I'll tell you for him. We all go to the same place.

Ok, well if you happen to talk to sloth85GT that The people have calleed me a couple weeks ago and we discussed what they wanted but they have never actually ordered a kit. All I did was talk to them on the phone, so that's why I didn't have the shop name exactly right because they haven't given me an address etc. yet.

He may want to check with them to see what'sup

In fact no V-8 kits have been ordered yet this year from anywhere in Canada.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Another angle

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
On cost, I'm working on that.... to be honest, I don't think I really want to know. I'll have to get out the adding machine, this could take a couple of days.

Everytime I think about cost, I look at these:

ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
...Been watching this thread since the very beginning...

...I have to say that the Stinger has some of the wickedest lines I've ever seen on ANY car.

Kudos Archie!

------------------

'88 GT "Ital" Custom in progress! Current Mods: Ocelot exhaust w/removed cat, HyperTech chip, K&N filter (airbox removed), custom short-shifter, H/D clutch. Mods to come: FOCOA "Kid Danger" air-dam (have, but not installed yet), Aus's Stage II side skirts, relocated factory wing, customized rear deck lid, euro-tailights, custom hood vent, lowered suspension, 18" Verona wheels... bright red paint! =) The list goes on and on of course...

aolsen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aolsenSend a Private Message to aolsenDirect Link to This Post

I really like this picture. Any chance of getting a higher res version?

------------------

Red '84SE

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aolsen:
I really like this picture. Any chance of getting a higher res version?

You've got Email..... I sent you a hi res version of that pic.

Archie

aolsen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aolsenSend a Private Message to aolsenDirect Link to This Post

You've got Email..... I sent you a hi res version of that pic.

Archie

Thanks!

This is definitely one of the hottest cars on the road.

AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2002 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post

How about a high res version of these?

since they're being distributed

------------------

'85 SE 3800SC 5 Spd
I WANT A FASTBACK!!!

[This message has been edited by AgaricX (edited 02-18-2002).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AgaricX:

How about a high res version of these?

since they're being distributed

I just learned how to take the pics in high res. today...... I can't give you the pic with the snow in it but I have the other one in hi res. & I have one from about the same angle as the "snow" one I'll send you.

Anyone else?

I took about 20 hi res pics today and have a lowly dial up, so it would be nice to be able to upload to several people at once.

Archie

desertlord

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for desertlordClick Here to visit desertlord's HomePageSend a Private Message to desertlordDirect Link to This Post
Could you send me a Hi Res of the view of the passenger side?
rick@desertlord.com
Thanks.

------------------
Rick Lord
Desert Lord Enterprises
http://www.desertlord.com
http://www.kitkar.com

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
If you want to send me all the high resolution pictures Archie I will zip them and put them on one of my sites for an easy download. Saves sending them out lots of times.
Plus I wouldn't mind playing with them anyway
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
the silver gt in the perspective pics looks like mine. hope i can one day finish my chopper and have a sight like that for myself.
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:
If you want to send me all the high resolution pictures Archie I will zip them and put them on one of my sites for an easy download. Saves sending them out lots of times.
Plus I wouldn't mind playing with them anyway

I second that motion! These need to be publicly downloadable! I hadn't thought of it, I'd have offered the same thing...good thinkin' Aus.

Bryce
88 GT

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Nevermind... I understand that Anthony (reality) has already contacted you

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 02-19-2002).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I just put 21 High res. pics of the Stinger up on my Web Site that you can dload.

Go to the bottom of the LT1 Stinger page http://www.v8archie.com/stinger.htm

Archie

reality & GreenGT you can get the pics you want from there too.

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pic's Archie!!!
sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2002 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post

Ok, well if you happen to talk to sloth85GT that The people have calleed me a couple weeks ago and we discussed what they wanted but they have never actually ordered a kit. All I did was talk to them on the phone, so that's why I didn't have the shop name exactly right because they haven't given me an address etc. yet.

He may want to check with them to see what'sup

In fact no V-8 kits have been ordered yet this year from anywhere in Canada.

Archie

Serious??? I think Lenny and I have to have a little talk, he said he ordered it. Maybe there was some miscommunication there. Lenny at "Sure Power" is the guy you spoke to. I will call him tomorrow and ask him to give you a call and sort things out.

Sorry Archie, I knew it wasn't your wrong doing as I'm sure you're a great guy to do business with, I thought maybe it was stupid customs.

Reality

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2002 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Archie those pictures are great, now if you could get some of the engine and interior I would be set.
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2002 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I agree, the pics are awesome! I'd love some high-def pictures of the interior and engine compartment as well. Also, for show-off factor...I'd love a pic of you standing next to the car Archie; it'd show the man and his machine, and also put the height of the car in GREAT perspective!!!

Bryce
88 GT

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Thanks.

Actually, I read that old thread differently than you do. You stated that "LT1 intake manifold can bolt on backwards" Giving the impression that it was just turn it around and bolt on type thing. I just stated that your claim was wrong.

The only way the manifold will bolt on backward is with some heavy modifications. We did the modifications to make it work.

Really? What mods did you have to make to get it to work?
I rechecked my guinea pig engine and can't see a necessity for "heavy modifications".

BTW..... one more thing, You also stated "keep the intake in the same place as the stock Fiero V6, simplifying plumbing a little bit". You cannot pull air thru the old side intake to feed this engine. We tried using the stock intake on a normal SBC engine years ago and it just couldn't pull enough air thru the Fiero system to feed the V-8. We ran the test car thru the 1/4 mile and it would just fall flat on it's face before it even got to the Traps.... When we tried it with out the Fiero system, it pulled strong thru the lights. We tested this and I'm positive that plumbing a SBC V-8 thru the old air cleaner system will hurt performance.

Guys with heavy breathing V6's have run across this phenomenon, too. Did you ever try any of their techniques? Several techniques exist for opening up the intake tract.
The LS1 & LT1 aren't the only V8's with reversible intake manifolds.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 02-21-2002).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

I just put 21 High res. pics of the Stinger up on my Web Site that you can dload.

Go to the bottom of the LT1 Stinger page http://www.v8archie.com/stinger.htm

Archie

reality & GreenGT you can get the pics you want from there too.

I just put 16 more pics of the interior and engine up on the same location as above.

Archie

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2002 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AgaricX:

This pic reminds me of my Lotus BIG TIME!!!

Note the rake of the windscreen and the way it makes the whole front end look like a big wedge!

I STILL think that a Lotus conversion for the Fiero is a MUST HAVE.

DKOV -

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The new hi-res Stinger is now my wallpaper. I only wish that there was a hi-res photo with both doors open. That is a beautiful sight.

Hey Archie, if and when you decide to sell this car give us some advance notice so I can get the second mortgage process started on my house. And are there any plans for an LS1 Fiero?

J Scott

fierodave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2002 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodaveClick Here to visit fierodave's HomePageDirect Link to This Post
Archie~ Great looking project!
It's so nice to see you getting the respect that you deserved all along!
FD
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock