Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  LT1 Stinger going together (Page 17)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
LT1 Stinger going together by Archie
Started on: 01-09-2002 10:50 PM
Replies: 1108
Last post by: Archie on 12-16-2004 09:29 PM
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
That thing is going to Daytona? Hey Frank, you can already engrave "Archie" on the trophy for Best of Class on Mod coupe. Take another for Best of Show too probably..
IP: Logged
Kasdan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2002 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
Oh dear god, i think i just wet myself...

anywho, itd be sweet if u were cool like me and the car has p/s

------------------
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Rebuilt 2.8, Zr-1 Cowl
Induction Hood, 1/4 Window scoops,
removed spoiler, awaiting blue paint...

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
DAMN.

Looks MUCH nicer finished.

What an excellent job!

For those asking, listen up;

1) When I was there, he had no intention of a DIY kit, or offering it as a conversion, he may eventually change his mind, but liability is an issue.

2) The doors are (obviously) one of the "never before" mods.

3) The Intake manifold IS the 2nd mod.

4) He'll have to disclose the third. Someone, somewhere in these 15 or so pages, asked about it.

All I can tell you is; there is more to come, in coming weeks.

Keep on rockin', Archie!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
...the third. Someone, somewhere in these 15 or so pages, asked about it.

Ya' mean I've gotta reread all these posts?!

My productivity is gonna turn to sh!t!

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
I LOVE IT! I WANT!

------------------
Fierokid's Web site:
http://www.angelfire.com/sports/sfiero
AIM: Fierokid87

bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
WoW! That is beautifull!

As for the 3 things that were never done b4.. what are the other two?

1) Suicide Doors
2) ?
3)?

Did I miss something?

Thanks!

------------------
hoop
Red 86 GT 5 speed
Black 86 SE Automatic

NOS3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NOS3800Click Here to visit NOS3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to NOS3800Direct Link to This Post
This car does not have a roll down rear window. If you look at the pics of the engine compartment, the wiring harnesses go through the firewall into the passenger compartment. You cannot get the window down without cutting through the wires. HOWEVER, I do believe it has a popout rear window, similar to SkiTimes. If you look at the same pics, as someone pointed out, there are black areas in the corners and a line running vertically, looks like a seal.
Some things that concern me: the air intake will be sucking in HOT motor air, why not run it to a side scoop??? Second, was that car painted in the shop where it sat?? Man, I hope there isn't alot of trash in the paint or hope they at least wet sanded and buffed the car. I went to the WOW in Baltimore and the lighting there shows EVERY flaw in the paint. Alot of the cars were a joke paint wise and I overheard alot of people slamming cars because of it.
If a car is going to be in the WOW it should be sprayed in a booth!

------------------
Purple 1988 GT
NOS injected 3800 Series II V6

Best ET(75 shot)-13.21@102.13 mph
w/o NOS 14.86@92.06mph

rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincDirect Link to This Post

DAMN.

Looks MUCH nicer finished.

What an excellent job!

For those asking, listen up;

1) When I was there, he had no intention of a DIY kit, or offering it as a conversion, he may eventually change his mind, but liability is an issue.

2) The doors are (obviously) one of the "never before" mods.

3) The Intake manifold IS the 2nd mod.

TRiAD,
Archie showed one of the secrets in has first pic's today and this thread went over a page before anyone even mentioned it. MinnGreen noticed it and said something.

4) He'll have to disclose the third. Someone, somewhere in these 15 or so pages, asked about it.

All I can tell you is; there is more to come, in coming weeks.

That's true, and again no one picked up on it.
I'm sure Archie will be posting the third secret when he returns from setting up at the show, tonight. Until then I have to bite my tong.

Arhcie, Outstanding! Sure have enjoyed this thread.

Bob...

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2002 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Something to do with the sunroof deflector still being there, huh? I can't for the life of me figure out what that would be for though...
Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
that is an absolutely beautiful car!
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
the Second big thing ISNT the inake manifold. why would it be, it isnt anything special, plus he showed that right away. Never been done to a fiero before! LT1 wih a moddfied intake manifold! think about it.
PFF
System Bot
86 gt fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 gt fastbackSend a Private Message to 86 gt fastbackDirect Link to This Post
just have to say AWSOME. keep it comming and keep the fiero alive at all cost... i sure will keep mine... forever
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
I didnt read much of the posts after you posted pics, but i wondered why you didnt put your custom dash in? I was looking foward to seeing that. did you run out of time? anyways, still looks good!!

------------------
JOEJOE Aol:SSFiero
Two 88FORMULAS Red & Yellow
SSFiero@Aol.com

William Federle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for William FederleSend a Private Message to William FederleDirect Link to This Post
I think that those doors will make it so that you don't rub against the L.H. bolster of the drivers seat when you get in. It will probably last longer.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by William Federle:
I think that those doors will make it so that you don't rub against the L.H. bolster of the drivers seat when you get in. It will probably last longer.

yeah but think about the dash corners.

Bluemagic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BluemagicSend a Private Message to BluemagicDirect Link to This Post
How about corvette style rollover headlights.

------------------
85 SE Cadero 4.9 V8

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bluemagic:
How about corvette style rollover headlights.
Copycat! I said that already. Another case of sharp minds thinking alike!

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Archie,

I still cant believe how perfect that car is! Every time I look at it I like it more. IT is amazing, and makes a good wallpaper for my computer! You do GREAT work!

------------------

James Essar
Co-Founder of NEO Fiero Club!
Stock 4, Wanna Race?

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:
the Second big thing ISNT the inake manifold. why would it be, it isnt anything special, plus he showed that right away. Never been done to a fiero before! LT1 wih a moddfied intake manifold! think about it.

Triad knows all of the secrets, Archie told him during his dealings with him. So yes, the manifold IS the second secret. What is the advantage to the reverse manifold though?

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

400HP LT1 Conversion has begun......

LT1 Chop Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT1 Chop TopSend a Private Message to LT1 Chop TopDirect Link to This Post
Mine goes the 'normal' way. Besides Looking cool, it will be easier to take the K&N off to clean it!

------------------

Home Page w/ Vids : http://ucsub.colorado.edu/%7Epattons/Home15.html

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
wll if th ntake manifold is the second secret (which i still doubt it is) its a big dissapointent. i mean, who cares. I still say it CANT be one of the secrets because he showed us tht right away, not much of a secret
PFF
System Bot
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

That's too funny.

OK, since some of us are slow...

I've seen the car in person, and have spoken with Archie directly about the car, while looking at it. I know all 3 secrets. Since those 2 have been shown, I made it crystal clear for anyone still unsure what they were. I'm leaving the 3rd, since it hasn't been clearly shown, for Archie to unveil directly on it's own.

Now, the LT1 intake manifold has NOT (to my knowledge, or more importantly, Archie's) been done this way.
This allows easier access to the filter, does not require moving the battery, but did require some fabrication to do. I will also ease locating the intake pipe, for customers who require pure insanity, by way of a Supercharged LT1. There's simply more room this way.

*NEXT!*

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

TRiAD

4464 posts
Member since May 2001

wll if th ntake manifold is the second secret (which i still doubt it is) its a big dissapointent. i mean, who cares...

Let's see YOU do it.

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 02-23-2002).]

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to drool could wreck the finish

Nice I like it like the other chop top you had.. some day when I'm rich I'll be givin you a visit

------------------
-KC

1988 Formula, 3.4
LoW Key's Red Bullet

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
OK, I arranged for some vacation time in March just so I can see this car at Daytona. Oh, and BTW I'm gonna bring my digital camera. Any requests?
Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 02-23-2002).]

Sleeper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleeperSend a Private Message to SleeperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLAMMED87GT:
There's always one person in the industry that will take it to the next level.

Archie seems to be that guy.

No Doubt that this car is pretty f*cking TRICK and i know/understand that Archie spent alotta time trial fitting and not violating parts of the car but i'll have to disagree with that comment.

as for the third thing...it has something to do with the rear window; pop out or roll down or push that button where the lighter should be and (walla!) power rear window.

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Let's see YOU do it.

busts out socket wrench and torque wrench, goes down street to camaro, pops hood, relizeses it a 6-cyl, thinks, thinks some more, walks up street turns right and down street to caprice 9C1, pops hood, alarm goes off, cop comes out of his house, starts running...hey i tried. but im still dissapointed

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

busts out socket wrench and torque wrench, goes down street to camaro, pops hood, relizeses it a 6-cyl, thinks, thinks some more, walks up street turns right and down street to caprice 9C1, pops hood, alarm goes off, cop comes out of his house, starts running...hey i tried. but im still dissapointed

LOL! OK, that's pretty good, but it's more than unbolting it and turning it around. MmmKay?

lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
CarLislE!? That cars goin to be at Carlisle? I hope its not competing! If so i am going into Daily Driver class! ANyways the car looks great...but doesn't it sit kinda high? Maybe the car has Hydralics?

------------------
Earl Sessions
1985 Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6
Best ET: 13.232 @ 101.24 mph

PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Carlisle?!? NICE!! I'm going to be there, I can't wait to see it. Archie, it looks great!!!
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

LOL! OK, that's pretty good, but it's more than unbolting it and turning it around. MmmKay?

Mmmkay mr. Macky, mmmkay

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I like the reversed intake. But if it were me, I'd have gone ahead and plumbed it to the fender vent so it's getting cool outside air. Looks awesome, though! Another coup for Archie!
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
CARLISLE!? that car is goin to be at CArlisle? If its in my class i am goig into daily driver! As for the third thing....i the car sits too high. Could it have Hydrallics? As for the rear window...it can't roll down can it? It wold hit the wire harness coming through the fire wall.

------------------
Earl Sessions
1985 Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6
Best ET: 13.232 @ 101.24 mph

sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
Okay guys, this is SAD! People begging for pictures of a car, its a sad sad world! Guess i'd have to be full of testosterone to understand
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sarabear:
...Guess i'd have to be full of testosterone to understand

I'd be careful with offers like that here...there are several people here who would be more than willing to arrange that.

ewww. LOL!

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
ROFLMAO
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
3rd mod!! 3rd mod!! 3rd mod!!

come on everyone, if we chant loud enough maybe archie will hear and post more pics..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2002 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
are there going to be any more postings of pics tonight?

------------------
Kills:
97 Neon R/T

AIM: phool88fiero

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock