Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350159 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I'd us this thread to show you what is going on over here. From tim to time I'll post up a few pics of projects we are working on.

This time I'll show you how crouded it is in the shop when we put all the cars inside for the night.

Archie

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroSoul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSoulSend a Private Message to FieroSoulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I can almost smell the grease from here. I think this could be my dream life. It doesn't get any better than that.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a full house to me.....Maybe you should sell that yellow thing
When would be a good time to bring the GBCT up for some work??????
What cars are you taking to the WOW show ?

------------------

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2002 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie;

you have a 240 with a v8? or is that dash on the self int he first pic from something else?

JM

------------------
Jonathan McCreery

If you're goin to hell, dont halfazz it, go all out, and shoot for Satan's right hand man.

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, that looks like another choptop fastback there- the grey colored GT? The choptop count must be around 9 or so?

------------------
'87GT 6" Drop, Can you say "Bagged"? Pictures and Details Coming Soon!

'87 blue cp- Yah!
'91 Eclipse- Lowered 2.5"
'91 Beretta GT- FOR SALE

fieros only

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Are you going to build another Fiero this year like you did lastyear with the "Stinger"?

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??
3.4DOHC SWAP in near future

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whooa Nelly! that's awesome! I can't believe the purple pavement eater hasn't been sold yet! What an awesome car...that goes for all of them!

...i'm speechless!

------------------
If you appreciate my contribution to Fiero.nl please give me a postive Rating...

Visit my website at http://members.rogers.com/jrossi
E-mail me with any questions at steven.rossi@rogers.com

AznFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AznFieroSend a Private Message to AznFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool!! thats probably the only time I'll ever see that many fieros packed into one garage!
rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gee Archie,
I was thinking of another project, but I don't think you have any room left. I guess I have to wait till spring or summer, until you get caught up and make some room. I will let you know about the new project just as soon as I do a little more research, or you have some room.

Bob.

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Gee Arch,

If you are tight on space, you can park the Stinger next to my GT! I wouldn't even charge you for the space in my garage. (Sorry, just couldn't resist some pathetic begging.) Jeff

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Looks like a full house to me.....Maybe you should sell that yellow thing
When would be a good time to bring the GBCT up for some work??????

Can't sell the Yellow Stinger until I've built it's replacement.

I could work on the GBCT next May, but You'd need to drop it off in January so I can test drive it for a few months.

Seriously, give me a call and, depending on what you need, we can work it in during the next 2 months.

Originally posted by Slammed Fiero:

Archie;

you have a 240 with a v8? or is that dash on the self int he first pic from something else?

JM

Boy, nothing gets by you guys does it? You guys find everything in those pictures don't you?

I built, drove & sold my V-8 powered Z car a long time ago before I ever did a V-8 Fiero. On the dash thing, lets just say that everything I have in that shop is Fiero related.

Originally posted by SLAMMED87GT:

Archie, that looks like another choptop fastback there- the grey colored GT?

Yes it is, just finishing it up for a guy in CA. It's a real nice GT, he is going to do the paint etc. after he picks it up Jan. 6th. He monitors this Forum but hasn't joined yet. You guys ought to talk him into joining up. Come on Curley, join us!

Before & After pics.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

Archie,
Are you going to build another Fiero this year like you did lastyear with the "Stinger"?

Not this year.... when you build a car like that you never want to get rid of it. And to build another one without selling the 1st one gets way too expen$ive.

Besides the Stinger isn't quite done yet. I've got several new things to do to it in Feb.

Originally posted by stevenrossi:

Whooa Nelly! that's awesome! I can't believe the purple pavement eater hasn't been sold yet! What an awesome car...that goes for all of them!

...i'm speechless!

Thank You. I'm not really trying to sell the PPE right now. I want to hang onto it until Spring, so I can take it to the drag strip to see what it actually can do. Then I'll get serious about selling it.

Originally posted by DL10:

I'm taking the Stinger and this one......

That's Mark (my paint guru) & Cary Decker (PFF member GMGW) Polishing my new paint job today.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
The only thing else that happened today that I can report on is that the NIFE WOW Show Fiero Chassis was worked on by the NIFE Board.

Here it is so far.....

Clockwose from the top.... Lady Pegasas, Pegasas, PaulV (Membership Director), Jim Hallman (President of NIFE), Rich Benanti (NIFE VP) & That's Carl "Haze" over there by the driver's door.

I hope this is entertaining.

Archie

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Here it is so far.....

Clockwose from the top.... Lady Pegasas, Pegasas, PaulV (Membership Director), Jim Hallman (President of NIFE), Rich Benanti (NIFE VP) & That's Carl "Haze" over there by the driver's door.

I hope this is entertaining.

Archie

This is ..... I'm moving to Ill. That way I can kiss up to you too... LOL

Seriously... Look's like a good time!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't sell the Yellow Stinger until I've built it's replacement.

... And to build another one without selling the 1st one gets way too expen$ive.

Archie

Sounds like a Conundrum to me. Looks like you'll be holding on to the Stinger for a while. I need to get one of my cars up to your shop soon. You do awesome work.

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2002 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet, i was just gonna ask what color did you decide to paint the Fino. That color looks awsome, especially with the silver taillight surround. Now it needs a 4th gen firebird dash!

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs

Drive it like you stole it...nice and slow so you dont get your @$$ caught by the cops

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2002 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Are there any mods required to the windshield wipers on a chop top or do you just use a lot of rain-x? Thanks!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2002 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Archie,
Are there any mods required to the windshield wipers on a chop top or do you just use a lot of rain-x? Thanks!

The wipers don't need to be modified.

Rain-x doesn't work so well on a chop top because the windshield is at such a low angle that, when sitting still, rain that hits the windshield runs up and over the roof.

Archie

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2002 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Thanks for the response and a chuckle! I'm very much interested in having you do a chop top/v8 conversion on my 88 - but - first have to liquefy another asset (70 SS454 LS7 Chevelle) to fund the Fiero madness!
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2002 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The WoW car is a display car that will be in the 41st annual World oF Wheels Show in Chicago. We will finally show that the car is not just fiberglass and plastic. IT is a full running chasis and is being painted with PR15 to give it the gloss new car look. here are a few pictures.

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish they would cut a Fiero body right down the center. Then mount it on that car. I think that would be impressive, maybe next year. All in all its coming a long great.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
jbigie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jbigieSend a Private Message to jbigieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, any chance of holiday charity passing down a few V-8 conversions to us needy folks.

Looks great, keep up the good work!

------------------
"Wise man say, when in doubt, mumble."

jimmybpei

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmybpeiSend a Private Message to jimmybpeiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie What Do you do With the door glasses on a chop top do they still roll up all the way.

Looks to me as if you laid the roof back instead of a section.

Intrested in hearing your comments. I chopped my s-10 in sections,Therefor the windown in the door frams won't roll all the way up.

Later

------------------

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimmybpei:

Hey Archie What Do you do With the door glasses on a chop top do they still roll up all the way.

Looks to me as if you laid the roof back instead of a section.

Intrested in hearing your comments. I chopped my s-10 in sections,Therefor the windown in the door frams won't roll all the way up.

Later

the side windows are custom cut and vacuum formed plexiglass or lexan

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2003 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another LT1 Fiero is ready to Rock. This one will be on it's way to FL tomorrow. After the owner puts a few finishing touches on it, you'll see it at The Daytona Show.

Archie

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2003 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can we get some more pictures of the silver Choptop?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2003 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another LT1 Fiero is ready to Rock. This one will be on it's way to FL tomorrow. After the owner puts a few finishing touches on it, you'll see it at The Daytona Show.

Archie

And another LT1 with the intake plenum reversed. So, how much extra do you charge to do that?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2003 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87FieroGTx:

Can we get some more pictures of the silver Choptop?

How's that?

He is leaving here tonight to drive it home.

Archie

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2003 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, how about some VIDEO!!!

hehe

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2003 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87FieroGTx:

Nice, how about some VIDEO!!!

hehe

Do you want the Video on this Chop top car or the latest LT1 car.

This Chop Top looks good but it's only a NStar, so it make for a very good Video.

Sounds pretty good but takes off like a stock Fiero....

Do have some Video on the LT1 car though.

Archie

Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(!)

DAMN THAT Silver Choptop is sooooo sweet!

I would love to have that done to my car!

Have you ever done a chop to a notchback with the aero package (aka early GT, Late SE)?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jaei Sun (edited 01-07-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That has SUPERCAR written ALLLLLLL OVER IT! Great Job Archie!!

Oh, and that yellow thing in the background is'nt to shabby either...
------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??
3.4DOHC SWAP in near future

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 01-11-2003).]

SLAMMED87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody else notice the wing on the back of this GT? Look like maybe it's set back an inch.

A very cool looking Fiero.

------------------
'87GT 6" Drop, Can you say "Bagged"? Pictures and Details Coming Soon!

'87 blue cp- Yah!
'91 Eclipse- Lowered 2.5"

fieros only

fierodustin_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustin_86Send a Private Message to fierodustin_86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any interior pics after the top is chopped????

------------------

86 Fiero SE

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you want the Video on this Chop top car or the latest LT1 car.

This Chop Top looks good but it's only a NStar, so it make for a very good Video.

Sounds pretty good but takes off like a stock Fiero....

Do have some Video on the LT1 car though.

Archie

If your going to make me pick CHOPTOP!! But I bet we all would like to see BOTH videos!

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The silver chop top is NICE!

Great work (as always) Archie!

-FieroRumor
*rubs the brown stuff off his nose*

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those custom scoops on the Silver Choptop? Or are they Aus's Stage 2? I can't really tell with the lower trim attached like that, but they kind of have the shape/style of the Stage2 kit...?

It looks sweet!

(hehe... "only" a N* I get a kick out of that line )

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 01-07-2003).]

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My good lord is that silver GT ever beautiful!!! Please tell me the owner is going to repaint it silver as it looks kick a$$ as the current color. BTW, what year is the car? I can't really tell from the pics whether or not it has the two tone silver as on the the 86-87's or the single tone as on the 88's. Give my compliments to Curls!
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Are those custom scoops on the Silver Choptop? Or are they Aus's Stage 2? I can't really tell with the lower trim attached like that, but they kind of have the shape/style of the Stage2 kit...?

It looks sweet!

(hehe... "only" a N* I get a kick out of that line )

I was just looking at that thinking the same thing. I was about to email Aus, and see if you can keep your normal trim like that with his scoops, and if so, what the cost will be without them. I guess I will just wait and see what Archie has to say about it.

------------------

Thanks hallsman!

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
My good lord is that silver GT ever beautiful!!! Please tell me the owner is going to repaint it silver as it looks kick a$$ as the current color. BTW, what year is the car? I can't really tell from the pics whether or not it has the two tone silver as on the the 86-87's or the single tone as on the 88's. Give my compliments to Curls!

It's an '87 repaint...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock