Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350162 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The photo-shop Choptop is looking pretty sweet MinngreenGT. After seing it photo-shop, the question is: Can Chester wait until spring to paint it now?

Thanks I was a little disappointed that the IRM rocker scoops didn't show up any better than they did... they showed up more-clearly on my design station.

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 10-09-2003).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey MinngreenGt, can you alter the choptop V8 sig(logo)lenghtwise(north & south) to make it look more like a sword? I wouldn't mind coping that logo onto a shirt when I roll in my choptop.(if its okay with you?) If so can you e-mail me?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey MinngreenGt, can you alter the choptop V8 sig(logo)lenghtwise(north & south) to make it look more like a sword? I wouldn't mind coping that logo onto a shirt when I roll in my choptop.(if its okay with you?) If so can you e-mail me?

Hmmm... I like that idea You're certainly welcome to use it. I'll drop you an email to get the details about what format you'll want/need. Also, any particular color (although I figure the black/gray work pretty well for your car ).

How about a few different styles to choose from (depending on one's car's modifications)

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 10-09-2003).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd definitely buy one of those shirts!
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

you know a fino chop-top would look really sweet. especially with the layed back windsheild and it lower about 2-3 inches. I think that should be your next project someone wanna photoshop that??

the need for speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the need for speedSend a Private Message to the need for speedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey archie how much would it set me back to get the chop top done and have you paint it silver?like this
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by the need for speed:

hey archie how much would it set me back to get the chop top done and have you paint it silver?like this
//www.fiero.nl/uploads/imgs2003/Mvc-642f.jpg

http://www.v8archie.com/choptop.htm

Pricing

For the complete conversion (Steps #1, #2 & #3) Price By Quote Only*
Forconversion without paint (Steps #1 & #2) Price $ 3995.00
For the conversion to the top only (Step #1 you do the interior & paint at your leisure) Introductory Price $ 3595.00
* This price can vary depending on your paint choices.

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Thanks I was a little disappointed that the IRM rocker scoops didn't show up any better than they did... they showed up more-clearly on my design station.

Dude that's awesome! Do you have a hirez version? Ideally 1600X1024. If so could you email it to me?

I do plan on retaining the silver bottom but in a bright silver with a small red pin stripe where the black meets the silver.

Thanks!

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop in progress!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 10-09-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Dude that's awesome! Do you have a hirez version? Ideally 1600X1024. If so could you email it to me?

I do plan on retaining the silver bottom but in a bright silver with a small red pin stripe where the black meets the silver.

Glad you like it unfortunately that's all the bigger I've got it (as I just swiped one of your forum-posted pics to make it). If you can email me a high resolution version, I can rework it with your colors & everything... let me know!

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Y'know....I've been looking at this pic of the Rat....

Makes me wonder...Rob, are you having the Rat chopped to avoid any more incidents like this?

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 10-09-2003).]

DarkRain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRainSend a Private Message to DarkRainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I'm alive (haven't posted in a LONG time... Over 9 months I think?)...

I remember this thread! Wow, it's still alive? By the way, the rat looks good...

PFF
System Bot
the need for speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2003 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for the need for speedSend a Private Message to the need for speedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thx minn green already been to his site,just wanted to know how much the silver paint job would add to the 3995.00
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2003 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET shirts, I'd definitely buy something like that!

Hint hint Minngreen!

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver
86 Pontiac Fiero GT Red/Silver

Daniel87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2003 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel87GTSend a Private Message to Daniel87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While someone is doing photoshop chops...

I wonder what a chop of a finale would look like?

Or better yet, the feature I have always wanted to see on a finale is what it would look like without those quarter panel scoops. Just a nice glass panel like on a stock fiero.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2003 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Makes me wonder...Rob, are you having the Rat chopped to avoid any more incidents like this?

Yup, getting ready to audition for F&F 3.

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2003 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Yo Archie, any update pics?

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop in progress!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully he is hard at work getting her done so we can pick her up soon not that I am not sick of driving, but that is going to be one trip that will most definitely be worth the drive!

------------------
Elvira
President, New England Fiero Association (NEFA) until Nov 2
www.fieropride.com
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (TruBlu)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:

Hopefully he is hard at work getting her done so we can pick her up soon not that I am not sick of driving, but that is going to be one trip that will most definitely be worth the drive!

No, we're just sitting around starring at the walls.

Here are a couple of pics from Friday.... to be honest they look just like the last one's I posted. A lot of what it takes to do a Chop top is little stuff like making up the triangular parts for inside the quarter windows. Not much to photograph there, there but it take a little more than a day to get them just right. Modifying the floorboards and seat rails to lower the seats take some time too & isn't all that interesting either.

It's finally time to mount the new rocker panels tomorrow so that will be a little more interesting.

BTW, I need to know if you want to leave that little GT body molding down at the bottom of the Door panels.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember Archie, "Its the little things that count." Just keep on posting away, it gets borring here from time-to-time so we need a little Pontiac Excitment, he,he.

------------------

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dunno ifthis was ased but Archie, any reason why you didnt use his fastback clip? I noticed the one on there now is/was medium metallic red
PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about how cool some lambo style doors would look on a chop top as well, but I bet with all the adjustments and frame altering it allready takes to just do the chop top part, the lambo doors would be asking a lot?

Steve

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTFiero1,
Chester's Fastback clip had some damage. So, they replaced it with the maroon one.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

dunno ifthis was ased but Archie, any reason why you didnt use his fastback clip? I noticed the one on there now is/was medium metallic red

Like 8ball said the "C" pillars on the old clip had some cracks in them and when we took the rear clip off it broke. After looking at it we decided that in the area where the "C" pillars were broken any repair would have been noticable. As luck would have it, I had a good usable rear clip on hand and I decided to use it. Rob will not be charged for the extra part nor will he be charged for the labor we had put into his rear clip before it broke.

We try to do our best for our customers and work with them when something goes wrong.

Archie

Matthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MatthianSend a Private Message to MatthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man arcihe, if i ever get an extra couple grand, im gonna send my car over to you for a few weeks and tell you to go nuts with it

also, chester, the fiero decals you have on your fenders, where did you get them? They look so cool

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

BTW, I need to know if you want to leave that little GT body molding down at the bottom of the Door panels.

Archie

Remove them please and thanks for the update Archie!

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop in progress!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Remove them please and thanks for the update Archie!

Call me about this today if you can.

Archie

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 10-09-2003).]

That pic STILL makes me shudder as I am STILL sitting in the passenger seat, staring at those rear trailer tires!

------------------
Elvira
President, New England Fiero Association (NEFA) until Nov 2
www.fieropride.com
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (TruBlu)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Elvira

933 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by Matthian:

man arcihe, if i ever get an extra couple grand, im gonna send my car over to you for a few weeks and tell you to go nuts with it

also, chester, the fiero decals you have on your fenders, where did you get them? They look so cool

Paul McKibben does all of our decals for the Rat AND the rest of our little "fleet".

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know..... you just can't rush a job like this...... It's just gotta like..... Flow off the brush.

All the little details.....all the little things that gotta be just right..... Then all of a sudden it seems lik exerything gets finished up in one day.

Got almost all of the interior back together, haven't reinstalled the seats yet...

And check out the interior "B" pillars, we make these out of fiberglass..... they look just like the originals don't they?...

& the "A" pillars

Do you wanna see the rocker install pics next?

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-17-2003).]

Matthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MatthianSend a Private Message to MatthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! those are fiberglass B pillars?

those look damm nice just like everything else you do archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matthian:

WOW! those are fiberglass B pillars?

those look damm nice just like everything else you do archie

Yeah, the "A" & "B" pillars have to be 3" lower and a different shape on the interior of the chop top. We originally did the interior panel modifications by cutting and modifying the original Fiero plastic interior pieces. That process alone would take one of my guys 3 to 4 days to get perfect & he hated doing it. Now the same guy can have them perfect in one day.

Archie

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so how about the other pics

Chester.. i dunno how to tell you this but uhhh.. i'll just come out and say it.. i think im obsessed with your car..

Is it still availible, you know single? The way fieros multiply around your place i wouldnt think so

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

so how about the other pics

Ok, how 'bout we look at the Rocker panel install?

Everytime we install a set of these rockers, I'm amazed at how easy they are to put on.

The right side here was sanded and primed before we put it on & of course the original Fiero rockers and quarter panels were removed before we mounted this. Of the next 7 pictures the total elapsed time was just 40 minutes.

No screws or anything holding it in there yet....

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Install a few screws....

Use the original connecters and trim along the top of the quarter panel..... then re-attach the inner wheel well just like it was before.

Set the car back on the floor and get ready to take some pics of what it looks like.

If there is enough interest I might show you those pics. tonight.

Archie

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update pics Archie!!! The car looks amazing! I'm looking forward to the pics tonight.

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop in progress!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you leave the ground effects on the doors? Personally i think it looks better without the ground effect on the door once you add the large ground effects under them.

matthew

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

do you leave the ground effects on the doors? Personally i think it looks better without the ground effect on the door once you add the large ground effects under them.

matthew

We had a discussion about that and I've decided to try something diffrent.

Rob D.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock