Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350155 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Smoooooth GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Yeah man, we want to see pics of the rat
Show us some new pics Arch
Please?

Are you just going thread2thread asking for pic's..?? hehehe Sowwy I had to say it!
See:
Yeah smooth, show us updated pics man
Whatcha been doing, huh?

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over the weekend another V-8 Fiero left ourshop for it's new home.

We didn't do the paint job and the customer is going to finish the interior ...... We installed the Lingenfelter LT1

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I know people are asking for pictures of Rob's car. Originally the schedule for that car was a 3 week schedule starting 2 weeks after it arrived at our place. As it turned out, we had a couple of days where we could work on it before going back to other scheduled work including Jim's car and this LT1 car.

We will rejoin Rob's car as it progresses. So stay tuned.

Here are the last pics of the LT1 car that left over the weekend.

Archie

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey archie, have you thought of having some air intake tubes made up like skitime had his done so you could place the filter near the side scoop instead of in the engine compartment for your LT1 conversions?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

hey archie, have you thought of having some air intake tubes made up like skitime had his done so you could place the filter near the side scoop instead of in the engine compartment for your LT1 conversions?

Yeah I know you're trying to help. But you know, just about anyone can make up a tube to take the air from just about anywhere you want to get it. However, that little opening in the side vent isn't going to pass enough air to directly feed a SBC.

Archie

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe you could enlarge the hole I think that if you could get enough air in there it would be a good seller, especially with the reversed intakes

The paint on that car is wild, but i think the engine is wilder! What are the specs on the lingenfelter LT1?

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is off topic but what kind of rims are those on that fiero with the wild paint job?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

I know this is off topic but what kind of rims are those on that fiero with the wild paint job?

I second that question ! Tight rims !!

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2003 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK I'm back! What a friggen week from hell. So Archie...where ARE the pics??

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop in progress!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2003 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picking up something like that has to be an unforgetable experience. Nice car getting even better

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2003 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

OK I'm back! What a friggen week from hell. So Archie...where ARE the pics??

Well you came back just in time.

We got all the welding done today and tomorrow afternoon the Glass guy will be here to install the rear window. then we final install the rear clip and the roof section and he comes back to re-install the Windshield.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2003 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Yeah I know, the wheels look great. But I can't tell you exactly what they are, I never really bothered to look. The customer had them dropped shipped to me and we put them on.

Sorry

Archie

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2003 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Well you came back just in time.

We got all the welding done today and tomorrow afternoon the Glass guy will be here to install the rear window. then we final install the rear clip and the roof section and he comes back to re-install the Windshield.

Archie

Sweet! So I didn't miss anything!

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2003 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top cause I'm impatient...

Rob D

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here, ill bump it for ya rob because like you, i also am impatient!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, on Friday the glass installer came by and installed the rear window. We then put the rear clip & the forward roof section on for the last time. Monday the glass guy comes back to reinstall Rob's windshield.

We'll also be working on installing the rocker panels on Monday & Tuesday and working on lowering the seats. Then we can put the interior back together.

As you can see the Chop Top is a very extensive modification & can't be thrown together overnight if it's going to be right.

Archie

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie...Question(s). The rear clip, I notice that the color is burgandy, are you modifing them earier so as to speed-up the progress? Or did the owner wanted to change it because of a previous damage?

Also is it possible to extend the rear clip by (8-12) inches and adding additional piece along with the rear bumper? Maybe its just me but, I think it would look good to add to the rear (like the 89 concept). The rear clip where the lights are housed could be sectioned off, molding a piece between the light housing and the cut rear. The bumper brackets could be extended or maybe metal tubing between the frame and the original bumber. Likewise for the lower rear panel. I now it sounds like a "major pipe dream" but it would be an addition to your work.

I have been thinking about this for some time now and I notice that someone on PFF is doing it now, however he is modifing the whole rear frame to house a N* with a Porshe trans axle (I think) along with the plastic rear sides. But the concept is there.
Btw...keep-up the good work.

------------------

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chester you better watch him He is makeing your car burgandy
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, I see my 4-seater I made has now pasted from me to-rod-to-you, just wondering since the topic said "What up at Archie's" so I was just wondering what was the plans for it! You know: engine swap(v8)? make it look like stock gt 4-seater? strip all the body panels and make a kit car stretch? Just want to know your ideas beause I would like to see me project/dream that I started come to a finish!
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Archie...Question(s). The rear clip, I notice that the color is burgandy, are you modifing them earier so as to speed-up the progress? Or did the owner wanted to change it because of a previous damage?

Oh oh, I know the answer to this one! There was damage on Chester's old quarter.

Archie - did the steering wheel arrive yet?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

Hey Archie, I see my 4-seater I made has now pasted from me to-rod-to-you, just wondering since the topic said "What up at Archie's" so I was just wondering what was the plans for it! You know: engine swap(v8)? make it look like stock gt 4-seater? strip all the body panels and make a kit car stretch? Just want to know your ideas beause I would like to see me project/dream that I started come to a finish!

HeHe, yeah...... Every year at the Dell's Show you guys kept telling us that your limo would be at the Dell's the next year. I know several people have started to build Fiero Limos, but I've never seen anyone driving one. They just never seem to get finished.

You can bet this one is going to get a V-8. I'm planning to put a swimming pool in the back with a full service bar.

You can plan on seeing it at the Dell's show next Spring.

Also Boomer is right about the rear clip and the new wheel did come in.

Archie

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump this sucka to the top for some more pics!

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop in progress!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can bet this one is going to get a V-8. I'm planning to put a swimming pool in the back with a full service bar.

Hmmm... wouldn't you actually want to put the pool & bar up front? The engine still needs to be in the back! LOL

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah I know, the wheels look great. But I can't tell you exactly what they are, I never really bothered to look. The customer had them dropped shipped to me and we put them on.

Sorry

Archie

Thanks anyway Archie, ...if you do by any chance happen to talk with this customer again for some reason could you please ask him about the rims ?

I am very curious !

P.S. The guy (Mike) from Dayton, whose fieros you saw while on the innerstate, is working on my fiero today. I will mention to him that you inquired about him and his place and refer him to the thread.

Take care
Tony

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A question for you Archie, how do you lower the seats? Any pictures?
the need for speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the need for speedSend a Private Message to the need for speedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey chester are u having it painted there at archies or some were else, and what color are you going to go with?
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Don't quote me on this, but I think I read before, that he basically just flattens out the floor more where the seat tracks sit.

Matt

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I show a bunch of detail on lowering the seatc in my Stinger buildup thread. See Sig. below.

Archie

BTW, I took a bunch of pics today and then left the camera and the pics at the shop when I came home.

A
------------------

The LT1 Stinger Build Thread

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-08-2003).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by the need for speed:

hey chester are u having it painted there at archies or some were else, and what color are you going to go with?

I'm going to paint it myself and don't think I'll get to it till the spring. It will go back to black.

Rob D.

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,
Elvira here... I am almost as anxious as Chester to see some new pics of his/our #1 Fiero! Anything new???

------------------
Elvira
President, New England Fiero Association (NEFA)
www.fieropride.com
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (TruBlu)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

PFF
System Bot
GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

I'm going to paint it myself and don't think I'll get to it till the spring. It will go back to black.

Rob D.

A black choptop? oh myy.. that will be soooo sharp, and a first! Ive had dark color cars in the past but the dust and water spots drove me batty! not good for anal me hehe. (one of the reasons I went white) just keep it parked in the shade I would have never gussed 4 months ago that you were going to chop yours also. Your going to love it! The OMG factor is about a 9.5 with the public, Its Indian summer here now and have had mine out a bit more,,, stopping for gas is always a intresting event with all the rubber neckers looking it over

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So where gonna have to wait till spring? Okay Archie please take a good side pic and let the photo-shop techs take it from there, he,he.

MinngreenGt, Reality are you there? Were going to need your assistance for this one.

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:

Hey Archie,
Elvira here... I am almost as anxious as Chester to see some new pics of his/our #1 Fiero! Anything new???

Well these pics are from yesterday. We got a lot more of the body work done today but late today when I went out to take pics. they had the car cover on it for the night.

Except for mounting up the rocker panels, almost all of the bodywork will be done by tomorrow.

We also got the Windshield installed on Monday.

Also, Rob: You gotta put a Shroud around this Fan..... otherwise it's just going to circulate the same air and run hot.

Archie

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I just noticed that the rat doesn't have sunroof. Not earthshattering or anything, just wow. Looks absolutely great though archie. Chester, I'm jealous.

Matt

Edit: Archie, I was looking at Fino pictures and was wondering if you've ever thought about doing a Fino Choptop...

[This message has been edited by fiero go fast (edited 10-08-2003).]

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well these pics are from yesterday. We got a lot more of the body work done today but late today when I went out to take pics. they had the car cover on it for the night.

Hmm, for a guy that uses the term "we" a lot, how come there's no pics of you actually working? j/k

Actually, I'm very impressed at how fast this is coming along!

------------------

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you know a fino chop-top would look really sweet. especially with the layed back windsheild and it lower about 2-3 inches. I think that should be your next project someone wanna photoshop that??
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update pics Archie!
I'll shroud the fan if needed.

Rob D.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

So where gonna have to wait till spring? Okay Archie please take a good side pic and let the photo-shop techs take it from there, he,he.

MinngreenGt, Reality are you there? Were going to need your assistance for this one.

Hmmm... that sounds like fun Something like this maybe?

Before:

After:

Hmmm... just dropped this one into the "Spy Pics" Topic... figured it might be humorous to drop in here as well.

Time for some new shirts Archie?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 10-09-2003).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The photo-shop Choptop is looking pretty sweet MinngreenGT. After seing it photo-shop, the question is: Can Chester wait until spring to paint it now?

Thanks Archie for keeping this thread alive!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock