Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 71)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350155 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
OneQuickGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"life is too short to spend 5 years on a 1 year project"

To some, like myself, it's the project that gives me all the satisfaction and enjoyment.

Once completed, or as I prefer to say (Just bored with it)
I feel bummed, and need to start something else, this has always been, and always be the way it is for me.

I almost always sell my project right after it's "finished" and start something new.

IP: Logged
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85red2m6:

I've been hearing stories for a year or so (locally), about an 87(?) GT that was sent to your shop from up here in Alberta, to have a N*SC/F40 conversion...

Anthony

Its not my 87GT your source was thinking about is it? Only purple monkey dishwasher parts are that its not s/c, I don't have an F40, I'm a couple provinces over and if it was sent to archies the car would be done by now.. haha

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another happy customer !

The kits are popping up these days like popcorn.

Archie with the success of the Mad Arch kit, and your collaboration with Curly, any chance you guys throw your heads together and come up with some cool new kits, noses, bumpers or such (hint, hint, nudge, nudge ) ??

I think you guys have just tickled the surface of what you could come up with, and did i mention sell ?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I like this one a lot. I'm partial to the colour scheme but I like how its simple and not overdone. Looks very modern and aggressive. Great work.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice...I'd go with a smaller deck vent, but very nice.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another happy customer !

Pop, pop !!

New word, yet another kit has been ordered.

Wow !

I better get to tweeking.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-12-2012).]

Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YEPPERS !! that'd be MEEEE !!! gotta deposit on Amida's 512 nose as well ................pics to come !

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie you have a PM
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I will be in a position to get back in the game by summer, but I will be looking for something more towards the finished side as I have very little time to work on cars right now... we will see what is available in a few months
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Looks like I will be in a position to get back in the game by summer, but I will be looking for something more towards the finished side as I have very little time to work on cars right now... we will see what is available in a few months

Sweet !

Check your PM, sent you a lead or two.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are Lambo door kits still for sale? I've found a local body shop willing to install them. Thanks.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Are Lambo door kits still for sale? I've found a local body shop willing to install them. Thanks.

We don't have any of the hinges in stock.

When we did the Lambo door kits, we used the VDI Universal kit & modified them to change some of the geometry to bring the piviot point out a little & modified the hinges to make them a bolt on for the Fiero. Once we had all of that figured out on the 1st hinge, we made tooling & fixtures so we could make a group of hinges that were all the same.

We still have all the tooling but to set up the tooling & make just one set would be too expensive. We figure that we need to make them in gorups of 5 to be able to keep the price in line & make a dollar too.

If we had a group of 5 or more people who wanted these hinges, we could do them.

I have also sent you a PM.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

I am sure there are probably some out there who might jump on this, what would be the price for those interested ?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

I am sure there are probably some out there who might jump on this, what would be the price for those interested ?

you would be correct! how much for a set if you get 5? assuming they are bolt on all-tho id weld them too
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

you would be correct! how much for a set if you get 5? assuming they are bolt on all-tho id weld them too

I'd have to find the thread for the last tim we did them but I think they were $1300.00 par set plus incomming & out going shipping.

We'd need about 50% down.

If we can come up with 5 or more people that want to do it then we'll make another group of them.

Archie
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'd have to find the thread for the last tim we did them but I think they were $1300.00 par set plus incomming & out going shipping.

We'd need about 50% down.

If we can come up with 5 or more people that want to do it then we'll make another group of them.

Archie

hmmmm I will have to see if its in this years budget, I already have a bumper, hood and paint in mind for the year. I guess I should throw a grand at the corvette this year too its lookin a bit mad at me keeping it out in the snow hehehe!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 02-06-2012).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a set. Is that 3 people now?
hyphynator1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyphynator1984Send a Private Message to hyphynator1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is the name of those wheels?? and what how much was spent in total for the body kit, wheels and modifications?? im really interested in ordering a kit and i just wanna know how much money i will be needing to make my car look like this, well not exactly the same but around the same lines.

thanks.

Another happy customer !

Archie with the success of the Mad Arch kit, and your collaboration with Curly, any chance you guys throw your heads together and come up with some cool new kits, noses, bumpers or such (hint, hint, nudge, nudge ) ??

I think you guys have just tickled the surface of what you could come up with, and did i mention sell ?

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This looks really good. I actually like the MadArch kit better on notchbacks than on fastbacks!

------------------

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

This looks really good. I actually like the MadArch kit better on notchbacks than on fastbacks!

I think you may be right, especially on non-chopped fieros, the notchies have a definate edge.

However when they are chopped i think the GT moves back ahead. (totally unbiased hehehe)

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wheels are a thing of beauty
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

Did anyone tell Curley this?

I think he missed that memo! LOL
2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hyphynator'

"what is the name of those wheels?? and what how much was spent in total for the body kit, wheels and modifications?? im really interested in ordering a kit and i just wanna know how much money i will be needing to make my car look like this, well not exactly the same but around the same lines."

The wheels are Avant Guarde m310 18X8" Front and 19x11" rears.
The total cost of the kit and wheels was almost 5K, that's not including any labor. I did the install minus the rear deck scoop, and had a friend paint it. That cost about 800.00, paint /labor. I was able to save for this conversion when I went to Iraq last year for a Mobilization for the Air Force.

Other mods, 4.9 Cadillac v8 with 4T60 auto, RX-7 calipers and cross drilled and slotted 12" rotors.

Rear Suspension was changed out for Pontiac 6000 spindles and hubs.

Shaun

------------------
85 Notchback 4.9 4T60E
88GT 3800SC ZZP NIC F23

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the latest news is??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's about time for an orange invasion !
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest news is.....

We got another new LS3 crate engine in......

to put in this car......

Archie
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I'm sorry but that is just sacriledge... a chevy engine in a Ford GT40..... I am sure it will haul ass but that is just wrong for me. Wonder what a Ford coyote 5.0 would do in that bad boy... Good luck on another cool build Archie. Peace

Pete
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Now I'm sorry but that is just sacriledge... a chevy engine in a Ford GT40..... I am sure it will haul ass but that is just wrong for me. Wonder what a Ford coyote 5.0 would do in that bad boy... Good luck on another cool build Archie. Peace

Pete

I am sure Archie is not interested in building a new kit and spending money and time on RnD. But as much as I like my Chevy V8 the Ford V8s with a nice exhaust do sound better
But then who installs an engine for just the sound
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL.... the way I see it, sacriledge would be putting a Ford engine in a GM chassis.

Archie

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Pete

Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...sacriledge would be putting a Ford engine in a GM chassis.

Archie

Can I get an Amen?
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amen.
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pistons know no logos.

Put in whatever works.. (including a Flux capacitor and a Mr. Fusion that creates 1.21 Jiggawatts)

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2012 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:
Put in whatever works.. (including a Flux capacitor and a Mr. Fusion that creates 1.21 Jiggawatts)

It's Gigawatts.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

It's Gigawatts.

It's jiggawatts, it's part of the meme.

Giga watts, is a real physics term, and not used in meme form.

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie;

I remember you said you pulled these panels from a real Mark I GT40. Is there a difference in the wheelbase between the Mark I and the Fiero? If so, did you make up he difference in the engine framing you built behind the cockpit?

Great build. Looking forward to seeing some more updates.

Thanks
Don
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Archie;

I remember you said you pulled these panels from a real Mark I GT40. Is there a difference in the wheelbase between the Mark I and the Fiero? If so, did you make up he difference in the engine framing you built behind the cockpit?

Great build. Looking forward to seeing some more updates.

Thanks
Don

The panels were pulled froma real GT40 but I, personally didn't pull them.

The Gt40 was a 95" WB, we moved the shock towers back.

BTW, the scoops in the front clip are not "true" to an early GT40, we added them because that's what people think all GT40's had.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Chris was over at the beginning of last week & we got some pics of the 2 White MadArch ChopTops together.

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would love to see any pictures from the F40 project with the HRE 505's if you have them...

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie;

I was just in Detroit on the weekend and we went to the Ford museum out in Dearborn. I think I might have found out about your front nose shape vs. The racing versions everyone tends to know about. The museum had a Mark IV there and the info board in front of it talked about the Marks I to III. it also had the mid 60's Mustang prototype on display.

The prototype info said that the original GT40 prototype used the same nose shape as the mustang prototype but in testing, the nose shape turned into a bit of a wing and made the front light under speed. The engineers scrapped the front nose shape to replace it with what we all see on all the GT40's out there.

A bit of trivia for you.

Cheers
Don

The panels were pulled froma real GT40 but I, personally didn't pull them.

The Gt40 was a 95" WB, we moved the shock towers back.

BTW, the scoops in the front clip are not "true" to an early GT40, we added them because that's what people think all GT40's had.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Archie;

I was just in Detroit on the weekend and we went to the Ford museum out in Dearborn. I think I might have found out about your front nose shape vs. The racing versions everyone tends to know about. The museum had a Mark IV there and the info board in front of it talked about the Marks I to III. it also had the mid 60's Mustang prototype on display.

The prototype info said that the original GT40 prototype used the same nose shape as the mustang prototype but in testing, the nose shape turned into a bit of a wing and made the front light under speed. The engineers scrapped the front nose shape to replace it with what we all see on all the GT40's out there.

A bit of trivia for you.

Cheers
Don

That's right, the early few cars had the short nose where the nose ends at the front edge of headlight covers.

The solution to the nose getting light was to extend the nose out beyond the headlight covers. As it is in most all of the pics you see of the GT40's & GT40 replicas.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-20-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock