Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 70)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350155 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Archie,

I'm wondering if you have a lip spoiler similar to the one you're fitting to the fastbacks available for the notchbacks
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Hello Archie,

I'm wondering if you have a lip spoiler similar to the one you're fitting to the fastbacks available for the notchbacks

Sorry, no we don't.

when we were building my Notchie WideBody, we looked at seeing if the one we have would work on it but it would have taken too much modification to it.

Archie
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Hello Archie,

Call me I have an idea
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

On several of the WideBodies, including my White notchie ChopTop WideBody, we've moved the lock location down 1.5" so that it will still be functional

To do this, we put a 2nd hole in the door panel.....

Then we take the original door lock mounting .....

and modify it to remount the lock lower....

Archie

Archie
Thanks a lot for sharing this
If you don't mind me asking,
do you have to modify the rod that connects the cylinder to the latch ?
and
Do you modify the impact beam ?
when I was looking at mine, looks like there is not a lot of room .

Again, thanks a lot, I really apreciate it

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Archie
Thanks a lot for sharing this
If you don't mind me asking,
do you have to modify the rod that connects the cylinder to the latch ?
and
Do you modify the impact beam ?
when I was looking at mine, looks like there is not a lot of room .

Again, thanks a lot, I really apreciate it

Yeah, you have to modify the top of the beam a little bit.

You do not have to modify the rod.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
cornersonrails, We'll have this back together sometime tomorrow, give me a call tomorrow if you can.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, Thanks for doing the walk around with the camera. She looks Sick!!! I you guys for another outstanding creation. I''lll be wanting to bring her back by after she gets paint on her for maybe a few more pics

What a difference.

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 11-03-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the car cornersonrails! Can't wait to see it in paint, not sure if I missed it, but what color are you going with? Looks sweet, good job Archie and crew!

I know its not my car, but I can't help but throw my .02 in, so take it or leave it, Click to show

heh heh^ never used those tags before, had to try them out.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie you have a PM ...

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com
My LED marker kit

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 weeks & it's off to paint.......

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice. The MadArch widebody kit is the best Fiero kit on the market. Hey Archie, before Cornersonallrails picks-up his chopper can you take a couple of pics with #021 and #024 together side-by-side and front/rear pics.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice. The MadArch widebody kit is the best Fiero kit on the market. Hey Archie, before Cornersonallrails picks-up his chopper can you take a couple of pics with #021 and #024 together side-by-side and front/rear pics.

You were a minute late.

LOL
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You were a minute late.

LOL

Nice. The headlights have modernized the Fiero's apperance, yet it maintains the true Fiero look and style. Great job Archie. Oh yeah, great "hand in pocket cold" pose, hehe.

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Congrats on the car cornersonrails! Can't wait to see it in paint, not sure if I missed it, but what color are you going with? Looks sweet, good job Archie and crew!

Thanks, Car will be white with pearl I'm thinking. Maybe a little black also.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job !
I am looking forwar to seeing the car with paint

Archie
The white one looks really good.
what car is that color from ?
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These pics really have me jonesing to get back in the game...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Please do. We miss you!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey so I am thinking of selling my Archie rockers and moving into the widebody kit this coming april, Archie do you sell the flared front fenders as well? I dont remember seeing them on your site. also can you tell me how far from the lower rear frame rail to the outside lip of the new rear wideboby fender is? I want to order the right wheel adapters right away when I throw my v-dub 18's on the car this spring. Also, how far from the front frame rail is the flared fenders on the cars that have the fronts flared as well? I need to know in case i need to buy two sizes of adapters.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

That is what i am talking about !!
PFF
System Bot
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie can you tell me more about the back-up lights on the chopped notchie? Are they something you made or is there a part number ?
Thanks
Gary

[This message has been edited by GKDINC (edited 11-13-2011).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Hey so I am thinking of selling my Archie rockers and moving into the widebody kit this coming april, Archie do you sell the flared front fenders as well? I dont remember seeing them on your site. also can you tell me how far from the lower rear frame rail to the outside lip of the new rear wideboby fender is? I want to order the right wheel adapters right away when I throw my v-dub 18's on the car this spring. Also, how far from the front frame rail is the flared fenders on the cars that have the fronts flared as well? I need to know in case i need to buy two sizes of adapters.

Yes, we are doing the MadArch WideBody front fenders too. On the web site they are mentioned in the Text http://v8archie.com/v8Archie/Prod12.htm & are shown in the pictures of completed cars.

I don't have measurements from the frame rails but I do have numbers from the hubs Front & Rear.

If I can get over to the shop today, I'll retreve those numbers for you. I have a road trip to take tomorrow, so it could be Tuesday before I get them posted.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Great job !
I am looking forwar to seeing the car with paint

Archie
The white one looks really good.
what car is that color from ?

Sorry, I can't really tell you.

I wanted something that was a really bright White.

My paint supplier called it Airplane White. I call it Cement truck White.

Either way, I'm really happy with it.

I'll try to find a paint code for it this week.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-13-2011).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:
Archie can you tell me more about the back-up lights on the chopped notchie? Are they something you made or is there a part number ?
Thanks
Gary

Read page 69 of this thread

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com
My LED marker kit

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Painted!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Painted!!

WOW! More pics please. Entertain me with your beautiful car.
custom made dreams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for custom made dreamsSend a Private Message to custom made dreamsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that is the best kit you have ever posted. I looooooooooove that one
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie,.......What's up ??
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by custom made dreams:

Wow that is the best kit you have ever posted. I looooooooooove that one

Is that a Fiero? Just kiddin, another great car out of your shop!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Is that a Fiero? Just kiddin, another great car out of your shop!

We thank you.

Originally posted by exoticse:

Hey Archie,.......What's up ??

Not much, just building an F-40 "Kit Car"

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-22-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Over a month without any new shop pics posted to this thread.......something super secret must be brewing.......

Jim
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Please, post some pictures

I like to see what you are woking on
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie ever think about adding some LED style strip lights to your headlights ?

Would give it a nice modern, exotic touch.

85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Archie,

I have a question for you, pertaining to a project that may or may not have been done by your shop somewhat recently...

I've been hearing stories for a year or so (locally), about an 87(?) GT that was sent to your shop from up here in Alberta, to have a N*SC/F40 conversion...
Now my source is reasonably reliable, in most cases, but has been known to tell Fish Stories on occasion, and I was just wondering if you could/would confirm/deny these stories I've been listening to...?

Anthony

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero SE Targa - 3.8SC - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily beaten driver
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC donor for 85 Targa

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85red2m6:

Hi Archie,

I have a question for you, pertaining to a project that may or may not have been done by your shop somewhat recently...

I've been hearing stories for a year or so (locally), about an 87(?) GT that was sent to your shop from up here in Alberta, to have a N*SC/F40 conversion...
Now my source is reasonably reliable, in most cases, but has been known to tell Fish Stories on occasion, and I was just wondering if you could/would confirm/deny these stories I've been listening to...?

Anthony

Don't believe everything you hear. We don't do NStar swaps.

Archie
85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol, OK, fair enough,,, Thanks

2nd question... I was talking to Dave (bmwguru) briefly about an F40 swap he did, and he'd mentioned that he had used one of your kits to do it... I'm looking (down the road) at using the F40 in my Targa with the 3800, and I was just wondering if you had any Idea what modifications would be required (other than the flywheel) to your kit in order to fit the 3800?
Dave mentioned that he'd had to mod some of it, but didn't mention what...
------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero SE Targa - 3.8SC - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily beaten driver
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC donor for 85 Targa

[This message has been edited by 85red2m6 (edited 12-26-2011).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85red2m6:

lol, OK, fair enough,,, Thanks

2nd question... I was talking to Dave (bmwguru) briefly about an F40 swap he did, and he'd mentioned that he had used one of your kits to do it... I'm looking (down the road) at using the F40 in my Targa with the 3800, and I was just wondering if you had any Idea what modifications would be required (other than the flywheel) to your kit in order to fit the 3800?
Dave mentioned that he'd had to mod some of it, but didn't mention what...

Yes Dave used some of my parts for his 6 speed swap.

The 6 speed kit we have that will work with the 3800sc is the same kit that we use on any other engine. None of our 6 speed kits supply the flywheel. I have the 6 speed kits designed so that you can use the same F/W that you would use if you were installing your engine choice in a stick shift car using a Fiero transmission. The only difference between kits for various engines is the Intermediate shaft bearing mount. I have a customer who was installing a 6 speed in his Olds. Trofeo & he brought me his 3800sc & we designed an Intermediate shaft bearing mount for that engine.

As you can see, the mount uses the 3 motor mount holes in the side of the block. When Dave (& everyone else who has bought this mount) called to buy it, I explained that if the 3800sc mounts that you are using use those same holes, then one of the mounts (Engine mount or Intermediate shaft mount) is going to have to be modified. If your 3800sc mounts don't use these 3 holes then you're good to go.

Dave chose to modify the Intermediate shaft mount. I know that he posted some pics of the modification up in one of his threads. He didn't mention in that post that we had talked, in advance, about the fact that he may need to modify it. But we did.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-27-2011).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie ever think about adding some LED style strip lights to your headlights ?

Would give it a nice modern, exotic touch.

Acutally, I thought about it but only briefly. I bought a pair of straight line LED's when we were working on my car but I decided not to install them. I like the straight line LED's like Troy & Curley are using but I'm not really a big fan of the LED's you see on some of the Audi's etc. that go out & curl around. To me they look like Christmas decorations.

On every car that you build you have to come to a point sometime where you have to say that it's done. If you keep tweeking on top of tweeking, you'll never get the car done. You know, an engineering professor told me one time that the reason engineers have to have a supervisors is because that is the only way they know when they're done. An engineer will just keep on refining a project until someone comes along & takes his pencil away.

Put some paint on it & drive it. Enjoy it, life is too short to spend 5 years on a 1 year project.

Archie
Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On every car that you build you have to come to a point sometime where you have to say that it's done. If you keep tweeking on top of tweeking, you'll never get the car done.

Archie

Did anyone tell Curley this?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock