Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 63)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350159 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Hello Archie
Got a question for ya ..... I noticed the GBCT got a set of Kahines style corvette tail lights. Can you tell me what you do with the old fastback tail lights? I've been searching for a good L/H tail light for almost a year now.

I think you're talking about the Red one (Chop Top #13). Those tail lights were in the car when I got it years ago.

I don't have any "good" tail light assemblies here.

Sorry

Archie
IP: Logged
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Took you forever...

No, it only took a day to do it.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
No, it only took a day to do it.

Glad to hear that. I'm sure you will have lots of demand for that G6 (F40) 3800 kit if the price is right. May want to advertise it on the 3800 forums.

EDIT:
Where did that 3800 come out from? That has coils near plug coils on it. To my knowledge no 3800 was release in the US with that. Wonder if it is either a Holden or maybe a Canadian engine?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 12-07-2009).]

Fierobsessed

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noticed that too, but I found this:

http://www.theautoshop.net/TrofeoEngine2.htm
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

Noticed that too, but I found this:

Pretty good, you found him.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some people will like this & some won't, but we updated the decklid area by installing one of our rear spoilers & removed the wing.

As a spiritual owner of the GBCT I have a keen interest in it as well. My car was built as a homage to the Great Blue Chop Top, but I see now their paths are diverging a bit. I intend to keep my 5 inch tall spoiler, as I find it has better visibility.

Dave, do you intend to lower it in the back with the coilovers? I always liked the way it was taller in the back, kind of old school with that look.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Dave, do you intend to lower it in the back with the coil-overs? I always liked the way it was taller in the back, kind of old school with that look.

Yes....there are coil-overs on the back now. I am dropping it a little, I can aways take it back up if I don't like it. I still haven't decided if I will change the wheels or not. I like the look of a 17" in front and 18" in back. I won't go bigger then 18's all around.
I think the car is ready to pick up, I need to call Archie to find out for sure.......last time I talked to him I asked him to get it aligned up there for me.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Glad to hear that. I'm sure you will have lots of demand for that G6 (F40) 3800 kit if the price is right. May want to advertise it on the 3800 forums.

EDIT:
Where did that 3800 come out from? That has coils near plug coils on it. To my knowledge no 3800 was release in the US with that. Wonder if it is either a Holden or maybe a Canadian engine?

"Next the 2000 Chevy Vortec 5300 coils had to be installed. Luckily, the used coils came with the stock brackets, which could be heavily modified to fit on the 3800."

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update on Chop Top #26

http://www.kodakgallery.com...383338308:1140933000

Archie

Nice, love the paint job.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Nice, love the paint job.

Yeah, I like the sunroof paintjob.

He's not active on the Internet but I know he still plans to lower the car.

I'd like to see better pics of the paint they did. Hopefully, he'll send me some more pics when he gets the car outside in the light.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie i am still curious,..how the heck did he find out about choptops or your shop without the net ??
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe he saw Archie's SuperBowl commercial.
...or was that Budweiser?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Archie i am still curious,..how the heck did he find out about choptops or your shop without the net ??

I said he's not active on the Internet, but he isn't dead.

Remember back in the olden days when car guys used to interact via Car Shows, Club newsletters, magazines, telephone, word of mouth etc.

That stuff is still going on.

In the old days, if you wanted to insult someone, you had to be man enough do it to his face. Now, thanks to the Internet, you can hide behind a keyboard & insult people you don't even know or have never even met.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-23-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In the old days, if you wanted to insult someone, you had to be man enough do it to his face. Now, thanks to the Internet, you can hide behind a keyboard & insult people you don't even know or have never even met.

Archie

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice looking Fiero, job well done. #26 That is
Gary

[This message has been edited by GKDINC (edited 12-23-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update on Chop Top #26

http://www.kodakgallery.com...383338308:1140933000

Archie

Interesting and different... nice job.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here's a question or 2. I read in another thread that there was some info in this thread about the F40 6 spd. I can't find it but I'm also half blind and dislexic. Here's a question. What do I need to put a F40 6 spd in my 86 Coupe? I already have the Archie kit installed with a carbed 350 and a 4 spd. Is it a matter of clutch and axles? Mounts too? Shifter I'm sure. Maybe some shift cables? Or is it more entailed? Going to the Archie web site to get educated. Thanks in advance.

Doh..... Never mind I found my answers on the website.

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 01-04-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey, Archie. Any V8's [swaps] cookin' at the shop?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my customers EMailed me a few days ago.

He said that his V-8 Fiero is going to be on the Speed Channel's Power Block Gearz TV show in March.

I don't know which weekend it'll be on but I'll post up when I fond out.

Archie
DandRauto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question:

To paint the glass Sun/moon roof panel does the glass have to be etched before you paint it? What is the process?

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-25-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One of my customers EMailed me a few days ago.

He said that his V-8 Fiero is going to be on the Speed Channel's Power Block Gearz TV show in March.

I don't know which weekend it'll be on but I'll post up when I fond out.

Archie

I have always loved watching your shop's work being done. Power Block is a great time just to sit back, relax, and watch some car shows. It will be nice to see an Archie creation on a screen that is not attached to a keyboard.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DandRauto:

Question:

To paint the glass Sun/moon roof panel does the glass have to be etched before you paint it? What is the process?

I don't know the process, but I do know that a couple of years ago GM announced that they (& some major paint company) had worked out an etching process.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie the car looks totally amazing,..but out of curiousity did the owner ever discuss or consider trying to replicate the recent Muira Concept Car ?

Would the body design have been too far off from the kit ?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie the car looks totally amazing,..but out of curiousity did the owner ever discuss or consider trying to replicate the recent Muira Concept Car ?

No, that isn't what he wanted.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie did ya get my PM concerning the electric water pump and my request?

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Archie, I'm bored. Does your camera work? Please, amuse me with you're talented fiberglass skills and LS engine swaps.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF Roadster is up for sale on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...tZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally getting back to work on some of my own stuff.

Working on ChopTop #21.........

There has been a lot of talk in various threads about how a MadArch WideBody wouldn't look good on a Notchie. I'm one of the people that was of that opinion.

If I could Photoshop, I'd Photoshop a Cho onto Chucks WideBody Notchie. But, I'm no good at Photoshop, so we kinda mocked it up today.

What do you all think?

Should I do it?

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go Archie.

I don't think it looks bad at all, but the fastback definatly looks better. I faced this same dilemma and am glad i made the decision i did.

On the flip side no one has done it yet, so that would be a first.

My vote is fastback.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-29-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here ya go Archie.

I don't think it looks bad at all, but the fastback definatly looks better. I faced this same dilemma and am glad i made the decision i did.

On the flip side no one has done it yet, so that would be a first.

My vote is fastback.

Thanks for the input & the Photoshop.

I'm also looking for someone who makes a Fiberglass GT front bumper who would like to have it displayed on the front of ChopTop #21.

Archie
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it will help... Here are a few pics of the two wide bodies together...

Sorry if the angles are not perfect... these are just a few snap shots when i had both of the cars outside at the same time...
Chuck
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can say that is just ****ING BADASH.... Great Job Archie...
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Show off
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Show off

I was thinking more like what an embarrasment of riches !! hehehe

No sweat chuck i think we are all just jealous.

Archie both will look great, there is no wrong decision on this one !
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie both will look great, there is no wrong decision on this one !

Boy I'm glad you said that because we're already started.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweeeet !

More please !!
blkpearl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep up the work Archie, it will look good also.

Question: what is the latest on a Chop Top kit being introduced? We have some folks here in San Diego who would love to do a chop top here, and also order the MadArch Widebody kit. Any new developments with this.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chop Top kits are now available //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/052650.html

The MadArch WideBody kit is on my web site http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/Prod12.htm

Archie

Originally posted by blkpearl:

Keep up the work Archie, it will look good also.

Question: what is the latest on a Chop Top kit being introduced? We have some folks here in San Diego who would love to do a chop top here, and also order the MadArch Widebody kit. Any new developments with this.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock