Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 62)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350161 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Very cool !

I am a buckeye too ! Archie if you can find out what part of ohio he is from.

What other body mods does he have planned and what color is he going to paint it ?

Let him know we would all like to see the final product when he is done. Very nice car. Curious also,...how did he find out about your shop and choptops without the net ?

BTW congrats again on the windows,..they look awesome !

Thanks

He's up in the Toledo area.

Archie
IP: Logged
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Someone had asked for some detail pics of Chop Top #13

Archie
So here they are, I also have some video of it I'll post to UTube tonight.

Archie
Nebiros88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Do you have any pictures of the modifications to the right strut tower - in order to fit the LS3? Looking for an empty engine bay shot focused on the right strut tower after modifications have been made. Thanks
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Someone had asked for some detail pics of Chop Top #13

Archie
So here they are, I also have some video of it I'll post to UTube tonight.

Archie

Wow, that car is so beautiful. Great work Archie!

--Will

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Wow, that car is so beautiful. Great work Archie!

--Will

Thanks, but a lot of people were involved in getting the car to this point.

Archie
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2009 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just gorgeous! The lines of #13 are so smooth, and clean. Thank you for posting up the pics. I never use others cars as my screen saver.......until now.

Tony
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure has came a long way.

well done.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:

Sure has came a long way.

well done.

It sure has.

Good to see you're still around.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
It's Halloween, is everybody ready?

Archie
Wilky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WilkySend a Private Message to WilkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TRICK ER TREAT
Holds his bag out hoping for a sweet chopped LS7 Fiero
PFF
System Bot
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stunning picture, and I'm not exaggerating. What camera was this taken with?
James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never really been a fan of flushmounts, but that looks great!

------------------
James

RHD 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

Stunning picture, and I'm not exaggerating. What camera was this taken with?

Wow, I thought nobody would ever say that to me. Thank You very much.

For an example of how bad my pictures are.......I've had people complain that the pictures on my web site were too fuzzy & they couldn't make copise of my parts becuase of that.

I just bought this camera, it's a Nikon Coolpix L100.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by James_GT:

I've never really been a fan of flushmounts, but that looks great!

Those aren't flushmounts in the typicall "Fiero" sense of the term. They're not some cheap bucket with a plastic cover.

They are NSX-R headlights formed & fitted right down into the bumper & hood.

You can read about it starting here //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000047-7.html

Thanks

Archie

Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For an example of how bad my pictures are.......I've had people complain that the pictures on my web site were too fuzzy & they couldn't make copise of my parts becuase of that.

I just bought this camera, it's a Nikon Coolpix L100.

Archie

You're welcome.
Well I guess since they couldn't copy your parts, I'd consider that a mixed blessing!

I really like it though. That camera was a good investment; the picture looks like something a DSLR camera would've captured (I'm a Canon fanboy).
A really nice picture!
Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

That looks good.

best looking spoiler i've seen, yet...

------------------
"Be not led astray, bretheren beloved..." -James 1:16.

Thanks, Danyel, for the graphic.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr_jacob7:

That looks good.

best looking spoiler i've seen, yet...

It fits all GT's, WideBody or not.

Archie
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's Halloween, is everybody ready?

Archie

Looks like you were ready with your pumpkin out front lol

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Archie,

Do you have any pictures of the modifications to the right strut tower - in order to fit the LS3? Looking for an empty engine bay shot focused on the right strut tower after modifications have been made. Thanks

*bump*
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried to post a link to the tail light panel webpage but it didn't work
It was pretty easy to find with google.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

Why do you ask?

The only modification we do to the right side strut tower is removing the old Dog Bone mount to make clearance for the oil filler on the valve cover.

I don't have a empty engine compartment shot of that but you can see it from the top. Note that the Coil Cover is not on in this picture.

We also turn the intake manifold around to put the T.B. above the transmission. Otherwise the T.B. would interfere heavily with the strut tower.

Archie
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks... I asked because I have been looking into my next project. Back in 2004 I had a 3800 swap performed by Loyde. That car has since been sold and I have picked up another fiero to build. The LS3 and other LS motors are of great interest to me as I am a GM tech and can get great deals on crate motors. I was looking for pictures because the v8s I have seen around locally all have the pulleys extremely close to the strut, so close in fact that they had to go to coilovers just to avoid having the pulleys hit the strut.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks... I asked because I have been looking into my next project. Back in 2004 I had a 3800 swap performed by Loyde. That car has since been sold and I have picked up another fiero to build. The LS3 and other LS motors are of great interest to me as I am a GM tech and can get great deals on crate motors. I was looking for pictures because the v8s I have seen around locally all have the pulleys extremely close to the strut, so close in fact that they had to go to coilovers just to avoid having the pulleys hit the strut.

Hmmmm, I've put coilovers on Fieros several times but never because anything on the engine interfered with the stock suspension.

On the LS engines, there is a notch on inside of the right side frame rail to clear the larger LSx H.B.P. but no mods to the strut tower.

Keep in mind that once I sell a kit, I lose all control about how exactly it's put together. Some individual builders don't follow my instructions completely or decide that they're going to assemble it a little differently than I instruct them to do. But I can't think of a situation where coilovers would be required for clearance.

Hope that helps

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GBCT w/o the B for now

Dave call me.

Archie
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool! What all has been done to the GBCT?

------------------

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, thanks for posting the pic's of the spoiler on the GBCT.
it looks great
D.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its the GMCCT right now...Multi-Colored!
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Not much I just had Archie give it that great multi-colored paint job.

New windows all around
new Archie rockers
new hood with Warber hood vents
new fiberglass A,B pillers and headliner
coil-overs in the rear
Rear deck lid spoiler
Repair-replace any body panels that needed work
600HP turbo lt1 with 6 speed................not really just checking if you were reading the list.
anything else that Archie and crew felt it needed to bring it up to today's standard.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mostly an update & a refurb.... a lot of the stuff on a Chop Top has evolved over the years.

We put in the Fiberglass ChopTop interior "A" & "B" pillar trim to replace the modified plastic pc.s that we used to use.

We removed the old IRM rocker panels & put on a set of ours. That eliminates the over sized round moldings of the IRM pcs. in favor of the ability to use the stock moldings with our panels.

We replaced the front fenders mainly because the mounting of the old rockers required modifications to the stock front fenders that the new rockers can't work with. The old rockers had mounting studs on the back side in the areas where the moldings were. So when we switched back to out rockers (that use the stock moldings) it was easier to use new fenders that is would have been to return the Blue front fenders to stock condition.

We put one of our Fiberglass headliners in it & covered it with new headliner material

You'll remember that this was the 1st car with the Warber Scoop in the hood. This is the car that it was developed on. It was originally fabricated from scratch. We now make the Warber Scoops from a mold we made. So we put a new hood on the car with a new Warbe Scoop.

We replaced the rear clip because it was cheaper to replace it then rework the old rear clip. Also we wanted to eliminate the "dip", that was in the 1st few ChopTops, right behind the sunroof.

We made new 1/4 windows for it. They're not installed right now because Dave is going to take the car to be painted before installing the windows.

We replaced the 3 pc. rear window with a new one pc. window.

We re-did the small triangles (behind the mirrors) mostly because those have improved over the years & this was a re-furb so we updated them too.

Remembering that the GBCT was originally built as a one of a kind, we also rewelded the top back on because our methods of doing the top was improved when we built the 2nd Chop Top.

We replaced the triangle trim pcs. inside the 1/4 windows because we now them out of a fiberglass mold now days.

Some people will like this & some won't, but we updated the decklid area by installing one of our rear spoilers & removed the wing.

We put on a set of Chuck's brake caliper covers.

We put rear adjustable coil-overs so that we can bring down the rear end of the car if we want.

I think that's about it.

Archie

edit to add......... looks like Dave also answered this question while I was typing this up.

It's like a brotherhood here. You me & Dave are the only ones that have owned the GBCT, so it's fitting that we both answered your question.

Also needed to add that this is the 1st car that had the glass Chop Top windows put in.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-19-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new shoes in order ??

A possible recommendation.

http://superbuytires.com/HP...t%205/?finish=Silver

simlair style, but these have a lip and the machined style rivets.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-19-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, do you still have that rear clip that I sold you? I think you should make a chop out of it!

~Tyler
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you both for anwering my questions. Its been a lot of fun seeing the updates.

I liked the old spoiler, but the new one looks a lot more updated I have to say.

Will is still be blue after paint?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:

Hey Archie, do you still have that rear clip that I sold you? I think you should make a chop out of it!

~Tyler

Yes i do.

A
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Will is still be blue after paint?

I hope so.

I'm pretty sure he has plans to keep it Blue.

He did have these caliper covers made for it, So I think he's keeping it Blue.

Archie
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right you are.....I should have though of that!

Are you working on any other secret "personal" projects....like the Stinger, Pff Roadster, V8 Solstice???

What are you driving these days?

Also, what did you do with the original Warber hood parts? Is it hanging on the wall somewhere?

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 11-20-2009).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a customer who is swapping a 3800sc & a 6 speed into his '88 Olds Trofeo.

A week or so ago, he dropped off his engine & transmission so we could design & build an Intermediate shaft mount for him.

So now we have the parts for the 6 speed mounted to the 3800sc.

He has some parts from another application to take care of the oil filter location.

Here's some before & after pics.

after

Archie
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

HEY!! He'll love the extra pwr in his OLDS!!.... I drove an 88 Trofeo into the ground, my first nice car actually.. Had 60,000 on the clock, and drove that sucker till the computer went out... Those are some nice looking cars, and heck mine was pretty quick, can't imagine what 80 or more hp's are gonna deliver, lol......

Small world......

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Archie
Got a question for ya ..... I noticed the GBCT got a set of Kahines style corvette tail lights. Can you tell me what you do with the old fastback tail lights? I've been searching for a good L/H tail light for almost a year now.

------------------

The Black Widow Site

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a customer who is swapping a 3800sc & a 6 speed into his '88 Olds Trofeo.

A week or so ago, he dropped off his engine & transmission so we could design & build an Intermediate shaft mount for him.

So now we have the parts for the 6 speed mounted to the 3800sc.

He has some parts from another application to take care of the oil filter location.

Here's some before & after pics.
Archie

Took you forever...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock