Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 60)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350161 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'd like to finish my chop top this year & finish my GT40.

The restoration of the GBCT is going very well. As you know the GBCT was chopped a bit differently than the chops after that. Rob Kris are pretty fussy in just about everything thay do, so we decided to upgrade the chop on the GBCT to current levels.

Archie

The GBCT seems like a perfect candidate for a Mad Arch wide body kit. If you've gone this far, might as well keep on going... unless you want to hold-onto the past.
IP: Logged
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

I'm happy to see my original rear clip went to good use.
GBCT is one of my favorite cars.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...how cool!

Archie, how long has it been since the GBCT was first completed, to this restoration/upgrade?

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 04-17-2009).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The GBCT seems like a perfect candidate for a Mad Arch wide body kit. If you've gone this far, might as well keep on going... unless you want to hold-onto the past.

I'm pretty fond of the past.........If I wanted a wide body I think I would buy #13

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DL10

2350 posts
Member since Jun 2000
I am thinking about making one change to the GBCT, that's should I keep the rear spoiler like it is.........or should I put on one of the rear lip spoilers like most of the wide body's use. Opinions.........
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Wow...how cool!

Archie, how long has it been since the GBCT was first completed, to this restoration/upgrade?

August of 1998, I think.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I am thinking about making one change to the GBCT, that's should I keep the rear spoiler like it is.........or should I put on one of the rear lip spoilers like most of the wide body's use. Opinions.........

Or put wing tips on the end of the wing (like the PPE).
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bad thing about the construction zone is that I sometimes forget to check on it...

Someone told me an old friend was getting a makeover. Very cool.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Falcon Fiero or DL10

Joel or Dave,

Hey I found $6.00 in the car today.

I don't know which one of you two it belongs to.

It was a 5 & a 1 wraped nicely together. Lying on the flat area about 6" forward of the shifter under the 8 relays someone stuffed in that space.

They were kinda crispy, like they've been in there a while.

You 2 are the only people who have owned this car since I had it.

OH, Wait....... I remember a day when I lost $6.00 in the car!
nevermind
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or put wing tips on the end of the wing (like the PPE).

I second the vote for the wingtip extensions. They are way cooler than the lip spoiler in my opinion.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Falcon Fiero or DL10

Joel or Dave,

Hey I found $6.00 in the car today.

I don't know which one of you two it belongs to.

It was a 5 & a 1 wraped nicely together. Lying on the flat area about 6" forward of the shifter under the 8 relays someone stuffed in that space.

They were kinda crispy, like they've been in there a while.

You 2 are the only people who have owned this car since I had it.

OH, Wait....... I remember a day when I lost $6.00 in the car!
nevermind

I don't think I ever had that area exposed, must be yours Archie!

PFF
System Bot
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I second the vote for the wingtip extensions. They are way cooler than the lip spoiler in my opinion.

??? Can someone post a pic of said mod proposal?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

??? Can someone post a pic of said mod proposal?

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have decided to get rid of the Fiero wing and do the lip spoiler like most of the wide-bodies have. I really don't want to change the look of the car to much.
I have owned the GBCT for several years now one of my biggest complaints was the way the roof had a small downward sloop towards the back. Archie and crew had made a few changes to the way the roof was chopped over the years to compensate for this.The other thing that I wanted to change was the rear shape of the chopped 1/4 window. Instead of remodifing an already modified rear clip Archie and crew replaced my clip with one they had at no extra cost to me..............
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I have decided to get rid of the Fiero wing and do the lip spoiler like most of the wide-bodies have. I really don't want to change the look of the car to much. ..........

Well, you know by changing over to the Camero wing... that pretty much will kills the GBCT old nostalgic theme.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, you know by changing over to the Camero wing... that pretty much will kills the GBCT old nostalgic theme.

Yeah, what's up with that? I put that 5 inch wing on my car to match the GBCT. What do I do now?
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I came sooooo close to buying that car from you......I love the way it looks!
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Man I came sooooo close to buying that car from you......I love the way it looks!

You were the one that helped me make the decision to keep the car.
I think I will start a thread, The GBCT 2009......The rebirth of a Legend
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You were the one that helped me make the decision to keep the car.
I think I will start a thread, The GBCT 2009......The rebirth of a Legend

DO IT!! Been too long since the GBCT had its own thread!

------------------

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've just returned from a few days off visiting my brother in Las Vegas.

I will be working on getting caught up on PM's & EMails all weekend.

I would like to give a Shout out to the owner of the very nice White bumper pad Fiero on Fair Play Street in Henderson.

If you're on PFF say Hello.

If you're not, then why not?

Archie

BTW: I know it's a gated community, my Nephew owns a house about 7 doors to your NE.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm always in AWW when I look at the mods done here.... maybe one day I will bring my Black Widow in for the choptop effect. But I will keep the notchie look ..... too many choptop fastbacks and normal fastbacks on the road.... no disrespect intended. Hats off to the Archie Team.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-28-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any more progress on the GBCT ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news regarding these two cars?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie. I need a set for my next project. How much for the everything in the picutres (expect the deck lid)?

Bringing this thread up to date....

I don't think I ever described the hinges we made for the hatchback lid.

As I've stated before I wanted this hatchback kit done so that no mods needed to be done to the rear clip to install the hatch. So we modified the old Fiero decklid hinges to fit under the plastic upper rear roof section of the rear clip.

We then inserted a threaded plate between the 2 layers of the Fiero spaceframe behind the sunroof opening.

FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any news regarding these two cars?

FieroBobo's car is still a work in progress.
Problems with the ECM mapping have been addressed and while they have diminished, they still persist. I'm hoping to bring the car back to Ken Kelly, (ECM Guru'), and see if he can take another look at the ECM and eliminate the problems once and for all. My gas mileage leaves a little to be desired, only 10-13mpg. But then again I'm using the car as my daily driver back and forth to work, only 8 miles each way, the engine barely gets warmed up before I have to park it. The performance of the LS376/480 is absolutely breathtaking. I have hit 95mph in 3rd gear. I have yet to wind it out in 4th or 5th, maybe this summer at a road course in south jersey. And I need to find a nice set of 17x9" or 17x9.5" wheels for the back of the car. Once I've got the wheels I'm planning on running Falken Azenis RT-615 tires, 225/50-16s up front, and 275/40-17s on the back. Oh, yeah, I've got to get the Coke can pic posted. As soon as I find the pic, and remember how to post the pic.

~Bob

Oh, I almost forgot, my darling wife has informed me that my car is, "Too loud. It sounds like a tank". So, in the interest of marital bliss I will have a set of Car Chemistry "Silencer", 4-disk exhaust inserts installed. She might be right about it being too loud, besides I'd rather not draw the attention of the cops unnecessarily with a loud exhaust.
~Bob

[This message has been edited by FieroBobo (edited 05-19-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:
Oh, yeah, I've got to get the Coke can pic posted. As soon as I find the pic, and remember how to post the pic.

~Bob

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/071143-2.html
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's up with the black fastback? Engine swap type?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2009 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So that is where that car ended up!
PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Looks totally different! Nice color choice!

------------------

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can we please...... see more pics of #13
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This IS Fiero related content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO1GMRpKnBs
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-31-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am still LOL over that that ride was just after going to mexican and I told the operator I would pay him an extra 20 if they got sick LOL.
the last pic of all of us in the back seat was great it looked like a clown car when we were getting out.
thanks for the great time Archie and Crew.
D.

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That ride was great! 4 Gs at 70 MPH. Thanks, Chris, for going.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About a week ago I started driving my Solstice again.

I swapped an LS1 into it in early '07 but now that has been swapped for an LS3

That extra 130 ponies makes it even more fun to drive. Cruising at 50mph in 4th gear, nail the throttle & the rear tires start to squeal.

We now have a completely custom designed plug & play wiring harness for LS2, LS3 & LS7 Solstice swaps.

Everything, including Cruise Control, A/C & the factory Solstice gage panel works perfect.

We're working on a CAI for it now, but otherwise it's done.

Watch for videos soon.

Archie

Edited for this....

BTW, to make this Fiero content, notice the Fiero radiator fan.

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 06-10-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie that looks great! I only wish it was there when we were
is it a tighter fit than the Fiero?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Archie that looks great! I only wish it was there when we were
is it a tighter fit than the Fiero?

I wish it was done when you were here too. We could have had a lot of fun practicing our drifting skills.

As far as a tight fit......

If you're talking about the LS3 fitting into the car, it's not bad as long as you have everything in it's place. The LS into the Fiero has a bit more room for CAI & other things in a Fiero.

As far as tight fit in the interior, the Solstice sucks....... It's tight. There's not even a place to put your garage door opener. The stupid sunvisor opens the opposite way & is all plastic, so you can't put it up there. There's no place to lay your cell phone where you can get to it before it goes to voice mail etc. With the top up you can't see the person at the drive up window at Starbucks. But you don't go to Starbucks anyway because the mickey mouse cupholders in the Sol suck big time.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock