Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 52)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350159 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Philero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argh! We found out over the weekend that the navigation currently is broken for IE users. Firefox views it great, and my wife is working on it now to correct it for the others. Sorry for the inconveinence and thank you for your patience while we get this back up and running.

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!

IP: Logged
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Philero

390 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Navigation for the IE users has been fixed. (...and the crowd goes wild!)

------------------
Phil

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2007 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Good threads should never be left hanging."

Anything new in the shop?
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW madcurl, the spirit of Halloween is taking over you EH?
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any pictures of the stretch fiero yet archie, my wife says that if we win the lottery, not only can i buy it right then, but i can pay to have you finish it, install a LS2 6 speed combo, AND do a custom widebody choptop to it, what she doesnt realize, is that we will be sending her car in for a LS2 6 speed swap/widebody as well.

something tells me id have to win the lottery to be able to pay you to do such a task

matthew
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

any pictures of the stretch fiero yet archie, my wife says that if we win the lottery, not only can i buy it right then, but i can pay to have you finish it, install a LS2 6 speed combo, AND do a custom widebody choptop to it, what she doesnt realize, is that we will be sending her car in for a LS2 6 speed swap/widebody as well.

something tells me id have to win the lottery to be able to pay you to do such a task

matthew

Or you could always finish it yourself.

The wheelbase is about 136.5" The stretch is 40". I have pics that Tom & John took when it was being stretched &, IMHO, it was done very well & strong.

Archie

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dang archie, guess ill have to start saving up now.

matthew
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that car would look killer with a CHOP-TOP!!!!!!
If you chopped the front first, you could re-angle that front so it looks more level.....then chop the rear. WIDEBODY.......????? 20's......????
Could someone PHOTO-CHOP that???? I may attempt it tomorrow when I'm at work.

------------------

Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

[This message has been edited by SAFASTRO (edited 11-01-2007).]

Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, per the request of many, we have added a customer's page link at the bottom of the navigation on the left. Go check it out and tell us what you think! Then submit your car if you are a customer of Archies and wish to have your car featured there!

Thanks!

------------------
Phil
Philero ~ Phil and his Fiero, melding into one (soon to be my license plate too!)

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philero:

Okay, per the request of many, we have added a customer's page link at the bottom of the navigation on the left. Go check it out and tell us what you think! Then submit your car if you are a customer of Archies and wish to have your car featured there!

Thanks!

I sent an Email for the customer page to this Email: custpage at v8archie.com and it came back as "undeliverable".
Can I just forward it to Archie's regular Email??
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You want some shots of my Roadster to add to the Roadster page Archie? It's purtier than yours.

John Stricker

Originally posted by Archie:

Thanks for the help. I didn't actually do the web site myself. I would have no idea how to do that kind of stuff.

I will forward the info to my new WebMaster.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

I sent an Email for the customer page to this Email: custpage at v8archie.com and it came back as "undeliverable".
Can I just forward it to Archie's regular Email??

Yes, send all EMail to Archie@v8archie.com For some reason that's the only addy that actually gets to me.

Archie
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The link there should be fixed.

------------------
Phil
Philero ~ Phil and his Fiero, melding into one (soon to be my license plate too!)

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess now would be a good time to tell you all about something else that Phil & his wife are getting ready to implement.

We are going to start having a kinda "What's Up at Archie's" news postings on the Web Site.

Here's what we're working on.

Every week or 10 days, there will be a posting to the web site that features like 2 of the cars we are currently working on. We will also feature at least one customer car that is being built at home by a customer.

Here's what we're thinking. Every week or 10 days, I'll be sending Phil an update on 2 of the cars we are currently working on. Also hopefully, customers will be submitting to me updates on the cars they are working on & I'll be sending Phil updates on those cars.

Every week or 10 days, Phil will post up a write up on these cars. The next update a week or so later will feature updates on different inhouse & customer built cars. Phil will start a new web page for each of those cars. So as each project gets coverage, you will be able to view the new coverage then click on a link to be able to back & review past postings on that same project. This will more or less form a build thread on all the cars we build here & all the customers' cars that they submit.

Hopefully customers will keep emailing me updates so I can be forwarding that into to Phil.

For example, right now I have 6 projects going on in the shop. 4 of them are for PFF members & 2 of them are people that are not on PFF. The web site would have brief write-ups on 2 of those projects this week (along with one customer project) this week. Then next week we might cover 3 different projects (2 in house & 1 customer submitted).The next update might be about 3 new projects or updates on 1 or 2 or 3 previous projects depending on what we're working on & what is being submitted by customers. Once any customer or in house project is posted to the web site then there will be "History" of that project linked from the current events postings.

Hopefully, as we get this rolling, we will be able to go back & provide project "History" of long term projects like Curley's, Troy's, JScott's, Dave's & any other customer projects that are currently going on that have some history that should be reported.

Anyone interested?

Archie

So if you're doing a V-8 archie project at home, now is the time to get started submitting that information to me.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres a quicky photo chop maybe what you were thinking?

------------------
Happiness is a choice

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the right idea!!!!! Looks great.........I've been moving my office to a new location, so haven't had time to try the photo-chop yet.

------------------

Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully, as we get this rolling, we will be able to go back & provide project "History" of long term projects like Curley's, Troy's, JScott's, Dave's & any other customer projects that are currently going on that have some history that should be reported.

Anyone interested?

Archie

So if you're doing a V-8 archie project at home, now is the time to get started submitting that information to me.

This sounds like a great idea. In time, it could be a hugh tech reference of various types of swaps, as well as a nice journal of past and current projects.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, send all EMail to Archie@v8archie.com For some reason that's the only addy that actually gets to me.

Archie

Re-sent it last night.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 11-07-2007).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say I am very happy with Archie and his team. I enjoy being kept in the loop. We have entered the critical part of my build due to customization and communication from Archie has been good.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got something new in today for a new project .........

Archie
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.paralleldesigns.co.uk

Is that a parallel kit? Nice and probably the first Lamborghini Miura/Fiero ever...

JG
PFF
System Bot
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.paralleldesigns.co.uk/indexframe.html

Is that a parallel kit? Nice and probably the first lamborghini Miura/Fiero ever...

JG
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

http://www.paralleldesigns.co.uk

Is that a parallel kit? Nice and probably the first Lamborghini Miura/Fiero ever...

JG

Yes, the customer wants us to put it on a Fiero chassis similar to what we used on the GT40.

This will be a one of build, not planning to make it a kit.

Archie
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see FierociousGT's car in the background. Coming along quite nicely!!!!!

------------------

Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

[This message has been edited by SAFASTRO (edited 11-10-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about another LS2 build?

Archie
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!!
Look at all that shiny aluminum.
I sure wish is was finding a home in my 87 GT.lol.

Looking forward to seeing progress pics on the Miura/Fiero project.

I think the Lamborghini Miura and the Ferrari Dino are 2 very underrated/under appreciated...and very sexy cars.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:

WOW!!!

I think the Lamborghini Miura and the Ferrari Dino are 2 very underrated/under appreciated...and very sexy cars.

Yes, we'll be doing a buildup on the Miura too.

The donor car will be here late next week.

Archie
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie
Please do a detaile write up on the LS2
I know a lot of us will enjoy it
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I asked once before but I think you missed it. Could you make a set of your rockers with the knife edged lower lip and the angle changed on the scoop like your new widebody kit. I like the new style but want to avoid the cost of wide rims. Let me know if you'll do it and how much, thanks.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

Archie, I asked once before but I think you missed it. Could you make a set of your rockers with the knife edged lower lip and the angle changed on the scoop like your new widebody kit. I like the new style but want to avoid the cost of wide rims. Let me know if you'll do it and how much, thanks.

You might try an email or phone call. That way he can do a quote for you and email it to you.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

£4000.00!! And no mirrors. You should sell yor kits there
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

£4000.00!! And no mirrors. You should sell yor kits there

That would be about US$8000 by current exchange rates.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

You might try an email or phone call. That way he can do a quote for you and email it to you.

I didn't want to hassle him on a holiday weekend and I thought maybe some other people would like the changes also. I'll call monday if there is no response.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I Love reading about your projects but, with this thread now going over 50 pages, it's hard as hell to find anything again by having to look through all those pages. Anybody else have this problem or maybe it's just me. Can you please start another thread or something ? How about starting in january with What's up at Archie's 2008 Especially for the Muiria build-up - damn, that is one beautiful car
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new pics of GBCT
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Any new pics of GBCT

What he said!!

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We got something new in today for a new project .........

Archie

I've been daydreaming about something like this ever since I laid eyes on the real thing last August. It was love as first sight.

Are you going to do "eyelashes" or SV style, or Jotta style?

I didn't even know molds were in existence. The only ones I could find were in England, and those would never fit a Fiero.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by dcfox:

WOW!!!

Me too.. I wish the Miura was underrated. It might actually be affordable "Unfortunately" people know that it's "the worlds sexiest car" and the first "supercar" ever made. Last one I saw went for nearly a million dollars.

There is a guy in Los Angeles IIRC, who is THE authority on Miura restorations. I'm sure he'll come in as a great resource. People send their Miuras from all over the world for him to restore and customize. I can't believe I forgot his name..

I'll be watching that buildup closely.. This might just be the most gorgeous Fiero based car ever!!

btw. the miura registry is another great resource, although it's slightly out of date.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 12-02-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This kit came from England & it's not designed to fit on a Fiero.

We'll make it fit on a Fiero like we did a couple years ago to the GT40.

Archie

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I've been daydreaming about something like this ever since I laid eyes on the real thing last August. It was love as first sight.

Are you going to do "eyelashes" or SV style, or Jotta style?

I didn't even know molds were in existence. The only ones I could find were in England, and those would never fit a Fiero.

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im still saving archie, dont think i forgot about the limo.

at current gas prices, i figured it was going to cost me $280 JUST in fuel (1200 miles round trip) and that doesnt cover food/lodging, which i figure we'll check out some of the customers car's at your shop once the car's loaded up.

BTW do you have any idea how much rust the limo has?

matthew
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock