Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 47)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350154 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

I wonder how this would work/Look on a headliner?? It sure would solve the sagging issues some of us have.

Dan

A lot of headliners ain various cars are already done that way. I'll have a few different colors in stock next week & I'm going to flock a couple of the fiberglass headliners with it.

Archie
IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You just like saying "flock."

Still, it looks good. I like it much better than painting much of the interior.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job, Archie. I had all the interior pieces in a Supra flocked and loved it. This is a VERY nice thing to offer. i didn't know even where to look for someone to do this ...
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

That's right, it's called Electrostatic Flocking...
Archie

What the Flock? I guess I haven't been at this long enough I had never heard of it. I think I want to flock my next interior. It sure looks easier than upholstering. Thanks for the tip.

Oh and where can I get a flocking gun?
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Oh and where can I get a flocking gun?

Maybe you mised this in the link F-I-E-R-O posted

The cost of the equipment varies from hundreds or a few thousand for hand held units to tena or hundreds of thousands for automatic multicolor systems.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed right away most of these flocking guns were too flocking expensive.

I found one here that might be okay for small projects, like a dash or door panel.

http://donjer.com/suedetex/product.htm

I intend to try it out and see if it works.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DonJer is right here on the other side of Rockford from here (about 20 miles) they are the people I got my stuff from. The company is owned by a Gal named Jill, it was started by her Father DON & cousin JERry, they are both gone now & She owns it.

I'm using the Electro-Static Flocking system. The Electro-Static method gets the fibers to stand on end with a DC electric charge. The Air system that you're looking at I also have but it's only for getting into real tight places & doesn't stand the fibers on end as well as the Electro-Static method. It just blows them on & they lay whatever way the land. It also would work ok if you were doing "T" shirts (like back in the '60's). It's good for "T" shirts because you want the matted down look on something like "T" shirts. I have about $1500 invested in the equipment I have. To be honest, to do a dash or door panels like we just did, you need the Electro-Static stuff.

Jill was over here when we did some of the parts in the Roadster. If you call her, tell her you saw my pictures. She hasn't seen the final product on my Yellow car yet. She's supposed to be here late next week because She's delivering a couple of different colors of the fibers. So She'll see it then.

BTW: If you call her, save the Flocking jokes, 'cus She's heard them all.

Archie

Originally posted by jscott1:

I noticed right away most of these flocking guns were too flocking expensive.

I found one here that might be okay for small projects, like a dash or door panel.

http://donjer.com/suedetex/product.htm

I intend to try it out and see if it works.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-25-2007).]

Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW: If you call her, save the Flocking jokes, 'cus She's heard them all.

Archie

Get the FLOCK out of here!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

Can you post your Mailing address for me ? I see the zipcode, but i need the street and building number. Some more parts headed your way for me. Eventually will get it all together.

Thanks

Tony
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wsn't there a Doctor Flocks on Enterprise?

Seriously though, flocking the areas like that looks sweet!! Hmmm...
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That flocking thing should work great for male pattern baldness.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
11411 Summerwood Dr.
Machesney Park, IL 61115

A

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie,

Can you post your Mailing address for me ? I see the zipcode, but i need the street and building number. Some more parts headed your way for me. Eventually will get it all together.

Thanks

Tony

bobm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmSend a Private Message to bobmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Will you be attending the Florida Fiero Weekend in March?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bobm:

Archie,

Will you be attending the Florida Fiero Weekend in March?

Yes I will.

Anyone who might be wanting me to bring parts for them should let me know pretty soon.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Earlier this week (Thursday), we Flocked one of our Fiberglass headliner boards in Gray.

Your supposed to let the adhesive dry for 72 hours before handling it. Then we will turn it over to let the excess flock drop off. Then I'll take a couple of pics of it.

These pics show it right after we flocked it, So there is extra flock material laying on top of there that we will knock off Monday. We have it sitting on a fixture we made that has a steel mesh that enhances the Ground when applying the flocking.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-17-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. What's that over there in the upper right corner? Enquiring minds would like to know???

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm. What's that over there in the upper right corner? Enquiring minds would like to know???

That Green thing is a Band Saw. You know, like they use to cut up beef in the slaughterhouse.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That Green thing is a Band Saw. You know, like they use to cut up beef in the slaughterhouse.

Archie

Hehe. I was too excited while typing. What's that car in the upper left corner in the pic..you know, the Gt40'ish gray car?
p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats the weight to hold down the orange anti-gravity jackstands. Very state of the art.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I'd show you our latest V-8 swap victim.

This one just came in today. In the next couple weeks we intend to start a V-8 swap using a new crate LS2 engine & the 6 speed transmission.

As you can see this doesn't need much of anything else. This one has been put together for few years but it look like it's brand new. It's a 328 replica buillt from body panels supplied by George Fejer & assembled by Jim Sutter himself. It's a V-6 car with one of the Miller-Woods Turbos which were being sold & assembled by Jim Sutter back in the day.

It has a PISA 308/328 interior that's also very well done.

It also has a Targa Top AKA Randy Corson.

3 of the major suppliers of parts on this car have been out of the business for at least 10 years. That means that this car was built more than 10 years ago, but when you see it, you'll think it was finished last week.

So here is a look at the car.

The question is, should I do a build up thread on it when we get started?

Archie

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The question is, should I do a build up thread on it when we get started?

YES !!!!!
PFF
System Bot
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES!!!
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES !!!
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, a quick question in your PMs .... thanks
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've already been asked about 6 times, but I gotta say that the complete driveline & turbo system in this car has already been sold to a Chicago area member.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

Peek-ka-poo, I see you. hehe.

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Peek-ka-poo, I see you. hehe.

haha madcurl.... would you mind donating one of your beautiful works in progress to a poor college student about to graduate with a fiero at home and not enough time and money to actually get his own Archie kit? hahaha

Matt
jhfieo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jhfieoSend a Private Message to jhfieoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is the turbo kit on that car going to be for sale?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've already been asked about 6 times, but I gotta say that the complete driveline & turbo system in this car has already been sold to a Chicago area member.

Archie

Here is your answer
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Gang,

This is my first posting on the forum.
I sure hope Archie does a build-up thread on this car - but my opinion might be a little bit biased since it's my car! I bought it new in the fall of 1985 (early '86 model). It came with a V-6, 4 Speed, sunroof, and basically nothing else. I've added one or two things since it came off the dealership lot.....

BH2OFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Hi Gang,

I sure hope Archie does a build-up thread on this car - but my opinion might be a little bit biased since it's my car! I bought it new in the fall of 1985 (early '86 model). It came with a V-6, 4 Speed, sunroof, and basically nothing else. I've added one or two things since it came off the dealership lot.....

I hate you...but only due to jealousy. Ok, maybe I over reacted. Welcome aboard friend. You've just stumbled upon the greatest group of car enthusiasts on earth.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Gang,

Good to see you here John.

As you know, the car got here a little earlier that we had scheduled & now the engine has arrived here early too.

So I need to get a build thread started because I'm taking pictures already.

Do you have a name for your car?????? Or what do you want the thread called?

Archie

Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife favors "Moneypit."

328 LS2?
608 GTS?

C'mon Pennock's gang - I need some help here naming the beast!
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My wife favors "Moneypit."

328 LS2?
608 GTS?

I like "White Ghost" , it comes in quiet but scares the hell out of ya when you mash the pedal.

Also Welcome aboard Doc!!! Archie does some amazing work and you've found an amazing resource of info here in Pennocks!!

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 02-26-2007).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Magnum V8
fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FEarLeSs 8T6

-fh
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

I like "White Ghost" , it comes in quiet but scares the hell out of ya when you mash the pedal.

Never seen a quiet enough V8 Fiero for that. Maybe with dual in-line mufflers or a 3800SC
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie's original White Ghost

Now looking blue
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Blizzard" not sure if it's taken yet or not but think about it... fierce, strong, and usually means your about to spend $$$... lol
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome John, I suggest you wait till it's finished and the wife has had a ride before giving the car a name. She will have a whole list of new ones i believe! I'm sure Archie can come up with a build thread title.
Good Luck with the project.
Gary
LS2QUICK

[This message has been edited by GKDINC (edited 02-27-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock