Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 46)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350159 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
fiero_silva

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I skimmed the thread and didn't see anything..

Have you done a 6speed in a N* yet? Looking at the pics of the tranny, it looks like the starter location on the motor would be a problem?
IP: Logged
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i gotta bump this... it's been 7 days and no update... hmmm... is archies closed for the seasons?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

ok i gotta bump this... it's been 7 days and no update... hmmm... is archies closed for the seasons?

Okay, you've had your 2-days gurging yourselve with turkey dressing n' things. How bout' some pics dang nab bit! We ain't getting any younger you know, hehe.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little update with a picture of the revival of Chopper #13......

I've had this thing for about 2+ years & we finally have gotten around to bringing it back to life.

Here the guys are just finishing up on a transmision swap. The 4 speed that was in it when I got it has always been making funny noises, we've just completed putting a replacement 4 speed in it. They cleaned up & painted & updated the engine swap while they had the driveline out.

By the end of the day today it was running & moving without all that transmission noise it had. They have been refreshing the interior & making the gages work etc. We also have installed one of our new fiberglass headliners with new Black material on it.

I intend to get some test miles on it next week & put it up for sale & get it back into circulation with the rest of the chop tops.

Archie
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A tip for all choptop owners.
F-I-E-R-O are making a new badge and will make a choptop edition as well.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/062841-4.html#lastpost
Hope you don´t mind me puting this here Archie. I belive it´s the best tread too tip choptop owners.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

You posted: "We also have installed one of our new fiberglass headliners with new Black material on it."

Are you in production of and selling headliners?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To Archie,.........

Knock, Knock.

Archie: Who's there ?

Choptop ?

Archie: Choptop who ???

Choptop # (i forget what number we are on)

Get your saw ready, sending a buddy to see you !!

- hey do i get commission ?? hehehehe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

To Archie,.........

Knock, Knock.

Archie: Who's there ?
Choptop # (i forget what number we are on)

Get your saw ready, sending a buddy to see you !!

- hey do i get commission ?? hehehehe

It's a "Who gets to Archie's first" situation. He would be 25th if he beats the other guy to Archie's first, otherwise he'd be 26th.

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2006 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumpity bump....

What's up - Doc?
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe he's busy buying holidays gifts for his loyal customers

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 4 speed Auto

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-22-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like an update is way overdue.

Since we were here last, we've been doing a lot of work on Troy & Curley's cars & that's been covered in those 2 threads.

So this will be a little update on items other than those 2 cars.

First up, I've been buying up a small supply of the G6 transmissions, I have a sale going on with them in the Mall.

The nice thing about having the transmissions sitting around is that it makes it real easy to decide to toss one into any of the cars I'm building for myself.

A few weeks ago I bought a very nice '88 Formula 5 speed car. The plan was to put a LS1 with a 6 speed in there. However, a week long opening for one guy between jobs came up & I didn't have the LS1 yet. So we decided to put a 377 CI SBC that I've had sitting around into it for now. And like I said the 6 speeds are just sitting around so we put one of them in too.

Except for a couple minor things we just about have the car done already.

A few pics..... more next week......

Then on Thursday, This nice 328 replica came in for a V-8 swap. You may remember this car from about 18 months ago in this thread. It was a basket case that our own Kris adopted and built a beautiful car out of........ Now it's getting an LM1 SBC V-8 & the low mile 5 speed Getrag from out of the Formula I bought a few weeks ago.

Here's the 4 banger just before it was removed.....

More next week.

Archie

------------------

After Shaunbag is exposed as having asked Archie for a job as a Slack-Jawed Yokel
Archie sings ......... so I pulled off my hat & said imagine that, you workin' for meeeee. Lies, lies........

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-06-2007).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool stuff
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Then on Thursday, This nice 328 replica came in for a V-8 swap. You may remember this car from about 18 months ago in this thread. It was a basket case that our own Kris adopted and built a beautiful car out of........ Now it's getting an LM1 SBC V-8 & the low mile 5 speed Getrag from out of the Formula I bought a few weeks ago.

It looks like that rear wheel need to lose some offset fast.
More next week.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The owner is happy with the wheels as they are.

Archie

------------------

After Shaunbag is exposed as having asked Archie for a job as a Slack-Jawed Yokel
Archie sings ......... so I pulled off my hat & said imagine that, you workin' for meeeee. Lies, lies........

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to each his own.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie ... PM to you ....
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so happy to finally see that beautiful replica get a motor to match it's appearance! :-)
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump-o-balls
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

bump-o-balls

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I walked into the shop this morning & all I could see was Red.

I realized that I'm way behind on updates to this thread.

I know you have been watching the Perfect Union thread & the Arch Rival thread & those threads have had ongoing updates.

However, we've had many other day to day projects going on that are pretty exciting. So for the next several days I'll try to bring you up to speed on all the other stuff we're working on.

Not necessarily in order but we'll start with Chuck's (MotorTV) LT1 Turbo car that we have in the shop right now. In case you don't remember the car this should help.....

What are we doing to it?

We are working on the interior. Chuck wanted to be the 1st person to get the new Waterfall interior panel on a car that has a roof.

You'll recall on page 12 of the Finale Roadster build thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/054448-12.html we introduced the Waterfall interior version of the Waterfall part that we designed for the PFF Roadster.

Well we are doing this swap on Chuck's car. .........
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is Chuck's car. Mark started on it late yesterday & by noon today the fiberglass interior panel had been fitted & the Original interior "B" pillar covers had been modified to fit right up to the top of the new piece.

You may ask, how are we going to finish this panel & the "B" pillar pcs. to make them look good without paying a fortune to an interior shop for custom work.

We have something all together new (to the Fiero world) that we are now doing. We have just finished doing this process to all of the Yellow interior parts of the PFF Roadster. We are putting that interior back together right now, so you'll see this in a few days.

More later.

Thanks Guys.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this isn't boring too many people.

I mentioned that we were redoing the interior in the PFF Roadster.

Here's a few pics taken after we put it back together today.

This is the method we plan to use on Chuck's Waterfall panel & "B" pillars (only his will be in a gray).

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-20-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What exactly is that covering material? Is it some type of spray on liner? I'm interested.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is Chuck's car. Mark started on it late yesterday & by noon today the fiberglass interior panel had been fitted & the Original interior "B" pillar covers had been modified to fit right up to the top of the new piece.

You may ask, how are we going to finish this panel & the "B" pillar pcs. to make them look good without paying a fortune to an interior shop for custom work.

Thanks Guys.

Archie

Do you have plans on making molds of these parts? As always you do good work. Hope to see more of it in march but its not looking good.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Do you have plans on making molds of these parts? As always you do good work. Hope to see more of it in march but its not looking good.

We already make & sell the white console/Waterfall part. ($380.00 plus shipping) The "B" pillar piece is a stock Fiero part that's been trimmed to fit snugly to the top of our white part. It's held in place by all the original fasteners. We had to add a screw on one of them because the original fastener was broken.

Also read the next response.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by jscott1:

What exactly is that covering material? Is it some type of spray on liner? I'm interested.

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to give you a couple of clues & we'll take a few guesses before I tell you. Here are 2 of 4 clues I'm going to give you.......

Clues:

1) What's old is new again.

2) One of the Batmobiles from the original TV series also had this process

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-20-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
What? No guesses?

OK, I'll give you another clue.....

3) You see it almost everyday & don't even notice.

Archie
MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of looks like suede or microfiber, or the stuff my Sparco Sprint seats are covered with.
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
asphalt? lol.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Almost

Clue #4

4) A movie called "The Flocker's" names a variation of this process several times in the movie.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
BH2OFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no more clues...please...I just want to know. Seriously, I don't have a clue but would love to know. Great work guys.

------------------
No matter how much I try to get these cars out of my head, they keep finding their way back in.

whereatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whereattSend a Private Message to whereattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flocking???
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whereatt:

Flocking???

That's right, it's called Electrostatic Flocking

Back in the early '90's I had one of my interiors done with this method. It's a lot cheaper than having someone do an entire interior in fabric & leather. The car I had done before was done in silver/gray to match it's silver paint. I drove that car everyday for 30 months before I sold it. Right before I sold it I took the interior out and washed it with dish soap & a hose & it looked like new.

Looks at this page & look under Automotive & Vehicles & you'll see why I said that you see it everyday. http://www.flock.de/downloads/awl_en.pdf

Note that even boot linings & floor mats are done with this method, so you know it will last a long time.

Here is another page that talks about it http://www.infind.com.au/coatings6.html

I have several molds that are parts to upgrade the Fiero interiors. However, it's always been difficult to find someone who would make up patterns to upholster all these interior parts then sit on those pattern while we try to sell enough interior parts to justify the pattern making process. With that said, we've aquired the equipment to do this process in house, this will add another option to what can be done with Fiero inter parts.

As you know, black is a pretty hard color to photograph & this flocking absorbs light to make it even harder to get good pictures of it. However, you can be assured that this looks even better in person.

There is a picture of my previously Flocked car here http://www.v8archie.com/parts.htm

I can recall when I was much younger in in the mid/late '60's, Flocking was real popular. I lived in South Bend, IN & there was (for a short time) 3 different places in town that would do flocking for you while you waited. One of them was near where I lived. One day I witnessed them Flocking the entire exterior of one of the cars they used for the Batman TV series.

Other than that I think all the other Clues have been answered.

Archie
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curiosity got the better of me on this one and I had to find somethign that better described the process. Here is what I found that provided a good description of the flocking process... http://www.swicofil.com/flock.html Pretty cool stuff.
------------------
Please Visit My Fiero Store Thanks!

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 01-21-2007).]

whereatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whereattSend a Private Message to whereattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if any of you watch Unique Whips but they used flocking on Tony Stewarts hearst. Thats the only reason i knew what it was called.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this is thread isn't dead...
cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

In one of the pics of the G6 tranny mated to a V8, you show an "intermediate" axel with a support bolted to the motor mount position (sorry, I couldnt get PIP to work). Is that support and intermidiate shaft avainable for purchase?

Thanks.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cire36:

Archie,

In one of the pics of the G6 tranny mated to a V8, you show an "intermediate" axel with a support bolted to the motor mount position (sorry, I couldnt get PIP to work). Is that support and intermidiate shaft avainable for purchase?

Thanks.

Yes.

A
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's right, it's called Electrostatic Flocking

Archie

I wonder how this would work/Look on a headliner?? It sure would solve the sagging issues some of us have.

Dan

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock