Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 43)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350161 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Avoid B&B Spyder like the plague.
Poor quality. Slow work. Poor workmanship. And good luck with any support after you leave.

See for yourself: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040339-6.html

Thanks, kind of another reason I posted the question here, to see if anyone else had had any experience there. That's a bummer...does anyone else do a true 'vert for our toys anymore?

I guess I could live with a removable hardtop, but I'd rather have a ragtop in case I got caught in the rain. I dunno, hey Archie, wanna do a ragtop?

EDIT: WHEEE, page 43 ownage!

[This message has been edited by squisher86SE (edited 08-15-2006).]

IP: Logged
Comealongway

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ComealongwaySend a Private Message to ComealongwayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd please give me a ride this might be a very weird request, I hope to see you at the fiero meet on thrusday this week. Your car was the first fiero i sat in, i figured you gave up on your fiero a long time ago i never saw it at any of the meets when i went and voytek and steve told me they had not seen you in a long time. I went to high school with your brother brett and once i came over for a party and you showed your car of to me, you were drunk at the time so all you did was start it and rev it. I fell in love with fieros that very moment with your 2.8 with sprints and exhaust, your the reason i own a fiero. I currently own a blue notchback with a quad 4 in it, I'm hoping to turbo it in the near future.

Originally posted by RiceCooker:

Well, I'm home!

The drive went great, had lots of fun and met some nice people along the way. The cooling system passed the ultimate test....and so did my body. Yesterday I drove from Moorehead Minnesota to Great Falls Montana....it was in the high 90's most of the day and even crept up over 100. I averaged about 80-85 mph during the middle of the day and the temp kept down aroun d 180-195 the whole way
Another warm day today and It's probably been 3 or 4 waters per hour going through my system (no a/c can be fun )

All in all it was a great trip back but I am bagged. Had to take a few people for test drives as soon as i got home too!

I will post tomorrow about my driving impressions.......It may be a lengthy post.....this car has most definately exceeded my expectations...It still is sinking in that I am driving a V8 Fiero in what feels like a brand new car!

Todd

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Comealongway:

Todd please give me a ride this might be a very weird request, I hope to see you at the fiero meet on thrusday this week. Your car was the first fiero i sat in, i figured you gave up on your fiero a long time ago i never saw it at any of the meets when i went and voytek and steve told me they had not seen you in a long time. I went to high school with your brother brett and once i came over for a party and you showed your car of to me, you were drunk at the time so all you did was start it and rev it. I fell in love with fieros that very moment with your 2.8 with sprints and exhaust, your the reason i own a fiero. I currently own a blue notchback with a quad 4 in it, I'm hoping to turbo it in the near future.

This post absolutely made may day!

pm sent

Are you the one with the blue notchie in Temple? With the nice rims and sweet paintjob!?!
Comealongway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ComealongwaySend a Private Message to ComealongwayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes that is my car however i no longer live in temple, and it is no longer nice, the whole car needs paint again, Im in the middle of doing lots of body work and my motor just saw a rebuild last winter I have eagle rods, ross racing pistons, clevite bearings, underdrive pullies, fully balanced, cylinder head is heavily ported and SI valves. I own a large turbo and I am just trying to do one thing at a time right now, body work and vette breaks are on the top of my list before i attempt to go faster.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to confess, we've had this car done for a couple of weeks now & I'm just behind on posting pictures of it.

So, let's see if I can update this a little.

Here is a picture of the welded frame rail just before we painted it. I like to take pics like this before it's painted because after paint it's hard to see any detail.

Then we can final mount the engine/trans to the cradle.......

Put the engine back into the car & start hooking things up .......

Put in the new axles, reassemble the suspension & brakes & sit it back on the floor.

Now it's just like finishing up a normal V-8 swap. You hook everything up, fill the cooling system. Double check everything & start test driving just like it's a fresh V-8 swap.

We've done about 50 miles so far & it runs thru the gears very well.

We'll be able to do some more serious test driving next week.

Archie

------------------

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2006 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Check your PM's!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been nearly a week.
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

It's been nearly a week.

^

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
92' Yamaha FZR 600R

gold87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gold87Send a Private Message to gold87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was wondering if you could bolt a 3.4 to the 6 speed. i only see you doing V8.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gold87:

was wondering if you could bolt a 3.4 to the 6 speed. i only see you doing V8.

Originally posted by Archie, pg.38:

Well, back to work.

Could this be the 1st 6 speed 6 banger we're working on? or it it the 1st 6 banger car that I've ever considered putting the stock engine back into?......

Before........

After.........

(note, just trial fitting right now)

While we're at it, could this be the 1st SBC 6 speed going together?.........

Archie

If it works on a 2.8, it'll work on a 3.4.
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arch, I was looking through this thread and from here and other threads I was always amazed at how many times I've seen the motor, tranny and cradle "test fitted" into the cars.

I know this is a needed step in engine swaps so I was thinking for the people like yourself who are constantly doing engine swaps I'm suprised you haven't cut up an old Fiero so you would have just the engine compartment "box" if you will and then two guys could just pick it up and place it over the engine and cradle.

I would think it could save a lot of time over installing the cradle into the car and then taking it out to tweek something as the "box could be lifted on and off as needed without moving the cradle around.

Just a thought.

HoHo
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These aren’t $100000 cars, they are going to be different each car. I test fit my V8 twice before leaving it in the car. I plan on taking it out again soon when its cooler out. Now if ever there was an option to back half a Fiero and replace the frame with a tube frame it would be good idea.
I wonder how hard it would be to back half a Fiero with a new frame built around a nice V8 6 speed combo. Archie get on that and let me know, I will start saving my money

------------------
Click here to hear my cars

RUNDLC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jake D you just did'nt go back far enough, dave held has the back tube frame

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/061408.html

RUNDLC
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that thread but I was thinking of replacing everything below the top frame rail. New strut mounting plates, lower frame and cradle. Cut the frame and sheetmetal off at the back of the firewall and bolt a new tube frame in its place that makes space for a SBC and 6speed install.
I guess its a lot more work then what most shade tree mechanics would take on. But I would do it if the price was right or build my own with the correct parts. Given the time and money I would probably rebuild everything. But theres that money thing.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although it's custom piece but it's looks pretty close to a Fiero front fender mounted around the fuel cap/wheel opening. Hmm?

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

What do you suppose you would charge to make something like this??

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been nearly a week.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2006 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's up at Archie's???
rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2006 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

What's up at Archie's???

Well, it's about time I do a little write up on the 6 speed transmission that Archie installed in my car. I wanted to have time to get use to driving it before I said anything on the forum. There are a few changes that I had to get use to in this car, now that the transmission is changed, first off it has the new Spec clutch. If you have never driven a car with a spec clutch your in for a surprise, it was something I had to get use to. To me it is more of an on off switch and not a clutch, but it doesn't take too long before you become accustom to using the clutch the way it was intended to be used. There is no slipping this clutch. You have to learn to take your foot off the clutch peddle all the way, rather quickly to make the clutch engage properly. In traffic it could be a pain when first learning to drive with a Spec clutch. Well after Fierorama I headed for home, back to California and that was going to give me time to put enough miles on the car to brake in the clutch and see how the car handled with the new trans. A couple of the other things you have to get use to is watching the tach, below 70 mph 6 gear is almost useless, because at 70 mph you are turning 1950 to 2000 RPM. I wasn't' use to that. It sure did improve my gas mileage, on my trip home. I got a chance to stretch it out a little on some open road, but cruising at 90 mph and the tach not reaching 2500 RPM was going to take some more getting use to. 2500 RPM was about 93 miles per hour. I can see this car has some potenciel I could really get my self in trouble. I did have to take it easy for a while. The new transmission is really great. Archie and the boys did a great job of installing it. I got a chance to see the video that Archie did on the swap, and I sure learned a lot. Archie just covered some of the highlight here on the forum of this swap, but you see a lot more in the video. I do want to thank Archie, Rob, Chris and Mark, for all the work they put in on my car to make it as nice as it is. This new transmission is really something. There is now an alternative to our problem of 20 year old transmissions braking and not being able to find one. This is the answer for all the guys out there that brake a transmission and think that there car is going to be tied up for weeks or even months to find another one. After test driving this one for more then 2000 miles I am more then satisfied with the results of this swap. It sure has improved the power and performance of my car. I can't say enough good things about this improvement.

Just wanted to say it was good seeing some old friend and some new ones at Archie's open house and Fireorama. I got a chance to see the choptop reunion and some really amazing cars this year. Hope I can make it again next year for one of the shows and I will be thinking of something for Archie to do to my car while I am back there.
Bob
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Well, back to work.

Could this be the 1st 6 speed 6 banger we're working on? or it it the 1st 6 banger car that I've ever considered putting the stock engine back into?......

Before........

After.........

(note, just trial fitting right now)

Did the motor remain on te rubber mount?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

What's up at Archie's???

Choptop number #024.
PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rgeeinc:

Well, it's about time I do a little write up on the 6 speed transmission that Archie installed in my car. I wanted to have time to get use to driving it before I said anything on the forum. There are a few changes that I had to get use to in this car, now that the transmission is changed, first off it has the new Spec clutch. If you have never driven a car with a spec clutch your in for a surprise, it was something I had to get use to. To me it is more of an on off switch and not a clutch, but it doesn't take too long before you become accustom to using the clutch the way it was intended to be used. There is no slipping this clutch. You have to learn to take your foot off the clutch peddle all the way, rather quickly to make the clutch engage properly. In traffic it could be a pain when first learning to drive with a Spec clutch. Well after Fierorama I headed for home, back to California and that was going to give me time to put enough miles on the car to brake in the clutch and see how the car handled with the new trans. A couple of the other things you have to get use to is watching the tach, below 70 mph 6 gear is almost useless, because at 70 mph you are turning 1950 to 2000 RPM. I wasn't' use to that. It sure did improve my gas mileage, on my trip home. I got a chance to stretch it out a little on some open road, but cruising at 90 mph and the tach not reaching 2500 RPM was going to take some more getting use to. 2500 RPM was about 93 miles per hour. I can see this car has some potenciel I could really get my self in trouble. I did have to take it easy for a while. The new transmission is really great. Archie and the boys did a great job of installing it. I got a chance to see the video that Archie did on the swap, and I sure learned a lot. Archie just covered some of the highlight here on the forum of this swap, but you see a lot more in the video. I do want to thank Archie, Rob, Chris and Mark, for all the work they put in on my car to make it as nice as it is. This new transmission is really something. There is now an alternative to our problem of 20 year old transmissions braking and not being able to find one. This is the answer for all the guys out there that brake a transmission and think that there car is going to be tied up for weeks or even months to find another one. After test driving this one for more then 2000 miles I am more then satisfied with the results of this swap. It sure has improved the power and performance of my car. I can't say enough good things about this improvement.

Just wanted to say it was good seeing some old friend and some new ones at Archie's open house and Fireorama. I got a chance to see the choptop reunion and some really amazing cars this year. Hope I can make it again next year for one of the shows and I will be thinking of something for Archie to do to my car while I am back there.
Bob

So what kinda mileage did you get, and what engine do you have in your car?

matthew
rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

So what kinda mileage did you get, and what engine do you have in your car?

matthew

I guess I did forget that part, I got 24 to 25 mpg consistently. and the engine that is in the pictures on this thread is a replicated ZZ430.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We have a new project in house that should prove to be a challenge.

A local guy decided he was going to do a chop top. He found some free instructions on the Internet about how to do it. He tried his best to follow the instructions until at some point he realized that he had screwed up a perfectly good Fiero.

We decided to try to fix it for him.

The roof section of the chassis was pretty well cut up......

He even drilled out the spot welds in the roof & separated the top section from the lower section of the roof framework.

Some of the instructions you find for free on the Internet are worth just what you spent for them.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We are taking the roof totally off this car & replacing it with the roof from one of my parts cars. Then we will be able to chop it correctly.

Here we have most of the old stuff cut off......

More next week.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question: Since the entire roof was removed, will the rest of the body still be "true" since no braces were used?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are taking the roof totally off this car & replacing it with the roof from one of my parts cars. Then we will be able to chop it correctly.

Here we have most of the old stuff cut off......

More next week.

Archie

I'll be watching this with interest...but were the B pillars left in place just to provide more area to weld on the new roof or are they already at the correct "chopped" length?

Someday I might chop one of my parts car just for fun, but there is no way in the world I would take a sawzall to a perfectly good GT...(except to install a T-top)

Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple Questions... Who chopped the white notch back car with the red A pillars? I think I read that Archie did it why the reson I ask here.
Second. Why are the A pillars red? should not they be the originals? Why were they changed? Are not the A pillars prone to cracking if cut?
Next If the car sits slightly higher in teh back shouldn't the roof do the same or maybe flat instaed of leaning back?
Also what causes the passenger side of the roof to look like it is lower than the Drivers. I have seen photos from both sides by measuring the roof it shows to be low on the right. Also the B pillar looks like it's leaning in further than the left.
Why are the windows always down even on cold days when the photos are taken?

I might be a good welder with the best instructions I still won't try heart surgury. The best instructions in the world can not help you if you do not understand them.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I'll be watching this with interest...but were the B pillars left in place just to provide more area to weld on the new roof or are they already at the correct "chopped" length?

Someday I might chop one of my parts car just for fun, but there is no way in the world I would take a sawzall to a perfectly good GT...(except to install a T-top)

If you look at the pics of the roof as it was delivered to me, you'll see that the roof had been cut thru at the tops of the "B" pillars. We removed the WHOLE top including the "B" pillars, the picture you are quoting is a picture before the "B" pillars were removed.

Originally posted by madcurl:

Question: Since the entire roof was removed, will the rest of the body still be "true" since no braces were used?

Since the roof had already been cut when we got it, I don't know if it's still "true".

However, we will fixture it to make sure it's straight before we weld the new roof on.

Originally posted by Custom88:

I have a couple Questions... Who chopped the white notch back car with the red A pillars? I think I read that Archie did it why the reson I ask here.
Second. Why are the A pillars red? should not they be the originals? Why were they changed? Are not the A pillars prone to cracking if cut?
Next If the car sits slightly higher in teh back shouldn't the roof do the same or maybe flat instaed of leaning back?
Also what causes the passenger side of the roof to look like it is lower than the Drivers. I have seen photos from both sides by measuring the roof it shows to be low on the right. Also the B pillar looks like it's leaning in further than the left.
Why are the windows always down even on cold days when the photos are taken?

I might be a good welder with the best instructions I still won't try heart surgury. The best instructions in the world can not help you if you do not understand them.

That would be Will Martins car. I don't remember why but we replaced the "A" pillar sections with Red ones. As I recall, because the car came from a long exposure to hot sunshine I think the "A" pillar sections broke as we removed the roof section. THUS: Red "A" pillars.

Will the "A" pillar crack? Not if they are glassed back together properly.

Why are the windows always down............ WowI have no clue. It could be a conspiracy. Everyone of my customers & everyone else who's ever taken a picture of a chop top or seen one at a show, are part of a major conspiracy to hide the fact that there are no windows on any of the chops.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-01-2006).]

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That would be Will Martins car. I don't remember why but we replaced the "A" pillar sections with Red ones. As I recall, because the car came from a long exposure to hot sunshine I think the "A" pillar sections broke as we removed the roof section. THUS: Red "A" pillars.

Will the "A" pillar crack? Not if they are glassed back together properly.

Why are the windows always down............ WowI have no clue. It could be a conspiracy. Everyone of my customers & everyone else who's ever taken a picture of a chop top or seen one at a show, are part of a major conspiracy to hide the fact that there are no windows on any of the chops.

Archie

HAHA, yeah Archie glassed in new A-Pillars for my car since mine were shot with sun rot from the good ole Texas sunshine. (Thanks again Archie.) And mine came with windows too!

As far as my roofline, I like the way it sits right now, and I have not noticed any high/low from side to side. When the front gets lowered and painted, I am sure the car will look perfect.

--Will

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well if things don't work out in terms of fixing the botched chop,....

The owner could always go this route !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. Let's see what's on V8 T.V.?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-08-2006).]

Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow exoticse sweet pic!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wish i could claim the work, ...but the art belongs to someone else.
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have a few questions about the fiero 6-speed. Will it become available as a product on the v8archie website? About how much will it cost? Will it be for the v8 fieros or is it for the 2.8? And finally, if I bought it for a 2.8, will it still work with the v8 conversion later?

Hmm nvm, i found most of what i was looking for....

[This message has been edited by LeviM (edited 10-09-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LeviM:

So I have a few questions about the fiero 6-speed. Will it become available as a product on the v8archie website? About how much will it cost? Will it be for the v8 fieros or is it for the 2.8? And finally, if I bought it for a 2.8, will it still work with the v8 conversion later?
Hmm nvm, i found most of what i was looking for....

Yes, I'll be getting the web site updated as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

We do have a version of the kit for the 2.8 & it can be upgraded to matchup with the V-8 swap later. At that time all you'll need to buy are a couple of minor parts. The parts in the list below called "specify engine being used" would be different between the 2.8 & the SBC.

Pricing & Parts lists follow.

Our New 6-Speed Fiero Transmission Conversion Kit allows you to mount the new Pontiac G6 6 speed transmission into any stick shift Pontiac Fiero.

In 2006 Pontiac introduced a new to the U.S. 6 Speed Manual transmission in the front wheel drive G6. This new transmission is a FWD transaxle much like the manual transmissions in the Fiero. As you may know, we’ve been selling & installing V-8 Conversion Kits for the Fiero for nearly 20 years now. It’s only a “natural” for us to want to try to fit that new 6 speed into a Fiero.

We’ve now designed a kit to enable this new 6 speed to be installed into all stick shift Fieros. If you have a stock Fiero engine or a SBC engine swap or anything in between, we have a kit that will allow you to install the 6 speed. As you might know we do a lot of Chevy V-8 conversions here & have a lot of customers out there with SBC’s in their cars. The SBC version of our 6 speed conversion allows the SBC guys to use all of the major parts of their original V-8 conversion when retro-fitting the 6 speed.

The G6 6 speed is just ¼” longer that the Fiero Getrag transmission. The end of the trans that is the closest to the left side frame rail is larger in profile because that transmission has 3 gear shafts instead of the Fiero’s 2 shafts.

The G6 just started using the 6 speed in 2006, so you don’t see a lot of them in the salvage yards yet. They are available now at your local GM dealer parts department. As you will see, a large part of the total cost of the swap is the G6 specific parts. The swap can be very affordable if you can obtain these parts at a salvage yard.

In addition to the transmission this swap requires several other G6 driveline parts. We have 2 versions of the 6 speed conversion kit. The Economy 6 Speed Conversion Kit includes all of the custom parts that it takes to complete the conversion & allows you to buy the needed G6 parts on your own. The Master 6 Speed Conversion Kit includes all parts in the Economy kit plus all of the new G6 parts that are needed.

The Economy 6 Speed Conversion Kit includes these parts: At one point or another, you will need all of the following parts to complete the swap.

Custom Length Left side axle
Custom Length Right side axle
Mounting for Intermediate Shaft Bearing (specify engine being used)
V-8 Archie Stage III F-2 Clutch
Flywheel Friction Plate (specify engine being used)
LSx (see note A)
LSx (see note A)
Forward Transmission Mount (specify engine being used)
Rear Transmission Mount
6 Speed Shift Cable Mounting Brackets
Clutch Line Adapter

The price for the Economy 6 Speed Conversion Kit is $1724.00

The Master 6 Speed Conversion Kit includes the Economy Kit & all of these additional parts:
6 Speed G6 Transmission
Intermediate Shaft for 6 Speed G6 Transmission (see note B)
Left Side G6 Axle Assembly (see note C)
Right Side G6 Axle Assembly (see note C)
G6 Hyd. Clutch Line Fitting (from G6 Master Cylinder Assembly)
Dakota Digital SGI-5

The price for the Master 6 Speed Conversion Kit is. $5121.00

Note A. When doing the 6 speed swap to a LSx engine, you will also need these parts:
LSx Forward Right Engine Mount
LSx Right Rear Engine Mount
The price for these LSx specific parts is $235.00.

Note B. If you are obtaining this part on your own, it will be necessary for you to send it to us so we can do a LSx specific modification & ship it back to you. Cost for this modification is $110.00.

Note C. If you are obtaining this part on your own, it will be necessary for you to send it to us so we can Pre-assemble it for you & ship it back to you.

Note: You will need to use a modified 4 speed Fiero shifter to complete this swap. If you send your shifter to us, we will make the modifications & send it back to you for $ 150.00.

Note: You will need to use 2 Fiero Getrag Select Cables on this swap. (we recommend using new cables from Rodney Dickman) 1 of them remains unmodified. The other Select Cable needs to be modified. You can send that cable to use & we’ll do the modification for $80.00 or we can provide a new modified cable for $240.00.

Note: If you are also getting a quote for a V-8 engine swap kit, some of these parts are redundant with parts supplied in that kit, so the prices will be reduced accordingly.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday Mark (Firefox) & I spent a few hours removing the donor roof from a parts-car chassis he has.

Monday Rob started fitting the new roof section to the chassis & pretty well finished welding it today......

Tomorrow, he'll begin the body work.

Archie
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

When did the PFF Roadster get a dual quad set up?

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
82' Benz 300SD turbo . *for sale*
87' Fiero Cp. candy blue, Chrome 16"s, *will sale*

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

When did the PFF Roadster get a dual quad set up?

It took me a minute to figure out where the ' dual quad ' question came from. I didn't think I was THAT fat.....

The dual quad setup is on the 350 show engine that Archie has on a stand that's sitting behind the roadster. It's not in the car. The roadster still has the LS1 and the 6 speed.

Anyone need a few more parts? There isn't much left of this parts car.....

Mark

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock