Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 40)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350155 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. Let's see what's on T.V.?
IP: Logged
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Congrats Dr. CPU !

Send me a PM if you're going to a local show - I'd like to see it up close.

Ryan

------------------

1986 Fiero2m8 (LT1 NX / 4T60 Roadster Build)[/b]
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071642.html

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In less than a month...I will be a part of this thread
I am meeting Archie in 27 days and the RiceCooker is going in for MAJOR surgery

Todd
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2006 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RiceCooker:

In less than a month...I will be a part of this thread
I am meeting Archie in 27 days and the RiceCooker is going in for MAJOR surgery

Todd

Hmm....What type of surgery?
RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2006 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm....What type of surgery?

Well, we'll start off with a major organ replacement......a little cosmetic surgery and then a few other makeover items

Brand new crate 350 ZZ4
Muncie 4spd ---> Getgrag 5spd conversion
Warber vented hood (to keep those pesky headlight covers down and keep the front end stable at speed
Big Brake conversion
Fierostore full suspension package including Eibach springs, Koni adjustable shocks, sawybars, full poly

It's going to be a completely different car

Coming out is a tired, leaky old 2.8 with 140,000 miles on it. The car is in great shape on the outside considering it's age. I'm working on some interior restoration right now before I drive it down to Archie's in a few weeks and after she comes home a nice shiny new paint job will definately be in order

Here's to hoping Archie can post plenty of pictures of the surgery and make over!

Todd
RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2006 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RiceCooker

1178 posts
Member since May 2000
Was out yesterday cleaning up and took some pics with the new phone...still figuring out the PIP but I think I got it

"the patient".....

[This message has been edited by RiceCooker (edited 06-25-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2006 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, we'll start off with a major organ replacement......a little cosmetic surgery and then a few other makeover items

Brand new crate 350 ZZ4
Muncie 4spd ---> Getgrag 5spd conversionTodd

What. No 6-speed/choptop??? I'm sure if you leave it at Archie's long enough, you may gain a additional gear, hehe. (j/k) Nice Rims...I've seen that style on the GBCT...hmm?

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha, actually the 6 speed has been discussed...but if I could I would definatley do a chop over a 6 spd conversion.....who knows....maybe in a couple years I will head down for another little drive

The car in the background is my daily driver/winter car....a 1995 Pontiac Firefly, it has a BIG BAD inline 1.0 litre 3 cylinder. Just think what Archie could do to that car!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2006 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

haha, actually the 6 speed has been discussed...but if I could I would definatley do a chop over a 6 spd conversion.....who knows....maybe in a couple years I will head down for another little drive

Well, if you do decide, you'll have Dr. CPU as company...he's #023.

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, if you do decide, you'll have Dr. CPU as company...he's #023.

I'm still the only Canuck with the chop! Heck you can always drive it around in primer for a year or two! DO DA CHOP - DO DA CHOP! DO DA 6SPEED DO DA 6SPEED!

Ask your folks for an upfront on the will - tell em it's money well spent!!!

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

DO DA CHOP - DO DA CHOP! DO DA 6SPEED DO DA 6SPEED!

Well,I absolutely cannot do both!

......but.........

I am very seriously considering doing one of them.....just curious madcurl......if another chop was done in early August, would it be #24 or #25?
It would also be very cool to be Canadian choptop #2

maybe I will have some news later this week

~T~

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am very seriously considering doing one of them.....just curious madcurl......if another chop was done in early August, would it be #24 or #25?~T~

Hmm. I don't know because, Archie more or less said, "it's first come, first numbered." So between now and then he may be working on someone's chopper as we speak.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was reminded today that I really haven't updated this thread in more than a month.

We've been pretty busy for the last month, so I thought I'd just bring you up to date with a few pictures of what we've been doing this last month.......

The LS1 engine is so strong we has to cage it

This customer built car is now in the hands of a new owner in Wisconsin. The new owner decided that it needed a fresh SBC in it, here is the old one......

The LS1 getting it's 1st trial fit & waiting on it's new chrome intake......

More work getting done on the LS1 swap......

LS1 in it's new home for the last time.......

The engine that's going into the WI car......

fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[

[/QUOTE]

is that a brand x or first gen steel adapter plate? it looks thinner then the aluminum one you offer. maybe im just seeing things too.

Nice rebody in the backround...

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd

thread here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058999.html
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
73 VW Karmann Ghia convertible (sold to finish SBC swap)

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We also did a special part for DrCPU's car.........

We rec'd a Big Wheel.........

And a set of not too little wheels.......

We had to see how one would fit on the IMSA car.......

This is what the LS1 is going into......... '88 "T" top............

A very secret project we can't talk about..........

fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by Archie:[/B

A mid engine sostice? Its about time someone put it in the right end.....

------------------

thread here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058999.html
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually we have 2 2nd owner V-8 Fieros in the shop for work for the new owners, this is the one that got the fresh engine. As it turns out the fresh engine was from a Mud Bog truck & it has one heck of a cam in it........ you should hear it..........here's a spy pic.....

Here is a retro fit of a TPI unit to the other Fiero that is now on it's 2nd owner (also now owned by an owner in WI)........

Another shot a little while later...........

I have a couple of ZZ4 crate engines that came in........... does anyone want to claim them?......

More tomorrow.

Archie

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you done any weight comparison of the LS1 and 6 speed setup compared to the stock 6 cylinder and 5 speed? I'd suspect the weight difference on the engines isn't that much considering all the aluminum... I pulled an LS1 out of a turbocharged Tran Am this week and tore it down for beefier rods and pistons so it can run more boost. That block is pretty light I just picked it up and set it in a pickup without any real grunting... heads are a lot lighter than cast iron ones also. I'm wondering if that offsets the classic small block swap weight difference much.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you given that Solstice a name? I nominate: "Sol-oh!"

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I have a couple of ZZ4 crate engines that came in........... does anyone want to claim them?......

More tomorrow.

Archie

I call the one on the left!

See you in 17 days
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.

PFF
System Bot
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...ummmm, the one with the blue valve covers up there would be mine. Took it home today :-)

------------------
..from beautiful Caledonia, WI
87 GT 5 speed med red
87 GT 5 speed V8 sbc (being resurected)

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie I sent you a PM, but I dunno if it worked.... ergg. lemme know if it went through, thanks.
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Have you given that Solstice a name? I nominate: "Sol-oh!"

Stick a bottle in it and call it the Equinox.

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

Stick a bottle in it and call it the Equinox.

Do you really want to give it the same name as this?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...what in the news???
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dibs!!!...dibs!!!

oh... i guess some cash might be needed... nevermind.
RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, has that beastly new ZZ4 busted out of its crate yet?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie, has that beastly new ZZ4 busted out of its crate yet?

Actually one of the ZZ4's is in the customers' car & finished. He'll be getting his car Tuesday.

Most of the suspension stuff for your car is here. The transmission is here & all the other parts we need to complete it. We'll be pulling your engine out of the crate Monday morning & getting it put together.

Brake calipers & rotors etc. will be here Tuesday.

So we'll be ready for you.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm. Let's see what's on Archie T.V.?

JetroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So the Purple Pavement Eater is back?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JetroGT:
So the Purple Pavement Eater is back?

No we just finished 4 V-8 swaps that all had the Chrome injection systems on them & this was one of them.

Archie
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a very special secret..

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

A mid engine sostice? Its about time someone put it in the right end.....

still my best guess..

------------------

thread here: [URL=//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058999.html[/URL] 85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2006 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually one of the ZZ4's is in the customers' car & finished. He'll be getting his car Tuesday.

Most of the suspension stuff for your car is here. The transmission is here & all the other parts we need to complete it. We'll be pulling your engine out of the crate Monday morning & getting it put together.

Brake calipers & rotors etc. will be here Tuesday.

So we'll be ready for you.

Archie

Sounds great!

Any pics yet?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds great!

Any pics yet?

Sure the engine & transmission are all ready for you....in 6 hours from crate to engine/trans assembly......

Archie
RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work!

a thing of beauty...
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2006 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know if the G6 6-speed is offered in any Pontiacs, coupled with a V-8? I thought I saw that it could be had hooked up to the 5.3, but all I see on pontiac.com is the 3900 in the G6 GXP, and the 5.3 in the GP GXP. But the GP only seems to come with a 4-speed auto. :-/

Thanks.

-- Rodney
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Anyone know if the G6 6-speed is offered in any Pontiacs, coupled with a V-8?
-- Rodney

If I'm not mistaken thats what archie is using... the f40 6spd trans...
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Anyone know if the G6 6-speed is offered in any Pontiacs, coupled with a V-8? I thought I saw that it could be had hooked up to the 5.3, but all I see on pontiac.com is the 3900 in the G6 GXP, and the 5.3 in the GP GXP. But the GP only seems to come with a 4-speed auto. :-/

Thanks.

-- Rodney

The only vehicle GM is using the F40 transmission in is the G6 GXP.

That is the same transmission that I've been putting in the Fieros for a few months now.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I went to a show this last weekend in Kansas City.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock