Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 33)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350155 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt I can't belive this thread is on page4
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EEEwwwwwwwww...................it's all..........dull and messy.

Gosh...I hope someone is going to fix that up

I like the Suburban in the background.

That Solstice is looking a little more powerful these days.

Mark
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

That looks so good. I can't wait for the first driving impression.

USFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2006 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFiero1Send a Private Message to USFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed when I was at yoru shop and in all these pic's the majority of the cars are covered in dust.. even the interiors! I don't know how you guys can stand it
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Damn...how different would the world look at Pontiac if Archie were working there.....

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know Archie has his exhaust all planned out already but wouldn't the solstice look great with sidepipes. kinda like a '65 shelby cobra.

any photoshoppers out there are welcome to show what it would look like.

[This message has been edited by riley (edited 01-30-2006).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by riley:

I know Archie has his exhaust all planned out already but wouldn't the solstice look great with sidepipes. kinda like a '65 shelby cobra.

HI all,

HINT, Hint!! hehehe..............

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero1:

I noticed when I was at yoru shop and in all these pic's the majority of the cars are covered in dust.. even the interiors! I don't know how you guys can stand it

There is dust on some of my cars, but we try to keep the customer cars covered. The main time that customer cars get dusty is when they are the cars that are creating the dust, like the IMSA has been for the last few weeks.

The Yellow Roadster isn't dusty, it's in the process of being wet sanded in the pictures above.

Archie

Murciero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MurcieroSend a Private Message to MurcieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when will the G6 tranny mated with an LS2 kit be ready?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Murciero:

when will the G6 tranny mated with an LS2 kit be ready?

I'm waiting on one last part right now. It's being prototyped right now at the machine shop. I should have it in the next few days.

We are working on final assembly on the PFF Roadster right now. That is the 1st car being built around the 6 speed & it is getting the LS1. As soon as we get that last part, we'll fit it to that car & do 1 test to it, then we'll be done. Then all I'll have to do is call the machine shop & tell them to make me 40 or 50 of those parts & we'll be ready to go.

The 6 speed kit will be shipping out before the end of THIS month.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you gonna get Tina to do one of her "stress tests" on it?

------------------
"All anybody wants is a normal life and a cool car. Most people settle for the car." -Christopher Titus

BITBYFIEROBUG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BITBYFIEROBUGSend a Private Message to BITBYFIEROBUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All in favour of archie being elected as our new god say, "I".

"I"

------------------
Live Like You Were Dying

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie that yellow roadster is just mad sexy !

Just curious though,..if someone wanted a simple fiero roadster, would you offer that service ? In other words chop the roof off and strengthen it the way you did on this car (the yellow PFF roadster) ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-01-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Are you gonna get Tina to do one of her "stress tests" on it?

Actually it's going to be a few weeks before we can drive the 6 speed car. I'm sure the new part will work just fine, several people put a lot of work went into designing it.

The test is to ensure that the Fiero clutch master cylinder will work with the 6 speed Hyd. Throw out bearing without over traveling it. The original G6 master cylinder is very small compared to the Fiero unit.

Archie

------------------

Murciero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MurcieroSend a Private Message to MurcieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much, for all your hard work. You and the guys are right on track.

I called you in about October asking about, and you said between the end of Feb or so, so you're right on track with the 6 speed.

TWO QUESTIONs:
Q 1: Is this tranny better than the one that WCF offers, they are charging a heep of cash for it?

http://www.westcoastfiero.com/transmission/transmission.html

I understand that the new G6 tranny is Saab engineered.

Q 2: What are the specs on this new transmission?

Thank you, and praise the lord that you're making our dreams come true.
SPEED & STYLE at Blue collar prices....

------------------
White 88 Formula Stock everything, Gold 87 SE stock everything.

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm waiting on one last part right now. It's being prototyped right now at the machine shop. I should have it in the next few days.

We are working on final assembly on the PFF Roadster right now. That is the 1st car being built around the 6 speed & it is getting the LS1. As soon as we get that last part, we'll fit it to that car & do 1 test to it, then we'll be done. Then all I'll have to do is call the machine shop & tell them to make me 40 or 50 of those parts & we'll be ready to go.

The 6 speed kit will be shipping out before the end of THIS month.

Archie

Does that mean that this part is specific to the LSx swap and that a stock v6 swap is ready to go?
By the way, did the leather seat bottom show up from Ed's? Also the tires show have showed up already so I need to get off my arse and send those wheels..

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

. . . and praise the lord that you're making our dreams come true.

. . .well. . . , praise Archie for sure. . .

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie is doing my 350 with the G6 6 Speed so the answer is no!

I haven't seen any pics yet - on progress - but can hardly wait to pick it up this spring.

'88 GT - now slightly modifed =8^)

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, is there an official "Solstice engine-swap" thread anywhere?
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Archie, is there an official "Solstice engine-swap" thread anywhere?

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10409

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Does that mean that this part is specific to the LSx swap and that a stock v6 swap is ready to go?
By the way, did the leather seat bottom show up from Ed's? Also the tires show have showed up already so I need to get off my arse and send those wheels..

The parts I've been waiting on are needed for each type of engine. However, they vary in size for each engine. The 2 prototype parts are for the LS1 & SBC engines. As soon as I fit either one of them I'll know if my sizing is right on the other sizes I designed & I can have him run the 4 different sizes that will fit the 2.8, 4.9, SBC & LSx engines.

Yes, I got the seat bottom, No tires yet.

Now the good news, the machine shop emailed today to say the prototypes are done. So I'll call him tomorrow to see how quick we can get them here.

Archie

BTW: Some contractors in the area where my shop is, cut a major phone cable today. That knocked out my phones about noon. SBC says the line will take a few days to fix, so my 800 number has been forwarded to my cell phone for now. Cell phone coverage inside the building is a bit poor, so if you can't get me keep trying.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Just curious though,..if someone wanted a simple fiero roadster, would you offer that service ? In other words chop the roof off and strengthen it the way you did on this car (the yellow PFF roadster) ?

Yes

Murciero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MurcieroSend a Private Message to MurcieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PLEASE HELP

Does anyone has the specs for the new G6 tranny, I know i saw a thread months back but i forgot where it was, and on that thread had all the specs and a break down pic as well.

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PLEASE HELP

Does anyone has the specs for the new G6 tranny, I know i saw a thread months back but i forgot where it was, and on that thread had all the specs and a break down pic as well.

All the transmission specs are on this page... http://www.fastfieros.com/NEW_manual_transmission_ratios.htm

Loyde

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last of the prototype parts should be here today.

We will have them test fitted & tested as best as we can in about 3 hours.

Then I give the guy a call & have him make about 20 of them for each of the 4.9, 2.8, SBC & LSx engines.

Then we'll be ready to rock & roll.

It occurs to me that, as we build 6 speed cars in house to prove out the kit, it will be the 1st time we've worked on a stock 2.8 Fiero with the intention to put the stock engine back in. The only thing I've ever done to a 2.8 Fiero in the past is to take it apart, I've never put one together. It will also be the 1st time working on a 4.9 Fiero. I'm kinda scared about working on the 2.8, after years of hearing all the horor stories about cracked manifolds, broken studs in the heads etc. I'm just hoping that on the the few 2.8 6 speed swaps we do, we don't find those kinds of problems.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-03-2006).]

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any idea on a price for this?

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 02-04-2006).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The last of the prototype parts should be here today.

We will have them test fitted & tested as best as we can in about 3 hours.

Then I give the guy a call & have him make about 20 of them for each of the 4.9, 2.8, SBC & LSx engines.

Then we'll be ready to rock & roll.

It occurs to me that, as we build 6 speed cars in house to prove out the kit, it will be the 1st time we've worked on a stock 2.8 Fiero with the intention to put the stock engine back in. The only thing I've ever done to a 2.8 Fiero in the past is to take it apart, I've never put one together. It will also be the 1st time working on a 4.9 Fiero. I'm kinda scared about working on the 2.8, after years of hearing all the horor stories about cracked manifolds, broken studs in the heads etc. I'm just hoping that on the the few 2.8 6 speed swaps we do, we don't find those kinds of problems.

Archie

I'll be getting a custom exhaust once it gets back home anyway...but being able to drive it to my mechanic for the motor swap+rebuild would be a big plus!
Have the tires arrived? I'll be shipping a wheel everyday from Monday to Thursday.

- Lou

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... It will also be the 1st time working on a 4.9 Fiero.
Archie

Did I miss something? Are you doing conversions to 6 speed? How about auto to 6 speed on a 4.9?

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jon, isn't the 6 speed one of those "manu-matics" that can be put into manual or automatic mode ? or do you still need the clutch pedal ? I'm not sure this thread had all the small details, but I seem to have seen a pic (of the yelow raodster ?) that did not have a transmission shifter in the stock console position.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As far as I know the G6 tranny is a regular manual transmission...not a manually shifted automatic.
PFF
System Bot
riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i figure since nobody acted on this it was cause they didnt want to look up pics. i found a few but they arent too good.

oh yeah, bump to the top

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Jon, isn't the 6 speed one of those "manu-matics" that can be put into manual or automatic mode ? or do you still need the clutch pedal ? I'm not sure this thread had all the small details, but I seem to have seen a pic (of the yelow raodster ?) that did not have a transmission shifter in the stock console position.

The Roadster didn't have the shifter installed in the car yet. The center console that was installed in the vehicle was the original prototype piece that I painted for Fierorama, and that was just for show. The engine/trans wasn't installed in the car yet, and it's in the process of being installed as we speak ( not at this hour of the night, though ). I've been doing some final wet sanding and polishing on the car so it'll be ready to show at Daytona, and the shifter will be in place at that time and the car will be complete. It is a true shift unit, not a manu-matic. I got a nice look at the guts today, and it's a really nice setup. Very impressive.

Mark

------------------

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jon and Mark, thanks for clearing that up for me
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a problem at all. This car is looking fabulous and I'm really excited to see this car finished. It's such a neat design that it'll really stand out just as much as a chop-top Fiero.

Mark
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i figure since nobody acted on this it was cause they didnt want to look up pics. i found a few but they arent too good.

oh yeah, bump to the top

Us Saskatoon Guys have to stick together.

------------------

1985 2M4
-A/F and Voltmeter gauges in A-Pillar gauge pod
-Jenzen Bass tube............................................-Mini scorpion wing
-MTX 250W RMS amplifier..................................-2003 Subaru WRX 16" rims
-Viper Security system

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie that yellow roadster is just mad sexy !

how thick of metal was used in those pictures to strengthen the fiero? are those the only place that were strengthened? anyone have link to the thread?

thanks for the photoshop toon.

[This message has been edited by riley (edited 02-06-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

how thick of metal was used in those pictures to strengthen the fiero? are those the only place that were strengthened? anyone have link to the thread?

thanks for the photoshop toon.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/054448.html

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Well we've got all the parts & proceedures figured out for the 6 speed conversions.

The parts we test fitted the other day are already set for production. All the other "outside" parts needed are either here or are available on very short notice.

These 6 speed conversions are using a lot of O.T.C. Pontiac G6 parts. People who want to do these 6 speed swaps at home with a kit can opt to get those items themselves or we can get them for you. The same thing goes for those who want to have us do the swap. You can bring the parts with you or we can get them for you. I know a lot of people will be calling the bone yards looking for wrecked G6's

We have all the fitting already tested on the SBC & the LSx engines.

There are a few people on PFF who own 4.9 & 2.8 Fieros who have asked that their cars be used for the initial fittings of the parts for those swaps. Those people should EMail me so that we can get their Pontiac parts ordered for them. The 1st 2 2.8 & 4.9 in house swap customers are the only ones who will get the discounted labor rate to do their cars. After that a fair labor rate will be used.

As soon as we've done a couple of these swaps in house, we will have vdeo instructions that will come with the 6 speed conversion kits we ship out.

Who will be the 1st one on your block with a 6 speed Fiero?

Archie

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When will you post the prices for the SBC kits?

------------------
SBC "FinIERO"
87 T-top (soon to get the FinIERO transplant)
'86 SE
www.finiero.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock