Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 32)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350155 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Will you throw in a discount seeing that I am a previous customer?

Sure I will.

Clem, I'm going to bring it to Daytona in case you want to check it out.

Archie

IP: Logged
crzyone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I hope thats not a lease

Cool project. LS series engines are pretty awesome.

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 01-14-2006).]

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

You gonna get rid of your LT1 88 GT?

NEVER-----NEVER-----NEVER

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Must be tough on your guys having to cut through all that grease and grime and deal with all those rusted fasteners after being used to working with pristine Fieros!

Jim

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am on Mallett's e-mail list for the V8 but after seeing his 1/4 mile times plus his $18,000 minimum price for the V8, well it is time to look for another source for the installation.

I intend to look over your car from front to back and top to bottom plus take a butt load of pics.
Of course you will let me drive it or at least go for a ride??

Sure I will.

Clem, I'm going to bring it to Daytona in case you want to check it out.

Archie

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LT188GT

5180 posts
Member since Jul 2003
John did I mention that I would NEVER----NEVER----NEVER sell my 88?
Well I might when--------
Hell freezes over.
The sun comes out at night in Miami.
They bring back the Fiero again.
Pigs can fly.
A dollar is worth a dollar.
Well you get the picture and when this happens, you will be the first guy on the buyer list seeing that you already drove the car.

Originally posted by Formula88:

You gonna get rid of your LT1 88 GT?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah all the rusty bolts & dirty old parts are hard to work with on this car.

We had time to do a little trial fitting today.

Archie

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Anytime you wanna drive that little monster to be thru Nova Scotia, I have a couch you can sleep on if I can go for a ride
in the Solstice
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmmm Zesty
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you going to use the stock transmission that comes in the solstice archie?

matthew

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

are you going to use the stock transmission that comes in the solstice archie?

matthew

This 1st build is going to use the Stock Sol 5 speed, mostly so I can develope the parts to make that trans work with this engine. Then my 2nd build will be the LS2 with a T56 6 speed on the back, once again so that I can develope the parts to do it.

I think I'd prefer the 6 speed & it isn't as much more expensive as Mallett would have you believe.

We'll just have to see how it goes.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
JacobHaley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JacobHaleySend a Private Message to JacobHaleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I think a v8 Solstice/Sky is definately in my future.
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very brave, I think for ripping into a new car like that.

Good job.

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

markviiisvt4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markviiisvt4Click Here to visit markviiisvt4's HomePageSend a Private Message to markviiisvt4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
delete

[This message has been edited by markviiisvt4 (edited 01-19-2006).]

markviiisvt4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markviiisvt4Click Here to visit markviiisvt4's HomePageSend a Private Message to markviiisvt4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

markviiisvt4

726 posts
Member since Jun 2005
delete

------------------
85 fiero GT 3800 sc swap in progress
98 Sunfire waiting for 4.9 and AWD
85 S-10 turbocharged 3800
83 Citation x-11 turbocharged 3.1 with AWD 6000 running gear SOLD
94 Bonneville SLE daily driver
94 Bonneville SSEi wifes pearl pink daily driver
93 Bonneville SSEi I duno why
94 Bonneville SSEi parts for the rest of them

[This message has been edited by markviiisvt4 (edited 01-19-2006).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by markviiisvt4:

that car have AC? ours do LOL.

And just what cars do you have???

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

And just what cars do you have???

See his profile:

I'm guessing he's just tossing out comments about the problems Mallett had.

markviiisvt4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markviiisvt4Click Here to visit markviiisvt4's HomePageSend a Private Message to markviiisvt4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep, Not the type to start trouble but the comment about the 6 speed not costing as much as "Mallets would have you think" pissed me off
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

that car have AC? ours do LOL.

Yeah, I think I can make the A/C work for a lot less than the $1900 Mallett charges to hook up the A/C.

Maybe I can get you to ride in the passanger seat sometime.

Archie (<~~~~~~ Home of the Blue Collar V-8 Solstice)

markviiisvt4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markviiisvt4Click Here to visit markviiisvt4's HomePageSend a Private Message to markviiisvt4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

me and two other guys put each one of those cars together by hand one at a time with parts right from GM including fresh ls2's right off the line, so i know exactly what has to be done. Can a guy buy the parts and figure out how to get the engine in himself for less? Yeah. Can a guy buy the parts, put the engine in, and get it to run for less? Possibly. Can a guy do all that get it to run and the rest of the car work like factory while still keeping his warranty FOR LESS? I doubt it. I shouldn't have posted what I did as it was a little imature, and in no way was I trying to bad mouth you . The work that you guys do with the fieros is awesome (wouldn't mind having my GT chopped and a v8 installed buy you guys since i have no time). I have no doubt that you will get that thing running and have a **** load of fun, but it's not like the old days where you can stick a small block in what ever it will fit in and your done it really is a pain in the ass. Any way again wasn't trying to bad mouth your work just trying to defend what we do.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any way again wasn't trying to bad mouth your work just trying to defend what we do.

Don't you mean "defend what we [charge]." ?

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

me and two other guys put each one of those cars together by hand one at a time with parts right from GM including fresh ls2's right off the line, so i know exactly what has to be done. Can a guy buy the parts and figure out how to get the engine in himself for less? Yeah. Can a guy buy the parts, put the engine in, and get it to run for less? Possibly. Can a guy do all that get it to run and the rest of the car work like factory while still keeping his warranty FOR LESS? I doubt it. I shouldn't have posted what I did as it was a little imature, and in no way was I trying to bad mouth you . The work that you guys do with the fieros is awesome (wouldn't mind having my GT chopped and a v8 installed buy you guys since i have no time). I have no doubt that you will get that thing running and have a **** load of fun, but it's not like the old days where you can stick a small block in what ever it will fit in and your done it really is a pain in the ass. Any way again wasn't trying to bad mouth your work just trying to defend what we do.

I think that Mallett & company are spending too much time worrying about little old Archie.

Just a little less than 2 years ago, I started planning my V-8 Solstice swap. I ordered me car on the 1st day they could be ordered & waited 8 months & 8 days to get it. I have always planned on doing kits for installing a V-8 into the car & never planned to do turn-key cars exclusively. I knew I wouldn't be the only guy doing a V-8 Solstice & never thought I'd be able to be the 1st V-8 Solstice builder. I understand that Mallett plans to offer Turn-Key only cars to it's customers who are used to paying a premium for the Mallett name on the car.

Just like with the Fiero, my goal has always been to supply the average guy the knowledge & parts to be able to build his own performance car on a "Blue Collar" budget. Mallett is not interested in those people, I am. I'm sure that I won't be pulling any of those high dollar customers, who are serious, out of the Mallett showroom. I also am in this for the long term. 2,3,4 or 5 years from now, people will be buying Sol's off of used car lots & they'll be able to call me to supply them with the parts & knowledge to put a V-8 into that donor car. 5 years from now, Mallett will be off working on the latest & greatest "Hot" car of the day. Be it the new Camaro, or whatever comes after that, they will be going the direction their customers' steer them in. I'll still be building V-8 Fieros & V-8 Sols because that's what I'm into & that's where my loyalties lie.

Sure, I'll be doing a few turnkeys from time to time. When I do, I'll be able to save my customers a pocket full of change but my customers are not the one's Mallett is targeting.

Archie

DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie:
That was a great post.

Says a lot about you and your business, as your satisfied customers will testify.

markviiisvt4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markviiisvt4Click Here to visit markviiisvt4's HomePageSend a Private Message to markviiisvt4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DandRauto:

Archie:
That was a great post.

Says a lot about you and your business, as your satisfied customers will testify.

I agree. Some of the comments about Malletts just rubbed me the wrong way and I was quick to defend. Archie is right we shouldn't even be comparing the 2 since we really are at the the two extream ends of the market. Each one to his own and I say again good luck in all your new endevors, and as always great work.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This 1st build is going to use the Stock Sol 5 speed, mostly so I can develope the parts to make that trans work with this engine. Then my 2nd build will be the LS2 with a T56 6 speed on the back, once again so that I can develope the parts to do it.

I think I'd prefer the 6 speed & it isn't as much more expensive as Mallett would have you believe.

We'll just have to see how it goes.

Archie

I'd have to say thats because you haven't done it so you don't know yet what is required to make it work.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

I'd have to say thats because you haven't done it so you don't know yet what is required to make it work.

Actually, I'm a lot farther along than you might think.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fair enough - was just basing it on the progress pics so far
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...was just basing it on the progress pics so far

Fair enough, but he might already be driving this car around and just now getting around to posting pics.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Fair enough, but he might already be driving this car around and just now getting around to posting pics.

you think he is driving around one with the 6speed tranny that i commented on?

Archie: 01-17-2006

doesn't sound like he has the solstice tranny working yet let alone the 6speed -- in the end i think the 6speed is a much better choice for the high hp applications

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doesn't sound like he has the solstice tranny working yet let alone the 6speed --

I have no idea how far along Archie is in his projects... but if he's been planning this swap for years he obviously has done enough research to know that he can make it work. Most people are not going to cut into a $20K+ car without a good plan to put it back together.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doesn't sound like he has the solstice tranny working yet let alone the 6speed -- in the end i think the 6speed is a much better choice for the high hp applications

To be honest, I'm getting pretty well tired of posting progress pics op only to have smart remarks thrown at me from every Tom Dick & Harry.

You shouldn't be too worried about me buddy, I've got my projects under control.

I came here to update the Sol progress but it'll have to wait 'til later.

Maybe you could start a thread on your projects.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-23-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by jscott1:

I have no idea how far along Archie is in his projects... but if he's been planning this swap for years he obviously has done enough research to know that he can make it work. Most people are not going to cut into a $20K+ car without a good plan to put it back together.

That brings up another thing, I have the engine/clutch/flwheel/trans all matched up & bolted together. That whole assembly is in the car already. The exhaust isn't finished but we have it's routing all figured out. The accessories are all but mounted. The throttle body clears the hood just fine. And guess what, not a thing on the Sol has been cut yet.

Archie

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

That is some da*% good news archie! I think that this Malett or whatever has some compettion (sp)!!! Ugggghhh, I can't spell tonite....lol......

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome work Archie
metoady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for metoadyClick Here to visit metoady's HomePageSend a Private Message to metoadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keep up the good work archie
most of us here love your work

----------------------------------------
the voices in my head may not be real....
but they have some good ideas

aerosmithr0cker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aerosmithr0ckerSend a Private Message to aerosmithr0ckerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds good i am excited to see the pictures when it is done.
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To be honest, I'm getting pretty well tired of posting progress pics op only to have smart remarks thrown at me from every Tom Dick & Harry.

You shouldn't be too worried about me buddy, I've got my projects under control.

I came here to update the Sol progress but it'll have to wait 'til later.

Maybe you could start a thread on your projects.

Archie

read over it again.. nope no smart comments.. just statements based solely on the information present..

my projects? yeah i do start threads about them, thanks for the idea though.

feel free to PM me if you have some personal beef i don't know about

edit: oh gotta stay on topic.. i'm interested to see the pics and look forward to seeing whats involved in using the v8 tranny since personally i suspect that will be the tranny of choice.

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 01-24-2006).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, do you have the center console you made for the convertable for sale?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

Archie, do you have the center console you made for the convertable for sale?

Sorry, not yet, we just haven't had time to take molds off of the parts.

Just got too much to do.

Archie

typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HEY Archie! Sent you a PM a while back about TPI system. Can you check on it please?
Thank You.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock