Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 31)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350158 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Wonder what mine would appraise out to at Volo?

What do they charge for an appraisal?

They charge $100.00 plus you get free admission to the Museum for you & your party.

We had 5 in our party so the net cost for the appraisal was less than $50.

Archie

IP: Logged
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That cheaper than the appraisal I had before.
I need to get an up to date appraisal with the V-8 in it. The last one was from right after I had the 3.4L installed.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will Martin was in today to pick up his Chop Top.

Nice guy, we had a lot of fun visiting.

He doesn't look cold does he?

Archie

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He look's "cold"? Nice work Archie. Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet Will-Martin. Please Drive safely...ya, don't want to lose that cargo.

Hmm. I just made 4000 post. Glad to have done it while looking at this thread.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-28-2005).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe Carburetor:

Got any update pics on the tpi reversed plenum project

Here are the final pics on the TPI reversed intake.

Archie

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, when Car and Driver had their first Solstice test drive article, at the end they said "somebody will put a V-8 in one". You should contact Car and Driver and let them know when your car is ready. That could be some cool Big-time exposure for you .

PS. That chrome injection system is the nicest thing I've ever seen for an engine !!!

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 12-27-2005).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

Check it out for the LS1 solstice. Mallett has these for sale already. Great article in the 19 Dec issue of "AutoWeek".

Rob

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Check it out for the LS1 solstice. Mallett has these for sale already. Great article in the 19 Dec issue of "AutoWeek".

Rob

Yup, but they only do turn key installs. Archie's doing a kit for everyone who wants to build their own car.

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, pretty sharp. 18 grand + the car. thanks for the info guys, but right now if they were $0.25 per mile i couldn't afford to go around the block
SappySE107

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2005 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SappySE107Click Here to visit SappySE107's HomePageSend a Private Message to SappySE107Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you have to have a V8 to go 0-100 quickly? I don't understand your comment at all about boosted 4 cylinders only being effective at 160 mph and v8s being superior to 100 mph. What happened to powerbands and gearing and well...common sense.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SappySE107:

So you have to have a V8 to go 0-100 quickly?

You need to pay attention, that isn't what I said. I said that many of us like the torque of a Chevy V-8. We like a car to pull hard from the start. We don't want to wait around for the engine to get to 5000 RPM before we start having fun.

If you'd like to argue about my opinion, go start yourself a new thread & have a good time.

Thanks for your input.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
... I said that many of us like the torque of a Chevy V-8. We like a car to pull hard from the start. We don't want to wait around for the engine to get to 5000 RPM before we start having fun....
Archie

That about summs it up for me.

Instant gratification: I want it, & I want it NOW - who's got time to "spool, rev, ect..."

< side note: > I really like the reveresed intake, looks sweet sittin in there.

--Allen

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Will's a great guy. Congratulations!

This car looks a lot like it's cousin the chop t-top.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He doesn't look cold does he?

Archie

Cold? Yes!

Us Texas guys can't handle the cold. I really don't see how you "Northern Folk" handle the weather up there. From what I am told, it was mild at 35 degrees. haha!

Great talking with you Archie, you guys did a great job on the car. Special thanks to Chris and Rob for the nice fit and finish on the vehicle. I stopped several times on the way home just to stare at the car. Had many people gawk at it too when I stopped to fill up. Hope to see you guys at Daytona.

--Will

------------------
My Cardomain Website: BLACKHEART FIERO

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will-Martin

1164 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Originally posted by jscott1:

Will's a great guy. Congratulations!

This car looks a lot like it's cousin the chop t-top.

Thanks JScott! I could not stop smiling on the way home, I know how you guys feel now. I hated to drop the car off at Loyde's, but work calls and Loyde has a few little finishing touches to do to the car before I do the body/paint/interior. The car should be complete for Daytona, at least that is the plan.

--Will

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:
Cold? Yes!

Us Texas guys can't handle the cold. I really don't see how you "Northern Folk" handle the weather up there. From what I am told, it was mild at 35 degrees. haha!

Great talking with you Archie, you guys did a great job on the car. Special thanks to Chris and Rob for the nice fit and finish on the vehicle. I stopped several times on the way home just to stare at the car. Had many people gawk at it too when I stopped to fill up. Hope to see you guys at Daytona.

--Will

We had a good time too. We will be at Daytona, not sure what cars we will have done by then but we'll be there.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I can see why Curley calls stock roofed Fieros "Bubbletops".

The funny thing is that the Bubbletop in these pics is Curley's

Archie

P.S. it almost looks like a Taxi Cab.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-28-2005).]

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edited--Moved to the other thread as soon as I saw it

[This message has been edited by AaronZ34 (edited 12-28-2005).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Archie, Hey is this the first side by side east coast west coast chop?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Looks good Archie, Hey is this the first side by side east coast west coast chop?

Wow, yeah I guess it is, one from NY one from CA. I never even thought of that.

Hey Troy, you need to start thinking about a name for your car. IMSA, Chop, ZZ383........ I'm calling it The Perfect Union right now.

I think that name has a lot of meaning right now.

Archie

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if i see troys car, im going to call it "get your ass in my garage!"

troy might not like that name, but it has a ring to me.

So archie, Whens the last time you've daily driven a 4cyl fiero?
just curious, Ive never owned a 4cyl fiero and driven it before myself.

matthew

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can see why Curley calls stock roofed Fieros "Bubbletops".

The funny thing is that the Bubbletop in these pics is Curley's

Archie

You mean that's Curley's Challenger's car, right ExoticSE

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

You mean that's Curley's Challenger's car, right ExoticSE

Talk to my lawyer.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, yeah I guess it is, one from NY one from CA. I never even thought of that.

Hey Troy, you need to start thinking about a name for your car. IMSA, Chop, ZZ383........ I'm calling it The Perfect Union right now.

I think that name has a lot of meaning right now.

Archie

The Perfect Union sounds like a good name for now. who knows what I will be calling it by the time we are done ( hahaha). East coast and West coast are kicking around a few ideas. I will pm you if it comes to pass.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread started 3 years ago yesterday

How many of the cars that were in the shop that day can you identify?

Archie

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can name them all---they are all Fieros.

I may be wrong, but is that my LT1 on the upper car lift?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

I may be wrong, but is that my LT1 on the upper car lift?

Yep, 3 years ago this week, that was your car.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This thread started 3 years ago yesterday

How many of the cars that were in the shop that day can you identify?

Archie

LT188GT, Madcurl's Silver chop top, The Stinger, The purple pavement eater, I believe Jim88GT's future chop top ?.

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The blue Fino under the lift, and the silver Fino at the very left edge of the first pic behind the Stinger...

I believe that the white nochie behind the Fino was the V-8 indy, and the upper right of the pic holds the frame structure for the GT-40........

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 12-29-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious Archie do you have any old pictures of Daniel Johnson's car (CHoptop) before, during, or after the chop ?? I remember seeing 2 old pictures outside of the shop in the snow, but that is it.

It was choptop #4.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

LT188GT, Madcurl's Silver chop top, The Stinger, The purple pavement eater, I believe Jim88GT's future chop top ?.

That's my anwer too. Plus, the Blue Fino. At the time I didn't know alot of the member's cars.

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for updates.
Time to feed the Fiero junkie

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 01-06-2006).]

BITBYFIEROBUG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BITBYFIEROBUGSend a Private Message to BITBYFIEROBUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on Archie....don't leave us in the dark.

------------------
Live Like You Were Dying

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

bump for updates.
Time to feed the Fiero junkie

I'm covering the build up of your car in this thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/069871.html

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Future WOW in the making.
Archie when I get my Saturn Sky, will you drop in a LS1 for me?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Future WOW in the making.
Archie when I get my Saturn Sky, will you drop in a LS1 for me?

I sure will, my friend.

Archie

Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awww geeze Archie. that's gona void your warranty ya know

Russ

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will you throw in a discount seeing that I am a previous customer?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You gonna get rid of your LT1 88 GT?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock