Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350155 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
theratdude64

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theratdude64Send a Private Message to theratdude64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats still 2 weeks off. Nov 1-4

Grrr It's looking like I cant go

:edit: I own Page 28
------------------

[This message has been edited by theratdude64 (edited 10-20-2005).]

IP: Logged
hiller21c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiller21cSend a Private Message to hiller21cEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

can I trade pride and joy for anything? ls1 kit? t-shirt? quart of mobile 1? pocket lint?

not to hijack or anything but do you have a t-shirt archie? i think i saw a thread a long time ago with people designing one but im not sure if you ever did end up making a shirt.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theratdude64:

Thats still 2 weeks off. Nov 1-4

Grrr It's looking like I cant go

:edit: I own Page 28

Maybe he will hang out for a few extra days hehehe

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-20-2005).]

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
reminds me kinda if the stinger, any one else?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chop #19 was started today.

This one is one I'm building for myself.

Word has it that there will be a Chop Top Reunion at Daytona this next Spring.

I can't go without a Chop Top.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2005 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alllllllllllllllright !!

About time you got back in the game Archie.

Daytona 2006 is going to be chop top heaven !!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

It's about time You have been without one since the stinger was sold. What's the scoop on #19? What three things will it have that have never been done before?

I'm planning to bring #14, the only question is will it have paint???

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well you now it will have a killer engine in it . Maybe suicide doors or vdc ? How about a tilt nose ? Come on Archie give us a clue .
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Another question???
Will this one be the notchie or fastback???
just so i know what to be looking for
Thanks Gary

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey it's been over 24 hrs since u started,..where are the pics ?? hehehe

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Hey it's been over 24 hrs since u started,..where are the pics ?? hehehe

Actually we have all the chopping & welding done already. Rob & Kris started on it just after 0am yesterday & were done with the steel work 'bout 3pm today.

We've just started on this car, don't know when there will be time to finish it. With all of the projects I have to do this Winter, it's very likely a couple of other chop top cars will be in & out before this one is finished.

Which brings up another question, I don't know if I should number the cars when we start on them or when they go out the door.

We haven't decided on all the details of how this car will be finished yet. I'm pretty sure it will be a Coupe but my guys want to use 85 GT Aero bumpers, I'm not sure those will look good on a chopped coupe with the other stuff I want to use.

I'm not sure on all the details we will be putting into it yet, but I'm pretty sure on a couple of things I've not seen on other Fieros yet.

I'm not sure that I'll do a build up thread on it this time. Might be fun to keep it undercover this time.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which brings up another question, I don't know if I should number the cars when we start on them or when they go out the door.

Archie

It's kind of fun to spring a fully completed chop top on the world isn't it

As for the numbering, in the aerospace business a spacecraft gets it's tail number when it's started. It doesn't matter when it's competed. The first space shuttle completed was Columbia OV-102, the second was Challenger OV-099 (started earlier).

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Iiiii wanna know whats hapenin to THIS one!!

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It's kind of fun to spring a fully completed chop top on the world isn't it

As for the numbering, in the aerospace business a spacecraft gets it's tail number when it's started. It doesn't matter when it's competed. The first space shuttle completed was Columbia OV-102, the second was Challenger OV-099 (started earlier).

That is correct. What's even more interesting is that Challenger wasn't started with the intent of it becoming a shuttle. It was a "Structural Test Article" that was basically a rear section for mounting and testing the main engines, etc. STA-099 became OV-099 when the contract for a 2nd shuttle came though, since it wasn't needed as a test article anymore and was already partially built.

They started the official numbering sequence with 100: OV-100 being Enterprise.

And I agree. I'd number them in the order they are started, not completed.

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie - do you happen to have any more details on the cost and availability of a reversed TPI (just the intake stuff, as I assume that the distributor & associated parts are to be had from Summit and/or Jegs)?

(I know we discussed it briefly at your open house, but I never did get the chance to grill you for particulars!)

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 11-10-2005).]

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a guy at fierorama that had a reversed intake TPI. that looks like it might be his car.
He ran it with an aftermarket crank trigger and stock ECM IIRC. I didn't get much chance to talk to the guy about it.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

There was a guy at fierorama that had a reversed intake TPI. that looks like it might be his car.
He ran it with an aftermarket crank trigger and stock ECM IIRC. I didn't get much chance to talk to the guy about it.

Yeah, I recall the car (they had to adjust the crank trigger at Archie's the day before)... I talked to Archie briefly about it, but we never got into any details!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not sure that I'll do a build up thread on it this time. Might be fun to keep it undercover this time.

Archie

That is actually a great idea !! What an incentive to come to Daytona, but to see Archie's latest never seen before project !

You can always take pictures and do a build up thread later.

Run with that !

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Archie - do you happen to have any more details on the cost and availability of a reversed TPI (just the intake stuff, as I assume that the distributor & associated parts are to be had from Summit and/or Jegs)?

(I know we discussed it briefly at your open house, but I never did get the chance to grill you for particulars!)

That car is owned by Gary Smith he was one of the founding members of NIFE & lived real close to my old shop in Barrington. Gary now lives in NM & drove in to the Fierorama show. We built his car 3 or 4 years ago & he just got done refurbing a lot of stuff on it. It has the TPI system reversed.

The day after Fierorama when Gary was on his way back to NM he stopped by the shop & we did some adjusting on his crank trigger.

Yes we have done parts for moving the Throttle body away from the intake system to provide a way to do it without heavy mods to the IAC mounting. We already have built one of these on a customers' Lambo project.

You have picked a very good time to ask about it, because in about 10 days or so I'm converting my GT40 to TPI using this reverse intake setup.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie,

I can see you are way busy this time of year, but did you get my PM ? Trying to get my figures together if you can shoot me some numbers.

Much appreciated

Tony aka exoticse

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2005 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, you ever done a LT5 swap into a Fiero? Could you do it? How much would it cost?

------------------
I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

Originally posted by Formula88:
Might as well cut the crack pipe out and put the joint in there.
PFF
System Bot
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

Hey Archie, you ever done a LT5 swap into a Fiero? Could you do it? How much would it cost?

Hi all,

I asked him almost this very same question, I asked if it could be done...He said yes....Though with the price tags of these engines, and the maintenance costs I though best not to ask about the price of install....It was more of a curiousity question than anyting.......

Back on topic.....About the LT5, is it true they redline at 9 g's???

Joe Carburetor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe CarburetorSend a Private Message to Joe CarburetorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all !!!!,,,

I definately like that reverse TPI setup.......looking forward to updates on this thread....I'd be in the market for the throttle spacer if available.

Joe Carburetor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe CarburetorSend a Private Message to Joe CarburetorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Joe Carburetor

69 posts
Member since Nov 2005

Got anymore pictures of this setup???

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

Iiiii wanna know whats hapenin to THIS one!!

Well that car was nearly perfect when we got it.

All anyone could do was put a bigger engine in it.

And we did.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2005 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very, very nice. I'm sure the owner is smiling from ear to ear. Hey Archie, what type of brake system does he have?

Thanks.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to post these before & after pics of Rodney's car, the Sidewinder.

Before......

After.........

rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Archie. This is truly a two fisted sports car and a joy to drive. I am currently taking it to the upholsterer to put a camel color leather interior in it to finish it off. Some one asked me what kind of car it was. I told them it was an 84 Fiero. He scratched his head and replied "It sure does't sound like one." I look at the Porsche and the BMWs now and just smile. Thank you for your creativity and attention to detail.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rodneybooth:

Thank you Archie. This is truly a two fisted sports car and a joy to drive. I am currently taking it to the upholsterer to put a camel color leather interior in it to finish it off. Some one asked me what kind of car it was. I told them it was an 84 Fiero. He scratched his head and replied "It sure does't sound like one." I look at the Porsche and the BMWs now and just smile. Thank you for your creativity and attention to detail.

We're all glad your loving your Fiero chop top.

Now here is where we start trying to talk you into bringing it to the Daytona show in March.

We are trying to put together a Chop Top Reunion for the Daytona show, can we talk you into attending?

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-28-2005).]

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come to Daytona, I want to see!!!
Thanks Gary
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Speaking of the Choptop reunion !

Archie any chance you came by any GT clips since we last talked ?

Tony

PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Any updates on the 6 speed conversion kit? I'm buying a Fiero this week...
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie any chance you came by any GT clips since we last talked ?

Tony... you've got a PM

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero that will become Chop Top #22 came in today.

Thought you'd like to see the "Before pics".

BTW: We dicided to start numbering the chops by the order they are expected to be completed. So the car I started on for myself a few weeks ago will be #21 instead of 19.

Will Martin's car is #19 & it's coming right along.

Archie

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Fiero that will become Chop Top #22 came in today.

Thought you'd like to see the "Before pics".

BTW: We dicided to start numbering the chops by the order they are expected to be completed. So the car I started on for myself a few weeks ago will be #21 instead of 19.

Will Martin's car is #19 & it's coming right along.

Archie

What about #20?

Matt

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero go fast:

What about #20?

Matt

I'm sure he'll be there.

This appears to be a great year for choptops? Maybe more than 2004?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-30-2005).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There were 4 done in 98?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...?

13. Black Death GT-X ........... Mar. 2004
14. Proud-1 Jscott1 ................... July 2004
15. Curley's widebody................sept 2004?
16. Dowdian's Sharona..................December 2004?

17.??????????????? I forgot who that person is?
18. Stinger clone "Side Winder Nov 2005
19. Will-Martin Nov 2005
20. Madcurl #3 project Dec 2005
21. V8Archie Nov 2005, and
22. Black GT FB ?

Looks like the "best" year is 2005?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-30-2005).]

rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will try to get to Daytona. Are the dates set yet?
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pic's of #21 please. Is it a chopped GT40???
Thanks Gary
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock