Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350162 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ROFLMAO

I'm 1K.

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Um... yeah... riiiiight.

[dingbat voice] Oh, Archie! [/dingbat voice]

IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Whadda think? We're working on a new style side scoop, it's not finished yet but what do ya think?

Archie

Hmmmm, that looks exactly like something I am working on.

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny Archie, hehehe. Yes, I know what it is. Good work......maybe I'm next?
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Suicide Lambo Doors?
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whadda think? We're working on a new style side scoop, it's not finished yet but what do ya think?

Archie

Looks a lot like mine. But mine opperates with the push of a button (or two).

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2005 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Hmmmm, that looks exactly like something I am working on.

Looks a lot like mine. But mine opperates with the push of a button (or two).

HI all,

When are you 2 gonna come outa da closet on this one??

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2005 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

When are you 2 gonna come outa da closet on this one??

Well GTGeff is already rolling around in his suicide chop top. Mine is going to be in the garage for a while behind two or three other projects.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 09-02-2005).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2005 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2005 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man,

That is way cool!

MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2005 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is it going to have remote poppers like Mikes did?

------------------
prowling the pacific...

87 GT - V8 - 5 Speed

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2005 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice Archie. Got any more pics?
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2005 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MilleniumFiero:

is it going to have remote poppers like Mikes did?

Almost has to, where would the handle on the outside be located?

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2005 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what do you do if something goes wrong w/poppers? or batt goes ded?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2005 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

There are several options: terminals for external battery, cable release for the latch, brick through the window

Gundred

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2005 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GundredSend a Private Message to GundredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, Thanks for the tour. I look forward to doing business with you. Bill
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2005 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doors are nice, but choptops are better hehehe !

More chop top pics please !

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2005 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cables would be easy, lots of space up front to hide levers.
Good job Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2005 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

Because the security of the car is at stake, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2005 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie. Since the suicide area is re-enforced doesn't that make the entire are strong vs. stock? If so, I guessing that a side impact or T-boned accident should save a person form being crushed?

I was thinking that because Tina's car was saved by a roll bar.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2005 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank goodness for the Forum. I'm sitting out here in Washington and miss my baby. At least I can see pictures once and awhile.

I hope I can get it ready for Daytona 2006

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2005 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, do you have any exterior close-up of the body and door area? Just wondering about my fender flaring on the Redux and if it will clear while opening. My fneder flaring sticks out by 1-inch on the surface.

Thanks.

PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2005 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey....how about REVERSE/Suicide Lambo doors?? They would open out, then up, that ought to clear your fender. It would look bitchin too!

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2005 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Hey....how about REVERSE/Suicide Lambo doors?? They would open out, then up, that ought to clear your fender. It would look bitchin too!

Yes, that would look cool on a show car, but whenever I see that kind of stuff at a car show, I always wonder how it would work out on a daily driver. Would it be reliable on a car that's actually driven? Could the doors & windows actually be water tight? Could they be airtight to where they don't make wind noise going down the road? Will they rattle on the hinges & latches as you drive down the road? Will the whole system still be working well together 3 years after it's built?

Hey Archie, do you have any exterior close-up of the body and door area? Just wondering about my fender flaring on the Redux and if it will clear while opening. My fneder flaring sticks out by 1-inch on the surface.
Thanks.

I'll have some more pics this evening. Does the flaring stick out 1" at the door jamb?

You understand that we custom make the hinges for these doors & there is a design trick that can get the doors to come out farther. The one thing that effects the hinges the most is the thickness of the back edge of the door panel.

I'll post up some more pics of this car but if you could post me a couple pics of the door jamb area of your car it would be very helpful.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2005 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll have some more pics this evening. Does the flaring stick out 1" at the door jamb?

You understand that we custom make the hinges for these doors & there is a design trick that can get the doors to come out farther. The one thing that effects the hinges the most is the thickness of the back edge of the door panel.

I'll post up some more pics of this car but if you could post me a couple pics of the door jamb area of your car it would be very helpful.

Archie

I'm guessing that the area is about 1-inch on rear clip area and perhaps am 1-inch for the Ausi upper door mods. Since I haven't done the Ausi doors on the Redux, the only pics would be #15 examples.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2005 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Just wondering about my fender flaring on the Redux and if it will clear while opening.

So the Redux is getting suicided?! Cool.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2005 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay Archie, these are the only close-up pics that I have. The Redux will sport the same Aussie door flare but I don't have the exact size in inches but I will do the same for the door as pictured on #15 but less. So I hope the suicide door will clear?
And body fender flare, maybe .5 to 3/4 inch outward from original boby.

After looking at it again, it seems that I have maybe 1/2-inch outward and therefor the ?Aussie's will be 1/2 too.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-08-2005).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well kids, a lot of people have asked for it & I've finally done it.

I've taken some pictures inside the new shop.

We had the open house this last weekend & the place is as clean as it's gonna get, so I took a bunch of pics today.

So starting tomorrow you'll get a picture tour of the place.

This is the outside..........

Yeah we have a party almost everyday.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2005 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie,

I know you got a few chop tops lined up, ...any new pics of them at the shop ??

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump

Anything new Archie ??

P.S. Did you get my PM ??

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, check your email too.
Driven Visions

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2005 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Driven VisionsClick Here to visit Driven Visions's HomePageSend a Private Message to Driven VisionsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have shaved several door handles using the method posted above
After painting the car the door always ends up looking ... messed up
If you eyeball down the door of any fiero you will notice the door starts to "taper in" at the front of the door handle
The door handle pocket takes away attention from the waves ni the panel just below the handle
Once the handle has been shaved the panel cant be worked enough to look straight
I had to make fiberglass door skins for my customers

Has anyone else had this problem?

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This "bump" for Archie, hehehe.

ETA: 11/11

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-08-2005).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

This "bump" for Archie, hehehe.

ETA: 11/11

What tha? Which one are you getting chopped now? MAN!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

What tha? Which one are you getting chopped now? MAN!

Why the third one of course !! hehehehe

Well actually it was the second one, that got delayed because of the third one, and now the third one is the second one, and the second one is the third one,...awwww never mind.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, which do you want to see 1st.

The pics from the inside of the shop?????

The latest Chop Top?????

The latest engine swap?????

The 6 speed transmission?????

Or What's behind curtain #5 ??????

Archie

------------------

The New Home of V-8 Archie

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curtain #5 Please!

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 10-09-2005).]

ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll 2nd #5. even though all that other stuff is DAMN sweet.
vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OOOOHHHHHH!!!! 6-speed!!!!
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie;
Your such a tease....

But how I like it

------------------

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More 6 speed details!!!

Jim

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock