Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 25)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350161 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cant wait to see the 84SE get transformed, Are you going to keep the bumper pad front/rear bumpers so to make it look more like a sleeper?

lets call it "The Bull"

matthew

IP: Logged
Hairy_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2005 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a trend in these pic's.. Could be drugs or something in the water I suppose

[This message has been edited by Hairy_Fiero (edited 08-11-2005).]

MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
obviously you don't know about the famous Curly pose that comes with a choptop haha

me and some friends with Mike's choptop

------------------
prowling the pacific...

87 GT - V8 - 5 Speed

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeh...how did that pose get started anyway??
Eric M

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eric MSend a Private Message to Eric MEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Ditto

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Well when Curley, (who lives in California) was in Chicago picking up #15 this is how he looked:

Not used to the cold weather apparently. So now in honor of the king of chop tops, we all do the Curley pose.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-11-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eric M:

Ditto

CAUGHT ON TAPE: Archie frezzing with hands inside pocket.

I learn from the best hehe. JScott is right, it seems that when I'm visiting Archie its usually in Dec-Jan.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-11-2005).]

Zero 260

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zero 260Send a Private Message to Zero 260Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick question if you don't mind. What size rims/tires are on that black car right above this post? Thanks
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn it looks like there is going to be a fall rush to get chopped ! I am told in addition to #18, potentially numbers #19 and #20 are already scheduled ??

Any truth to this Archie ?

Myself and at least one other person are still trying to get our cars freed up to get chopped.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Any truth to this Archie ?

Yes.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've started a build thread for Chop Top #18 at //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/066071.html

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Chop Top #17 is now back to it's home & being preped for it's LS1 installation.

Here are a few pics of it as it left here Monday.

As normal, it was kinda cold out that morning.

Here is my crew & the happy owner.

The owner is a member here on PFF. Hopefully, as he does the engine swap & finishes the car up, he'll keep us posted with pictures etc.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweeet keep those choppers coming. Any particular reason #17 is missing the quarter windows and rear lights ?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Sweeet keep those choppers coming. Any particular reason #17 is missing the quarter windows and rear lights ?

He has aquired some very nice expensive GT tail lights & he will be installing them. Remember this was a 85 Gt donor car, so he'll have to do some wiring mods to make the Gt tail lights work correctly. The 1/4 windows were fitted and packed inside the car. He didn't want them installed until after he has it painted.

BTW, I plan to answer the PM you sent me but the answer is going to take a bit of time to type. I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
In the continuing saga, we had another car dropped off yesterday........

We go a little work done on it today.......... I wonder what it's in here for......

Archie

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

In the continuing saga, we had another car dropped off yesterday........

We go a little work done on it today.......... I wonder what it's in here for......

Archie

OH MAN, I have always loved that car. If it is getting chopped, that would be so cool.

--Will

(Edit: Carefull with that fuel door haha!!)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 08-18-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doors are off too, looks like some more suicide action.

Watching all these cars get chopped, I'm getting chop top envy and I already have one , (or two) I only wish I had another car to chop!

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-18-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

OH MAN, I have always loved that car. If it is getting chopped, that would be so cool.

--Will

(Edit: Carefull with that fuel door haha!!)

I don't think Frank is getting a chop, because to put it mildly,....... there are some complications involved hehehe.

Frank testing out Curly's Chop top #15 at Daytona 2005 and finding a few clearance issues hehehe.

Frank owns the green dragon GT.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-18-2005).]

red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That SC 3800 sure looks good back there!

------------------
8T6 GT

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Dragon's car your 1st 3800SC car choped Archie?

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. Custom

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on the evidence, I don't think he's getting a chop. Unlikely that he's getting an engine swap either. I'm stating again that I think it's a Suicide Job.
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He just installed that 3800SC with very very low miles. Chop top? Unless he plans to cut couple o vertebrates too
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With back surgery clothes would be cheaper

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Frank's sig has a clue:

"87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress"

So he's got lambo doors on one, tilt front end on another, what's left? = Suicide Doors

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2005 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pics.

And welcome to Archie’s choptop club. Now on with the show!

So Frank finally made it. Hey Frank, your gonna luv it. Hope to see you guys in FL soon.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about racing seats - they are lower

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

How about racing seats - they are lower

Racing seats are lower but by the time we lower the Fiero seats, your bottom is only 2.5" from the floor. So there is only so far you can go before lowering the floorboards.

Archie

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Racing seats are lower but by the time we lower the Fiero seats, your bottom is only 2.5" from the floor. So there is only so far you can go before lowering the floorboards.

Archie

Have you ever just mounted the seats to the car without adjusters?
My seat is all the way back, I was thinking why couldnt someone just bolt the seat right to the floor?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Have you ever just mounted the seats to the car without adjusters?
My seat is all the way back, I was thinking why couldnt someone just bolt the seat right to the floor?

Archie more than likely will not bolt the seat directly to the floor, which has something to do with crash testing requirements using a “seat bracket.” Using individual bolts----bolted to the floor isn't strong enough to handle the g-forces during a crash causing the bolts to break loose through the floor. Using a seat bracket spreads the energy equally to all four bolts.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Hey, I smell "choptops" cooking in the house. Got any pics to share?

KLRBLU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KLRBLUSend a Private Message to KLRBLUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
let's see more of the DRAGON please
PFF
System Bot
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2005 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

It appears that's not the only thing cooking

Rumor mill is been spinning out of control, or so I have heard from a reliable source.
One thing we can't figure out though ...
how come some "maintenance work" set it in motion, you would of thought me making a run to get the E.T. license, or just plain me in the suit
would of raised bigger question marks in the Fiero Community.

Anyways, thanks Archie.
Clutch works great. So far (Knock on wood here)
Rodneybooth ... glad you liked them.

Off to tinker on the car
Tina

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2005 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:

Rumor mill is been spinning out of control, or so I have heard from a reliable source.
One thing we can't figure out though ...
how come some "maintenance work" set it in motion, you would of thought me making a run to get the E.T. license, or just plain me in the suit
would of raised bigger question marks in the Fiero Community.
Off to tinker on the car
Tina

Hmmm.... rumor mill? Might be from your last year’s extravaganza, hehe. You won the awards last year when you kept the VDC doors a secret. You never know what a girl may have under a flame retardant suit?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2005 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like Tina got one of Archie's rebuilt trannys. She's going to be running in the 10s if she gets a tranny to hold up to all the power she is making.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It sounds like Tina got one of Archie's rebuilt trannys. She's going to be running in the 10s if she gets a tranny to hold up to all the power she is making.

Tina already has a Getrag with the internals treated to Cyro job. She just wanted a new clutch in the car (which also required a fresh F/W). She & Greg had other things they wanted to do than put a clutch in the car, so they brought it to us.

If you read closely, one of the things Tina wanted to do, during the week we were working on her car, was to try to get approved to drive a drag car at < 10 seconds.

I wonder why She's doing that.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whadda think? We're working on a new style side scoop, it's not finished yet but what do ya think?

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whadda think? We're working on a new style side scoop, it's not finished yet but what do ya think?

Archie

looks like suicide doors to me.

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...a new style side scoop...

Um... yeah... riiiiight.

[dingbat voice] Oh, Archie! [/dingbat voice]

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 09-01-2005).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll give you another hint...............

When complete, you'll be able to open these scoops from inside the car with just a flick of the wrist.

Archie

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll give you another hint...............

When complete, you'll be able to open these scoops from inside the car with just a flick of the wrist.

Archie

Your installing curtains?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock