Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350159 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, I own page 21

I like them like that.

I know there has been several threads of people arguing back & forth about solid vs rubber mounted. I refuse to get involved in those arguements, those experts can argue 'til they turn blue in the face. Over the years I'd guess that I've got more hours into working on & driving non-stock Fieros than most anyone on this Forum. I've experimented with several different engine mounting techniques & I prefer solid mounted.

Archie

Originally posted by F355spider:

Archie I have a question, why do you always-rigid mount you’re motors?

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-03-2005).]

IP: Logged
FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I've experimented with several different engine mounting techniques & I prefer solid mounted.

Archie

I couldnt agree more. Yes it has some down sides in the vibration department, but for the performance issue's its hands down a winner!

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn shame that won't fit an 88.
I wonder if the 5.3 FWD Grand Prix would work? (gonna be a while before anyone can find out)
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Damn shame that won't fit an 88.
I wonder if the 5.3 FWD Grand Prix would work? (gonna be a while before anyone can find out)

I didn't say it wouldn't fit in an '88. I just have this policy, that I don't sell something that I haven't tried myself. And as of right ow I haven't put the LS in an '88 yet.

I'm sure it will fit, I just haven't done it yet.

Archie

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2005 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
How much would a kit be for a LS6? It would also be a manual tranny if it makes any difference.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2005 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't say it wouldn't fit in an '88. I just have this policy, that I don't sell something that I haven't tried myself. And as of right ow I haven't put the LS in an '88 yet.

I'm sure it will fit, I just haven't done it yet.

Archie

Thanks for the clarification, Archie. I should have said, it's not "proven" to fit in an '88 yet.

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok Archie when do we start seeing sneak peeks of your newest project for Daytona ???

We know u loooooove to tease us.

fiero norm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero normSend a Private Message to fiero normEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now available LSx V-8 Swap kit for '84 thru '87 Stick shift Fieros.

So Archie when do we get to see some more details like the starter & flywheel. How about some prices

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Ok Archie when do we start seeing sneak peeks of your newest project for Daytona ???

We know u loooooove to tease us.

If you are talking about the PFF Roadster, We have started pulling parts out of the molds. I'm going to bring the chassis back to the shop from the fiberglass shop late next week. We will have panels ready for the 1st customer about the end of next week. Then we gotta build about 3 more bodies about as quick as we can.

However that car is not going to be done in time for Daytona. I have 4 customer cars in the shop right now & I plan to have 3 of them back to the customers before Daytona. That means there is not much time to work on my cars.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by fiero norm:

So Archie when do we get to see some more details like the starter & flywheel. How about some prices

In the past I've had some people who would look at pictures of stuff I was working on then proceed to copy those ideas, so on this project there won't be a "detailed" pictures. I can show you some of what you'd like to see without showing everyone too much. Rest assured that there are no shortcuts taken on this job, no jerry-rigging, it's done right.

Here is a nice picture of the starter mounting and the adapter plate.

Archie

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

I've been waiting for this for a long time...too bad all I've got laying around are auto trans 88s

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

PFF
System Bot
ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow!
is that an aluminum cradle? or am i just looking at it wrong?
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ricreatr:

wow!
is that an aluminum cradle? or am i just looking at it wrong?

I noticed this too. I'd guess its aluminum paint, but did you have to modify the front cradle cross member?

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUM PA T BUMP
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie...
I'm planning a major Fiero purchase in Aug of 2006.
What would a Fiero with the new GM 6speed FWD transaxle, your LS1 kit and engine installed on a Finale front end with Fino rear end and Firebird interior run me?
Ales

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Archie ...

Any news ???

Greetings ...
Ales

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ales:

Hi Archie ...

Any news ???

Greetings ...
Ales

The build is coming along just fine but I haven't been able to find the thread we were posting the pictures in.

Archie

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it the Finale Roadster thread?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/054448.html

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Any news on the new shop?

Jim

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Archie,
Any news on the new shop?

Jim

No news 'til Wednesday.

Ales

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Is it the Finale Roadster thread?

Nope, its the Mexican Fiero thread ...

Here you are Archie :

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048517.html

Greetings ...
Ales

PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Archie...
What would a Fiero with the new GM 6speed FWD transaxle, your LS1 kit and engine installed on a Finale front end with Fino rear end and Firebird interior run me?

Allow me to 'bump' my question...

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie...

Well that's pretty hard to quote. The 6 speed isn't even available on a new car yet, it's not in junkyards yet, AFAIK, It's not available over the counter at GM parts departments yet. Aside from that, no one has fitted one to a Fiero yet or built a shift linkage that will work in a Fiero for it yet & no one has developed the parts it will take to get the clutch to engage or dis-engage. So the transmission part of your question is kinda hard to answer.

Now as for the engine, do you want a used engine, new engine, rebuild engine?????? I need to know before I can give reasonable quote.

Firebird interior, I haven't done one of those yet, so you can figure time & materials.

Finale/Fino Now you've touched on a subject that I can answer. The Finale/Fino kits can be mixed & matched like you want, they are $4800.00 for the complete kit. We charge $3600.00 to assemble the body, including Hinges, latches & Lights. The paint job depends on what exactly you want but run from $2200.00 on up. Wheels & Tires, the cost depends on which wheels & tires you choose.

You see it's kinda hard to do a full quote based on the 2 lines of information you gave me to work with.

That's why I prefer to do quotes via phone calls or emails & not here in public & that's why I didn't answer your 1st request for a quote here.

Thanks

Archie

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well that's pretty hard to quote. The 6 speed isn't even available on a new car yet, it's not in junkyards yet, AFAIK, It's not available over the counter at GM parts departments yet. Aside from that, no one has fitted one to a Fiero yet or built a shift linkage that will work in a Fiero for it yet & no one has developed the parts it will take to get the clutch to engage or dis-engage. So the transmission part of your question is kinda hard to answer.

Now as for the engine, do you want a used engine, new engine, rebuild engine?????? I need to know before I can give reasonable quote.

Firebird interior, I haven't done one of those yet, so you can figure time & materials.

Finale/Fino Now you've touched on a subject that I can answer. The Finale/Fino kits can be mixed & matched like you want, they are $4800.00 for the complete kit. We charge $3600.00 to assemble the body, including Hinges, latches & Lights. The paint job depends on what exactly you want but run from $2200.00 on up. Wheels & Tires, the cost depends on which wheels & tires you choose.

You see it's kinda hard to do a full quote based on the 2 lines of information you gave me to work with.

That's why I prefer to do quotes via phone calls or emails & not here in public & that's why I didn't answer your 1st request for a quote here.

Thanks

Archie

Thanks.
A used engine is fine. I firgured get the whole interior from the donor and you won't have to rewire gauges for the Fiero dash since you are using the Firebird motor too. Hopefully in 18 months time we will know more about the tranny. So I should try to save atleast $18k then... You take credit cards?

TheSoloDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheSoloDriverSend a Private Message to TheSoloDriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie I was just wanting to ask you a few questions on pricing. I know your probably real busy right now with the newest project for Daytona. Ok, I have a 1987 Fiero GT (auto). I want to put a ZZ4 crate engine in it. Now how much would it be total for the following.

1.you to do the v8 swap plus parts .
2. I want to have fuel injection so I want a TPI system.
3. I bought a big brake upgrade kit from you last year, but with work and school I haven’t had time to put it on. How much to get that on as well?
4. I want to turn it from an auto to a manual. (5 speed).

Also one last question. How long will it take to get the swap? Well I hope to hear back from you soon.

PS. If I gave you the cash could you just order the engine for me and have it sent to your place so I don’t have to drag a v8 all the way up to Chicago?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheSoloDriver:
Ok, I have a 1987 Fiero GT (auto). I want to put a ZZ4 crate engine in it. Now how much would it be total for the following.

1.you to do the v8 swap plus parts .
2. I want to have fuel injection so I want a TPI system.
3. I bought a big brake upgrade kit from you last year, but with work and school I haven’t had time to put it on. How much to get that on as well?
4. I want to turn it from an auto to a manual. (5 speed).

Also one last question. How long will it take to get the swap? Well I hope to hear back from you soon.

PS. If I gave you the cash could you just order the engine for me and have it sent to your place so I don’t have to drag a v8 all the way up to Chicago?

Your not asking much of him...
But, That will be a sweet Fiero after he is finished with it...

------------------
"EuroSmooth Fabrications"
Coming Soon...03/05

Crow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrowSend a Private Message to CrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please call Archie with the detailed price quotes.

[This message has been edited by Crow (edited 02-26-2005).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shut Up!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-11-2005).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WTF thats freaking awesome, lol!
Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are those? Flame throwers?
speed1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen those mufflers for quite awhile. Do they actually help or are they just a gimmic?

Archie, what is the package pricing for the LSx kits? I have been checking your website but there is no mention of it. Is it like a pre-release for Pennocks?

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I firgured get the whole interior from the donor and you won't have to rewire gauges for the Fiero dash since you are using the Firebird motor too. ...

This is not exactly true... of the 21 inputs into the firebird gauge cluster the only one that really depends on the type of motor is the tachometer. The real problem is that the Fiero dash harness needs to be rewired to accept the firebird cluster. I am preparing a plug and play harness to make this easier, but my preparations for Daytona have slowed me down. I had expected to be offering it for sale by now. But I will have the prototype on hand at Daytona along with a Firebird cluster for people to check out.

ccfiero350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a pair of those. It was real neat to adjust your sound to suit your moods. After the packing blew out I could adjust it from loud to F***ING LOUD. Still fun though. They are a bit on the heavy side too.

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it have muffler bearings? LOL

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 03-11-2005).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT, wanna check out the brake setup from home, lot of cool stuff.
SkyMutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkyMuttSend a Private Message to SkyMuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havn't read through all the posts, but I did see that you have a LSx swap kit for pre 88 fieros. By any chance you got one for 88 fieros in the works?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2005 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm bumping this up to the top, just so you'll know that there will be a big announcement from me tomorrow.

Archie

BTW, yes we will be doing the LSx on an 88 soon.

Archie

Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2005 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a little off subject....but. I wanted to thank you Archie, it was your website that got me interested in a Fiero project. Keep up the good work.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're very Welcome, Your comment actually has made my day, so Thank You.

And Welcome to the Forum.

Archie

Originally posted by Chump:

This is a little off subject....but. I wanted to thank you Archie, it was your website that got me interested in a Fiero project. Keep up the good work.

red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it is now tomorrow and I'm waiting for the big announcement...

I'm bumping this up to the top, just so you'll know that there will be a big announcement from me tomorrow.

Archie

BTW, yes we will be doing the LSx on an 88 soon.

Archie

------------------
8T6 GT

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock