Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350161 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
crazyd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
(hehe... "only" a N* I get a kick out of that line )

Uh, pretty sure that wasn't understatement...

Dave

------------------

- Electron Blue '88 GT 5-speed (1 of 1): Before After ZZ430 Ram-Port FI--Wanna Race? Follow it here on the Forum!
- Silver '88 GT 5-speed (1 of 139) w/cammed 3.4
- '98 6-speed Corvette Coupe, '87 Coupe SOLD!

IP: Logged
RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
archie very nice work !! do you have any v-8 kits avli and can you get side glass made for mine right now i use lexan side in's with cam locks on top mine are tinted so police here in ontaio canada asked me to remove them at night as to see me
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by soup:

I was just looking at that thinking the same thing. I was about to email Aus, and see if you can keep your normal trim like that with his scoops, and if so, what the cost will be without them. I guess I will just wait and see what Archie has to say about it.

there definatley not stage 2 scoops, do to the fact that the curve is slightly different, sits higher to the trim line and the bottom isnt sticking out to fallow the trim that Aus provides for the doors and front fenders

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Fiero mods almost done...i know that because im running out of possesions to sell for money

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2003 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

Archie, any word on those side scoops? Custom job?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2003 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WooooooHooooo

Got my 2002 Haulmark 24' Enclosed Trailer today.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Archie

Fiero_Tim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2003 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_TimSend a Private Message to Fiero_TimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Archie,
Just wondering about that 240Z dash. What are the measurements on that? I was looking into it a while ago, as it would be a fairly cheap dash replacement over here in Australia, because I wouldn't have to import it from America! Just wondering if its any good to use with some really major adaptations.
Thanks,
Tim

------------------

1985 RHD GT
No Fear?...You haven't been in my Fiero

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2003 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie: just curious will the PPE be at the 20th anniv. show? what else will be there of yours? thanks.
87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2003 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHERE IS MY V I D E O ? ? ?

Hehe, J/K

Though I really would like to hear a Northstar.

Justinjob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinjobSend a Private Message to JustinjobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

What happened with the ultimate street car challenge?? Did you get in?

------------------

'86 Pontiac Fiero SE 2.8
'75 Fiat 124 Sport Spider 1800
'88 Ford T-Bird 2.3 Turbo Coupe This car is for sale! 2.3 l. 4cyl w/T-5 turbo-fast and fuel efficient, alarm, cd player, LCD in dash. Email if interested.
'67 Chevrolet K10

Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The chop top cars look totally awesome, makes the Fiero look super fast...very stealthy. I really admire your work Archie.
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
another bump because I am VERY curious about those side scoops!
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

WooooooHooooo

Archie

I know.... I'm going to address all of your questions in a minute, but right now I want to talk about my new trailer.

What is all the fuss about a new trailer?

As many of you know, I do a lot of Fiero shows every year. Last year I logged over 22K miles to & from various shows. I've always just gone to the shows and displayed a couple cars like everyone else. At these shows, I've never really cared about trophies (except last year) & I just wanted to show beside my friends and Customers. I've been happy enough when my customers show well at the events. Some could say that there is something wrong about a major vendor competing against those he serves. So this year, as much as possible, I intend to set-up as a regular vendor. It will be less like fun and more like work but it is what I should be doing. Many of the Fiberglass parts I sell are very expensive to ship & I've had many of my customers ask if I can bring their fiberglass parts to various shows for them to pick up.

16 years ago, when I started taking SBC V-8 Fieros to shows, I drove them to the events. This proved their reliability to be driven anywhere at any time. My customers and I continue to prove this daily. Most of the shows we will be going to, we will be taking 2 or more cars. At least one of them will be trailered (with all my other stuff) in this trailer. Now before some slow thinker says my cars are not street cars because they are trailered to shows, please pay attention here. Anyone who has seen my cars knows that they are NOT "Trailer Queen" show cars. Those kinds of cars get a lot more Show Prep than my cars do. And, just because one of my cars might be trailered to an event, that doesn't make it a "race" car.

The other thing that the trailer allows me to do is to bring more of the "show & tell" type of stuff. We may even be able to do some seminars at certain shows with the Demo stuff we will be bringing along.

I'll be going to most of the major shows that I went to last year and a few of the other shows that I can work in.

If anyone wants to order body kits, rocker panels or other items, I may be able to deliver them to a show near you.

Thanks

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Ok, about the paint color & the side scoops.

I have been assured by this owner & I'm happy to report, that the car is going to be re-painted the Silver.

If I recall correctly, the scoops were custom fabricated a few years ago for this car.

I'd like to point something out here, the guy who owns this car monitors PFF on a regular basis but is not a member. Something about him only having a Yahoo account. I think you guys should urge him to find a way to join up to PFF, because I think he can be a valuable member.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-09-2003).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by wpgfiero:

Archie: just curious will the PPE be at the 20th anniv. show? what else will be there of yours? thanks.

I can't tell you what I'll be bringing to that show right now. I WILL be bringing 2 or 3 of the best of whatever I have at that time.

Originally posted by Justinjob:

Hey Archie,

What happened with the ultimate street car challenge?? Did you get in?

Nobody ever called, so I guess not.

Originally posted by 87FieroGTx:
WHERE IS MY V I D E O ? ? ?

I'll do the Video as soon as I have time to mess with it.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-09-2003).]

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

That has SUPERCAR written ALLLLLLL OVER IT! Great Job Archie!!

I was going to say the same. It makes the Fiero look way longer than it really is, it looks incredibly hot. Is there enough clearance for a 6'1" guy in there Archie?

-Phantom

PS Where did those side scoops come from?

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WooooooHooooo

WooooooHooooo

Can I borrow it?

At least you know who your friends are right?

------------------

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
personally I'd like to see the PPE, the LT1 Stinger and that blue Fino, that is if you don't have something better made by then
Nachtzehrer6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2003 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nachtzehrer6Send a Private Message to Nachtzehrer6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not trying to start ANYTHING, but a N* has to take off better than a stock fiero right? It's not a SBC granted, but come on......

This Chop Top looks good but it's only a NStar, so it make for a very good Video.

Sounds pretty good but takes off like a stock Fiero....

Do have some Video on the LT1 car though.

Archie

cenneth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2003 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cennethClick Here to visit cenneth's HomePageSend a Private Message to cennethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Archie,
great trailer! So when do you show up in Sweden with it?

Off topic though, I dont know if you got my email, just wanted to know it the rocker panels are in the mail that I paid you for, so I know when they are to show up over here

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2003 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember that thread on "Build a Fino with us"?

This is what it looks like now....

It must be about time for me to finish up that thread

Archie

87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2003 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie can you get me a shot of the car like that with out the building behind it and the guy in the driver seat. I need to make a sign show board for that car. I am almost done with everyone's i need yours and Chucks.

PFF
System Bot
wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2003 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it, I wish I had enough money to get one of those, and if I had $22,500 american i'd buy the PPE for sure, it sucks being broke
Fiero_Tim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_TimSend a Private Message to Fiero_TimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,
Just wondering if you had any measurements on the 240Z dash, like I was talking about up there ^^ a bit.

Thanks,
Tim

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Are those wheel's that are on the Fino supposed to be with that kit?? I have noticed that those have been on ALL the one's I have seen...???? Do you like em' Archie?? Seriously...

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??
3.4DOHC SWAP in near future

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87 Pegasus:

Hey Archie can you get me a shot of the car like that with out the building behind it and the guy in the driver seat. I need to make a sign show board for that car. I am almost done with everyone's i need yours and Chucks.

Sure, I'll get it for you while you are at the shop today.

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

Archie,
Are those wheel's that are on the Fino supposed to be with that kit?? I have noticed that those have been on ALL the one's I have seen...???? Do you like em' Archie?? Seriously...

hehe....no they don't come with the kit. I only have ONE set of those wheels & I hate them. They came with Candy Apple Cars when I bought that company out of England. I trial fit them on every car I build looking to find the one car that these wheels look good on.

I'm still looking.

Archie

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm still looking.

Archie

Thank's Archie!! I was hoping something like that... Maybe that's the only set ever made, hopefully...

perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll be going to most of the major shows that I went to last year and a few of the other shows that I can work in.

Hey Archie, do you have a list of the shows you will be attending for 2003 yet? Though I have had Fieros for a while, I am new to the "organized" Fiero world and don't know what shows you attended last year, or where they were. Hoping I can make it to at least one to see your stuff and meet you.

perk

edited for typo
------------------

phitown.com

* Supercar (Fiero) - in the works!
    * 85 Fiero 2M4 - 84 parts car
    * 79 Camaro - 88 Chevy custom truck - 91 & 89 Accords

[This message has been edited by perkidelic (edited 01-11-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd like to point something out here, the guy who owns this car monitors PFF on a regular basis but is not a member. Something about him only having a Yahoo account. I think you guys should urge him to find a way to join up to PFF, because I think he can be a valuable member.

Have him email me at rob@xtralite.com and I'll get him setup with a different email addy so he can register on PFF!

2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, Fino looks nice and yes, I agree those wheels are terrible. LOL.

I just wanted to know what's going on with the GT40 kit you had posted about. I figured it was appropriate to post my inquiry here given the topic
Thanks

------------------
Jeff
AOL IM : Only2xsess

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He can use my email addy if he needs it, too. Just drop me a mail.

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Maroon/Gray

drummer5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drummer5Send a Private Message to drummer5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wheels on the fino kinda look like the OZ Racing wheels they use on the Peugot rally car for some of their events.
PFF
System Bot
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie doesn't make the GT 40 kit, its made out west and there is also a distributor in Louisville, Ky. Archie did put a V8 in it and that would be a dream car.
2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2003 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Archie doesn't make the GT 40 kit, its made out west and there is also a distributor in Louisville, Ky. Archie did put a V8 in it and that would be a dream car.

I know this but he had posted pictures of one that was in his shop for finshing if I remember correctly.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2003 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Please read this thread... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/024195.html

Thanks

Archie

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2003 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeked slightly

------------------

"How do I get one of those Smileys that rolls back and forth accross the screen?" -Archie

2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2003 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please read this thread... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/024195.html

Thanks

Archie

Thanks Archie, I couldn't remember the title to that thread
So, any updates on that one?

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2003 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Remember that thread on "Build a Fino with us"?

This is what it looks like now....

Archie

Archie, we need more pics, some of the engine too

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Fiero mods almost done...i know that because im running out of possesions to sell for money

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2003 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I trial fit them on every car I build looking to find the one car that these wheels look good on.

I'm still looking.

Archie

Can't wait to see those wheels on the GT40 your building

I like your trailer, I might try to pester (ie, pay for) you to bring a Warber hood to the 20th show, and what a nice trailered ride it would have! Then I'll need to pester (ie, plead & beg) George R. to bring it back down South in his trailer... lol. Hey curious... Will you need my original hood to keep your inventory in balance, and is there some sort of core price reduction or somesuch?

LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2003 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Archie,
Thanks for the response and a chuckle! I'm very much interested in having you do a chop top/v8 conversion on my 88 - but - first have to liquefy another asset (70 SS454 LS7 Chevelle) to fund the Fiero madness!

Are you crazy????? Fieros are nice but they are not chevells

------------------
LS1 in and running :)

http://ls1swap.tripod.com/

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2003 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope - just older and wiser. Check your email for details...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock