Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350161 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wisconsin license plates? Who's car are you working on? Can we know?

Mark the curious
IP: Logged
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Firefox

4307 posts
Member since Feb 2003
oops........double...........but I got page 15!

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 05-15-2004).]

Jay-ID

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-IDSend a Private Message to Jay-IDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT

Any updates? I much rather buy an LS1 this summer then settle for a TPI SBC.

DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
owner of the yellow Finale, or Archie.

What or who's yellow is the paint? Love the color, may want to use it, so I need a reference.

Rich

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's wrong with this picture?

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its missing a wire on the distro?
MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i know whats wrong, its in the wrong car, gimme 3 days and ill show the right car to put that in.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MiZer:

its missing a wire on the distro?

haha, yes it is but that's not what I was looking for.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The intake system is reversed & sitting over the distributor.

Is that a TPI system sitting on an older ( or newer ) style block ????

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

haha, yes it is but that's not what I was looking for.

damnit.. do i still get a prize?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

The intake system is reversed & sitting over the distributor.

Is that a TPI system sitting on an older ( or newer ) style block ????

That's what I was gonna say.....

------------------
www.NAFALCustoms@aol.com
Custom Built --[color=yellow] W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!

One of One!!
[/COLOR]

Click here: NAFAL Custom's....

PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might the motor be slightly forward of the "normal" mounting position?

Jim

BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's wrong with this picture?

I know! The problem is that isn't in the back of my car (yeah, it had to be said sometime)

Brad

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No throttle cable.

The paint on the TPI is flaking off.

There is no air filter.

The firing order is off, if I can read that right.

It's not in my car.

Mark
Ancaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AncasterSend a Private Message to AncasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
migth be dark but I cant see a transmission
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that some kind of low profile distributor? I've never seen one like that before. But yeah, what the others said, the TPI manifold is backwards and sitting over the distributor, which is normally not possible. I would venture to guess that this makes setting up the throttle and cruise cables and the the air intake set up a lot easier. Probably allows you to keep the battery in the back if you want too (if thats normally an issue). And you can put the intake in the fender where it should be instead of in the engine compartment.
watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And if that is the case (low pro dist), it'd make using a MAF setup about 1000X easier!!!!

(I'm almost embarrased to show how I did it!)

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie... Please... Tell us more.

Roy

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've Definitely peaked my interest with that pic! More info please!!
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if a crab style distributor would allow you to reverse a TPI intake. Not sure about any port mismatch problems, though. I always figured it had been tried and wasn't possible. But if it is, that sure makes TPI swaps a lot cleaner looking and easier routing for the air cleaner, etc. Very nice!! Need more info!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

...But if it is, that sure makes TPI swaps a lot cleaner looking and easier routing for the air cleaner, etc.

...like forced induction?

PFF
System Bot
Mighty Mouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mighty MouseSend a Private Message to Mighty MouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually He is doing one. Doing a one off swap of any kind is a lot easier than designing a kit that will work for every Tom, Dick & Harry everytime.

Archie

Hey Archie! Do you have any new pics of the LS1 Kit??

3) I like to hear you Beg.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2004 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turbocharger lurking below distributor in the pic hardly noticeable
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Turbocharger lurking below distributor in the pic hardly noticeable

wow - would love to see some track times for one of those

JacobHaley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JacobHaleySend a Private Message to JacobHaleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, cool!

I'm about to upgrade my engine and I would love some more info on the reversed TPI intake please.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look what I found (after a bit of searching)!

http://www.msdignition.com/dist_48.htm

and http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3132&prmenbr=361 (or Jeg's part# 121-8489 if the link doesn't work right)

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's wrong with that pic? IT'S TO DARK for these old eyes to see anything. Lighten up please
Gary Have a Great Day
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

What's wrong with that pic? IT'S TO DARK for these old eyes to see anything. Lighten up please

How's this? Better?

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rob I see now, there is no place to plug in the tach filter???
Gary
FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually He is doing one. Doing a one off swap of any kind is a lot easier than designing a kit that will work for every Tom, Dick & Harry everytime.

Archie

Hey, why bring me into this?
FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroHarry

1809 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Okay Archie I'll play along it's either,
A: A ford engine (with gm valve covers)
or
B: Youve put this one in backwards which wont work to well......
Just because the distributors in the wrong location.......................
PS: If you ever do get around to a 5.0liter conversion I will personally come to your shop and "well how about work for free" !!!
I would love the sound of a buff 5.o coming from the back!

Yeah yeah I know some of you are in horror, "Oh my god a ford motor"? But think of how sweet the GT kit would sound with it!

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
fieroharry@yahoo.com
FOCOSEVA & CFOG-I

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 06-15-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It can't be fuel injection, according to the other thread floating around, Archie doesn't know anything about fuel injected engines. (Sorry to make fun at your expense Archie, please don't take it personally, most of us know better than that)
Ancaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AncasterSend a Private Message to AncasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its your first attempt at installing a TPI in reverse like you did with teh system on teh stinger ?? so do i get some rockers LOL
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is that a tranny mount mounted to the shock tower?
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroHarry:

PS: If you ever do get around to a 5.0liter conversion I will personally come to your shop and "well how about work for free" !!!
I would love the sound of a buff 5.o coming from the back!

Yeah yeah I know some of you are in horror, "Oh my god a ford motor"? But think of how sweet the GT kit would sound with it!

5.0's (actually 4.9Liters) are weak, my friends solution to making his 93 notch better:

------------------

Carbed 2.9 engine build in progress. forged pistons, crane cam, fully balanced, ARP bolts, double roller timing chain and more
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2004 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

is that a tranny mount mounted to the shock tower?

Good question- that's what I was gonna ask.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bump* for some more info
Key Of David

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Key Of DavidSend a Private Message to Key Of DavidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

5.0's (actually 4.9Liters) are weak, my friends solution to making his 93 notch better:

I strongly disagree with that statement. The 5.0L pushrod motor is a strong and reliable motor...one of the best motors ever designed and produced. What your friend did is in fact on the rare side...and there is a reason for that. There was no reason for him to do what he did accept to maybe be different or he doesn't like Ford very much for some reason.

------------------
I have the precious gift of patience.....it just takes too long to use it!

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Key Of David:

What your friend did is in fact on the rare side...and there is a reason for that. There was no reason for him to do what he did accept to maybe be different or he doesn't like Ford very much for some reason.

Which is exactly why we don't see 5.0's in Fieros

But yes, the 5.0 truly is a good motor - certainly a corporate comparsion worthy of the SBC... just to each their own

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2004 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Key Of David:

I strongly disagree with that statement. The 5.0L pushrod motor is a strong and reliable motor...one of the best motors ever designed and produced. What your friend did is in fact on the rare side...and there is a reason for that. There was no reason for him to do what he did accept to maybe be different or he doesn't like Ford very much for some reason.

Wait until the 302 has had an INCREDIBLY successful 50 year lifespan, then that statement will hold true. Yes, the 5.0 is a good motor. But it doesn't hold a candle to the incredibly compact and versatile SBC.

Edited for spelling

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

[This message has been edited by tesmith66 (edited 06-17-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock