Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350155 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that page 12?

Well while we wait to hear from Rob, I thought I'd let you know that the Stinger is coming up for sale in the next week or so.

Originally I had said that I'd keep & drive the Stinger for about 2 years and it will be 2 years pretty soon. I've decided to sell it for 2 reasons. Current health provblems make it real difficult to drive a stick shift right now & MOST IMPORTANT I've decided on the configuration of the car we will build to replace the Stinger.

So Save up your Nickels & Dimes.

Archie

------------------

The LT1 Stinger Build Thread

IP: Logged
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Morning everyone!!!!

I awoke to a spectacular sight this morning - My very own choptop in my driveway! It was a pleasure visiting with Archie! The trip back went off without a hitch other then for some bad weather. It felt so good to get into my car and fire her up - a sound I've missed for the last few weeks. At the turn of the key I got instant goose bumps just like the first time! I have to say that the pictures do the car no justice. It's simply amazing! Here are a couple of pics from the visit with Archie and I'll post some more when I get the Rat off the trailer later today. Thanks for all the compliments and a BIG THANK YOU to the master of Fiero mods - V8 Archie!

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop DONE!!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

8Ball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Health problems?
Is everything ok? I hope it is nothing too serious.

Randy

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Archie,
Health problems?
Is everything ok? I hope it is nothing too serious.

Randy

He must be having trouble with his knee's

matthew

vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way too cool Rob!! It's a good thing you have no neck otherwise how would you get into the car!
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Choptop Club. I'm sure you will love it.

I can't wait to see your car with the new front end.
Looks like I need to freshen up the GBCT with all of the new choptops mine seams to be getting old.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 11-02-2003).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Car Chester, and welcome to the "chop-club" and thanks for posting pics...Chester feel free to post when you get the nose piece. Did you get a lot of on-lookers during your trip home? Scary isen't it?

Byw, get well soon Archie.

------------------

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
vwaltdog: It's not as bad as it looks. I fit in the car fine!

dl10: I'll hang the nose on the car later today and post some pics. I can't wait to get the full effect.

madcurl: Yes, we had a lot of onlookers. It got annoying once it got dark because people would ride my blind spot to check out the car. Most were trying to figure out what it was. The rest stop breaks were fun!

Thanks for the welcome to the club. I might start a Fiero chop top registry on my site to keep track of us few. Seems the numbers are growing. I think I'm number 14 in the chop top crowd.

Anyways, heres some side by sides of a stock gt and the chop.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look's AMAZING!!
Great job Archie AND crew!

Rob, Look's like you are almost ready for a new signature...

------------------
SmoothGT!!
Postwhore of PFF!!
CustomMade WIDEBODY GT!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chester, can you see out of the back window with the wing? What are you going to do with the side door body panel?

If you think it was bad while towing it back home, just wait until you paint it! I waited 4-6 months before I had mine painted.
People would stop or get in my blind spot while driving, somtimes the police will follow you so dont have any funny stuff in your car, ha, ha..

I have a proximity alarm and it goes off all the time, 10x's more since it was painted.
Btw, it would be nice if all of the choptop owners got togethere (1) a year + a web site. Imagine 14+ choptops cruizing down the street..hmmmm.

Chester, are you the only choptop owner were your live (state)?

------------------

Danno88GT5Spd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2003 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Danno88GT5SpdSend a Private Message to Danno88GT5SpdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great. Are you keeping that spoiler on the car? And what colors is it going to be painted? Good work Archie
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, while reading your writeup about making a registry for the choptops, and Curley's suggestion about having a get-together once a year for the choptops, I got to thinking. Archie...have you ever considered making up a serial number plaque for the choptops? I'm familiar with Shelby cars, and some of the Shelby Dodges have serial numbered plates on the dash, to verify the validity of the car. Might be something to look into...that special extra for the V8Archie choptop cars. Wouldn't be hard to do...have some dash plaques made up with the graphics of your choice, and you can either have them made WITH the serial numbers, or leave space to have the serial number engraved. It just popped in my head while reading this that the serial number plate might be a really neat, low cost idea to set off the authentic V8Archie chops from others that individuals might try themselves.

------------------

Mike...86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chester...

You should have passed through Milwaukee.....I've got a little black paint around here somewhere and we could have sprayed her up!

Car looks great.....Now you need a stick to beat away the droolers!

Mark the envious
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm...I see someone is copying me with the "nose-delete" look!

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, I am happy for you , now you will have the power and the looks that car will look like an exotic car once you are done I can't wait.
I though you did a great job on that engine.
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

the Rat looks so much wider than the stocker in that pic.

Can't wait to see it finished, its gotta be top 5 in my list of favorite Fieros.

Brad

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chester,
Welcome to the club - if you're #14, that makes me unlucky #13!

How about it Archie - dash plaques iminent?

Jim

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm.......that makes me #11. I asked Archie for my exact number and he said it was eleven. I plan on using WCF's kick/door panel. I'm going to have it ingraved however, I got a idea of what I wanted on it.

I seen the recent Motor Trend mag on the Ford GT40. On the kick/door panel are engraved: Made exclussivly by? Anyway I just need to find a engraving shop.

I think it should state V8Archie Design GT and #.

------------------

DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
V8 Archie Choptop #001...... That's one of the reasons I bought the GBCT, I knew Archie was going to keep doing more and more cars, and each one seams to get better and better.
I would love to do a choptop reunion .........just say when and where
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Chester, can you see out of the back window with the wing? What are you going to do with the side door body panel?

You can barley see out the back so I have a color bullet camera thats going to be mounted in place of the lock on the rear decklid hooked up to a 6.5 inch Alpine widescreen display (once I get it back from the cops)

Btw, it would be nice if all of the choptop owners got togethere (1) a year + a web site. Imagine 14+ choptops cruizing down the street..hmmmm.

That would be a sweet sight!

Chester, are you the only choptop owner were your live (state)?

I think so...

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 11-02-2003).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by Danno88GT5Spd:

That looks great. Are you keeping that spoiler on the car? And what colors is it going to be painted? Good work Archie

Yes the wing is staying and the car will be painted Black with some surprises.

Rob D.

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Rob, while reading your writeup about making a registry for the choptops, and Curley's suggestion about having a get-together once a year for the choptops, I got to thinking. Archie...have you ever considered making up a serial number plaque for the choptops? I'm familiar with Shelby cars, and some of the Shelby Dodges have serial numbered plates on the dash, to verify the validity of the car. Might be something to look into...that special extra for the V8Archie choptop cars. Wouldn't be hard to do...have some dash plaques made up with the graphics of your choice, and you can either have them made WITH the serial numbers, or leave space to have the serial number engraved. It just popped in my head while reading this that the serial number plate might be a really neat, low cost idea to set off the authentic V8Archie chops from others that individuals might try themselves.

I really like this idea!

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Here's an idea of what it will look like with the nose on it...I like!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
chester, you are the man!

looks great! i can wait to see that thing painted and ready to go. I hope that your gonna break in that engine real quick so that you can get some nice video. Hmm.. that makes me think.. by choping the top are you loosing weight so that it will run the 1/4 mile faster??

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob, glad to see you have your car back. We missed you and Renee at our NEFA meeting today. It wasn't the same without you guys. Have you gotten Renee's car working again? Hope to see you guys at one of the shows next summer.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chester, Question; why would the cops hold your video screen? Was it illegal? Its not that I need one however,I like to get a onboard computer thats transmmits your location while traveling just like in newer cars. I know that the Saleen 7 has a rear/back-up view screen however, I believe "we" have a better or clearer view.

For a get-together; Which one of the major Fiero events next year for a choptop reunion?
Or a better question which one is more "in the middle of US? Florida would be 3,000 miles for me and CA may be to far for others (and the major ones are always east of Californians) correction Caleefornians he,he.

------------------

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Chester, Question; why would the cops hold your video screen? Was it illegal?

It was stolen when I went and dropped my car off at Archies. We found it at the pawn shop but the cops are holding it for evidence. I should have it back within a month or so...

Rob D

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by avengador1:

Hi Rob, glad to see you have your car back. We missed you and Renee at our NEFA meeting today. It wasn't the same without you guys. Have you gotten Renee's car working again? Hope to see you guys at one of the shows next summer.

Thanks John. We miss you guys as well. We're plannig on making Carlisle and a few others this comming season.

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by fieromadman:

chester, you are the man!

looks great! i can wait to see that thing painted and ready to go. I hope that your gonna break in that engine real quick so that you can get some nice video. Hmm.. that makes me think.. by choping the top are you loosing weight so that it will run the 1/4 mile faster??

Thanks for the compliment! The chop made it loose weight AND made it more aerodynamic!

------------------

The Dirty Rat
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At a Pawn shop!!!!!! Archie's gonna have too get guard dogs and keep-out the rif-raff's.
Btw, have you bumped your head yet? What are the locals reaction(imports)?

------------------

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Caleefornians

You break me up Curley...... I'm ROFLMAO at that one.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!!!! Very nice. So glad you have the Rat home where it belongs . AWESOME!

Great job Archie...btw Boomtastic says he'll give you $50.00 american if you'll delivery the Stinger to us here LOL.

------------------
MsBeth~The Coupe Boomtastic Racing
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.- Henry David Thoreau

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW it looks incredible...I can't wait to see it finished!!

We really missed you guys today. Just wasn't the same without you

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, don't sell the Stinger! Just take it down to your local Pontiac dealer and put it on display to the public. Trainman told me that "they" put one of their race cars on display and they recieved income from it...month-to-month.

I don't know if they will pay you but, it's worth a try. Besides, with all the buzz, could generate more money for you, it's indoors, and you can allows come back and get it.
Byw, I want to send my second car there for a chop in December...11-13? okay with you? And pick-it up in January 10-15?

------------------

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey madcurl, isnt there some sort of a law against you owning more than one choptop in Caleefornia? Jeeze, two man, one would be good enough for me!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For insurance...Two is always better than one, if I ever wreck one...I'll just roll out the next one he,he.

------------------

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, e-mail sent ....
Daniel87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel87GTSend a Private Message to Daniel87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I've decided on the configuration of the car we will build to replace the Stinger.

Did you finish up the GT-40? Maybe I missed seeing pics of the final thing? How is that going?

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Is that page 12?

Well while we wait to hear from Rob, I thought I'd let you know that the Stinger is coming up for sale in the next week or so.

Originally I had said that I'd keep & drive the Stinger for about 2 years and it will be 2 years pretty soon. I've decided to sell it for 2 reasons. Current health provblems make it real difficult to drive a stick shift right now & MOST IMPORTANT I've decided on the configuration of the car we will build to replace the Stinger.

So Save up your Nickels & Dimes.

Archie

Im know Im not in the market to buy it, but Im just curious to what it will be selling for? Its such a great car! I love it!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm....Archie put the Stinger on E-bay last year this time for $19,500?

But I think he wants to sell it for much less...Archie's quote; "save your nickles and dimes." So its in between, saving your pennies and saving your bucks.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock