Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350154 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 400th post to this thread and the top of page 11 belongs to the DRTYRAT.

I'm taking a few days off to go to Vegas and visit my brother and his family.

So these will be the last pics. I post before I return.

Pay no nevermind to the wet spot on the floor, I let a stock Fiero inside the building and it peed on the floor.

^anybody see something weird in this picture? ^

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-21-2003).]

IP: Logged
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You cleaned the shop since I was there?

Snicker, snicker

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

712 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Actually,the balled up plastic behind the sawhorses resembles a human head/torso - and it's not even Halloween yet!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Actually,the balled up plastic behind the sawhorses resembles a human head/torso - and it's not even Halloween yet!

Yes I did clean the shop since you were there, but you can't tell it now.

It's supposed to be a ghost.

these guys on here are notorious for looking to see what's in the background in pics. I wonder what else they see.

Archie

fiero go fast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you look right above the rats roof, on the back shelf, it looks like you have Johnny 5's head leaning against the wall on the shelf.

Matt

Matthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MatthianSend a Private Message to MatthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was gonna say the stain on the floor kinda looked like a poodle when u looked at it side ways

archie, how come you blocked out chester's lisence plate in the last few pics and not the first couple?

fierogt3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matthian:

archie, how come you blocked out chester's lisence plate in the last few pics and not the first couple?

its the FLASH

------------------
FieroGt3 Website! Check it out.

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a LS1 on the cradle with a 5 speed transmission.

Loyde

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FastFieros

2698 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Originally posted by Matthian:

i was gonna say the stain on the floor kinda looked like a poodle when u looked at it side ways

The flash on the camera causes the plate to do that blackout.

Loyde

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Actually,the balled up plastic behind the sawhorses resembles a human head/torso

Maybe he's got George Miller in there!

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks great! Thanks for the pics and have a great time Archie. See ya soon!

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop DONE!!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

PFF
System Bot
Mighty Mouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mighty MouseSend a Private Message to Mighty MouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

I see a LS1 on the cradle with a 5 speed transmission.

Loyde

Loyde's got it right. In the 2nd picture down just above the rear wing on the "rat." I can not wait to see that thing installed.

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

Originally Pontiac designed the Fiero with a lower roof than the one they actually produced. The 'ergonomic-nazis' within Pontiac told the design team that the original roof design would not allow the average buyer to sit in comfortably. Imagine that? So my question to you is how high from the ground to the highest roof point does your chop measure? My untrained eye says that the DRTYRAT and all the other mods you've done have their cars at 40 inches, like thee Ford GT-40. Am I correct? Incedentally, the original roof height for the Fiero was supposed to be 1.5 inches lower than what they actually produced.

Sincerely,

Kevin Sullivan

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Hey Archie,

Originally Pontiac designed the Fiero with a lower roof than the one they actually produced. The 'ergonomic-nazis' within Pontiac told the design team that the original roof design would not allow the average buyer to sit in comfortably. Imagine that? So my question to you is how high from the ground to the highest roof point does your chop measure? My untrained eye says that the DRTYRAT and all the other mods you've done have their cars at 40 inches, like thee Ford GT-40. Am I correct? Incedentally, the original roof height for the Fiero was supposed to be 1.5 inches lower than what they actually produced.

Sincerely,

Kevin Sullivan

The Rat has also been dropped to the ground by about 3" so she is a good 6" LOWER than the average Fiero!

------------------
Elvira
President, New England Fiero Association (NEFA) until Nov 2
www.fieropride.com
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (TruBlu)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey kevin, my choptop measurements from the rear corner window to ground is 42", 6" from the ground to the rear rocker panel with a 1 1/2" rear wheel gap with 20's

------------------

vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if that puddle is from another car how come there are no wet spots on the Rats tires and no tire tracks? Hmmmm.....
sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
these guys on here are notorious for looking to see what's in the background in pics. I wonder what else they see.

Archie

what like this?

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

Selling my rebuilt and never run LT1, if interested email me dankuzma@hotmail.com.

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooo two gt40's

archie, on the last page you replied to me that he had a big engine in there, i knew that, i just thought maybe you were going to mod it (cough, supercharger, cough)

It looks great rob, you are one lucky gentlemen.

virii01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still want to know what's up with the LT5 posted earlier in the thread...
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
8 days and counting until we pick the Rat up at Archie's! We will be bringing the F355 nose so we can take some proper "completed" pics of the newest choptop (and the ONLY black one!)! I am almost as excited as Chester is to get her down here to her new home in Kentucky so we can start breaking in the motor! If all goes well, we may bring her up to the Carlisle show in May.

------------------
Elvira
President, New England Fiero Association (NEFA) until Nov 2
www.fieropride.com
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (TruBlu)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vwaltdog:

if that puddle is from another car how come there are no wet spots on the Rats tires and no tire tracks? Hmmmm.....

the rat was downhill...

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, if you look at the way the puddle ran accross the floor, it went from the right side to the left (in the picture) and ran under the dirty rat from the other side of the shop.

Steve

Danno88GT5Spd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2003 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Danno88GT5SpdSend a Private Message to Danno88GT5SpdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow.. that looks amazing. Looks like a very smooth job to me. Are the new sail/quarter windows flat? Or are they bowed/round to match the body line?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danno88GT5Spd:

Wow.. that looks amazing. Looks like a very smooth job to me. Are the new sail/quarter windows flat? Or are they bowed/round to match the body line?

Thanks for the compliments!

The sail panels are bowed some but not as much as the originals. Archie cuts them down to fit the chop. Those are aftermarket replacements that I got some time ago.

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop DONE!!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2003 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chester,

how does the rat ride with the 2.5 drop on 17's ?

I see you have coilovers,...I am thinking about a 2" drop on 17's for my 86 coupe, but coilovers may be too expensive for me.

Any reccomendations ? Anyone else can also chime in, Archie included.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2003 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Chester,

how does the rat ride with the 2.5 drop on 17's ?

I see you have coilovers,...I am thinking about a 2" drop on 17's for my 86 coupe, but coilovers may be too expensive for me.

Any reccomendations ? Anyone else can also chime in, Archie included.

The rides not too bad with the coilovers but you have to tweak the spring rate for your app. I've noticed that the yellow GT I had with the Ebach (SP?) lowering springs had a better ride (not as harsh on the bumps). I stayed with the coilovers for the ride height adjustment. But then again, this isn't my daily driver anymore. Also I haven't really Driven the car since I put the V8 in it. If this is for a daily driver and you don't need the adjustability, I'd say go the Ebach route.

Rob D.

kirkio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2003 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kirkioClick Here to visit kirkio's HomePageSend a Private Message to kirkioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where can you get those scoops?
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2003 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kirkio:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Archie:

Where can you get those scoops?

I believe that Curley made them himself.

By the way, welcome to the forum! Great to see more MI members!

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2003 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly's friend Tim (Trainman)is in the process of reproducing a batch. I spoke to him over the phone a couple of weeks ago and he's working on em.

virii01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2003 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

C'mon, I want to know more!!!

Oct 28th, 2003
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2003 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by virii01:

C'mon, I want to know more!!!

I think that is destine to go in a GT40..
No matter what it goes in, it'll be fun!

Rob D.

PFF
System Bot
jayguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2003 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jayguyClick Here to visit jayguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to jayguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me or does that LT-5 look brand new? Where can I get one for my car?????

:grin:

Can't wait to see more on the buildup of those GT40's. Before I bought my Fiero I was looking at kit cars, and leaning heavily towards the GT40, even though I knew I wouldn't be able to afford the kits for a while. If I can do that with a frame I already have ('87 SE) that'll make it a little less expensive. What more can you tell us now?

------------------
Jay
'87 Fiero SE 2.8 5spd
'94 Ducati M900
'01 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner

Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2003 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are the choptop windows easy to scratch? can they be easily tinted?

------------------

Oct 31st, 2003
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2003 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the time is upon us to finally go get my car!!!

Needless to say I'm a little anxious!

We leave today about 1:00 (gotta work this morning) and head out to some friends in Michigan, then first thing tomorrow morning it’s off to Archie we go. Can't wait to get my baby back home!!!

Rob D.

------------------

Big BAD V8!
Choptop DONE!!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2003 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Rob! Drive safely, and take LOTS of pictures when you get it back home!
Nov 1st, 2003
MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2003 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a safe trip you two...talk to you on Sunday.

Ps...please don't wait until you get home to post pics.

HI Archie

------------------
MsBeth~The Coupe Boomtastic Racing
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.- Henry David Thoreau

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2003 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MsBeth:
HI Archie

Hi, I figure they should be getting home anytime now.

So I'll post a couple of pics I took just before they got here today, to tide you over.

It sure is fun when "Car People" visit at the shop, we must have stood around BS'ing for an hours before I let them leave.

Archie

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2003 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
crazy crazy crazy....
FieroGT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2003 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT86Send a Private Message to FieroGT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Christ that thing is mean.
Nov 2nd, 2003
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW
*drool*
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock