Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38562 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie has me stopping by his shop on the way to Wisconsin. He will check the chop. Fingers crossed....

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-17-2013).]

IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if this would have turned out differently if this thread had been titled "A Beautiful Whodeanie Project" ? John, I am really sorry for you and all the others. Sorry for all those who came in to work on The Joel Project, and now I see it's just a piece of junk. After all the parts and labor everyone put into it, it must have been cannibalized, judging by your description.

Your cars are in better condition now than they have been in a while, simply because they're in better hands, even if no more work is done to them. Please don't give up on them. You'll surely make a lot of people very happy if you finish your dream. And I believe it will make you feel better, too.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope so. Chuck thinks he can fix the Joel Project car. We will see if he can work some magic!!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chuck Willyard? FieroChild?
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Archie has me stopping by his shop on the way to Wisconsin. He will check the chop. Fingers crossed....

Ya know the longer I hang around here and see folks coming in with new products only to leave with people's money and parts with seeming impunity the more I have come to realize what a CLASS ACT Archie is. I mean just look at all the customers who have gotten what they paid for without quarrel or guff from him and it is not hard to see the quality of the work that comes out of his shop from all the photos he posts here. I know whodeanie initially sure seemed like the real deal but this is just one more instance that makes the work and reputation Archie has look so good. I doubt anyone here expects him to do anything to the Rottinchop for free as he is in business but the fact that he will look at it and give an assessment of the damage particularly of the chop shows the kind of character he has. Good luck with whatever happens to the Rottinchop man. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey! had idea, when by Archie maybe he has a hood laying around!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We began that process. I have to look at this and be a realist. Many hours will be poured in to a lawsuit along with a few thousand dollars spent. I will win, of that there is very little doubt, but where will that leave me? I will have lost those hours and that money but will recieve nothing in return other than the satisfaction of winning. It will be hard to gain money from an individual that has none. I will end up losing all that time and money as well. I think I would be better served by cutting my loses now and pressing forward.

John, I totally understand, and reluctantly have to agree with you. It just makes me sick to my stomach that he could get away with all of this, and walk away Scott free. Sickening......

I do look forward to seeing your vision of the Rottin Chop completed. A lot of great guys seem to be behind you, and I am sure it will come to fruition.

GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Anyone who had any doubts about taking their cars to Dean's shop,.....ummmmm GAME OVER.

GAME OVER indeed...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:

GAME OVER indeed...

Had we all possesed psychic abilities to predict that Whodeanie would flame out, perhaps no one would have lost.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-18-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Had we all possesed psychic abilities to predict that Whodeanie would flame out, perhaps no one would have lost.

I could point out I said to get your cars out of there back in September of 2012 but its all moot now. Yes a lot of people defended Dean tooth and nail. Yes a lot of things were said that can never be taken back. Neg ratings were thrown like candy. Hell I almost got banned in the process! Some of us came out of this better/worse than others. You read these stories and think, how can this happen? Trust me, its happens gradually. By the time you start to piece it together, its too late. You want to believe, you want to give the guy the benefit of doubt but it will gnaw at you. Then there is all that peer pressure. No one wants to believe its happening. Some will just flat out call you a liar if you post about it. Its over, its done. Nothing to do now but to pick up the pieces and decide if its worth saving or to walk away.

But you know what? We are still here. The community is still here. We will move on.

I said i before and I mean this. If anyone needs some parts, I have a crap ton of stuff just laying around. Just ask.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 07-19-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any choptop glass windows???
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes!!!

Will trade for low mileage Indy!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, or anyone, do you have a pre-88 manual flywheel for a 2.8? KY87GT is in need of one.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12811 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Steve and John, you each have an email. Please check them.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't, but I do have a flywheel. 3 of them for v6's. A Fidanza 88 light weight flywheel, stock 88 flywheel and a flywheel off the 85GT 4 speed.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 07-18-2013).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, the 85GT 4-speed flywheel will work for his application. Is it for sale? You can respond in the Tech section. Title is 5 speed swap by KY87fierogt

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-18-2013).]

pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John
I don't know where in "Sconsin" you are headed and I may be to far out of your way but ...
I have an 88 hood and deck lid (lug-rack) that I will not be using and will donate to help out.
I am in Dubuque Iowa.
Just let me know.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Steve, the 85GT 4-speed flywheel will work for his application. Is it for sale? You can respond in the Tech section. Title is 5 speed swap by KY87fierogt

You can have it if you cover the shipping.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John let me know what parts you need Steve has deck and hood but we have more. We can all help are brothers that got F#&KED by dean
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hell, if anyone's chassis is too far gone. I have a 87 GT roller w/ clear title (FREE). Tons of parts from it and a shed full of misc Fiero parts. I am well known for my generosity toward helping people in need. Kinda offsets my "fly off the handle" mentality when I get screwed over.

While we are on the topic, I am in need of a L67 long block (S2).

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 07-19-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be near Oshkosh in a town called Menasha.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-18-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John, shoot me a call tomorrow so I can tell ya a couple of hotels you may want to look into, it just so happens you picked the weekend of cruise night downtown Appleton to come. So, if you stay at the Paper Valley hotel you will have front row seats to all the fun!
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've followed this story since the beginning and had my own issues with Dean but never brought them up since they were eventually resolved. You've shown the utmost composure anyone in this situation could have, for that I applaud you. I really hope your car gets done the way you originally intended.

Are you going with a 3800 engine again? If so I have a spare series II n/a short block I'd be willing to donate to help out. I also have a spare hood, GenV s/c, LIM and TB I'd be willing to donate to the cause. I'm on the way up to Wisconsin, just outside of Chicago, so a pickup could be arranged. I have some other body parts laying around I'd be willing to donate if needed. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out, just shoot me a PM.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

[This message has been edited by Jfrost (edited 07-18-2013).]

pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John
Dubuque is about 180 miles west of Chicago.
Menasha is some 190 miles northeast of Dubuque.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow jfrost. Thank you so much for the kind words and the fantastic offer. Let me get everything up to Rob and the guys so they can see where we are at and what will be needed. You guys volunteering to donate stuff...its amazing! Thanks again guys...You rock!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ETA 24 hrs..............
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to try and leave very early in the morning. It is 4.5 hours to Archies then another 2.5 to Robs. This way I can save money on a hotel and make it both directions in one day. If I leave at 5am I can do this with some turn time in both locations.

I am going to shoot for a 0930 arrival at Archies with a 1030 departure. Next I will shoot for a 1300 arrival at Robs with a 1500 departure. That leaves me one day to recover before the work week kicks me right in the junk again! This saves me about $100 on a hotel and $60 on an extra day of trailer rental. Gotta really watch the pennies at this point!!!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-19-2013).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in Appleton once. flew in bought a 911, drove it home. small world. good luck john.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a hood! its sitting up at steve's house! so no need to find one of those!
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will be near Oshkosh in a town called Menasha.

that's where I bought my fiero. Ray
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

that's where I bought my fiero. Ray

Yup! right up the road from my house!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Truck is fueled...car is loaded...time to sleep.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Truck is fueled...car is loaded...time to sleep.

Give me a call when you're 30 minutes or so from my place & I'll run over & meet you there.

It doesn't matter what time you call or show up, I can meet you anytime.

Archie
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Give me a call when you're 30 minutes or so from my place & I'll run over & meet you there.

It doesn't matter what time you call or show up, I can meet you anytime.

Archie

Now that's service!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet a lot of people are waiting to hear from johnny, vettes and others on the out come of this.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks ARCHIE for checking out the chop so we'll know if the chassis is good to go. If the chop is done right the rest will be manageable. We're a very small club but we have a big ambition to pull this project off. I think we can get it done, especially with Rob [jets] leading the way.

LET'S GIT ER DONE!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Thanks ARCHIE for checking out the chop so we'll know if the chassis is good to go. If the chop is done right the rest will be manageable. We're a very small club but we have a big ambition to pull this project off. I think we can get it done, especially with Rob [jets] leading the way.

LET'S GIT ER DONE!!

Holy crap Chris I thought I was the only one left awake at this hour. grrr kid broke yet another tablet pc yay me more to fix ugh.... lol
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

LET'S GIT ER DONE!!

I'm quite far from an expert in any way but -in my uninformed, realistically useless opinion- that part of it seemed alright. Granted, a bit of cleaning would be a great idea due to exposure to the elements but the metal work didn't look terrible to me. However, I've never done a chop and I've not been involved with any part of that process at all, so we'll definitely have to wait and see what the expert says. I have my fingers crossed anyway.

Keep us in the loop on this one, guys.

I guess not.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 07-20-2013).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is WOW.

This thread doesn't even come close to describing how badly the OP got screwed.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock