Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 29)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (44015 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, getting ahold of me here isn't the best as many know.

Some use FB. which is why I am here now. I was told I was getting an ass kicking, but by the end I may have much more free time.
I may switch to hand delivery from now on. So I guess we may hope to catch me at an event.

If you wish to directly get a hold of me, BEST two ways are through my email which is my username without the underscore @gmail.com and my phone number which is far from secret... Text is best so you can ID yourself as I have no ringtone for unknown callers.

What do I have IN STOCK? ONE SET! and I just promised it to someone else. Will I have more? Debating on a demand. My 8 yr old has become quite good at helping her GIMP DAD with making them. Might be able to offset costs of her modeling career.

Stu
IP: Logged
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seriously? You take money from people, disappear for 3 months with no info or updates and YOU have the balls to come on here bitching??? Really??? Stu I think you're missing the point here. Everyone likes your product, many that know you personally like you and have backed you, but those who placed orders and then got nothing and heard nothing for almost 4 months are pissed and rightfully so. All you had to do was take 30 seconds and post a quick "very busy with life, dews delayed" that's all you had to do but you didn't post anything since 7/13

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:
Now DLCKL where's my damage pics? and those plans tubes.. I believe I know which ones you're referring to, if you can show me that a set of dews will fit in them then please tell me where to get them.Stu

I still have the wipes in the tube they came in so i can take a picture when I get home from work, not a problem. And i never said the wipes were damaged, just the tube was trashed. Luckily the wipes are flexable and are fine.
The shipping tube i'm referring to is a standard 36" UPS/FedEx shipping tube simmilar to the one you used. Just that i never had an issue with them being bent in half like yours seem to experience. Maybe it's the USPS tubes, maybe they aren't as tough, or your post office just sucks.

So all in all I don't make them fast enough, everyone seems to believe they can be made cheaper, Shipping has become ridiculous
DLCKL If you aren't happy with me feel free to sell me back the dews at a profit. I don't mind. Seems to me you decided to start bashing AFTER yours were in hand.
Stu

I don't think the cost of the wipes, the shipping charge or the quality of them was EVER an issue, far from it. The issue is the lack of communication with your customers, that's what sucks. And I, like the others waiting, aren't going to start openly bitching at you knowing there's no chance of geting a refund from paypal 1-2 months after sending payment. That would be stupid. But after getting them I can voice my opinion if i want and i did; great product, piss-poor communication.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 10-29-2013).]

coveyba

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coveybaSend a Private Message to coveybaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,

Please do youself a favor. Get this thread taken down. Start a new thread describing that this is not your "Business" but an extension of a hobby of yours. That folks who wish to do business with you can expect to wait until your busy schedule allows you the time to meet the orders you accept.

Ask people to put their names on a list that you will maintain. When you have product for them - then reach out to them and arrange payment. Once you are paid ship them in a reasonable time.

All of the issues have come from folks who send you $$ and then end up waiting. Get organized - a simple list of who asked for orders first - and don't take any payment until you are ready with product. Put up a post occasionally on here describing that the current list reflects a wait of a month or two. Or Six, or whatever so people have some clue as to what they are signing up for.

If you do it this way, and more clearly communicate that this is you hobby - that gets you attention only when the other demands in your life are quiet - folks will be more understanding that they are waiting for a product made with care by an enthusiast rather that from a Fiero Store type of situation.

You will never get stuck with product because, as can clearly be seen on here, there are many people hoping to do business with you.

I do not see anyone trashing you because your daughter, or your primary job is you priority in your life. They are all upset with the same things. 1. Lack of Communication and 2. LACK of COMMUNICATION!!!!

After we had our disagreement, I wished you well - and I mean that. Things are tough all over and I know of very few folks having an easy time right now. Make you own life easier and start this Dew Wipe business over again, with a little more organization and communication, and I am sure that all this trouble will quiet down.

I hope that you are feeling better soon and wish well to you and your family. I think everyone does.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coveyba:

Stu,

Please do youself a favor. Get this thread taken down.

This is not Stu's thread to do with what he wants. It now belongs to everyone who's posted in it.

I have no dog in this fight, but I hate it when people suggest that history be erased or re-written.
coveyba

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coveybaSend a Private Message to coveybaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should have worded that differently. Simply meant that he should start this dew wipe thing fresh with an explanation up front of what folks should expect, better organization and better communication.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coveyba:

Should have worded that differently.

Okay, fine.

It's just that I've seen lots of disagreements here over the years where people say inappropriate and/or nasty things... and then hope they can just wipe the slate clean and start over.

IMO, it's important for a record of sorts to be kept, so that perhaps people think about what they're going to say before they post something they may later regret. Helps to keep things civil.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You asked so FWIW, here's a picture of how mine arrived. I noticed that the wipes are slightly bent too but not crimped so they should straighten out when installed. I didn't have a UPS tube at home to compare the 2 but i think the UPS tubes are slightly stronger/sturdier than the USPS. If you make/sell/ship more you may want to consider using UPS. May cost a few bucks more but you can pass that along to the consumer AND it will provide you/them with a tracking number. EDIT TO ADD; i did straighten out the box to remove the wipes, it was worse when i got it.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 10-30-2013).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Okay, fine.

It's just that I've seen lots of disagreements here over the years where people say inappropriate and/or nasty things... and then hope they can just wipe the slate clean and start over.

IMO, it's important for a record of sorts to be kept, so that perhaps people think about what they're going to say before they post something they may later regret. Helps to keep things civil.

I agree, a few of us went through a lot, a few years ago, to finally get a refund on a venture that never materialized and just last year the same person tried to start selling something else.
Someone was able to link an old thread thus letting the potential buyers make up their own minds on whether to purchase from this person or not.

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah the UPS tubes are 2" too short, I've even contemplated sending them in PVC Sewer pipe to try to protect them. It all came down to not wanting to send $100 worth of parts with $50 shipping. However I could start using UPS anyway because they do tend to take better care of packages.

I've even had one returned to me as just the Address section of the box torn off... Where'd the rest go?
northstar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did he deliver your mail in a fiero?
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah the UPS tubes are 2" too short, I've even contemplated sending them in PVC Sewer pipe to try to protect them. It all came down to not wanting to send $100 worth of parts with $50 shipping. However I could start using UPS anyway because they do tend to take better care of packages.

I've even had one returned to me as just the Address section of the box torn off... Where'd the rest go?

I wasn't expecting to find what has transpired on the last two pages when I came back here to say I finally installed the outer pair I purchased from you about 2 yrs ago and that in regards to them I think you forgot to mention that not only do they help keep the rain and leaves out of your door, if the old ones were really bad, it will get rid of a lot of rattles and noise in general. I put them in 3 days ago and I'm still smiling about how much quieter the inside of the car is now.

Good job, and unfortunately the post office is going through labor pains it may never get over, and that directly affects the attitude of the employees and some of them are nasty regardless and it can manifest in the condition your package arrives in. My experience; intentionally broken CDs by USPS and delivery of a torn and obviously empty large box that was supposed to contain a G6 axle and jackshaft by UPS. Sometimes I don't like people.

[This message has been edited by Joseph Upson (edited 11-08-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really interested in a full set of outer dew wipes. May also take a set of inner wipes if you have them. Plus the extra felt to cover the guides inside the door.
Please let me know when you will have either or both available.
I don't know how to get ahold of you by Facebook or email. And I do understand that this is a part time thing for you. So I understand that it may take a few months to get it. Yours are so much better than Fiero Store's that I really want some made by you.
Thanks,
Reese (Knight)
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock