Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (44013 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

That's for the outers, or the inners?
It's the outside of my window that is scratched.

The outer dews come with the guides already attached. It is the inner guides that are the ones you would have to recover.
IP: Logged
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SETS OF OUTER DEW WIPES IN STOCK

Outer dews do come ready to install nothing needed. I was describing the inner window guides under the inner dews.

I also placed an order today for more materials and inner dews. Once the current orders are fufilled I'll have 15 More sets of Outers and 4 more sets of inners.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 04-28-2010).]

Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Stu,

Any update on when you'll be shipping again? I had written to you a while back requesting two sets of outers and you had said you'd be in touch when you got caught up.

No rush, just curious.

Thanks,

Carroll
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you PM. Need a passenger side unit.
Carrolles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Ks86gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ks86gtSend a Private Message to Ks86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
flexxmi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flexxmiSend a Private Message to flexxmiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got done installing the dew wipes from Stu today. Wasn't too bad of a job. I think that window crank handle clip was nearly as bad as the two 'hidden' screws - and I wasn't about to buy that window crank handle clip tool since I don't plan on taking the door panels off again for a very long time! Nonetheless, thanks again for supplying the community with a great product, Stu. They are awesome!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carrolles:

Hi Stu,

Any update on when you'll be shipping again? I had written to you a while back requesting two sets of outers and you had said you'd be in touch when you got caught up.

No rush, just curious.

Thanks,

Carroll

I'm sorry I can ship out anytime you're ready.
A_Pegasi

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys I'm hold onto Kelvin's and jegentry's dews since inners are due to arrive at anytime. At the same time More outers are arriving too.

UPDATE on sales. I'm having interests pop up on group buys again. And to be fair These are all Hand made by ONE PERSON. I buy the materials at set prices. 1 pc or 100 pcs doesn't change the price for materials. All prices are set in stone with my USA Owned and Operated suppliers and we like it that way. Prices don't change and there's no guess work on any of it. The only thing I can do with a group buy is play with the prices of shipping. I know I can fit 3 sets comfortably into one box which costs $14 to ship. I can be willing to play with shipping costs to benefit a group buy, but not much else. I still have to make each piece. My laser cutter still has to cut parts from metal "drops" to keep my costs down, my rivet supplier has to count rivets and ship them and my other larger suppliers still have to pay their duties. And believe me I push and lean on each and every one of them to be fast with shipments. So I don't cut them any slack and sometimes I feel I can't cut myself any slack because I can't keep up with demand either. If anyone wants to tell me to hire help... I've tried, I've even enlisted my wife to Mark my materials from the templates... I caught hell for it for a long time... And even the markings weren't perfect. I stride to make the BEST PARTS POSSIBLE, because it only takes one bad part to tarnish a reputation. So all in all EVERY step is QC'd with the most demanding guidelines set by and executed by the BOSS.

Think your boss is hard on you? Try working for yourself.

This is not a Rant and I'm in Great moods after a relaxing weekend of accomplishing NOTHING. So I'll keep you all posted and All PM's have been answered.

DIY_Stu
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Here's the current info.

Outers $100
Inners $80
Shipping up to 3 sets $14 Flat rate to ship the box 3 sets can fit in one box.

Current Batch:
Outers
Katatak SHIPPED AGAIN.
1: Calikid SHIPPED
3: wmorse '84' SHIPPED
4: RussSan SHIPPED
5: Carrolles SHIPPED
6: Carrolles SHIPPED
7: Flexxmi '84' SHIPPED
8: FirstDrCar '84' SHIPPED
9: Fiero-in-Paradise SHIPPED
10: cubrazy '84' SHIPPED
11: Kelvin Vivian SHIPPED
12: Kelvin Vivian SHIPPED
13: jegentry
14: jegentry
15: Reserved (special Member)

Inners only
2: Kelvin Vivian SHIPPED
3: Kelvin Vivian SHIPPED
Next batch beginning this weekend.

.5: Alex4mula - Pass Side
1: zigaroo - Pass Side
2: Ks86gt
3: Brastic - ???
4: A_Pegasi - ???

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 05-07-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah! Please PM me when you want me to send payment.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well after owning my Fiero for 9 years now it's finally time that I can save for paint!! I've needed new dew wipes since day 1 and was just going to wait until it was time to send it to a body shop. Well the time is FINALLY near.

So if you could put me down for a full set (inners, outers, and do you do guides? Or still just replacement felt?) I know it was just replacement felt thrown in at the begining of the thread but didn't feel like reading through all 10 pages to see if anything changed.

So total cost $194 still right? Where should I send payment? You can let me know via PM or whatevers easiest for you. Thank you.
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Golden Gate Fiero club is going to host a dew wipe install day. Right people have signed up for about 10 sets. When I get the final number, I will PayPal you the money.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still only trow in the felt. So drying time will slow down the replacement time.

Yes one KIT is $194 shipped to your door.
I have everything ready.

Brastic I'm in the process of making this batch right now.
Stu
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

I still only trow in the felt. So drying time will slow down the replacement time.

Yes one KIT is $194 shipped to your door.
I have everything ready.

Stu

Sounds good to me, what's your paypal address? Any idea on time frame of when they would ship, no big hurry here, just wondering.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a funeral to goto so it will be Tuesday.
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent. paypal money sent...

Thanks!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All orders made during the weekend will ship out tomorrow. I was wanting to ship them today but family crisis stopped that. Now it's time to take things day by day and get back to what we believe as normal.

Stu
Carrolles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent payment last night.
Thanks
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need an outer set for a customer's car.
How do I order them?
PFF
System Bot
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All orders made during the weekend will ship out tomorrow. I was wanting to ship them today but family crisis stopped that. Now it's time to take things day by day and get back to what we believe as normal.

Stu

Thank you for the reply. I hope all is well.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys a bit distracted and exhausted this week. Doing my best to just stay awake at work. Not much fun. I need something fun. But Carrolles your dews are on their way out. Buddy PM sent, and Gearing up to start on this new batch. Just need some metal bits to show up.
Carrolles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great tohear.
Thanks
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your pm, thanks.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dew wipes arrived today!! They look great, I can't wait to see how nice it is going to look with all of that dried up, cracked and missing rubber gone. Very nice product!! You get a + from me for sure!
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 05-08-2010).]

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, bump and a + for you.
A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment on it's way!
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Package received - thanks DIY_Stu! - kv

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump... will place order when funds available.

------------------
Robb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Pontiac thing What else Can I say??????
1985 Fiero GT
1998 Sunfire Turbocharged
1996 Grand Prix

PFF
System Bot
A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Package Received. OUTSTANDING!

Thanks Stu

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Down to two sets left out of this batch. Placing material orders now.
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flexxmi:

Just got done installing the dew wipes from Stu today. Wasn't too bad of a job. I think that window crank handle clip was nearly as bad as the two 'hidden' screws - and I wasn't about to buy that window crank handle clip tool since I don't plan on taking the door panels off again for a very long time! Nonetheless, thanks again for supplying the community with a great product, Stu. They are awesome!

For you and other users, my dad always used a hacksaw blade to get the clip off. The teeth catch on the clip;It works very well.

These dew wipes are awesome, had mine for around 2 years!

[This message has been edited by 02greens10 (edited 06-02-2010).]

imacflier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for imacflierSend a Private Message to imacflierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,

You have email.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by imacflier:

Stu,

You have email.

Not yet I don't. Unless you're Dell.com, Prisonplanet.tv or Viagra Man, then you didn't send me any mail today.

Stu

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 06-07-2010).]

02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not yet I don't. Unless you're Dell.com, Prisonplanet.tv or Viagra Man, then you didn't send me any mail today.

Stu

He sent it to me for some reason. I will tell him to try again.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far so good on the next batch. May have 7 left and will be planning to take any sets left to Minnesota with me on my trip.
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump cause your gay
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AutoMark

496 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by AutoMark:

bump cause your gay

dang... I meant great...

btw, I gave you #74!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock