Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (44015 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
civicduty13

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for civicduty13Click Here to visit civicduty13's HomePageSend a Private Message to civicduty13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want a set. How you want me to pay? inners and outers avail still?
IP: Logged
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SETS OF OUTER DEW WIPES IN STOCK
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN PRODUCTION
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They will be available soon. I'm waiting on the brackets.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 11-11-2008).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are GREAT!!!

Mine have been installed for a number of weeks now (thanks Stu!!!) and I got a compliment on them by a Vette owner today who came by my shop. He was looking at the car (I always seem to have the T-tops out) and he actually commented on how good the dew wipes were. Wow. Who but a car person really notices things like that??
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does he need some? I could attempt my hand at those too.
but I really don't have the time for them.
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope...he has just finished a beautiful restoration on a 1963 split-window Vette. Looks like it just rolled off the show room floor.
He said he had worked on the car for a little over 2 years, and I figure that is why he noticed the small details like the dew wipes.
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought these a long time ago(months) and finally installed them this week. These things are top notch and fit perfect.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok guy's I'm out of bed. been stuck there for nearly 4 days. got a small list of medicals but nothing that will last too long. I went from 30 - 80 over night. Upper respiratory, urinary tract, and dehydration, as well as some tired tired muscles. So now I can start replying to some emails. I do have the next batches worth of materials first five sets have been paid for and several other sets worth asked about but not paid yet because I haven't told them how. So I am now going to get started on these to try to have the first 5 sent out by the end of the weekend and hope to have all the others ready by then too. all this against Doc's instruction to take it easy. Who's he think he is to tell me to take it easy.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should take it easy Stu, doing a lot of work for someone who should be in bed. Not that I ever listened to such advice either
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Ok guy's I'm out of bed. been stuck there for nearly 4 days. got a small list of medicals but nothing that will last too long. I went from 30 - 80 over night. Upper respiratory, urinary tract, and dehydration, as well as some tired tired muscles. So now I can start replying to some emails. I do have the next batches worth of materials first five sets have been paid for and several other sets worth asked about but not paid yet because I haven't told them how. So I am now going to get started on these to try to have the first 5 sent out by the end of the weekend and hope to have all the others ready by then too. all this against Doc's instruction to take it easy. Who's he think he is to tell me to take it easy.

Take it easy, we need you for many many years to come!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll probably be feeling this for a couple weeks to come. He said there's a lot in my lungs to get out or be absorbed. Smoking sure isn't helping one bit.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First 5 sets are hitting the mail tomorrow. The current inquiries will receive their info tomorrow as well. It's getting late here so it's time for bed.
One heck of a month so far. Let's hope it gets LESS EVENTFUL for me.

Stu
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you're recovering

Were you able to send out the wipes today?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes and the tracking is in your email used for paypal
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
MTFIERO

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MTFIEROSend a Private Message to MTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received the wipes today and they look AWSOME!!! Now all I need to do is get them installed. Thanks STU!!
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MTFIERO:

I received the wipes today and they look AWSOME!!! Now all I need to do is get them installed. Thanks STU!!

Same here! I hope to have them installed this weekend, thank you
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a couple TIPS on installation.

Use an extension magnet to control the screw when removing them. finding them in the bottom of the door is not any fun at all.

Use pieces of duct tape attached to the screwdriver and the screw to control them while installing them. Insert screw turn one turn then pull the screwdriver back to remove the tape. This will keep the screw on the screwdriver when putting them in then once they are in the door you need to get the tape out of the way before tightening them down or the tape will stay in the door. Adds a couple minutes to the process, but really saves you a whole lot of frustration in the end.

Stu
Dre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DreSend a Private Message to DreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in a set but I'm unable to PM you a request.
Wow can I reach you?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stuartATdiy-fieroDOTcom

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 04-06-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when i can get funds in order im going to be ordering a set off you my dew wipes are beond done
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 4 sets available at this time.

Stu
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, I've been talking to Stu about buying just the passenger side, but I know it's a hassle for him to break up a set. If anyone needs just the driver side, PM me and we can split the bill.

Robert
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Consider one set sold.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

topcat

5486 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Stu, can you please pm me payment info?

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Stu, can you please pm me payment info?

You can PayPal him at stuart@diy-fiero.com
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually have 3 sets unpaid for. Got a check in the mail today. Just need to clear it now.

Thanks F1F for stepping up with the info.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 01-05-2009).]

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu - PM Sent
blue87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blue87Send a Private Message to blue87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Stu, will you be making the felt window guides (the two metal brackets with felt that press against the inner part of the window). Cause if you are, I 'm sure it will be of much better quilty than the fiero store. I would be highly interested in this.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having them made is more hassle than the price for them. BUT if you don't mind gluing new felt to your own then I can send extra felting to install onto your old tabs. The hardest part is removing the old materials. Other bad side is you need to leave your window in the way up position long enough for the glue to set up. Once set they can be installed but not adjusted against the glass until cured. once fully cured they can be adjusted out then the inner door panel be put back on.
PFF
System Bot
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so glad that I read about your strips and read the comparison review before I spent the money on Fiero Store's strips. I definitely want an inner and outer set. Plus if you could send enough felt for the window guides that would be great!
When will you have both sets available?
Can I only pay with PayPal? If other, then what ways can I pay?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so glad you clicked the threads. That order will be $194 shipped. the felt I throw in since it does take a little work and patience on your part to install them. I can have your order ready to ship on Tuesday. I don't keep any inner dews in stock because they take little time to make and cost me so much I don't want to risk them sitting in my garage getting dirty or damaged. If you want them now I can pick up some material to knock your sets out to ship on Tues if you like. Just let me know my pm email or paypal.

Payment.... Paypal is preferred but I can take Checks, Money Orders.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recieved a set of outers today and am very happy with the quality and packaging they arrived in - it's nice to do business with someone who takes the time to do it right! Thanks Stu

Jim
DPWood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DPWoodClick Here to visit DPWood's HomePageSend a Private Message to DPWoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll call out dibbs on that last pair of outers along with some extra material to re-cover those little pads/guides. Do you have inners completed as well?? I do have to go out and check the condition of mine before I can send out payal. I have a US address set up for shipping.

Thanks....

David

------------------
His Fiero: 1984 2M4 Coupe

Her Fiero: 1984 2M4 Convertible

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Money sent, Stu.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should have some sets ready by the end of the weekend.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I knocked out 5 sets over the weekend have 3 sets available at this time.
jeffndebrus

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a set.
paypal on it's way. Do I need to send you what's left of our dewipes? Seems like I remember that?

Thanks Jeff
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No I no longer take cores since I get the metal parts laser cut now.

PM sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock