Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (44015 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

dang... I meant great...

btw, I gave you #74!

ok... one last time... i mean UR WIPES are great... guess I just coulda edited... o well. hahahahahaha

edit cause... woohoo! I own pg 11!!! Doesnt that mean, I get a FREE pair???

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 06-23-2010).]

IP: Logged
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SETS OF OUTER DEW WIPES IN STOCK

Careful bub.

Johnny Smith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2010 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet you could make a killer set of P-seals for the T-top Fieros. Felt and a pliable metal strip.
JMergen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMergenSend a Private Message to JMergenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HAd a death in the family Funeral in the morning. I'll get back to work afterwards also will answer any unanswered pms then too
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that Stu.... you and your family are in my thoughts/prayers...
Brians86SE

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brians86SESend a Private Message to Brians86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Brians86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brians86SESend a Private Message to Brians86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On page 1 of this thread you stated:

I can offer single sides if needed

Are you saying this is no longer the case?

brian
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not saying that at all. It's just I have 4 sets that are going to Frazee with me and that's that. I will not break one set to sell one half. Heck I'm not selling anymore on here until after the 28th. At that time I can pick up material to make a single side. Like it or hate it either is ok with me. To the forum I'm sold out. To those I'll be seeing in a couple days I'll have some with me.

Stu.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu my Indy will be needing these when I return. They do work on 84s, correct?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes they do. I haven't personally put them on an 84 but there have been many that have bought and installed on them. I make it a point to ask if anything had to be done to get them on. Some say there's a difference, yet I have always been told that they went right on with no problems. I'm still wondering what that difference is.
PFF
System Bot
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the wipes in the mail yesterday and as many others have said they look good.

Only kicker is that now I have to go out there and install 'em.

Also, had to post so that I could add to your trader rating. Thanks buddy -

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

[This message has been edited by mcaanda (edited 08-10-2010).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Yes they do. I haven't personally put them on an 84 but there have been many that have bought and installed on them. I make it a point to ask if anything had to be done to get them on. Some say there's a difference, yet I have always been told that they went right on with no problems. I'm still wondering what that difference is.

Supposedly the difference is the early 84 cars. Mine is 24,421, built December 1983, and the Fiero Store's crappy dew wipes went on no problem. The earliest Indy's are in the 30,000 range, so there shouldn't be any problem.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,
If you could plan a set for me I will tell you when I get close to returning. That way you can send them and I can install them during my few days off.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok over the weekend I was shown the actual difference between early 84 dews and the rest. The early ones have a bit of a lip to them. Without it there some tweaking that has to be done but it's still noticeable. I'll give it my best shot to get what's needed to make them. No promises though.

To all others it will be a few days before I get started on another batch. Trying to get things on the home front straightened up before continuing.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I get home I will take mine out and take some pics so you can see which mine are.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to throw in my 2 cents on my method for removing the old dew wipes, if nobody minds. My way involves destroying the old ones but I'm sure nobody minds that. I really wish I had pictures and If anyone local ever needs to replace theirs I'll come do the install just to be able to take pics I figure this is as good a thread as any since Stu really does make awesome parts and everyone needing dew wipes should eventually read the thread anyway.

1. Remove inner door panel and inner dew wipe just like everyone else's directions.

2. Roll down window and remove the screws you can get at easily. You now have two PITA screws. You could use Rodney's tool or remove the outer panel and loosen/drill out the screws from the other side, but meh.

3. Roll the window back up. Notice how much room you have to push it back now that the inner wipes are gone? Enough room to squeeze in the end of a tool, perhaps?

4. Attain a pair of tin snips or diagonal cutters. Tin snips are much better as the head is longer and the blades are narrower and they just cut better but if you don't have 'em dont sweat it.

5. Now you get to cut up the old dew wipes. You have two inner screws that you cant get at so instead of using a screw driver you are going to trim the dew wipes around them into little tabs to turn them into "wings" to spin the screws out with.

From each end of the door, cut the floppy, loose part of the dew wipe off. Cut about 2-3 inches BEFORE the irremoveable screws on each side.

Now you should have 3 pieces of the dew wipe, the two you cut off and the strip around the stubborn screws that you left in the car. Now center your cutting tool between the two screws and give it a good snip. If you have to bend the wipe a bit to get the cutting blade under it, its not a big deal but the less you bend it the easier it will be for the next step.

6. Break the screws loose. Depending on how well the screws are in the door, you can give the end of them a little spray with some penetrant. Just lift the edge of the plastic panel up and away from the metal door and spray a bit of penetrant above the screw. Some should land on it and if its a good penetrant (I like PB blaster) it will work its way into the threads to make your life easy.

Now you are ready for some fun. Spin each chunk of remaining dew wipe counter clockwise like a propeller untill the screw is loose. You may have to pull and prod on the dew wipe some to get the screw head to grip the felt enough to spin with it, but if not use a small screwdriver and slide it behind the wipe and push the wipe against the head of the screw. The pressure of the screw against the wipe should be enough to cause enough friction that when you spin the wipe tab it will be able to grab the screw head and spin it enough to break it loose.

If all else fails and the screw just wont budge, theres still a fix. Just rip off the dew wipe tab (the hole for the screw will deform enough to allow it to just pull of the screw head) and grip the head with a pair of channel locks. Their head is narrow enough that it will slide in between the glass and the metal door to grab the head of the screw and spin it loose, but just barely and it takes some patience to get it lined up on the head enough to keep it from slipping off.

7. Removal. Now that your screws are loose, you should be able to just unspin them the rest of the way via the propeller method, with your fingers, Rodney's nifty tool, etc. Now your old wipe is out and you're free to re-install the new ones.

Just skip putting screws in those two holes on your lovely new wipes and you'll never have to hassle with them again.... that is, until you pick up yet another Fiero

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I picked up my set of outer dew wipes from Stu at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show and finally got around to installing the passenger side wipe with jstricker's write-up with minimal problems. THESE ARE GREAT! My dad literally could not believe that these were handmade the quality is so good!
I figured I would take a few pictures of the new and old and installed to show the difference and the workmanship.

Original dew wipes:

Do you notice a difference?

All installed and looking OEM!

THANKS AGAIN STU!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Either my PM's aren't going out anymore, people aren't logging in much anymore, people aren't checking emails, or people just don't want to respond.

on 8-3 I sent several PM's out to some that were wanting Dews. Including the one above wanting the single side really bad. I've been sitting on 4 sets of outers and one set of inners since those PM's went out.

Friday I will be putting them up on here if they do not respond by then. YES I know who I sent PM's to and No you can't have theirs without this time expiring. Don't ask in advance.
I'm not trying to be rude... But I'm a very easy person to confuse, just ask ttowler and or those that went to Frazee.

Why do I say ttowler? Because I messed up his transaction really bad. We spoke through PM's I quoted a price and an email to paypal to... I told him the wrong email. I told him an email I have no way to get. But at the same time I was getting other payments in. Well when you are "Mcaanda" on here and Tom Dick and Harry all send payments on the same day... Who's is Mcaanda? (Sorry man I had to use you as an example).
So I assumed ttowler had made his payment since I got a payment just after he told me that he did. Then I used the addresses on the paypals to ship to. A month goes by and ttowler didn't see his parts. So to get to the bottom of it I had to research everything. Who did I send to and who got and who didn't then dig through shipping receipts and find I sent him a Confirmation that was meant for someone else. See where this goes from bad to really bad? Then looking way back in the 300+ PMs I have I locate the one where I told him what PayPal to send to and realized my error. It then took me 6 PM's to get all the info he needed to resolve the issue. Then I made him a nice offer since I screwed up so bad and didn't catch it. The Email doesn't exist so getting the unclaimed money back shouldn't be an issue. But I haven't heard from him at all.

So if you know ttowler please let him know to check his PM's and give me a call if he needs to.

Stu
theburner9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theburner9Send a Private Message to theburner9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
let me know when you have a set in stock and ready to ship
Thanks
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a pm asking about a full set, and never got a response. Can you let me know if you have a full set? I have a 88 GT
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mptighe, full kit as in inners and outers or just a SET? of outers?

I do have outers ready to go.

theburner I do have outers ready. Ontario shipping is $25 if less I'll issue a refund.
theburner9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theburner9Send a Private Message to theburner9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'd be interested in the full kit
NC&StL

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NC&StLSend a Private Message to NC&StLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know when you have a set of outers, and I'll be happy to pay via PayPal. Thanks.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theburner and NC&... I'll have more soon. Just ordered materials.
NC&StL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NC&StLSend a Private Message to NC&StLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
CanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CanFieroSend a Private Message to CanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
marc-alan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a pm
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Materials are coming in as I type. I have two more deliveries until full production can be made. Maybe... Just maybe this will be the last time I take a break from them for a while. I have got to stop waiting until last minute.

Pm's and posts I've seen.

BeachSteave (1KIT)
CanFiero (2SETS)
duderu (1KIT)
marc-alan (1SET)
Joseph Upson (1SET)
theburner9 (1KIT)

If I have left you out. speak up!
mptighe (1KIT)
JMergen (1KIT)
Specvgirl(1set)

2 Sets going to Oklahoma for the Red River Ruckus

That makes 12 out of 15 sets.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 08-31-2010).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*ahem* cough cough 1 kit please cough cough
JMergen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMergenSend a Private Message to JMergenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
PFF
System Bot
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also sent a PM a couple of weeks ago inquiring of your current prices for an outside window seal set and did not receive a response, let me know.
Okay I see you got it.

[This message has been edited by Joseph Upson (edited 09-01-2010).]

NC&StL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NC&StLSend a Private Message to NC&StLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent on 8/25/10 for one set of outer wipes per your PM. Guess they must be in the mail since my name's not on the list above.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those on the list and those waiting. All I'm waiting on are the special boxes to arrive. When they get here they'll be getting stuffed and prepped for shipping. I'll let you know. Once again please don't rush me with payments since They are not 100% ready to ship. and I don't want anything to get overlooked.

Stu
reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did you ever sell the single outer dew wipe you had? What side was it for? I need one for the outer right hand side. What price? Thanks
ZombiePenguin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZombiePenguinSend a Private Message to ZombiePenguinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I get a set of outers
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did sell it but I can break another set.

ZP yes you can. I'll let you know when to pay. I'll be sending out emails and PM's starting tonight. I just checked my order history with USPS about the boxes I need and they don't even show the order as being placed. Maybe I didn't log in when I ordered them or something. Just not sure. Oh well I have placed a new Large order for them and just got the confirmation email back. I wish the UPS store was still in this town I'd go get some tubes from them. Anyhow. I'm going to be going by a couple places looking for tubes or boxes. if I find some I'll get them so I can start completing orders.

Thank you all
Stu
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have all Kit's spoken for at this time.

Everything has been waiting for the dang boxes to get here.

At this time I'm opening up payments. and will be sending out Pm's.

Stu
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boxes are here! Boxes are here.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAY! PM sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock