Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (44015 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SETS OF OUTER DEW WIPES IN STOCK

A bump 6hrs after the last post. Damn must be dropping fast down the list.

By the way I have been sending out Emails and PMs as requested.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 11-28-2010).]

IP: Logged
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boxed and shipping on Monday,

Sean / WA
Joseph / FL
Timm / WI

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 11-29-2010).]

Joe Gandalf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe GandalfSend a Private Message to Joe GandalfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

I asked about the dew wipes on Nov 4. I actually need 1 each inner & outer for the drivers side - the body shop is ready & waiting to install them. I haven't heard from you (email-wise), but could you please send me the ordering info?

Thanks,
Joe
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today, they look great, thanks

-Joe
reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu would you happen to have any single outer dew wipes? I need an outer passenger dew.
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump. Received mine today too. Post office crushed the box in the middle but they bent back to shape. The craftmanship still exceeds OEM. period.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
reborn and Joe yes I can ship just one side.

I'll send you PM's

Stu
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipped today:
Joe / SC
William / WA
Lionel / AR
njcwgrl
Mary / MD
Keith / LA

Have 4 sets left Plus a Pass side (RebornGT) your pass side is waiting.

I also have 3 sets of inners plus a Pass side.

Stu
Joe Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe GandalfSend a Private Message to Joe GandalfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my dew wipes a couple of days ago; they look like a perfect fit (holding them up to the originals). Dropped them off at the body shop today, and one guy was just now working on assembling the door. Great timing - thanks, Stu!
njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2010 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received mine a couple of days ago Now do I wait until I paint the car or do I put them on now ???....

Thanks so much they look GREAT...

Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu......

I should re-do everything on my Formula....inner...outer....can you tell me how I buy them from you?... is PayPal the way to go and if so...how much?

Bill
PFF
System Bot
FuryArrow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-17-2010 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FuryArrowClick Here to visit FuryArrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to FuryArrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Stu......

I should re-do everything on my Formula....inner...outer....can you tell me how I buy them from you?... is PayPal the way to go and if so...how much?

Bill

Ditto

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am here but having to take care of some issues tomorrow. I'll send you quotes and PM's tomorrow evening once I get done with what is shutting me down right now.

In the mean time all the info is in the first post except where to pay.
I take paypal, check, money order, western union, postal money orders etc etc etc. I haven't found a form of payment I couldn't deal with.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 12-17-2010).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Holy CRAP Identity Theft Sucks. But I believe I am done with getting all new bank accounts and will be able to sell these last two sets I have. Wait time will be Two Weeks.
1987GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1987GTSend a Private Message to 1987GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu , I'm looking for a set of dew wipes inners and outers for both doors for an 1987 GT. If you are still making them ? Let me know if you are and the payment options. I have a paypal account.
Thanks Jerry
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu...I sent a pm....please have a look and some contemplation time for The Joel Project. It needs inners and outers.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Holy CRAP Identity Theft Sucks. But I believe I am done with getting all new bank accounts and will be able to sell these last two sets I have. Wait time will be Two Weeks.

someone stole your identity?... sux dude. Mebbe you'd be interested in relating the ordeal at a monthly meeting? Maybe someone can benefit from things that you have learned. later amigo!
dtack2012

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dtack2012Send a Private Message to dtack2012Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to buy one!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok everyone I have two sets ready to ship at this time. I have sent PM's to those I know are interested with no reply.
GALL 757 you also have a PM waiting. I should have rivets in to finish the other 12 sets this weekend.
Inner Dews are sold out at this time. They can be made on an as needed basis but will cause a some delay.
Stu

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 01-19-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I would like to mention that Stu has supplied wipes for The Joel Project!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Stu!
88GTV-8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTV-8Send a Private Message to 88GTV-8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Stu, I am needing a set of outers. What is the time frame buddy?

PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time frame.... As soon as you want them. They're ready.
88GTV-8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTV-8Send a Private Message to 88GTV-8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, sent you a PM
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up to 5 sets now in stock. Will be taking some to the NTFC meet in the morning.

Stu
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of tire kicking, but no takers.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow. I just thought a set of dews that was taking a long time to get to it's destination was misplaced and would be found soon. NOPE far from it.
The package sent was a triangular tube 38 inches long and 6 inches tall.
I guess they finally found it as damaged and returned it to sender... Here's what I got.

Seems they tore off the front of the box and kept what was inside. I guess this keeps them from showing me how bad they really were. Guess I get to spend time talking to them about it now. What makes this worse is I've looked into the envelope the best I could WITHOUT OPENING IT and don't see anything that would indicate any form of tracking for the claim. So even if I asked for my stuff back they couldn't. So I'm leaning towards considering it theft.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Stu,

I'll be ordering from you soon. I discovered your thread today - I wish I found it before I bought them from FS about a year and a half ago, the guy who did the install of them said that some of the wipes "looked fine" so he didn't replace them, I don't know if that was true or he was just being lazy, but since my passanger window has acted a bit funny ever since then, I gotta have it popped apart anyway to make sure everything is kosher, figured it'd be a good time for an upgrade.

I'm sorry if I missed it in the thread, for a novice, how long should it take for a typical installation of inner and outter wipes on both doors?

Thanks!
SuperFieroPFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperFieroPFISend a Private Message to SuperFieroPFIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, I need inner and outer for both sides. I have paypal ready.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inners don't add any time at all if you're doing the outers the Jstrickland way by going at it from the inside of the door. Average novice time can be any where from an hour to an hour and a half per door. Just Be damn sure to mark your bolt locations, if the window is working correctly. What's your window doing funny?

Everyone... I don't have inners in stock. I can go pick them up on an as needed basis. I don't always carry them since they don't even pay for time spent making them. To be honest I may not be able to make dews after this batch. I have been sitting on a NET30 bill for over 40 days now. When people order outer dews from me I have to first locate them then go purchase them and try to negotiate a discount to even break even on them. I get them from dealerships. Are they exact matches... NOPE do they do exactly what they should yep and they fit TIGHT in the OE location. Someone making their own inner door panels don't have to worry about using the factory clamp strip if they don't wish to do so. If you don't remove these slowly you can easily break them because of how tight they grab the lip in the door. If that turns you off TFS makes some too. Are their's exact matches.... I don't know. Are they GM? Doubt it... Mine are.
araujop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for araujopClick Here to visit araujop's HomePageSend a Private Message to araujopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have a pm.
1skeets

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1skeetsSend a Private Message to 1skeetsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SETS OF OUTER DEW WIPES IN STOCK [IMG]http://www.diyfiero.com/dropspot/wipes.
gif[/IMG]I'm selling sets of hand made inner and outer dew wipes.

OUTER DEW WIPES
I installed my trial pair (first set made) on my personal 87GT. They fit great. These are made using the correct rivets so nothing protrudes from either side. I can only make these as I have time so they are first come first serve. All steel parts are laser cut and CNC Bent. They are built as close to factory spec and appearance as possible with materials available at this time. Research never stops on looking for the exact materials needed to make the OEM PRODUCED STYLE MADE 20+ years ago.

Price is $100 per pair. $50 Each

I can offer single sides if needed

INNER DEW WIPES

I also make inner dew wipes as well. These are made by using another GM Part to start with. They hold on a lot tighter to the seam on the door and do not require the hold down bracket for those using different door panels. They look and function GREAT.

Price is $80 a pair. $40 each.

I can also supply you with some pieces of the felt to allow you to recover your original Guides, upon request. Or you can purchase them from The Fiero Store.

Shipping is about $14 now for USA shipments. I have no problems shipping to any other country, but I will have to look up the price to ship.

Most orders are shipped with Insurance.
I have seen others take payment up front and have problems during the process and then get bashed for it so I will not do that.

FORUM REVIEW

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072583.html

FEEDBACK
"Mine just arrived. they came very well packaged in the triangular box and nicely wrapped with bubble plastic. the first thing i noticed was how thick and fluffy the widow guide thing looked in comparison to those that are in my car. It'll be nice to have something soft guiding the window instead of the flattened "window scratcher" thats in there now.
overall the workmanship is great. These look like they were made by GM or an Aftermarket company like YearOne.
this work is far better than anything i could have ever done, and likely for less money than i would have to invest to be able to do it so well.
over all i give them an 11/10.
I really have to hand it to you Stu, these are awesome parts. well made, good design, nice and simple.
Thanks a lot for the parts, and keep up the good work. "

"Your dew wipes were a hit. You should be getting a few orders from today's show. ....... (PFF User) was very impressed, and said they are better than the Fiero Store dew wipes."

"I think they look factory to me. other than slight color varations never seen once in the car. I'm a 100% happy."

"I just received my set...Thank you they look amazing!!"

"I am very pleased with the dew wipes I got from you. If you choose to continue to make these I would encourage anyone to buy these from you. They really are a nice product."

"Got my 2 sets yesterday!! Beautiful workmanship, and worth every penny!!
If every vendor/seller/buyer worked like Stu, there would be no need for a good/bad list. "

"Stu, got 'em last week and installed them yesterday, AWESOME PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"mine showed up....they look great...very well manufactured, high quality...cant wait to install them along with my new windows...thanks again.."

"Stu thanks for a well made product ,install them last week and fit perfect thank you."

"I really appreciate what TFS does for our cars, and the support they go to for our shows...
And I know that their wipes are better than cracked dried old ones...
But you guys are missing out on fantastic quality with the STU-wipes.
the man almost has them down to a work of art."

"I love my DIY-STU wipes as well. They are amazing, and look great!!"

------------------
keith neumann

PFF
System Bot
SuperFieroPFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperFieroPFISend a Private Message to SuperFieroPFIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, payment sent for inner and outer sets (driver and pass.)

Chris
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Forgive me if this has already been discussed at some point in this long multi-page thread, but do the outer dew wipes fit the 84's without any kind of alteration? The reason I ask is that the '84 doors are a little bit different than the later years, and I wanted to know if this affected the fitment of these replacement dew wipes. Thanks.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The outer skin is located a little further out on the 84's the dews I sell are not able to reach that distance. From my understanding not all 84's were that way.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The outer skin is located a little further out on the 84's the dews I sell are not able to reach that distance. From my understanding not all 84's were that way.

Interesting.

I was wondering about your dew wipes fitting (or not fitting) my '84 as well as a friend's Indy. Doesn't look too promising.

Thanks for the response, Stu.
motohd50

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motohd50Send a Private Message to motohd50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
STU, PM was sent
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,
Any update on the trunk seals?
Thanks!
bb
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bruce I hope you have me confused with Infinitwill

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/048607-18.html

I haven't kept track of his trunk seal adventure, but it looks like he's got it great now!!! When you see quality... You recognize it. Good Job Will!!!
1skeets

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1skeetsSend a Private Message to 1skeetsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does any body have outer dew wipes for 86gt ?
1skeets

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1skeetsSend a Private Message to 1skeetsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1skeets

4 posts
Member since Feb 2011
stu, I need one set of outer dew wipes & two passenger side outer wipes for 86gts can you help? if so how do I order? and pay? thanks skeets
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock