Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 23)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (44015 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
commodore_dude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commodore_dudeSend a Private Message to commodore_dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Looking forward to being able to order a set.
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about the troubles. Glad you are still going to keep doing the window seals. It seems that as of lately that we are loosing a lot of people to troubled times. I would like to order two complete sets when you are back in production.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I do say picking up a lot of votes lately.. most must be red... Oh well I guess. surprised that I don't have more. But I will say to anyone who has ordered from me and is waiting or had to wait... FEEL FREE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK STATING THAT SHIPPING AND COMS WAS SLOW OR BAD! I mean it. I definitely deserved it and do not ask for any favors on that. I don't deserve half of what this forum has given me, so feel free to say so. I don't ask for pity, support or anything. If you give support it is so greatly appreciated and shows YOUR true colors because we all know mine are tarnished to say the least.

OK About orders and waiting lists. ALL PM's have been cleared. PLEASE DON'T Send any unless they are just talking to me in private. At this time there is NO LIST. WILL NOT BE A LIST UNTIL I GET A COUNT ON HOW MANY I WILL HAVE. I am doing this because I don't want anyone WAITING on me for an undetermined amount of time. But soon I will have the bench built... Likely this week. Taking a lil from xmas to get it done, but that's fine.. Santa has been taken care of. Daddy gifts are few, but my lil girl understands that times are tight and we are hoping Santa pull through... cough cough. he has.

So merry Christmas to all.
I am on my way up, but it's a long ways I can see for sure.
Thanks everyone for their support and thanks everyone for their criticism and flames or what ever you call it.
I needed to read every bit of it no matter.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! As like everyone else when you are ready to go again, I'll take a full set (in and outs) as well. Happy Holidays.

------------------
Slyboy

jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for outers when you get going again.
Happy Holidays
Jim

------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Well I do say picking up a lot of votes lately.. most must be red... Oh well I guess. surprised that I don't have more.

i don't think that you'll be getting a lot of reds....just maybe better communication with those that have paid and were/are waiting is all. The rest of us waiting / hoping to get in line have no reason to "neg" you. Just happy to hear you're on the road to recovery. And as always, your health and well being are first....and second...and third....and... peace man, have a good holliday.
edit for fat fingers and to give you a +

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 12-22-2012).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2012 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Xmas went over quite well. Burned through a ton of fuel and still going with the miles. Next to teach a 55 yr old how to operate a computer... This is going to be interesting.
Then to clean up the house to finish getting ready to get dews going.

Stu
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu....

Glad to see things are going better for you old friend. I just wanted to say this.....It takes a real man to come forward, admit his faults, and face the music...and you did just that. You have always had my utmost respect, and you have it now more than ever. You could have made a million excuses, but instead you chose the hard road....the honest way. Very few people do that anymore. I had the privilege of meeting you at the 2010 AAFO meet in San Antonio, and you are a class act. Remember, none of us are perfect, and we've all had ups and downs throughout life. If everyone faced their problems the way you have, the world would be a better place.

Over the years, I've bought three sets of dew wipes from Stu. Always outstanding quality. I wholeheartedly recommend your products.

Dan
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu - PM sent.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2012 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dews will be ready in short order.
garyroanoke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for garyroanokeSend a Private Message to garyroanokeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELLO DIY_Stu >>

I WOULD LIKE A SET OF YOUR NICE OUTER DEW WIPES, PLEASE.

HOW DO I GO ABOUT PAYING YOU & GIVING YOU ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?

THANK YOU
garyroanoke

[This message has been edited by garyroanoke (edited 01-04-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
OldDude82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldDude82Send a Private Message to OldDude82Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, I would like 2 sets of the outer wipes please.

------------------
You're going to need a bigger boat....

katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
STU----------------- I'll be needing a set very soon! So glad you are back! I refuse to build another Fiero without Stu's Dews.......!

Pat
gtoformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something nice happened this past weekend. There isn't much attention paid to "nice" things, so I thought that I'd add to this thread about what happened. If you know DIY_Stu you will also know that he had a less than ideal year in 2012 (documented in previous posts to this thread). A combination of family, health and various other matters overwhelmed him and he was unable to dedicate much time to his dew wipe venture. Understanding Stu's predicament, two members of this forum ( infinitewill and JohnWPB) flew to the Dallas area Friday to help out a fellow forum member. They flew in Friday and didn't leave until Sunday. Several members of the N. Texas Fiero Club also drove out to assist the two out of town travelers. We spent most of the day Saturday helping Stu to get a head start on his next batch of dew wipes by processing a few of the various steps he uses to produce his highly desirable dew wipes (testimonials throughout this thread). JohnWPB and infinitewill built two workbenches that Stu had designed so that he can begin working on the dew wipes inside his house. He has been building these in his garage, but it gets hot in Texas (I have seen 115*F) and it also gets cold (I have seen -20*F here). Not too many days of comfortable weather to produce the dew wipes for us in his garage.
I had a really good time swapping Fiero stories and working with the group and came away with the following impressions:
- there are really good people out there.
- Fieros will be around for a long time with the dedication of loyal owners.
- Stu makes an excellent product, but most people probably don't know what he has invested in his dew wipe business (including me before this weekend).
A few points to support the last comment.
- Stu didn't begin building dew wipes to create a business. Like most, if not all, of us he needed wipes for one of his cars so he created his own. After coming up with a successful design he decided to share his development with other club members.
- All the materials that he uses to produce the wipes are sourced from a number of suppliers. He could probably use fewer suppliers or manufacture some of the items himself, but the combination that he has perfected is the best that he can find ... and he won't use anything less than the best.
- There are many, many different elements to the construction of the wipes. He has assembled a variety of tools to make the wipes ... and he has specific way of using each one.
- Regarding the tools ... he has significant investment is these. Some need to be replaced periodically due to wear.

IMO, and in closing, Stu's dew wipe business is more of a service to club members to support our hobby than it is to make money. I won't divulge what I know about his cost structure, but profit from these transactions is minimal given the materials, investment and time required to create his product. Stu is a valuable contributing member of our hobby and this forum. We should continue to support him by purchasing and recommending his product as long as he is willing to continue building his "Stu's dews".
bk2futr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bk2futrSend a Private Message to bk2futrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi DIY Stu
I would like ot order a set of outer Dew Wipes please..
Let me know the process of paying you and the wait times...
Thanks
Larry
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a set in my Indy. They are starting to crack.
jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu
I'll take a pair of outers when you start shipping them.

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK 12 set avail. PM me and I'll get the list and boxes going.

HOWEVER! I DO NOT HAVE INNERS AT THIS TIME AND WILL NOT TAKE PRE PAYMENT FOR THEM. Let me know if you also want inners and I will make a list for that.

Stu
John Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
put me down for a set. pm sent.
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent for outers and inners when you have them
gtoformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Please add me to your list for a pair of inners!
PFF
System Bot
CocoFiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Stu,

So glad to see you are back in business and orders coming in. Do you still have me on your list? (just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgotten)

Thanks, Pat

------------------
'84 Indy Fiero #205

partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,
PM sent, just need one for the RH side.
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stu i have a set of your outers but could use some inners now how much do they cost?
thanks
commodore_dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commodore_dudeSend a Private Message to commodore_dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
garyroanoke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for garyroanokeSend a Private Message to garyroanokeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DEAR STU-

I HOPE THINGS ARE WELL WITH YOU.

I just wanted to remind you that I posted a request to you for a set of outer wipes on January 2nd:

“I WOULD LIKE A SET OF YOUR NICE OUTER DEW WIPES, PLEASE.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT PAYING YOU & GIVING YOU ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?

THANK YOU
garyroanoke”
kriswinner

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,

Put me on the list for inners and outers.
PM me when you'd like me to send payment.

Picked up another Fiero and those old dews gotta go!

Thanks.

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
garyroanoke I sent you a PM on the 16th as well and do not know if you have gotten it. If you wish you can also EMAIL Me at diystu (at) G mail (DOT) com

garyroanoke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for garyroanokeSend a Private Message to garyroanokeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DEAR STU-

I SENT YOU THE PAYMENT (VIA PAYPAL) FOR THE DEW WIPES I ORDERED FOR MY '88 FIERO-GT. I ALSO SENT AN EMAIL TO YOU COVERING THE SAME TOPIC. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

SINCERELY,
GARYROANOKE
John Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Stu,
I found your invoice in my spam folder. I have paid by Paypal. Sorry I didn't see it sooner.
Thanks,
John
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Busy week, just got off work late again. Too many school shooting and too many private schools and banks freaking out. Hit my shipping dept. Later tonight or early A.M. you will all receive an email stating what is going on.

Please if you want to get a refund, or file a Paypal claim? Air it here. I don't mind. However if you wish to contact me please do. you all have my # and all can text (fast response) Call and leave a voicemail I will respond if I can and it's a decent hour. Or email... the paypal email is my phone's email so I get them fairly quick about 30 min to 2 hrs depends on if phone gets "woke"

Sure my shipping speed sucks. And I'll take being called out. But disputes take time and I'd Rather refund the $ than jack with paypal. So air it here

Covey... Paypal takes a while my friend on their releasing the funds once it's over so I'll see if I can speed it up.
To everyone else. I guess the world is a new place. I guess I fell down too hard and dissapointed too many. Forgive me or not I will go on. Just may not make dews anymore. We'll see.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 01-24-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
rivebug86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rivebug86Send a Private Message to rivebug86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All shipped except one set. didn't get Address, looking to get that set shipped today.
jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu
You have a PM
Jim

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK Shipments

Due to USERNAMES vs EMAIL ADDRESSES Not all Matching up I'm going to post this info in this manner. If you want to track your package hit me up.
ZIP CODE + Tracking

24014 : 03110820000201091639

67207 : 03110820000201091646

30022 : 03110820000201091653

33976 : 03110820000201091660

14568 : 03110820000201091684

37210 : 03110820000201091677

30107 : 03110820000201091691

ALL PACKAGES SHOW AN ETA of 01/28/13

DIYSTU

2 SETS LEFT
John Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Stu,
Were you able to get mine shipped?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tried to get a pickup since I knew I didn't have a chance at getting to an open P.O. today. By 3pm my mail was delivered and they didn't pick it up. Then again the P.O. delivery person doesn't like me. I'm the only person with a box on house instead at street. and every time she sends me a notice of mail to be held for non compliance I take it to the Post Master and pull the Grandfathered Clause.

At this time I don't know of any "Special Projects" at work unlike last week that will cause me from being able to get to an open P.O. after work. Last week, I was lucky to get out by 8pm if not 10pm.
I do security systems as a Day job and Been on Banks last week. Seeing 4 Million in cash was cool... THEN SAD!!!

I'll let you know MONDAY. after 6pm CST. P.O. in area of work closes at that time.. I walked in with all the above boxes at 5:45pm and you should have seen the retail clerks face, IT WAS CLASSIC!!!

Stu
da.slyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my outer wipes today. They look fantastic!! Though I'm still rather new to this forum and to the Fiero world, I must appreciate the craftsmanship and service that DIY_Stu provides for these little two-seaters. Thanks again and best wishes on your continued service.

------------------
Slyboy

UK86GT4.9

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UK86GT4.9Send a Private Message to UK86GT4.9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD OUT

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 01-29-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock