Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (43991 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
shinesley

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shinesleySend a Private Message to shinesleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!

------------------
~Stan
http://www.StanHinesleyPickups.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No, it's not an MR2!!!"

IP: Logged
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have replied to a couple PM's, but I have had a death in the family so I'll be away for a few days.
Slugo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlugoSend a Private Message to SlugoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu do you still make the dew wipes?
kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that Stu, its never easy. I wish you nothing but the best.

I'm wondering about a set of outers if ya don't mind. Take your time in responding, I am in no hurry of any kind.

------------------
86 2.8 gt

shinesley

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shinesleySend a Private Message to shinesleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences Stu. No hurry, please reply to my PM whenever is convenient to you.

------------------
~Stan
http://www.StanHinesleyPickups.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No, it's not an MR2!!!"

SuperFieroPFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperFieroPFISend a Private Message to SuperFieroPFIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, my condolences to you and your family...I hope things get lighter on the inside. Take care and thanks much for the inner and outer that came in today. I will send you photos or post it here of the installed parts once I get my car back from the shop. Thanks.
Chris

Note: nothing wrong with the dews, just the box on the center has a hand hole size... looks like they've tried to feel for whats inside.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a picture of the box. I'm about to laminate the boxes with all of the damage pictures I've got. There's a lot of things to be sick and tired of and at this time I'm not going into it, because I won't stop on it and may lose quite a few friends over it.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 02-14-2011).]

SuperFieroPFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperFieroPFISend a Private Message to SuperFieroPFIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok will do. thanks
vitog44

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,
I sent you a PM about a set of outer and inner dew wipes. No rush, but I'll take them whenever they are ready. Do you take PayPal?
thanks
VG
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm bumping Stu to the top here

Yes, he still makes Dew Wipes and he takes PayPal. Looks like he will be off a few days for a death in the family, and I'm sure he will be getting back to everybody when he can. Until then we can all complain about the original dew wipes.... like mine have about a dozen cracks in them and they act like sheet metal....what was GM thinking?
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's not forget that the car is almost a quarter of a century old.
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vitog44:

Let's not forget that the car is almost a quarter of a century old.

Exactly. i am still around 50% i can post, but i'm disconnected from emails. And i don't check my pm's since getting in there is a pain plus i like to print pm's when they are dew wipe related. Can't do all of that on my phone. So i'm at work during the day and with my mom at night. I will be coming home friday after work and will get what's ordered shipped saturday morning. I do know that i have one pending from tx and one that just paid for my last instock full kit. I can tell this due to the amounts in my paypal balance. So i'll be getting back at it come friday, hope you all understand. Oh and yes there's a ton of pm's waiting on me.
Stu
Silverdosica

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilverdosicaSend a Private Message to SilverdosicaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i know your busy stu but i sent you a pm about a complete set of inner and outer ones
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow take some time off and now I need to sort through PM's and inquiries on here. At this time Boxed and being shipped tomorrow if the P.O. is open (presidents day).

K. Dehning (Outers)
B. Gallmeyer (kit)
B. Guetzkow (kit)
A. Wilson (outers)

And now to start sorting through Pm's and such... As well as place orders for more materials, since these are running out fast.

And just so you know I only have 6 sets left so if you Delay or don't reply after getting your quotes they go to the next in line. PMs will go out in order.. I hope.
Stu
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Stu..

I think the PO is closed....make it Tuesday!
1skeets

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1skeetsSend a Private Message to 1skeetsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stu, can I buy one right side outer dew wipe? invoiced to pay pal?

------------------
keith neumann

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM's sent to Skiits, shinesley, mmeyer, vito, 355Fiero, Silverdosica...

This is all I have Dews to cover. More supplies ORDERED.

Stu
Silverdosica

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilverdosicaSend a Private Message to SilverdosicaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have a pm stu
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wrote a small write up on tab replacement for Gall so I figured it was good enough to post out loud.
----------------------------------------

Jstrickland did the best "No special tools required" write up I'll see if I can find it. I will also do my best to tell you how to get the inner guide tabs out for recovering. The best adhesive to use for attaching the new felt material is Ultra Black RTV from any autoparts store. This takes a little while to cure but stays nice and soft during it's life.
Once the inner door panel and inner dew is removed there's two bolts facing down in the top of the door. These bolts hold the inner guides in place. If you have tint please use some masking tape to protect your tint near these bolt locations. With the window rolled down Start 1" above the top of the door metal then roll the window up a little then tape downward approx 4 inches. The tab will touch the glass during removal so protect your stuff. Gather a 10mm nut driver or socket wrench AND (((Small pick, Small screwdriver, long nail, Thin needle nose pliers, angled thin needle nose pliers etc))) Hemostats are my favorite.

Now unbolt the Front guide, don't worry it won't fall out... We could only wish it would. Once unbolted use your THIN item through the bolt slot and into the bolt hole in the tab. NOW you will have to touch the felt part, lift it up and push it into the door channel. Once inside turn the felt to face the rear of the door. Now flip it over inside the door, There's a slot in the door where the tab was sticking out, I find it easiest to use a finger through this slot and the THIN tool through the bolt slot to help control the tab. DON'T WORRY IT CAN'T GET STUCK OR LOST IN THE CHANNEL. Once it's flipped where the felt is now facing up you will guide the tab's back end to the opening towards the glass. There's a small pin on the back of the tab that makes a great handle to grab. Slowly work the tab up and out through the opening and now it's out. To get it back in.... Reverse the steps. It's a challenge for sure and GM will tell you to drill out the rivets that hold the glass in place to do all of the dew wipe replacement steps... But if you like your windows.... DON'T.

Here's the link to the greatest write up on the subject.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/070656.html

When you get to the part that shows the screwdriver under the glass there's a little clearing up to do. He mentions sliding the glass back. What he means is you have to pull the window towards the back of the door. it will slide on the regulator channel. This is the whole reason for taking off the rear track. I have found that it works best if you slide it back until it touches the metal of the door then Roll it UP more, Slide back more again then Roll up again and Slide back the last time. 3X total. This will get the window to the absolute highest and furthest back location. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A #2 PHILLIPS SCREW DRIVER WITH A SMOOTH SHAFT..... GO GET ONE!!! Square shafts and those 1/4 swappable bit screwdrivers are WAY TOO BIG.

Estimate at least 2 hours on your first door to just replace the outer dew alone. anything else adds time. The guides really add time since they take time to dry.

---------------------------------------------
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget to place me on your list for a full set.
Silverdosica

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilverdosicaSend a Private Message to SilverdosicaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stu you have a pm
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
U have a pm via me!
pcar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcarSend a Private Message to pcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Eric
EmilioD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am new at the Forum and lerning the navigating, so please forgive me for any mistakes.
Stu, what is the price per set and how will I be able to place an order (both doors in and out)

Thanks

EmilioD

------------------
Emilio

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DIY-stu...PM sent.

Steve
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu

You have a pm.

Dave
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EmilioD:

Stu, what is the price per set... ?

You can find the prices in Stu's first post Here.

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can somebody shoot me Stu's paypal addy through a pm?

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why? I don't like taking money for items I can't ship right out.
If I have your money and something happens to me... how do you get your money back?

I do that to protect us all.
I have your name on the list and when I have the parts for your request you will then get my email.
I am one of the most forgetful people you'll ever meet I always have to ask myself who has and who doesn't. I took preorders for 15 sets. Made 15 sets. Shipped 15 sets and someone didn't get a set. I printed one persons order off twice. Trust me my way is working. Don't change it.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem.
Mr.Goodwrench

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.GoodwrenchClick Here to visit Mr.Goodwrench's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.GoodwrenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm ready for some! Pm sent
PFF
System Bot
CoconutFilipino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutFilipinoSend a Private Message to CoconutFilipinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, I am new to the forum,& a first time 'poster', so please forgive any missed etiquette or manners as it is merely my ignorance. I have started the build on a 1987 GT,& need to purchase both inner and outers for both doors. My initial questions are: 1- are they still being made or available? If so: 2-may I put my name on the list for them. I can pay as soon as I am contacted either visa, or Paypal.

Also,3- I have read many of the threads on replacement sail windows, can anyone give advice or direction on where I should begin my search. It seems that replacing these teardrop shaped windows are harder than I thought when I first acquired the car, but like most of you..am lovestricken for my fiero,& would like to replace them with quality.-but like most of you, I am ALSO on a budget. I am willing to look as high as $4 or $500 for a set, but I want to make sure they are quality,& fit/look appropriate. So PLEASE, any advice on where or WHO to start with would be appreciated.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting started on the next batch Today. Should be ready to start selling them by the weekend.

Current List:
DareDevil Kit
Kellisor Outers
MeByte Outers
pcar Kit
klomeomy Kit
86soon3.4 Outer
Mr.Goodwrench ???
CoconutFilipino Kit
Silverdosica

If I missed you speak up.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 03-14-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Stu the dew wipes just arrived they loook great! thanks +1 for you!!
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, You have a pm.
Just put check in the mail for a full set of inners and outers.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu;

PM Sent.

Thanks
Don
Silverdosica

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilverdosicaSend a Private Message to SilverdosicaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
missed me about 3 times stu
adam
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added you.

Damn I need pain killers. Hired a friend that could use the cash to lend me a hand on this batch. Thursday I was at work and felt a pop followed my numbness in my right arm. Turns out I tore up my rt. shoulder. I've been taking it easy with that arm and it began feeling better... Until I started pulling the handle on my riveter. Damn I need a pain killer. Turning them out as fast as I can. I'll be sending out Pm's tomorrow.

Stu
Silverdosica

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilverdosicaSend a Private Message to SilverdosicaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks man quit using that hand so much! i hurt my shoulder a few years back accually still bothers me it sucks

adam
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone in my list above should have a PM.

Stu
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock