Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. by exoticse
Started on: 09-28-2006 01:29 AM
Replies: 746 (77664 views)
Last post by: TRiAD on 08-11-2021 03:50 AM
slade1274

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2006 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slade1274Send a Private Message to slade1274Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroturbo:

Ok, so tell us about this one... I'm going to take a wild guess and say you took a GT wing, turned it upside-down, and did some fiberglass work... but it looks good minus the middle of it.

I'm very interested in something like this for my 88.

custom based on Dodge caravan. Halfway down.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/033676-45.html
IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2006 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroturbo:

Ok, so tell us about this one... I'm going to take a wild guess and say you took a GT wing, turned it upside-down, and did some fiberglass work... but it looks good minus the middle of it.

I'm very interested in something like this for my 88.

casted the upper section of a town and country bumper then narowed it to fit the car nose this is 100% bolt on
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/033676-44.html check out 44 and 45 to see how its made
bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did I miss this one.
Here's mine. It's a Fierowarehouse airdam molded into a bumberpad. Lotsa work but worth the effort.

------------------

[This message has been edited by bonzo (edited 10-21-2006).]

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reminds me of a BMW M1 airdam

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2006 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got my car back from the paint shop with my one off nose that I have been working on for about a year. Problem is, I don't know how to post a picture here. Can anyone help?
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2006 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be more than happy to post for you!! bhodgesusmc@yahoo.com

(that means i get to see it first!)

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

WHOA! Who makes an Esprite Nose? Where can you buy one of these? How much?

!!!
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Emc209i:

WHOA! Who makes an Esprite Nose? Where can you buy one of these? How much?

!!!

I do not know.

------------------
PROJECT 1986 GT Stormbringer

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here it is! And may I be the first to say, this looks awesome.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 10-23-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love what they did with the emblem. lol.
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like how that one blends with the lines of the hood flawlessly.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

I just got my car back from the paint shop with my one off nose that I have been working on for about a year. Problem is, I don't know how to post a picture here. Can anyone help?

I don't recall ever sending any Stage 2 side scoops to Astoria. Where is that?

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 10-24-2006).]

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you did send me a set of stage two scoops. In fact, it appears the first set went amiss, and you had to resend them. Astoria, Oregon, USA I really like them on the car. Don't sell those moulds!
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

Yes, you did send me a set of stage two scoops. In fact, it appears the first set went amiss, and you had to resend them. Astoria, Oregon, USA I really like them on the car. Don't sell those moulds!

LOL. I typed Astoria, read Astoria, and somehow my brain was saying astonia and thinking eastern Europe.
Man I need to spend more time sleeping for my brains sake.
Looks good by the way
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Here it is! And may I be the first to say, this looks awesome.

looks like an older nissan 300zx -- the long square corner nose
not a fan of the style but the quality of the work is top notch

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Thanks Tony. I was looking for that. That came from a series of Photoshops that me and another guy did a few years ago when I still thought the German noses might actually show up. I like that one, but there was another one that I did where I took out the molding around the front and put GT-stlye arrowheads on the sides that I actually liked a little better. I've still got a Formula nose laying out here in case I ever get froggy enough to create this.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-24-2006).]

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Mclaren F1 side
Mclaren F1 side 2

Bugatti Veyron side
Bugatti Veyron side 2

Ferrari F430 side
Ferrari F430 side 2

Ferrari Enzo side
Enzo Ferrari

If you look at the Ubercars, the nose isn't the main issue. The cabin is close to the front wheels, shifting the weight forward. The noses taper abruptly from the wheels. The difference between the Enzo and the F430 is extremely noticable. Please also notice the difference between the last two pics.

That is because the cabin/windshield becomes part of the Nose. Making a HELL of a Nose! This is because these cars are even lighter and go even faster.

Then again think of it as a Win (There is NO substitute for Surface Area!). Wins Most be big enough to serve their purpose.

JG
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my idea: The nose is too long and it needs to be shortened. Could someone photoshop this or this with the Pontiac arrowhead on the nose of a notchie? Leave the hood in it's stock position.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 10-26-2006).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
Here's my idea: The nose is too long and it needs to be shortened. Could someone photoshop this or this with the Pontiac arrowhead on the nose of a notchie? Leave the hood in it's stock position.

I did some Brera tryouts on this one

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ That looks awesome!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good photoshops!

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
I did some Brera tryouts

That's kinda what I was thinking of but the headlights more under the hood.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 10-26-2006).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the GTO Pontiac should have built, and this is the nose that needs to be built for a custom bodied Fiero.

Very similar to the Photoshop above.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-26-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that's worth a drive to go see!
Wasabi_J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wasabi_JSend a Private Message to Wasabi_JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

I have to disagree with that a little.. I think the size doesnt matter, but the shape does....(thats what I tell all of my girlfriends lol )
but like you also said its about aerodynamics. The long GT nose actually doesnt apply much downforce at higher speeds...neither did my short nose buildup untill I added the windsplitter. Feels this front sticks better to the road than the original setup. Getting the air out of the high pressure areas behind the nose is maybe even more important..a hoodvent will work great with most setups

My goal was to archieve a more "midengined" overall look...a long front bonnet may suggest theres enough room for an engine. Simply said I tried to give the back more body, and the front less body...

I think it does both quite nicely make the front look GOOD and stubby, and the back look more meaty. I think it looks nice. Can we see what the front looks like, though?

Personally, I think those long round noses look ridiculous. It's a short lil' Fiero, not a NASCAR. Long noses ARE nice, but only done well. A lot of those cars others mention (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini) all are desinged by teams of artists and engineers to come up with the best design and the ones most pleasing to the eye. Not the same can be said about many home builds, which is why they seem to divide the crowd. I don't want to say I don't like anyone's in particular (and pls don't categorixe me as one of the guys who bust up threads with "DAT LUKS LIEK BUTT LOL") but I don't like the fronts that most are considering hot.

Besides, it's not about just a nosejob... you gotta have the whole body package to make it look nice.

PS I apologize for all typos. I'm not feeling well this morning.

[This message has been edited by Wasabi_J (edited 11-17-2006).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Very nice!
Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

This is the GTO Pontiac should have built, and this is the nose that needs to be built for a custom bodied Fiero.

Very similar to the Photoshop above.

I think i just threw up in the back of my throat a little bit.

------------------
1986 GT, LT1/4T60E. In the middle of cam/port, new interior, paint and waiting on new wheels. Itll blow you away!!
http://hometown.aol.com/ptfiero/index.html
build
http://dtcc.cz28.com/Customer/LT1Fiero/index.htm

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr. Pat:
I think i just threw up in the back of my throat a little bit.

In case you need help going all the way...

------------------
Great Fiero & PFF Apparel and Accessories...

PFF
System Bot
NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a sketch of one of my projects I may revive..
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wasabi_J:
I think it does both quite nicely make the front look GOOD and stubby, and the back look more meaty. I think it looks nice. Can we see what the front looks like, though?

Thanks, heres one of the front

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Fie ro

I did a search to try and find out what front bumper you used to make your honda/fiero hyrbid.

I couldn't find anything, what model honda did you use?.. if you don't mind revealing it that is...

------------------

87GT
Massachusetts
ignorantprodigy@aol.com

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

In case you need help going all the way...

I hate you.

------------------
1986 GT, LT1/4T60E. In the middle of cam/port, new interior, paint and waiting on new wheels. Itll blow you away!!
http://hometown.aol.com/ptfiero/index.html
build
http://dtcc.cz28.com/Customer/LT1Fiero/index.htm

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

hey Fie ro

I did a search to try and find out what front bumper you used to make your honda/fiero hyrbid.

I couldn't find anything, what model honda did you use?.. if you don't mind revealing it that is...

It is a modified Civic/Accord bumper, i think from 96-00.
Btw I didnt want to build a honda/fiero hybrid, its just that some honda parts had the right shape

fourpoint9 used the same bumper with a different approach

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After seeing FieRo's bumper, I wanted to make one that kept the round moulding.
I bought mine new off ebay It's a 92-95 HONDA CIVIC FRONT BUMPER COVER
Here's a similar ad for one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-FRONT-BUMPER-COVER-93-94-CP-HATCH_W0QQitemZ330049055965QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33640QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
US $10.91
Shipping costs:
US $89.90
Go to a body shop and see what they're throwing out.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 11-18-2006).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a web sight for this bumper cover or is it custome (one only)?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is just a photoshop by me, based of yellowstons car,
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock