Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. by exoticse
Started on: 09-28-2006 01:29 AM
Replies: 746 (77664 views)
Last post by: TRiAD on 08-11-2021 03:50 AM
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I'd post a before and after of my notchback nose job. Was posted early in this thread, but the red X got it.

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

very cool !!

Nice job. Any build thread pics we may see ?
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No really organized build pictures nor did I do a thread. They are scattered all over about 4 years of saved pics, so it would be real pain to put together at this late stage. It has a 350 sbc I installed with an Archie kit. I have to pull the motor, because with only 2500 miles on the rebuild it looks like I have a flat cam lobe. Not looking forward to pulling it back out.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

No really organized build pictures nor did I do a thread. They are scattered all over about 4 years of saved pics, so it would be real pain to put together at this late stage. It has a 350 sbc I installed with an Archie kit. I have to pull the motor, because with only 2500 miles on the rebuild it looks like I have a flat cam lobe. Not looking forward to pulling it back out.

Was it a nose you built from scratch or did you start with another fiberglass nose that you crafted into this one ?
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats hot bjc... notchies are my fave, but i dont like how rounded the nose is...yours is awesome tho xD
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The nose is a one off that I formed with foam and then fiberglassed over it. I am no expert, so over the last 3 or so years it has developed a few bubbles in the glass. They occured along the passenger side in the area of the concave area that flows around the side. I believe I must have sanded the glass too thin in that area. The foam is still behind the glass, but I did glass the backside wherever I could get to it. It is actually staying together well, considering I am novice at fiberglassing and stretched some of the rules of fiberglass 101. I did the aero skirts the same way, though they were not nearly as complicated or time consuming.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when time and money allows, i had hoped to give it a shot at making a 100% custom body kit, to MY specific tastes. but as some know, i might be getting a Formula....and i think they look great stock (white ones), and id feel bad killing the stock body on one, so id leave it for a while. if i keep my 87 notchie, i will eventually build my own body kit if i dont suck at glassing lol

i cant tell your craftmanship from the pics, but your design work at the very least is great
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

Thought I'd post a before and after of my notchback nose job. Was posted early in this thread, but the red X got it.

Can we see more pics please. Please post a show off thread
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have this one somewhat mounted on the car now.
Thanks for looking.
Gary
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New nose in the works for Madcurl's choptop #15

The planning and construction:

More to come,.....
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will post it here too just to see if there are any others who like the idea or not?

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I will post it here too just to see if there are any others who like the idea or not?

you're alive! looks good needs osme tweeking imo, lower and longer...giggity..
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like someone to photoshop the nose of a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 onto a Fiero. I think it would look great, and provide airflow to the stock radiator.
jsketcham

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsketchamSend a Private Message to jsketchamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a question but, what are you people using to blend / piece together the noses? like if you have a factory urethane nose and you splice another piece to it? wont fiberglass just crack off and fall apart? or are you making a fiberglass mold over the urethane bumper and then adding more to it?

On a side note Fie Ro , I think your nose is the best i've seen. I love the boxy look of it and wish it was being made here for sale.. Never been a fan of long noses on a short car...

Mine is a GT with a aero nose but i hate it. I don't want a ferari 355 nose. would be nice to see a boxy nose with like Grand Prix headlights setup up in them in a nice fashion. the small square quad lights.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

More to come,.....

Yes finally someone with the balls to deface a perfectly good GT bumper i will be watching.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Yes finally someone with the balls to deface a perfectly good GT bumper i will be watching.

Don't worry. That looks to be one of the new fiberglass remakes so it wasn't an OE bumper that got cut. There's a few vendors that sell new fiberglass aero front fascias since they're so popular.
patrick87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for patrick87Click Here to visit patrick87's HomePageSend a Private Message to patrick87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Acura integra front bumper maybe.. Maybe with minor mods it would fit on a fiero.

now the fiero

see the similarities in the front bumpers?
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More to come,.....

Any updates..??
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exo, any updates??

And can anyone post any pics of munson style #1, and #2 front bumpers?
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are a lot of really great mods here. Some I really like and would be happy to own but I just have to wonder why the stock aero nose isn't good enough. It is my favorite part of the car.
PFF
System Bot
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

There are a lot of really great mods here. Some I really like and would be happy to own but I just have to wonder why the stock aero nose isn't good enough. It is my favorite part of the car.

I don't think it's necissarily "not good enough", it could just be improved on for some people. It's a matter of preference. Personally, I think it's just alright. I want to make/buy a new nose for mine to give it a more modern look
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HausFiero:

Exo, any updates??

And can anyone post any pics of munson style #1, and #2 front bumpers?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-06-2010).]

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looks very modernized. I like it. What all had to be done, or is there a build thread?

EDIT: before anyone tells me that it uses a rear bumper with it, I realize that, that's not what I'm asking.

[This message has been edited by HausFiero (edited 07-06-2010).]

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great thread with great ideas
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "big-mouth bass" look on my front end is starting to get a little old. Plus, I want to flush-mount the Hella headlights, and split the grille in proper Pontiac fashion. I drew up a quick sketch to get an idea what it would look like.

First, the existing front end.

Now, the concept.

Hopefully, the real thing will look a little better... LOL.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

The "big-mouth bass" look on my front end is starting to get a little old. Plus, I want to flush-mount the Hella headlights, and split the grille in proper Pontiac fashion. I drew up a quick sketch to get an idea what it would look like.

Now, the concept.

Hehe. Told you its not done.

I like the new concept. Maybe I'll finally get soem sketches up.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

Hehe. Told you its not done.

I like the new concept. Maybe I'll finally get soem sketches up.

I still like the look you have now. If you do change it go with a single or dual extractor type scoop/scoops on trunk lid; an inlet scoop/s on the front of a Fiero make the car look like you don't know where the engine really is! Besides an extractor can be functinal. Maybe that big mouth just needs a lil something -to me it's fine- like prehaps a nice lil allumium oil cooler in front of the coolant radiator? Sharp looking car.

------------------
[IMG]

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Francis T

6620 posts
Member since Oct 2003

Originally posted by Francis T:

I still like the look you have now. If you do change it go with a single or dual extractor type scoop/scoops on trunk lid; an inlet scoop/s on the front of a Fiero make the car look like you don't know where the engine really is! Besides an extractor can be functinal. Maybe that big mouth just needs a lil something -to me it's fine- like prehaps a nice lil allumium oil cooler in front of the coolant radiator? Sharp looking car.

LOL, I just saw that you did do an extractor.

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
?

Thats blacktree's nose, not mine. And did you just quote and respond to yourself? He he. Good stuff!

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 07-16-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's probably having a "senior moment".
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl's choptop #15's new nose update.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-16-2010).]

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can't wait to see it on the car

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just know that won't be the last time the light setup gets tweaked on this one..... Oh, it will be very interesting to watch this one evolve.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't photoshop, so no pic, and it doesn't remotely match the Fiero, but I'd like to cut the nose off, and adapt from an FD RX7, because of the much shorter front overhang.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't criticize guy's cars as a rule and I don't want to invite a "flame war" here...... but DAMN!!

I like how Orville's approach to "cab forward" works with the GT roofline MUCH better!

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 07-18-2010).]

Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Now, the concept.

Please tell me that you are going to sell that front end to someone else and use the $$ to buy a stock one to modify! PLEASE tell me you are not going to cut that one up!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I just know that won't be the last time the light setup gets tweaked on this one..... Oh, it will be very interesting to watch this one evolve.

Tweaking continued; grill mock-up location decided.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HausFiero:

can't wait to see it on the car

The nose is on the mock-up car.

To avoid possible collisons-I wanted the nose to remain the same OEM height, but the bottom lip was extended outward a bit.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-24-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock