Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. by exoticse
Started on: 09-28-2006 01:29 AM
Replies: 746 (77664 views)
Last post by: TRiAD on 08-11-2021 03:50 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Game, set, match !

IP: Logged
Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn that looks good!
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Game, set, match !

Man, that's looking sweet troy!

Here's one of my concepts... It's still not right though.

I'm thinking my satisfaction is going to be in a merge of troyboy's (above), and the yellow one from Norm's:

I'm airbrushing them together to see what appears from within the canvas...

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love the gallardo bumper from kingdomcustoms.com . I am diggin the 3000gt lights as well.
can anybody try n place saturn sky headlights on this pic? i photoshopped a saturn sky front facia on a choptop fiero but i dont have the pic with me. I always wanted 2 know how the headlights would look on a gallardo bumper though. boggles my mind.

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

85SEnochie, change the HL's, that bumper needs more attitude... Mitsu 3000GT might work depending on the curvature of the hood.

IMO different markers lights too.

joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont know how to post photos. so ill send a link and maybe someone can post up the photo.
but what about one of these noses?
http://www.ssip.net/upload/...ne-gtr-side-2_41.jpg
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

i love the gallardo bumper from kingdomcustoms.com . I am diggin the 3000gt lights as well.
can anybody try n place saturn sky headlights on this pic? i photoshopped a saturn sky front facia on a choptop fiero but i dont have the pic with me. I always wanted 2 know how the headlights would look on a gallardo bumper though. boggles my mind.

EDIT: They're a little off from the sides inward, but it's a quickie to get the idea...

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 12-18-2008).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008
Or how 'bout Audi R8 headlights?

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008
maybe R8 lights with two-tone paint?

[/QUOTE]
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

maybe R8 lights with two-tone paint?

[/QUOTE]

Mods getting more mods loving it glad you guys like it to. It would be sweet if the nose came that way. You guys know that it is modded right?

Try it with this pic I really like the marker lights

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Mods getting more mods loving it glad you guys like it to. It would be sweet if the nose came that way. You guys know that it is modded right?

Try it with this pic I really like the marker lights

How crazy do you want it? Remember, I'm a dreamer...

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How crazy do you want it? Remember, I'm a dreamer...

KICK A _ _ !!!!! Like to see the dreams. What program do you use mine is about ten years old? Might have to learn a new one some of that layering is beyond what my program will do.

PFF
System Bot
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshh44:

i dont know how to post photos. so ill send a link and maybe someone can post up the photo.
but what about one of these noses?
http://www.ssip.net/upload/...ne-gtr-side-2_41.jpg

Sorry, it didn't really look right with any other headlights...

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008

KICK A _ _ !!!!! Like to see the dreams. What program do you use mine is about ten years old? Might have to learn a new one some of that layering is beyond what my program will do.

I run Ubuntu Linux on all of my computers, and it has the absolute best image editor I've ever seen, IMHO. It's called GIMP. And I believe that stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program...
I do a lot of graphic design, so I've gotten pretty handy with it. It's not real intuitive to start out with, so it's better to learn by 'playing' rather than by 'setting out to learn it' if you know what I mean...

The must difficult thing to master by far is painting, as in repainting a car a different color. Obviously nothing is one solid color on a color palette because of shadows & hues, so I usually use an airbrush with really light "pressure", and do a lot of strokes. It takes time and patience, and I'm constantly changing the "pressure" and color to suit different areas, but the end result allows you to basically keep the light reflections & shadows where they are underneath your "paint" by lightly spraying over them, and heavy coating where you need to. It takes a good bit of experimenting.
For example, the Skyline GTR bumper I just did above was originally silver. I can point out things on it that you might not notice, like the lense flare/reflection just below the headlight on the left should also be on the protruding bottom lip of the skyline bumper, and there's an extrusion on the lower right of the bumper that isn't on the left. Also, the top of that protruding lip at the bottom should have more of a shimmer/shine quality because of the image's light placement (over the photographer's left shoulder), but instead, I just let the original silver shine through a bit.
Of course, I would fix those if this was an important graft-on, but it isn't, so I don't really care.
I drew all of the concepts on the page in my sig. I started with a few ideas, and fourpoint9's car (which is the reason it's roughly the same color), and just built on that.

You can try GIMP for winblows, but I'm unsure how much of the main toolset is ported over, because, well, I don't use winblows!

If you try it and need some help with it, feel free to let me know.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

tc7130

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tc7130Send a Private Message to tc7130Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is Amida's work.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The thing that i really like about this nose is that it simply takes a stock fiero nose and tweeks it to give it a totally modern look.

As far as other noses go, if are going to change the nose to something why not make it totally custom, or tweek one of the above noses to make it unique and not like a copy of something else.

Sometimes the tweeks don't have to be a complete rebuild to make it different.

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What.....? I gave her a custom nose....

ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow. Thanks Fieroboom! saturn sky headlights and gallardo bumper works for me! i know the bumper was modded but the original is good enuff for me. Unless kingdomcustoms can mod it like that -_^?
anywho, great job. Fieroboom, if your a linux guru i might need ur help installing ubuntu on my hp dv5-1183cl laptop if u dont mind.
overall, great job. love to see more great front facias on the fiero! lets get more modded pics ppl!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What.....? I gave her a custom nose....

ROFL! nice grill can I get one of those on my car please

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Originally posted by tc7130:

This is Amida's work.

Is the twin buckets PS or is the driver side a little off? Edit to say I like I like not criticizing just wondering

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 12-18-2008).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2008 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroboom, you have gone too far this time. The pic of the meth head girl always gave me the creeps. I know that some have posted about how hot she is. Eeeeeewwww! Wouldn't slide a dollar into them drawers. Now, now you have created the monster within. I actually saved that pic this time, and put it into my strange internet things folder. Hold on..........wow, had to view it again. ROFLMAO. I knew that you had computer talent, and I am completely behind you with your concept build, but this monstrosity is one of the creepiest things I had ever seen. I know that this is someones daughter, but can't help to think that a little thinning of the herd is in order. Also, if this is someones girl, sorry but you need to dip your hands into the truth jar. Whoops, I think that she left a grease spot on the ground undeneath the chassis.

------------------
Tony K

PFF
System Bot
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
v nice man

The thing that i really like about this nose is that it simply takes a stock fiero nose and tweeks it to give it a totally modern look.

As far as other noses go, if are going to change the nose to something why not make it totally custom, or tweek one of the above noses to make it unique and not like a copy of something else.

Sometimes the tweeks don't have to be a complete rebuild to make it different.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget visit our google ad sponsors
http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chrismclubm

857 posts
Member since Aug 2007

Is the twin buckets PS or is the driver side a little off? Edit to say I like I like not criticizing just wondering

I was thinking the exact same man, they are supposed to go like this ---> / \ NOT ---> \ \

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget visit our google ad sponsors
http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I totally agree with you. That is exactly what I wanted for mine. I'm doing a lot of custom stuff, but certain "Fiero" elements are not going to change, and the "look" of the front end is one of them. I love how the aero nose looks, it just needs to be lower... But now I can't just copy troy's... Gotta figger out sumpin else...
blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooh I like this front end it's menacing just like my car is going to be. Anyone have any other shots of it? Or link to the Canada Fiero group?

latest from canada.

MJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MJSend a Private Message to MJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I totally agree with you. That is exactly what I wanted for mine. I'm doing a lot of custom stuff, but certain "Fiero" elements are not going to change, and the "look" of the front end is one of them. I love how the aero nose looks, it just needs to be lower... But now I can't just copy troy's... Gotta figger out sumpin else...

Be careful what you ask for Curley, Tony and I have many Ideas to share .
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MJ:

woah... holly crap i thought that nose looked ugly till i see it on a different car that looks good...
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Be careful what you ask for Curley, Tony and I have many Ideas to share .

Heh, well, from following the threads for a long time, and only recently joining, the pecking order in my head is that you guys are the big tymers, and I'm the pip-squeak... Especially since I never see you guys checking out any of my threads... must not be important enough yet...
By all rights, I'm a noob here, so I wouldn't want to steal or otherwise copy-cat someone else's dream that they've spent much brainstorming & dollars on. I recall somewhere from a past thread that someone was accusing someone else of wanting a copy of your car... FierociousGT maybe...? I dunno, anyway, the point is that you created the exact front bumper design I wanted before I did... I guess I'll do something similar to yours, but with a lower lip, and enough other changes so that people won't say "hey, you got troyboys's bumper?!?"

But if you got unused ideas that are still similar to the original, I'm extremely interested in hearing (reading) about them... Thanks!

I'm working on a headlight design that looks stock until you turn them on, then, instead of popping up, they rotate 180o and turn into flush mounts... That way I can retain the Fiero look, but still have something that's eye-catching.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008

Originally posted by ghost187x:

wow. Thanks Fieroboom! saturn sky headlights and gallardo bumper works for me! i know the bumper was modded but the original is good enuff for me. Unless kingdomcustoms can mod it like that -_^?
anywho, great job. Fieroboom, if your a linux guru i might need ur help installing ubuntu on my hp dv5-1183cl laptop if u dont mind.
overall, great job. love to see more great front facias on the fiero! lets get more modded pics ppl!

If you got any other ideas you wanna see, let me know. I can pretty much handle any ideas and get real close to what you're after.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MJ:

WOW! may I have more pictures of that fiero please
PFF
System Bot
MJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MJSend a Private Message to MJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll see what I can do, I'm in a rush right now but I'm sure I have more pics around. Shes under the knife right now gettin a 3800 SC. I'm goin to remove the front marker lights and the fiberglass behind those screens and mount my intercooler heat exchangers in there. It should look killer when I'm done with it. Also I destroyed that splitter on some wildlife a couple months ago and have redesigned one that looks like the Porsche RS/Spyder ALMS one and have a mold half made to make the new one out of carbon fiber. That is on hold though until I'm done with the engine swap.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took off the marker lights. were you thinking of LED's I think thay look sweet?

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An idea I'm toying with:

Bob
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

An idea I'm toying with:

Bob

What's that from? Give me the originals, and I'll help you toy with it.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 12-26-2008).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an Accura RSX nose. Pic is from Ebay, the Fiero is from a proud owner here on the Forum.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 12-26-2008).]

MJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MJSend a Private Message to MJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most likely, or if not a similar thin light right where you put it or under the grills. I really havn't researched any options yet as that project is a few months away at best.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not researched it yet either. I am shure that there is something but do not know what yet. I'll look into some sizes could you measure that spot for me were I put the LED's? That will help alot and I can give a better idea with a little more reality.
Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine on my 88 t-top base coupe 4 cyl. no more

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock