Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. by exoticse
Started on: 09-28-2006 01:29 AM
Replies: 746 (77608 views)
Last post by: TRiAD on 08-11-2021 03:50 AM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bump: Please tell me that you are going to sell that front end to someone else and use the $$ to buy a stock one to modify! PLEASE tell me you are not going to cut that one up!

If you've read my build thread, you'd know how much of a disaster that PISA front end was. I had to modify the thing, just to make it fit on my car! Only about 2/3 of the original fiberglass is in there. And soon, about half of that is going bye-bye. And for good reason. Trust me.

Besides, I really don't feel like building a new front end from scratch.
IP: Logged
GBglide

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went with a shark nose design (there is a strut in the middle it's just painted black). It is meant to go well with stock GT ground effects.

[This message has been edited by GBglide (edited 07-29-2010).]

teleotti_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for teleotti_GTClick Here to visit teleotti_GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to teleotti_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's my creation...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tweaking continues:

Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i wouldn't mind a recreation of the old BMW M1. Shouldn't be hard to do......

Street version:

Track version:

------------------
Competition Yellow 84 2.5 Bone stock right down to electrical gremlins.
87 328 GTB replica.

[This message has been edited by Joe 1320 (edited 07-29-2010).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe 1320: i wouldn't mind a recreation of the old BMW M1. Shouldn't be hard to do......

That would be a neat project for a bumper-pad nose. And if you add on the Fiero Warehouse air dam, you'll have something that looks a lot like the BMW M1 race car.
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

That would be a neat project for a bumper-pad nose. And if you add on the Fiero Warehouse air dam, you'll have something that looks a lot like the BMW M1 race car.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

------------------
Competition Yellow 84 2.5 Bone stock right down to electrical gremlins.
87 328 GTB replica.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too !

It looks the PPG Fiero has some coupe/M1 blend in a way..

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh. The M1 was talked about on pages 3-4 (back in 2006). Fourpoint9 even did a photo shop...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/061898-4.html#p124

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 07-29-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case some of you aren't following Amida's Fi512 thread, here's the latest progress on the prototype.
Good work Rob!

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 07-29-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good thread. Not sure if this has been posted here. Like how it is swept back from the original position. Would like to see more...

http://fiero.cc/fiero-tdc/members/mws/FieroPix/

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MC widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Tweaking continues:

Just noticed the two Lambo replicas. Good to see you are not in Machescan't Park, IL anymore. Looking real good!
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a couple ideas....

Take the Honda civic bumper idea and flip it upside down, using the thing that's usually on the bottom fir the down, after alot if fabrication, customizing. And cuttig I think it could look like a mustang looking front bumper..

to

put headlights in the side parts of the civic bumper too, and use another bumper for the bottom part, or a custom air dam

Here's another idea....

Like ignorant prodigy's build on his bumper, He used an aero bumper for th top part and a civic bumper for the bottom.. He had to cut into the aero bumper in a way that made it look like a new camaro....

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HausFiero

353 posts
Member since Jun 2010
Add to last post.. Here's ignorant prodigy's nose

just cut it like ur meaning to make it a camaro look to it then clean it up an make it look good

here's an example of the camaro nose next to it

Btw the orange and silver fiero is fourpoint9's.. Hope u two don't mind me postin ur cars
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That isn't the Camaro nose, it's a photoshop of the 2006 Camaro concept nose.

Here's the Camaro SS's nose (the V6 cars are similar).

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same idea...
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really, but I'm not really sure what you mean anyway. The pics above the Camaros look nothing like a Camaro nose to me.
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only the one above the camaro pic, u said "pics" so I just wanted u to make sure i was only talking about the one above the pic of the camaro because appearently u didn't rly read it or u would have known. And yes the concept pic and the actual pic are the same idea.. I don't know why u r being stubborn about that, they both look similar and the main part I'm talking about it the top half of the camaro front bumper. The fiero pic that is above the pic of the camaro has a section cut out of it in the to half of the bumper that is 'similar' to the camaro's. Ignorant prodigy didn't have it in mind when he did it, I just pointed it out to him when I saw the pics, but if u intentionally ut that part out to give it the camaro front bumper style I think u could do it and make it look pretty good.

Sorry if I came off defensive, I just felt like u were disagreeing with me just to be stubborn
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HausFiero:

Here's a couple ideas....

Take the Honda civic bumper idea and flip it upside down, using the thing that's usually on the bottom fir the down, after alot if fabrication, customizing. And cuttig I think it could look like a mustang looking front bumper..

to

put headlights in the side parts of the civic bumper too, and use another bumper for the bottom part, or a custom air dam

Here's another idea....

Like ignorant prodigy's build on his bumper, He used an aero bumper for th top part and a civic bumper for the bottom.. He had to cut into the aero bumper in a way that made it look like a new camaro....

I'd buy that one!

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only the one above the camaro pic, u said "pics" so I just wanted u to make sure i was only talking about the one above the pic of the camaro because appearently u didn't rly read it or u would have known. And yes the concept pic and the actual pic are the same idea.. I don't know why u r being stubborn about that, they both look similar and the main part I'm talking about it the top half of the camaro front bumper. The fiero pic that is above the pic of the camaro has a section cut out of it in the to half of the bumper that is 'similar' to the camaro's. Ignorant prodigy didn't have it in mind when he did it, I just pointed it out to him when I saw the pics, but if u intentionally ut that part out to give it the camaro front bumper style I think u could do it and make it look pretty good.

Sorry if I came off defensive, I just felt like u were disagreeing with me just to be stubborn

Not being stubborn, sorry to come off that way. I did read your posts (well as much as I could make out of them... not to knock your written English skills if you have a good reason to be lacking), and you didn't mention that you were specifically talking about the large fissure in his fascia reminding you of the upper half of a Camaro fascia, in which case that part of the Camaro concept photoshop and the real thing do look similar.

I think I see what you're getting at now, but to express your vision better you might want to PS or have someone PS (even a rough representation) of your idea onto a Fiero. It's hard to visualize.
PFF
System Bot
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Iv got soo many ideas that I can only visualize, and sometimes try to draw. I rly do need to get PS! Lol

Sorry for the writing skills lol. I'll try to be more descriptive next time. It's so easy for me to see it in my head, I just forget ppl can't read my mind lol

Ohh and think about my idea for the camaro style front bumper on a fiero with the IMSA rear fastback widebody, and a fender flare/lip on the front fenders (not the IMSA front fenders on). Pretty cool concept, huh?

For the mustang style front bumper idea idea go with fender flares on the back fenders, and fender lips on the front fenders, and side scoops with the tapered ground effect lines front fiero fiberglass

Ex.

[This message has been edited by HausFiero (edited 08-11-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Latest from V-8 Archie.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#015 continued Madness

A generous 3" fat lip, various tweaks w/o the "fluff" of a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Life is too short, so please make use of your brain when tweaking.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-27-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl's

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-03-2010).]

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a new one from Mexico.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
I found it on FIEROLOCO's Cardomain site (his is the silver one).

Looks like they have an active Fiero group going. Viva Fiero http://www.cardomain.com/ri...-fiero-mexico-mx?p=2

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 11-06-2010).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Add to last post.. Here's ignorant prodigy's nose

Lol, thats pretty close to how I started with mine..
It took a lot of work to get a finished part though..

One lesson I learned after using the honda bumper is it has a round curve where the Fiero has a slight V like split from the middle of the bumper...concluded that these details do matter when you want to blend the bumper to the rest of the car..... btw proportions are important too
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro what lights do you use on the bumper?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are aftermarket crystal lights for a Prelude...at that time the final solution for what I was looking for..
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The "tweaking" never stops huh? lol. looks good!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The nose is freakishly aggressive and the rake is unbelievable!

At the end of the day-it's a heavily modified Fiero nose, but with modernized tweaks onboard.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly that is sick !

It looks sooo much better next to the car.

Is there anybody better at designing body parts for our cars ???

Hello vendors !!?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-11-2011).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
100,000X better without being next to the Celica (or w/e) headlight cutouts! loll

Can't wait to see her mounted and in the sun! Hurry up Curly!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

100,000X better without being next to the Celica (or w/e) headlight cutouts! loll

Can't wait to see her mounted and in the sun! Hurry up Curly!

Mounted

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
before:

after:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Some new custom work recently completed by a forum member.

Man, I love that Munson bumper. I think I'd like it a whole lot more with the original aero nose chin, though, how it was wider at the wheel well and angled in toward the nose. Just seems to flow better to me.
Anyone care to photoshop it ?

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Deeefinitely. Slap some '94 Grand Prix lights in those slits and I'd be one happy camper.

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Photoshop I made the other day.

Loving that. Good ol' recognizable Pontiac.

Madcurl, loving that aero nose on steroids. StAEROid nose... hah, anyway.
Also, gotta say that Fie Ro's car is pure orgasm. I'm all about the aero bumper or anything that retains or references classic Pontiac panache, but that bumper is damn sexy.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Fie RO, I never noticed that before. You took quite a bit of length out of the front bumper.
Interestingly it actually helped the proportions of the car.

Do you scrape the front end less now, with the decreased overhang, than a stock nose?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock