Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Custom Noses ? Let's see your ideas or work. by exoticse
Started on: 09-28-2006 01:29 AM
Replies: 746 (77663 views)
Last post by: TRiAD on 08-11-2021 03:50 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice job Mike !

That looks good.

IP: Logged
Mike Murphy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Nice job Mike !

That looks good.

Thanks. It was about a 2.5 year project between the body swap, door swap, engine & trans swap, interior etc. Too long and a lot of blood, sweat and tears. The next project will be a repaint of my Indy and after that I'm done with projects. If I get a 3800 sc auto it will have been done by someone else but doubt if the wife is going to allow that to happen. It was hard enough to justify getting rid of 3 Fieros recently. 88 Formula, 85 GT and 87GT plus some cash to have my baby of 33 years restored but it was worth it.

For those of you born before this car was made it is the last of 4,519 Pontiac Grandville Convertibles built the last year GM built a full size "B" body convertible in 1975 with a 124 inch wheelbase, 226 inches in length, has a curb weight of 4,636 and is all stock with the original 455 CID engine with 88,000 on the beast. I was thrilled Christmas day it only took $34.00 to fill it up with 91 octane.

Not as much fun as the red 88 Indy DOHC 3.4 as far as performance but a joy to cruise in with the top down on a sunny warm Spring day and room enough for 6 comfortably with luggage. I can remember Spring break in Ft Lauderdale with my buddies and lots of other memories I probably should not describe here..
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fie Ro!
People have been asking you since Sept. of 2003 for a copy of your fabulous custom front bumper. You have mentioned that you would change a few things.... Well????? We would all still like to buy a copy. Any plans to sell them yet and make us all happy???? PLEASE????
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mark A. Klein:

Hey Fie Ro!
People have been asking you since Sept. of 2003 for a copy of your fabulous custom front bumper. You have mentioned that you would change a few things.... Well????? We would all still like to buy a copy. Any plans to sell them yet and make us all happy???? PLEASE????

Thank you very much..!.but I said I "should" change a few things IF I would make copies...sorry but that will still not happen..I already lack the time to get all of my ideas done..
Honestly, as it is I dont think it is a perfect replacement on every Fiero...and it needs to be perfect before I would offer something
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK Fie Ro, I would buy yours as is, but what changes would you make? I was thinking of narrowing the horizontal center grill bar a bit and adding 03 Chevy pickup headlights so that I could remove the lights in my hood. Photoshop anyone?
Dash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DashSend a Private Message to DashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

A bit of a strech maybe hehe

you can't see it but i'm flipping you off out of jealousy
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dash:
you can't see it but i'm flipping you off out of jealousy

Does that mean I'm number ,1,,

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Murphy:

I really like your car. How did you attached the lower chin?

JG
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't speak for him, but it was probably done one of two ways. The expensive but faster way is to buy the cover up piece from Sage/Fiero Warehouse. The cheaper, more labor intensive way is to cut off the bottom of an aero front fascia, flip it over and attach it to the bottom of another aero front fascia. If that's the way he did it, it looks like it was molded/smoothed in. Nice looking.
Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

I really like your car. How did you attached the lower chin?

JG

Comprised of two Fiero Areo bumpers. The second one is cut accross and I used small bolts to hold them while I proceeded with at least 3 kits of 3M bumper repair epoxy, fiberglass cloth and pieces of bumper to re-inforce the under side so that it would not flap in the breeze. I also wanted a one piece look without seams. Some where I have several step by step photos doing this. I'll see what I can dig up.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!!!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
NEW e-mail address ankerenterprises@yahoo.com
Anker Enterprises L.L.C.

MY 88 Northstar build thread

PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine. Same idea as Mike's, but different.

------------------

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this on German eBay:

http://stores.ebay.de/crazy...261018QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Interesting!
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Saw this on German eBay:

Interesting!

This looks very nice but a litte too japanese... I would still use it.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget visit our google ad sponsors
http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what I was thinking of attempting...a bit more than just the nose, though.

Maybe you photoshop guys can have some fun with it.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a worthy endevour...When do you get started

Bob
red84fieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84fieromanSend a Private Message to red84fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so i assume this has never been brought to the market

god damn thats the best bumper ever on fiero i've seen

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by red84fieroman:

so i assume this has never been brought to the market

god damn thats the best bumper ever on fiero i've seen

HI all

LOL, while I would want sumfin different, you'd have to step in line for this bumper, should she ever be made...... Do a search for the name Fie Ro or run a search for concept GTR..... There are actually 2 threads about this car, the body and the interior.......

Thanx all, for yur time!......

edit to add: Here is the link for the dash build up: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/046970.html

Here is the link for the body: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/038785.html
------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 01-12-2009).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pavo_roddy

4351 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Saw this on German eBay:

Interesting!

HI all

I bet if you were to add pontiac like nostrils, this bumper would resemble the Grand Prix GTP bumper! Sweet find!

Thanx all, for your time!.......

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

Here's mine. Same idea as Mike's, but different.

Nice, clean and simple. Elegant would be a good word.
south florida fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for south florida fierosSend a Private Message to south florida fierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the noses I look at are sweet.

------------------
south florida fieros

PFF
System Bot
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

I bet if you were to add pontiac like nostrils, this bumper would resemble the Grand Prix GTP bumper! Sweet find!

Thanx all, for your time!.......

The bumper flows with the car for me and the Pontiac nostrils would look good too.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kyunderdawg

4373 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Hey, Jake_Dragon. Did you notice on your avatar that the guy on the right is reaching in with his right hand and smacking the guy on the left with his left hand?

Paul

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 01-13-2009).]

fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

This is what I was thinking of attempting...a bit more than just the nose, though.

Here's a really simple overlay so you can see where things will go. It looks awesome, but getting the headlights counters sunk like that is going to take some frame modification, and pulling the B pillars in to give it the hips is going to require some major frame construction, unless you're planning on doing it by adding a widebody... From the looks of your drawing though, it doesn't look like it was intended to be a widebody....

EDIT:
The more I look at it, the more it actually does look like a widebody...

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 01-13-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Hey, Jake_Dragon. Did you notice on your avatar that the guy on the right is reaching in with his right hand and smacking the guy on the left with his left hand?

Paul

That's because it's the same frame, flipped 180o on it's vertical axis...
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

That's because it's the same frame, flipped 180o on it's vertical axis...

Man, I do good to type and navigate this forum and you expect me to understand the stuff you computer programmers do? I understand what you say sometimes, but not in how its done.

Check your PM's!!!!
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EDIT:
The more I look at it, the more it actually does look like a widebody...

It was meant to!

The only frame modification it should need is at the front for the headlights and probably a bit off the front bumper rebar corners for the roundness.

[This message has been edited by Stubby79 (edited 01-13-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was meant to!

The only frame modification it should need is at the front for the headlights and probably a bit off the front bumper rebar corners for the roundness.

Ah. Got it. I'll do some magic on it and see what I come up with. Very nice Drawing, BTW, your perspective is pretty good.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah. Got it. I'll do some magic on it and see what I come up with. Very nice Drawing, BTW, your perspective is pretty good.

Thanks!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saw this on German eBay:

Interesting!

Last summer I bought one of these, out of curiosity and because several forummembers were curious about it..(not for putting it on MY Fiero )

The layup is ok but the first obvious fault is it doesnt continue the hoodlines like the (photoshopped) picture. When I met Dietmar shortly after he told me he testfitted the same bumper and said the fit is horrible...so I havent even testfitted it.
btw: notice it is for a PONTIAK

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Last summer I bought one of these, out of curiosity and because several forummembers were curious about it..(not for putting it on MY Fiero )

The layup is ok but the first obvious fault is it doesnt continue the hoodlines like the (photoshopped) picture. When I met Dietmar shortly after he told me he testfitted the same bumper and said the fit is horrible...so I havent even testfitted it.

So... Whatcha gonna do with it? I mean, if you're not going to test fit it, you can feel free to just send it on my way...
PFF
System Bot
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Paul

I fixed it for ya Jake:

red84fieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84fieromanSend a Private Message to red84fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
with the price all the aftermarket bumpers for the Fiero goes for your better off custom making one
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

with the price all the aftermarket bumpers for the Fiero goes for your better off custom making one

You can, but IMO it's best fork over the money (under $400) and buy one from Jimmy in FL and then re-tweak the part your own way. Plenty of people have started projects and after a few months they get frustrated give up.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Any chance you bought the side skirts?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did the Attack kit car provided the inspiration ?

Hey those molds are on sale BTW !

i think 5K gets them !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-14-2009).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Did the Attack kit car provided the inspiration ?

Hey those molds are on sale BTW !

i think 5K gets them !

That and a couple of others, including a pervious kit car(Evoluzione) by the same guys, mid 90's Camaros for the recessed headlights, and probably one or two others...I like the design a lot, but I need a place for the front license plate around here so might have to re-think it.

Exactly how I feel. Then you get exactly what you want (and what you put into it).

[This message has been edited by Stubby79 (edited 01-14-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exactly how I feel. Then you get exactly what you want (and what you put into it).

I completely agree with both of you. I think one of the biggest frustrations is the that the bumper is RIM instead of just straight fiberglass, so you can either design & glass while it's on the car, or be VERY specific and make sure it doesn't flex if you do it off the car. Either way can be quite a headache. But if you buy a premade one, all the critical fitting areas should already be good to go, so all you gotta do is add on (or take away).
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top!

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump and I hope to have pictures of my own to add in a few weeks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock