Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (44015 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SETS OF OUTER DEW WIPES IN STOCK
I'm selling sets of hand made inner and outer dew wipes.

OUTER DEW WIPES
I installed my trial pair (first set made) on my personal 87GT. They fit great. These are made using the correct rivets so nothing protrudes from either side. I can only make these as I have time so they are first come first serve. All steel parts are laser cut and CNC Bent. They are built as close to factory spec and appearance as possible with materials available at this time. Research never stops on looking for the exact materials needed to make the OEM PRODUCED STYLE MADE 20+ years ago.

Price is $100 per pair. $50 Each

I can offer single sides if needed

INNER DEW WIPES

I also make inner dew wipes as well. These are made by using another GM Part to start with. They hold on a lot tighter to the seam on the door and do not require the hold down bracket for those using different door panels. They look and function GREAT.

Price is $80 a pair. $40 each.

I can also supply you with some pieces of the felt to allow you to recover your original Guides, upon request. Or you can purchase them from The Fiero Store.

Shipping is about $14 now for USA shipments. I have no problems shipping to any other country, but I will have to look up the price to ship.

Most orders are shipped with Insurance.
I have seen others take payment up front and have problems during the process and then get bashed for it so I will not do that.

FORUM REVIEW

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072583.html

FEEDBACK
"Mine just arrived. they came very well packaged in the triangular box and nicely wrapped with bubble plastic. the first thing i noticed was how thick and fluffy the widow guide thing looked in comparison to those that are in my car. It'll be nice to have something soft guiding the window instead of the flattened "window scratcher" thats in there now.
overall the workmanship is great. These look like they were made by GM or an Aftermarket company like YearOne.
this work is far better than anything i could have ever done, and likely for less money than i would have to invest to be able to do it so well.
over all i give them an 11/10.
I really have to hand it to you Stu, these are awesome parts. well made, good design, nice and simple.
Thanks a lot for the parts, and keep up the good work. "

"Your dew wipes were a hit. You should be getting a few orders from today's show. ....... (PFF User) was very impressed, and said they are better than the Fiero Store dew wipes."

"I think they look factory to me. other than slight color varations never seen once in the car. I'm a 100% happy."

"I just received my set...Thank you they look amazing!!"

"I am very pleased with the dew wipes I got from you. If you choose to continue to make these I would encourage anyone to buy these from you. They really are a nice product."

"Got my 2 sets yesterday!! Beautiful workmanship, and worth every penny!!
If every vendor/seller/buyer worked like Stu, there would be no need for a good/bad list. "

"Stu, got 'em last week and installed them yesterday, AWESOME PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"mine showed up....they look great...very well manufactured, high quality...cant wait to install them along with my new windows...thanks again.."

"Stu thanks for a well made product ,install them last week and fit perfect thank you."

"I really appreciate what TFS does for our cars, and the support they go to for our shows...
And I know that their wipes are better than cracked dried old ones...
But you guys are missing out on fantastic quality with the STU-wipes.
the man almost has them down to a work of art."

"I love my DIY-STU wipes as well. They are amazing, and look great!!"

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 01-04-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, when I order a set (sometime before Christmas), do you need cores sent back? I know there is no core charge, just wondering if you need the hardware.

------------------
Christian
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd, 88 suspension, C6 polished wheels, C5 Z06 brakes, Konis, poly'd, Spec Stg 3, LED taillights
Next Mod: LT1 fuel injection with Megasquirt II
301rwhp/345rwtq
Stovebolt Powered!!!!!
06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ LSD (the slow DD)

[This message has been edited by CTFieroGT87 (edited 08-29-2008).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just recieved mine today. Very nice, solid replacements that are as good if not better than the factory ones I picked up off Ebay. Thanks Stu.... Great job!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No no need for cores. Unless you just have to.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the old thread if anyone wants to read through it. All the information has been transfered from there to the first post here.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/039920.html
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow have six sets waiting for more than two days. That's a first.
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a set... PM on its way.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replied.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All orders have been shipped.
FieroXXX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroXXXSend a Private Message to FieroXXXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today. Very nice looking, I can't wait to put them on. Thanks again.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
be sure to tell how they compare to the originals you take off the car. I would like to know your true reaction.
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great product
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Stu, you have mentioned that you have a way to install the dews that works the best and without special tools. I am sure that we all would like to have a "How To" of the way that you do it.
Would you have the time to make a good "How To" with pics and explanations on how best to do this? Something in .pdf format that we could download?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No need to rewrite what Jstrickler has already done such a great job doing. Turns out my way is his way.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/070656.html

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a huge review comparing these to Fiero Store's https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072583.html
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

No need to rewrite what Jstrickler has already done such a great job doing. Turns out my way is his way.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/070656.html

Thanks....
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of storage life would these have STU? I was thinking about buying a set to "pack away" for that day down the road that I need them.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NO IDEA, I've had a set being stored on our daily driver for nearly a year with no issues, but from the reviews and the materials I use they should last a while. I would keep them indoors though just to save life. With you being in Michigan I wouldn't stow them under your daily driver with all the salt and all.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 09-24-2008).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Currently sold out but may take prepayment if desired to expedite manufacture.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 04-06-2010).]

Nextel dude

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nextel dudeSend a Private Message to Nextel dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished installing the outer dew wipes today. There is no comparison between the OEM ones I replaced and the new ones. The quality and construction is far superior. Thanks Stu for a great product and quick shipping.

Chuck
PFF
System Bot
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still making these?

Thanks
Kevin

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1996 Chevy Lumina LS

1986 Fiero Base Coupe...NO OPTIONS !!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A-sometime this year 3800S/C..maybe
1984 Fiero Indy-Restoring back to former glory

MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, yhpm!
sparx22

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sparx22Send a Private Message to sparx22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an installation question. I saw somewhere a stubby phillips screwdriver tip mounted to a flat plate to assist the install of these strips, maybe at the Fiero Store, I dunno.

Does this tool help because these due strips are hard to replace correct?
TIA
sparx22

[This message has been edited by sparx22 (edited 10-24-2008).]

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sparx22:

I have an installation question. I saw somewhere a stubby phillips screwdriver tip mounted to a flat plate to assist the install of these strips, maybe at the Fiero Store, I dunno.

TIA
sparx22

Rodney Dickman sells the tool.

www.rodneydickman.com
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sparx22:

TIA
sparx22

People kept saying, "Oh you don't need the tool, it isn't as hard as people make it out to be" and when I got to those two last screws, I REALLY wish I had bought the tool, would have saved me almost an hour of cursing, swearing, etc.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not that hard!!! just need an extra set of hands. My 3 year old qualifies for that extra set for me. Just need someone to lift the edge after you have the stops out and the window up all the way and slid back all the way. I guess I really need to make a new video to try to get these points demonstrated.

I've been in a slum waiting on some money to come in to get materials. I may be making an offer to paypal buyers within the next couple days. I really need to get this show back on the road. I've been taking care of some other matters over the last few weeks that's taken a lot of my time lately. But SOON I will say SOON.

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

People kept saying, "Oh you don't need the tool, it isn't as hard as people make it out to be" and when I got to those two last screws, I REALLY wish I had bought the tool, would have saved me almost an hour of cursing, swearing, etc.

I have the tool and I think its easier to just drill the window rivits out at the bottom (if the inner door panel is easily removed) and replace them with locktite nuts and bolts, plus this way you can replace the guide brushes also (a real PITA to do with the glass in)
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, I'll be able to paypal you for a set next Friday!
civicduty13

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for civicduty13Click Here to visit civicduty13's HomePageSend a Private Message to civicduty13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still making these?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes and I'll make the next 5 paypal buyers a deal they will love, but it will require a little wait time.
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be one of the next five please, if not taken already. I need a pair of outer dew wipes, should I paypal now?

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 10-26-2008).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spots 1 and 2 spoken for.
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#1 paid
#2 paid
#3 paid
#4 paid in clearing
#5 spoken for
#6 Interested second set for one of the 5.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 10-27-2008).]

Lilchief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in, pm sent

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All 5 or more spoken for lil chief you're in even if you're #6 but right now I got to call PAUSE. I'm getting emails and pm's and cannot put PFF names to the emails payments etc. let me sort this out. Never felt the need for 3 monitors before.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Ok got everything sorted out and entered into my database.
Lilchief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P.M. sent

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1-5 Paid
orders made.
Calling in the morning to verify orders to get them here by Friday. Leaves me a few days to try to sort out my 2.8 problems. before making dews again like mad.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock